Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Rirse posted:

I got the 250th navigation line on the final boss about one round before it died. That was surprising to see pop up with the usual "cannont take screenshot at this time" message.

It's unfortunate that it seems like you can't take screenshots in 90% of the game and the game feels the need to constantly remind you of this. Lots of moments I'd have loved to have screenshotted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.
I need to play through the game again with a capture card just to make a collage of everyone dunking on Mishima

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Waiting on the last(?) calling card and just finishing up links. All the daytime links are maxed except Yusuke (who just needs one last day), Futaba (at 8), Haru (at 4) and Shinya (ehh). Nighttime's doing okay too, Sojiro's about done so that just leaves Mishima, Becky, Hifumi, Chihaya and Ohya. Quite a lot of links and I'm pretty sure I don't have enough days to do them all - Ohya's still at 1, for instance.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

TheLoser posted:

I need to play through the game again with a capture card just to make a collage of everyone dunking on Mishima

One of the best (which I wish I had taken a photo of) was when you run into one of your other buddies while out with Mishima (even if this seems like a bad use of your time it is worth it), and they're like "Oh, is this a friend of yours" and you can say "Friend... is a bit much."

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

One of the best (which I wish I had taken a photo of) was when you run into one of your other buddies while out with Mishima (even if this seems like a bad use of your time it is worth it), and they're like "Oh, is this a friend of yours" and you can say "Friend... is a bit much."

"He can carry our bags."

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

Motto posted:

Holy gently caress I hate anubises

Fuse an Isis. She nulls Light and Dark, and that's all he throws at you. I frequently ended fights with him with everyone else dead, but Anubis couldn't touch my MC.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The summer scenes where your confidants run into each other are great and I wish there were more of them. The biggest draw for a NG+ would be for me to see the one where you go fishing with Ryuji and Kawakami

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
Jeez, Haru asking in Mementos "Why is it that I feel a shred of excitement whenever the Shadows plead for their lives?" God drat, girl. :black101:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Sharkman posted:

Just started my NG+ run.

Does anybody else want to build up Arsene to be not-poo poo like I did in P4 way back when?

It was way easier to do in Golden thanks to Rare Hands, skillcards, and the changes to Shuffle Time, and I wanted to do so this time as well.

Any pointers?

I do have to note that my only Rank 10 Confidant/S. Link party member ended up being Ryuji and thanks to Haru's requirement of Level 5 Proficiency, I never got past rank 1.

I'm a little surprised at myself, since the first time I played P4, I at least managed to get my teammates to Rank 10, even if I skipped others.

You can't get all 99 but here's mine at the moment. I guess I could put Riot in place of Triple but like, whats the difference since it kills everything anyways I guess.

I must become a man deserving of my gun and coffee wife.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

New Game+ Revelaitons -

The dickbags in the hotel buffet cutscene are actually the 5 DEADLY KINGZ of the Ark in Shido's palace.

The gutsy response to Shido's goons is basically nothing.

When Makoto starts tailing you, if you go to the underground mall and run away from Yusuke's standing stop, she drift's around the corner comically with the book in front of her.

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Fucking blocks... I'm gonna climb the shit outta you!

Rirse posted:

I got the 250th navigation line on the final boss about one round before it died. That was surprising to see pop up with the usual "cannont take screenshot at this time" message.

I got it in a similar place, as soon as the final boss fight started. Not knowing what it was, I went to press the PS button to find out... but pressed OPTIONS by accident and had a heart attack when my characters started to Rush attack the final boss.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Haru has a weird voice but it's good in All-Out Attacks when she says "Now let's punch them!"

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

"He can carry our bags."
LOL at an angry gamer child being a closer friend than him.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Palace 4 is dope.

Also it reminds me of the Cloister trials in FFX.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
I'm at the point of the game where you get the new analyst/support character, Futaba, to replace Morgana. It's interesting that in this one, Morgana kind of developed an inferiority complex because he is being out-performed by Futaba in terms of support, in the previous games, your old analysts, Mitsuru and Teddy was happy to have someone relieved them and in Mitsuru's case, she's obviously a frontline fighter so much so I'm just counting down the days until the game would let me use her in combat.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

davidHalestorm posted:

I'm at the point of the game where you get the new analyst/support character, Futaba, to replace Morgana. It's interesting that in this one, Morgana kind of developed an inferiority complex because he is being out-performed by Futaba in terms of support, in the previous games, your old analysts, Mitsuru and Teddy was happy to have someone relieved them and in Mitsuru's case, she's obviously a frontline fighter so much so I'm just counting down the days until the game would let me use her in combat.

Uh, Teddie goes through the same thing as Morgana. Like he feels absolutely useless leading up to the dungeon as his nose is getting unreliable, which is exasperated by Rise's newly awakened Persona being better than him, and that triggers his shadow/boss fight.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Zore posted:

Uh, Teddie goes through the same thing as Morgana. Like he feels absolutely useless leading up to the dungeon as his nose is getting unreliable, which is exasperated by Rise's newly awakened Persona being better than him, and that triggers his shadow/boss fight.

Order of events is a little off there. Rise doesn't use her persona until the Shadow Teddie fight starts.
Teddie begins feeling frustrated with his nose acting up. Then when Shadow Rise becomes invincible, he goes bearzerk and kamikazes it instead of running away. Afterward Rise accepts her shadow by saying "there is no real me" which makes Teddie question his own existence, and triggers his Shadow appearing.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Rogue 7 posted:

Fuse an Isis. She nulls Light and Dark, and that's all he throws at you. I frequently ended fights with him with everyone else dead, but Anubis couldn't touch my MC.

Yeah, the issue was more about avoiding any party death rather than game over-ing. Not so bad as a challenging encounter during a crawl, but annoying as hell when two show up as reinforcements on the way to the boss.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Palace 5 was where I really started working towards having non-element-based ways of downing enemies (Tower/Miracle Punch/One-Shot Kill)

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

TheFireMagi posted:

Jeez, Haru asking in Mementos "Why is it that I feel a shred of excitement whenever the Shadows plead for their lives?" God drat, girl. :black101:

One of Haru's grenade launchers is called the Town Burner

Do not trust her innocent exterior :catstare:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Captain Oblivious posted:

Have you not seen the bigass axe she wields as a weapon? She isn't going for "elegant" French, she's Revolutionary French.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I haven't had much luck with the low damage,
high-crit phys skills so far.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Have you not seen the bigass axe she wields as a weapon? She isn't going for "elegant" French, she's Revolutionary French.

So that's why there's a lesson on the guillotine...

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

The description is something like 'a gun that causes massive property damage'

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Started palace 6 and the music is loving awesome. I just want to wander around and listen to it forever.
Godammit Goro, why do you have to be freakin fabulous?

Palace 5 sucked rear end in so many ways.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

I'm not sure if it was the bright, busy art style or the vocals in the dungeon track, but Palace 6 gave me a bit of a headache going through it.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Thinking back on it, I'm surprised Takemi's price-cut isn't behind a stat-check considering how strong her accessories are.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Motto posted:

Thinking about it, I'm kind of surprised Takemi's price-cut isn't behind a stat-check considering how strong her accessories are.

The stuff locked behind stat-checks really has no bearing on how strong it is tbh. Haru's stuff is pretty good, I guess, but as much as I like Makoto and Iwai's links none of the perks gated by their rank 5 stat checks are good at all. Even the Star stat-check comes after she gives you almost all her best stuff.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

I like how some Confidants boost one of your stats and also require that stat to be maxed to complete it, just to ensure that the rest of the levels are wastes for stat building.

Note: I don't actually like it.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

ajkalan posted:

I like how some Confidants boost one of your stats and also require that stat to be maxed to complete it, just to ensure that the rest of the levels are wastes for stat building.

Note: I don't actually like it.

I think thats just Sojiro's tbf.

Its still weird as heck.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Zore posted:

I think thats just Sojiro's tbf.

Its still weird as heck.

Togo does that too with knowledge.

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

Rirse posted:

Togo does that too with knowledge.

Iwai and guts too.

E: Nevermind, Iwai gives Prof, not guts

Miles Vorkosigan
Mar 21, 2007

The stuff that dreams are made of.

Valentine's Day spoilers https://youtu.be/BgW41uwP8co?t=1m24s

Don't cheat on Haru.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Thread: Some confidants boost stats so focus on those!

Me: Awesome! :dance:

*gets a string of rank ups with no stat boosts*

Me: :negative:

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Miles Vorkosigan posted:

Don't cheat on Haru.

"I do want the chocolates." is a very underrated protag line

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Miles Vorkosigan posted:

Don't cheat on Haru.

The menace in "Before I crush it" is very good.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Miles Vorkosigan posted:

Don't cheat on Haru.

Ok, that's hilarious. Just goes to show that Sojiro's got your back.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

No Mods No Masters posted:

"I do want the chocolates." is a very underrated protag line

I kinda want a voiced mc just so I can hear all the rear end in a top hat jokes lines. "Beep boop"

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Jimbot posted:

Ok, that's hilarious. Just goes to show that Sojiro's got your back.

Glancing at Ryuji's text before slumping over was the part that got me from amused to laughing.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I thought Makoto was gung-ho about fighting but then Haru guns everyone down like Scarface and then goes, "I think I want more :keke: "

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
School festival spoilers

Not sure if I'm overthinking it, but it sounds like Akechi's awakening was a Persona 3-like one with him facing death. I also feel like Futaba's was a Persona 4-like one with her facing the truth about her mother's death. If they were intentional, that's a neat bit of consistency.