Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best soup
French Onion
Creamy Potato
Chicken Noodle
Gumbo... the answer is gumbo
View Results

• Locked thread
small hendren
Jan 27, 2011
Finally got around to starting this and the system menu is all hosed up and unreadable :whoptc:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

small hendren posted:

Finally got around to starting this and the system menu is all hosed up and unreadable :whoptc:

Try changing the language to English

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

Try changing the language to English

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Uh, well that's not right.

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011
I guess the issue started with the latest patch or something :shrug:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Oh drat

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

the real nier automata starts here

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

small hendren posted:

I guess the issue started with the latest patch or something :shrug:

Looks like you're out of luck until they fix it then, nier as I can see... uh huh huh huh huh

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Uh... Yeah, uh...

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011
:moonrio: on to Persona 5

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

small hendren posted:

:moonrio: on to Persona 5

I'm super excited to start playing Persona 5, but I want to make sure I have some time to really enjoy it. Godspeed.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
this spring has been criminally over loaded with sweet games

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

hubris.height posted:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

hubris.height posted:

That's fine, there's nothing this summer except Shadow of War and Yakuza: Kiwami

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

That's fine, there's nothing this summer except Shadow of War and Yakuza: Kiwami

I'm going to play 100 hours each of Splatoon 2, Tekken 7 and Rev 2 and they all come out within like 2 weeks of each other.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

hubris.height posted:

Between NieR, BOTW and P5 I've gamed a lifetime in the past couple months

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm finally about to get back in to this game. Right now I'm halfway through route B.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Pablo Gigante posted:

Between NieR, BOTW and P5 I've gamed a lifetime in the past couple months

yeah, same

i guess i need to pick up botw next, i've been putting that one off

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

I'm finally about to get back in to this game. Right now I'm halfway through route B.

You're about to reach one of the coolest parts of the game. Godspeed gamer

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011

mysterious frankie posted:

I'm super excited to start playing Persona 5, but I want to make sure I have some time to really enjoy it. Godspeed.

Decided to reinstall Nier without the latest patch and it works perfectly. This game is incredible so far.

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
I just finished route a. What a great game. The combat makes it fun moment to moment until the next story bit happens. Is there any benefits to doing all side quests? I feel like I'm getting by just fine with hp restoratives.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the stories for the side quests are cool but doing as many as you can on route a will for sure over level you.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

also if you're struggling with them at all leave them to the next route. Plenty of them carry over or are accessible any time. Don't be like me spending half an hour trying to beat Brother Servo without getting hit once or fishing for an hour to save up to afford certain things when you can just start the next route and take down difficult foes with ease and have 3 billion gold within a couple of hours from improved drops

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
I'm glad to hear they carry over to next route. I accidently triggered the end of the game on route a and was like nooooo

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

small hendren posted:

Decided to reinstall Nier without the latest patch and it works perfectly. This game is incredible so far.

Congrats

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
I just got to route c and the difficulty spike is huge. I have no clue how chips work so I let the game optimize that for me. I'm considering switching to easy mode

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

IdealFlaws posted:

I just got to route c and the difficulty spike is huge. I have no clue how chips work so I let the game optimize that for me. I'm considering switching to easy mode

How many sidequests have you been doing? The whole game was pretty easy for me on normal since I was insanely overlevelled from doing everything I could

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
I think I had 27% completion with quests. And I did spend a fair amount of time doing extra quests on route b. It felt like I had more than enough stuff/xp going into route c but I hit a wall pretty hard

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

IdealFlaws posted:

properly speccing your chips to your play style is how you make the game easy. Equip some thjngs that heal on attacks and kills and it's basically godmode

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
Also, when combining odd-leveled (+1, +3, +5, etc.) and level +0 chips, you can fuse a diamond efficiency chip (4 drain at level 0) with the next lowest drain chip (5 drain at level 0) and still get a diamond efficiency chip (5 drain at level +1).

If that doesn't make sense, take a look at this thing. And if that still doesn't make sense, just fuse poo poo to get as low drain as possible and sell anything with ten drain or above unless you want to keep it to screw around with.

I run with all movement stuff, drop rate stuff, auto use item, shockwave, offensive heal (sometimes deadly heal if there's room), and one fairly high-ranked chip of melee strength/melee defense/ranged defense each. I have another boss fight set-up that drops some of the utility stuff for more damage/defense. I'm almost certain I'm ignoring some good chips, but I'm cruising along at a good pace.

Play around a little with the system and see what's fun for you; make a new manual save and fuse some chips and test them out. However, if the difficulty is too high you're probably not using a suitably-ranked defensive chip. I feel like auto use item is very important if you die a lot.

And do the side quest that lets you ride animals without using bait (Animal Care) and maybe the one that spawns animals in convenient places (Half-wit Inventor).

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Oh is drain the amount of space it takes from your pods storage? I did not know that lol. It's my own fault for ignoring the RPG-like side of this game and trying to play it like purely mg rising

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
I don't think it's the pod's storage but YOUR storage since you can rip the OS chip out and kill yourself. If you haven't already done so, go buy the storage upgrades from Resistance camp maintenance lady to get to 128 capacity ASAP.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

come for the robot girls

stay for the depression :911:

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Yeah i had to cry into a pillow and watch some recess afterwards. That games no joke

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

IdealFlaws posted:

Yeah i had to cry into a pillow and watch some recess afterwards. That games no joke

I'm still thinking about it a week later

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Don't be like me spending half an hour trying to beat Brother Servo without getting hit once

I got his health down by like 20% then for some reason I couldn't damage him anymore. I stopped after like 10 minutes of doing zero damage. Do i have to be a certain level to beat his 4th iteration or something?

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

GANDHITRON posted:

Also, when combining odd-leveled (+1, +3, +5, etc.) and level +0 chips, you can fuse a diamond efficiency chip (4 drain at level 0) with the next lowest drain chip (5 drain at level 0) and still get a diamond efficiency chip (5 drain at level +1).

Oh poo poo is that what the diamond means?? i beat the whole game without ever know what that was lol

anyway just get overclock, shockwave and deadly heal chips and the game gets super easy

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
pascal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011
i love this game and i'm going to play it all night :hai:

• Locked thread