Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Ygolonac posted:

(Uncanny X-Men 542, says the source page)

Best part of Fear Itself, and it had Greg Land on art! It was a fresh take on the traditional Juggernaut story. Juggernaut is like a genre himself. Thor, Spider-Man, X-Men, but only in a Hulk book does it really become a brawl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Open Marriage Night posted:

Best part of Fear Itself, and it had Greg Land on art! It was a fresh take on the traditional Juggernaut story. Juggernaut is like a genre himself. Thor, Spider-Man, X-Men, but only in a Hulk book does it really become a brawl.

Yeah, it's a really cracking story. Great characterization of Cyclops and a legitimately scary take on Juggernaut. The Herald is a great character. Shame about the art, but what're y'gonna do?

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Evil Mastermind posted:

Quentin Quire is the kid who wears a "Magneto Was Right" shirt around Xavier's. That should tell you everything you need to know.

What really makes Quentin sing for me is that his future is pretty reliably "leader of the X-Men, big drat hero, standard-bearer of Xavier's Dream, etc." The journey from here to there is what's interesting. He's not my favorite recent X-person, though. That would be Evan, who's threatened with the exact opposite arc, so of course their friendship is a big deal to me.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Test Pattern posted:

What really makes Quentin sing for me is that his future is pretty reliably "leader of the X-Men, big drat hero, standard-bearer of Xavier's Dream, etc." The journey from here to there is what's interesting. He's not my favorite recent X-person, though. That would be Evan, who's threatened with the exact opposite arc, so of course their friendship is a big deal to me.

What makes him 'sing for me' is that his future self is not only leader of the X-Men, big drat hero, standard-bearer of the school and dream, but that he's in complete control of the Pheonix Force, he is loved by most of the world, he has made the X-Men these awesome paragons of goodness.... and he loving hates it. He sees this, and goes 'gently caress you, no, this isn't me, this isn't what I want to be'.

I also like Evan more though, because he sees a future where he will always become Apocalypse. There is no maybe, there is no what if, he will become Apocalypse, everything is telling him that, and he knows people who say otherwise are lying. Everything anyone does will just delay it. And yet he's still so kind and caring, as he rejects his fated future.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Edmund Lava posted:

Does Gabby count as an X-Person?

I can't remember if she's appeared outside All New Wolverine yet but she's very quickly edging Rockslide out as my favourite (and To Serve And Protect is practically my holy book)

(All-New Wolverine #19)

We all have an X-Book Pitch. Mine is a new Exiles starring an adult Gabby-as-Wolverine, her husband Scott Summers (not named Cyclops because he never got that head trauma and thus can control his blasts but was never the leader of the X-Men so he's way more chill) and Rockslide-as-Juggernaut who manages to avoid becoming morose like Colossus did, by sheer force of Awesomeness.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Test Pattern posted:

I love how the last issue of Wolverine and the X-men he allows for the school to continue. Through out the series all he wants to do is end the school, and in the end he is the one who allows for it to continue.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Diet Poison posted:

Scott Summers (not named Cyclops because he never got that head trauma and thus can control his blasts but was never the leader of the X-Men so he's way more chill)

Cyclops has brain damage? That would explain so much.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Diet Poison posted:

I can't remember if she's appeared outside All New Wolverine yet but she's very quickly edging Rockslide out as my favourite (and To Serve And Protect is practically my holy book)

(All-New Wolverine #19)

We all have an X-Book Pitch. Mine is a new Exiles starring an adult Gabby-as-Wolverine, her husband Scott Summers (not named Cyclops because he never got that head trauma and thus can control his blasts but was never the leader of the X-Men so he's way more chill) and Rockslide-as-Juggernaut who manages to avoid becoming morose like Colossus did, by sheer force of Awesomeness.

Rockslide as a Juggernaut that's an unambiguous force for good could conceivably exist. Cyttorak is not a good deity, but he's not an evil one either. He simply craves destruction. I feel like dimension-hopping Rockernaut could easily find enough evil things to destroy to keep the full blessing of Cyttorak without ever having to do some messed up stuff.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Apr 22, 2017

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Squidster posted:

Rockslide and Anole were the best.

X-men: Serve & Protect

Please tell me at some point they tell Rockslide that wearing a mask isn't going to help protect the identity of a giant man made out of rocks.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Push El Burrito posted:

Please tell me at some point they tell Rockslide that wearing a mask isn't going to help protect the identity of a giant man made out of rocks.

Rockslide? That's obviously the Thing.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Lurdiak posted:

Rockslide as a Juggernaut that's an unambiguous force for good could conceivably exist. Cyttorak is not a good deity, but he's not an evil one either. He simply craves destruction. I feel like dimension-hopping Rockernaut could easily find enough evil things to destroy to keep the full blessing of Cyttorak without ever having to do some messed up stuff.
Wasn't Cyttorak completely satisfied with Colossus's performance?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Nessus posted:

Wasn't Cyttorak completely satisfied with Colossus's performance?

He was loving thrilled.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Rochallor posted:

Yeah, it's a really cracking story. Great characterization of Cyclops and a legitimately scary take on Juggernaut. The Herald is a great character. Shame about the art, but what're y'gonna do?

'Incapacitate'. Yes. That's definitely what setting someone's blood on fire will do to them.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Lone Badger posted:

'Incapacitate'. Yes. That's definitely what setting someone's blood on fire will do to them.

In this case it does, yeah. They know it won't kill him but are hoping to literally make him in so much pain he stops.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

All the plans on that issue were pretty fun.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Couldn't find the source sorry, but I love this fight:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It's Incredible Hulk #172.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ghostlight posted:

It's Incredible Hulk #172.

For awhile I was trying to complete a full collection of Incredible Hulk and then I realized I was poor, which is also probably why I never read this issue before.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

He was loving thrilled.

It turns out that superheroes cause way more property damage than supervillains, who knew!

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Star Wars Tales #14

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

A timeless classic.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Han's face in the recording feels like it's prime avatar material

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

wiegieman posted:

It turns out that superheroes cause way more property damage than supervillains, who knew!

There's a great bit in the first season of the Netflix Daredevil show where one of the bad guys who are raking in giant construction contracts after the Battle of New York is told there's a new superhero in town, and he's thrilled because it probably means more property destruction and another fat contract for him :)

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Star Wars Tales #20

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

What the gently caress

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Aren't Gungans amphibious?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The only way that could be better is if you actually saw his brains get blown out.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Lurdiak posted:

The only way that could be better is if you actually saw his brains get blown out.

You could have just asked for the next two pages

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Jesus that got dark.

MagicAlex
Jan 6, 2007

Roth posted:

Star Wars Tales #14

Strange, I don't remember Han Solo being asleep during that scene.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Not sure of the source, but I love how the one dumb comment completely deflates the mood in the room.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Breetai posted:

Not sure of the source, but I love how the one dumb comment completely deflates the mood in the room.

It's from Wolverine: The Best There Is #3.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I love that storyline.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Breetai posted:

I dunno. I could see Logan getting into a long series of mishaps trying to get his stolen bike back.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Jerusalem posted:

Couldn't find the source sorry, but I love this fight:

I hadn't realized just how much I missed physics diagrams in comics until this very instant.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Roth posted:

You could have just asked for the next two pages

Is ... is that Tony Millionaire drawing that?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

He also wrote it

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Section Z posted:

I dunno. I could see Logan getting into a long series of mishaps trying to get his stolen bike back.

He's more than likely been in the secret basement of the Alamo in some storyline already.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Usually I try to avoid double posting, but this little gem just dropped in the Newspaper Spider-Man thread.

Synthbuttrange posted:

The indignities will continue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Savage Dragon #53, the members of Brute Force are killed off at the beginning of the issue and there's an open casting call for new recruits.