Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Trump is good because he made the Internet stupid again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
I just listened to an episode of the Slate Culture Gabfest, and two of the hosts were saying that the United Airlines incident wouldn't have happened if Trump wasn't president. lmao. I mean, yeah, Trump is a crazy moron, but some liberals are just losing touch with reality.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

idk about Trump but God is Good , yes

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Let's be real here, when Trump runs in 2020, will he win? Who will the democrats run? Seriously? Can you even imagine a Trump concession speech or Pence giving up any of his new power?

lol trumps' fine

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Mordor She Wrote posted:

I don't think it speaks highly of people when they choose to identify with people who say the 14 words just because they were mistakenly labelled a nazi once, in fact that retroactively justifies imo,

it's the "not touching you" school of political activism

sooner or later you're going to be so annoying someone punches you

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
Any criticism of society that factors in race or culture relations will have you branded as a nazi in 2017.

It's also always bad to be on the side of censorship and policing of thoughts/speech/tone.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

SBJ posted:

Any criticism of society that factors in race or culture relations will have you branded as a nazi in 2017.

i have been called a racist multiple times for being a native who only dates white chicks. i was also called a racist for telling some hipster to step off my bro when he was accused of having yellow fever

currently, racist == nazi, so "dating outside of your own race" and "defending white people dating outside of theirs" is now nazism

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
*Richard Spencer reference*

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Wolfsheim posted:

i'm not saying they're all nazis but that's still pretty loving racist

and when you share similar "white culture needs to be protected from the non-white hordes" mindset to neonazis maybe that's a bad thing even if it helps win elections

Truly plumbing the depths of irrelevancy here

Racist, nazi, and white culture are examples of terms that mean literally zero from the left. You don't get to use these words any more

Well.. you can if you want. But you can keep losing. No one cares what you think is a bad thing

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

The White Dragon posted:

i have been called a racist multiple times for being a native who only dates white chicks. i was also called a racist for telling some hipster to step off my bro when he was accused of having yellow fever

currently, racist == nazi, so "dating outside of your own race" and "defending white people dating outside of theirs" is now nazism

If anyone even remotely on the left uses the words nazi, racist, or any other similar term it means they're automatically wrong

Anyone on the left using these words can be disregarded as a clueless idiot who knows literally nothing on any issue whatsoever

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014
Lol """"""""white culture """"

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
White people have never had any culture. They just stare at the wall motionless until a proud person of color does something, then they leap into action and steal it.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
A Trump supporter just said that no one can dip fries in mayo or we'll keep losing elections,. We all better listen to this guy, he's got his finger on the pulse of America.

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

Prorat posted:

Let's be real here, when Trump runs in 2020, will he win? Who will the democrats run? Seriously? Can you even imagine a Trump concession speech or Pence giving up any of his new power?

lol trumps' fine

Trump will win in 2020 if we don't nominate a communism enthusiast.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Kiryen posted:

Racist, nazi, and white culture are examples of terms that mean literally zero from the left. You don't get to use these words any more

Well.. you can if you want. But you can keep losing. No one cares what you think is a bad thing

:laffo: Dude, you are delusional. The majority of Trump's victory can be attributed to having Hillary loving Clinton as his opponent. The loving :siren: PC POLICE :siren: aren't what caused her to lose the election, either; her dumbass campaign hanged itself by refusing to pay attention to Rust Belt states. This does not mean ~democrats can no longer call people racist~ you loving clown.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Kiryen posted:

What a relief! Glad that's settled.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Kiryen posted:

Kiryen posted:

If anyone even remotely on the left uses the words nazi, racist, or any other similar term it means they're automatically wrong

Anyone on the left using these words can be disregarded as a clueless idiot who knows literally nothing on any issue whatsoever

I think you're just mad at the mods.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
To be fair to the obviously-trolling guy that is definitely a standard conservative thing, especially online

Like if someone even remotely considered liberal says 'literal white supremacists are bad' then that means white supremacists are just misunderstood victims of PC culture, not actually racists, because liberals are wrong 100% of the time

Remember that one time Michelle Obama said drinking water was healthy and a million conservatives rushed forward to say she was wrong because its heresy to agree with a liberal on even basis facts :laffo:

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I don''t think there's anything wrong with protesting when the local college republicans invite some crazy dude to go speak. That's pretty much free speech there, too.

I think a good tack against this is when they whine about protests or bad articles written about them, to say that they're calling for censorship of opposing media/viewpoints. Honestly the way that word gets thrown around is just as bad as the 'everyone i disagree with is a nazi' thing. That being said, when you go and ask school admin for things, that's dumb but I think reflective of the atrophy of effective activism in this country.

Also, you have to understand your opponents, too. Milo is just a troll. He doesn't have real opinions(except being a pedophile, lol), so it may not even really be worth arguing against him. It might be better to have approached him with a strategy of making his events as boring as possible by not protesting, but, at the moment there's no real discipline among the groups working for the left so there's no grand strategy to be executed. That's why right now it's just a bunch of people trying to be the next richard spencer puncher.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

The Dennis System posted:

I just listened to an episode of the Slate Culture Gabfest, and two of the hosts were saying that the United Airlines incident wouldn't have happened if Trump wasn't president. lmao. I mean, yeah, Trump is a crazy moron, but some liberals are just losing touch with reality.

Once trump was president and put the Muslim ban EO, airport staff were breaking laws by preventing green card holders entry.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Dizz posted:

Once trump was president and put the Muslim ban EO, airport staff were breaking laws by preventing green card holders entry.

it's still a hell of a leap attaching this to United dragging a citizen already in the country off a plane violently

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Heaven Spacey posted:

:laffo: Dude, you are delusional. The majority of Trump's victory can be attributed to having Hillary loving Clinton as his opponent. The loving :siren: PC POLICE :siren: aren't what caused her to lose the election, either; her dumbass campaign hanged itself by refusing to pay attention to Rust Belt states. This does not mean ~democrats can no longer call people racist~ you loving clown.

Clinton cleared the field for her noms so bad there are like zero young promising candidates that anyone knows now

The loving Republicans have a better back bench, an that's just sad

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

VikingSkull posted:

it's still a hell of a leap attaching this to United dragging a citizen already in the country off a plane violently

Oh I wasn't trying to tie them together, but to make a point that airport staff are insane and just became a little more crazy once trump came in to the mix

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Dizz posted:

Oh I wasn't trying to tie them together, but to make a point that airport staff are insane and just became a little more crazy once trump came in to the mix

People who work at an airport seem to think it's like working at a hospital or something anf they're extremely self-important when in fact most people either ignore or loathe them.

Most people in hospitals already overestimate their worth too so you can imagine the amount of ego flying around here

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

People who work at an airport seem to think it's like working at a hospital or something anf they're extremely self-important when in fact most people either ignore or loathe them.

Most people in hospitals already overestimate their worth too so you can imagine the amount of ego flying around here

:golfclap:

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
Its almost as if the extremist idiots cheering their sides on like a sport team aren't reasonable? They tar everyone who disagrees with them with the worst labels they can find examples of to justify their actions while ignoring the valid arguments being laid out by the non-zealots.

Personally I think that the dick heads on both sides should be allowed to fight to the death out in a big desert arena to prove who's the toughest. Sell tickets and pay per view for the event and use it to finance the wall.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

That goes for a lot of places, but I guess the importance of hospitals/airports just makes it a bit worse.

Abongination posted:

Its almost as if the extremist idiots cheering their sides on like a sport team aren't reasonable? They tar everyone who disagrees with them with the worst labels they can find examples of to justify their actions while ignoring the valid arguments being laid out by the non-zealots.

Personally I think that the dick heads on both sides should be allowed to fight to the death out in a big desert arena to prove who's the toughest. Sell tickets and pay per view for the event and use it to finance the wall.

That would be harmful to the desert habitat though. Just send them all to space where they can eventually fall victim to aliens and dracula.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Harrower posted:

White people have never had any culture. They just stare at the wall motionless until a proud person of color does something, then they leap into action and steal it.

I'm the mythical monolith culture of "white" which totally isn't a political concept less than one hundred years old for the sole purpose of otherizing non whites.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Wolfsheim posted:

i'm not saying they're all nazis but that's still pretty loving racist

and when you share similar "white culture needs to be protected from the non-white hordes" mindset to neonazis maybe that's a bad thing even if it helps win elections

i dunno maybe if white people didnt think it was hilarious to make fun of how lovely white people are then other white people wouldn't think that white people are a minority under attack

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

VikingSkull posted:

Yeah I think everything is racist or islamophobic but the United story was just some regular day-to-day airport poo poo. Plus the guy is going to clean up in a settlement so everybody wins.

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

Abongination posted:

you might get your wish :ohdear:

quote:

There Will Be Blood: Left Prepares For War After Berkeley Beat Down With "Combat Training, Better Equipment, Guns..."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-22/there-will-be-blood-left-prepares-war-after-berkeley-beat-down-combat-training-bette

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

nigga crab pollock posted:

i dunno maybe if white people didnt think it was hilarious to make fun of how lovely white people are then other white people wouldn't think that white people are a minority under attack

"wahhh I can't handle people making fun of my lovely beliefs, better become a white supremacist then!"

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Flight attendants and nurses are both just uninspired waitstaff but with a fancier name.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mordor She Wrote posted:

"wahhh I can't handle people making fun of my lovely beliefs, better become a white supremacist then!"

for a bunch of people who think libs are pussies republicans sure are thin skinned

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Robo Reagan posted:

for a bunch of people who think libs are pussies republicans sure are thin skinned

Its all proojection projection projection

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Yeah but being super thin-skinned and petty has helped them win elections for 30+ years so why stop now :shrug:

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Robo Reagan posted:

*Burns down college because someone says something they don't agree with*

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

On the other hand your side has gamergaters, bird sanctuary occupiers and Starbucks boycotters.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
This is like listening to yankees and red sox fans argue about a team they don't even play on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Assassinating the speakers would be much more efficient.

• Locked thread