Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

XyrlocShammypants posted:

I know someone who works at the Baltimore Amazon sorting facility and he says they already have their mario kart games in house, so I am not worried about getting it exactly Friday

Same for Chattanooga.

And my dude at Best Buy said they're hoarding the systems for a Friday sale thing that should be in today's newspaper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

BoI is great because once you reach a certain skill plateau anything less than reaching Chest/Dark Room/Void is considered a poo poo run.

Like if you play enough you'll learn where the secret, and super secret rooms are usually located, etc

Then you'll start constantly resetting runs because you got a poo poo pickup on floor 1.
No I don't want Mom's Bra :negative:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Infinitum posted:

BoI is great because once you reach a certain skill plateau anything less than reaching Chest/Dark Room/Void is considered a poo poo run.

Like if you play enough you'll learn where the secret, and super secret rooms are usually located, etc

Then you'll start constantly resetting runs because you got a poo poo pickup on floor 1.
No I don't want Mom's Bra :negative:

They made it and the books slightly less poo poo, in terms of "you can pick it up and put it back to get credit towards a transformation" but yeah nothing like a Burning Cellar XL with a quad room full of spiders to make you wish the switch had a dedicated reset button

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Binding of Isaac on Switch is very good. I feel like a sucker for not getting it earlier and I'm glad I didn't put too much time into it on PC.

Can you do coop on it with separated joycons?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

They made it and the books slightly less poo poo, in terms of "you can pick it up and put it back to get credit towards a transformation" but yeah nothing like a Burning Cellar XL with a quad room full of spiders to make you wish the switch had a dedicated reset button

Yeah I'm at a level where that sort of setup is "there better be something good after this bullshit"

SeANMcBAY posted:

Yup!

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

SeANMcBAY posted:

Binding of Isaac on Switch is very good. I feel like a sucker for not getting it earlier and I'm glad I didn't put too much time into it on PC.

Yeah, the only caveat is you'll have to go into the Switch home menu and "split" the joyconns into separate controllers there. It seems to work as expected even if you're in the middle of a run, though, so that's cool.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

XyrlocShammypants posted:

I know someone who works at the Baltimore Amazon sorting facility and he says they already have their mario kart games in house, so I am not worried about getting it exactly Friday

I am if they use Amazon shipping rather than USPS or UPS. Amazon delivery people are the worst and typically skip their rounds, say it was delivered or undeliverable, and then wait until the next day to deliver.

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

Since were on the BOI subject. How does progression usually go? I've killed Mom's heart like 4 times I think? Should I up the difficulty now to see new stuff? Gotten pretty good at finding secret rooms at this point. Don't think I've seen a void room or whatever yet. I like playing as Cain.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Lobstertainment posted:

Since were on the BOI subject. How does progression usually go? I've killed Mom's heart like 4 times I think? Should I up the difficulty now to see new stuff? Gotten pretty good at finding secret rooms at this point. Don't think I've seen a void room or whatever yet. I like playing as Cain.

Play on hard. You'll unlock different rewards in addition to rewards you'd get for completing a task on normal. The game does continue beyond mom's heart eventually.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

bull3964 posted:

I am if they use Amazon shipping rather than USPS or UPS. Amazon delivery people are the worst and typically skip their rounds, say it was delivered or undeliverable, and then wait until the next day to deliver.

Yeah, amazon's own delivery service is loving terrible and is usually why your "release day arrival" is always delayed.

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

SeANMcBAY posted:

Play on hard. You'll unlock different rewards in addition to rewards you'd get for completing a task on normal. The game does continue beyond mom's heart eventually.

Thanks, will do. Had a quick attempt at a run through and already saw new stuff. I have to say I was skeptical about BOI before buying but im over 25 hours now and it owns so :kiddo:

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

Lobstertainment posted:

Thanks, will do. Had a quick attempt at a run through and already saw new stuff. I have to say I was skeptical about BOI before buying but im over 25 hours now and it owns so :kiddo:

it's also worth doing challenges as you unlock them and using all the characters. isaac starts with a really good item once you unlock it, but the first time i played it on PC i always used cain and never even knew about it

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Lobstertainment posted:

Keep playing basically. The game unlocks the more you play it.

Here is Ye Old Giant List of Unlockables

General tips I can give you, to unlock more poo poo, are:
- When you're on the character select screen look at the Completion Marks for each character, and try and knock out as many of them as you can as they unlock a fair chunk of items.
- Look at running Challenges to unlock more items
- Donate to the Donation Machine as often as you think you can (Usually on the 2nd stage of Chapter 3 is the best time, because there is generally very little things to spend money on after that)

Platinum God is a great website to have open as a reference
(This is also the major shortcoming of Isaac in that you need a loving wikipedia to know what half the pickups actually do and I wish there was a Plain English mode)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Legit wish there was an unlock all option as well, cause I cannot be hosed opening up Greedier Mode again.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Infinitum posted:

Legit wish there was an unlock all option as well, cause I cannot be hosed opening up Greedier Mode again.

Yeah the greed donation machine was extremely loving irritating. At least with the normal donation machine it's incidental and not "the entire point of the run".

On the other hand, I usually treat runs as puzzles of "how can I break this run", so I guess it wasn't as infuriating as it could have been otherwise.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I love how quick everything loads. You go from 0 to game in about 4 buttons clicks

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Living in Japan, I really like that Switch stuff is region free. I picked up Zelda and Disgaea 5 at the electronics store and both have english language options. Most of the stores here have almost as much Switch stuff out as they do 3DS. I haven't found any Zelda Amiibos but most of the Animal Crossing ones are all marked down to like 8 bucks.

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

Nice nice, that's a ludicrous amount of content.

Well, once more unto the poop dear friends.....

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ATTN Thread: u r unda awest

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Eating a police officer does not give you the right to make arrests. Quite the opposite, actually! Sorry, Kirb.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Kirby is a cop killer confirmed

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

ice t would be proud

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Actually he ate a stripper

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Unmature posted:

Actually he ate a stripper

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
ARMS looks like fun but I wanna see what other characters they can come up with with gimmicks of "can extend their arms outward" because I'm already coming up blank. They already have mummy wraps, ribbons, chains, coils, springs, and noodles. What else could they use?

...the nintendo ultra hand?

Also, do nintendo switch carts cost a lot to manufacture or something, I don't get the joke with the carbon footprint stuff cause idk if it's serious or not

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
It's a really lovely troll. Just ignore them and move on with your life.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
I'm not going to buy physical copies of games because Amazon will never have a Switch in stock for me to buy. :smug:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

It's a really lovely troll. Just ignore them and move on with your life.

Ok

The switch looks like fun and if I ever get the money to pick one up and some mario kart and arms and breath of the wild, I am definitely going to have to do that :D

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just buy whatever you want who cares how you spend the $120 on the only two good games the system has that can be had cheaper elsewhere

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Empress Brosephine posted:

Just buy whatever you want who cares how you spend the $120 on the only two good games the system has that can be had cheaper elsewhere

Neo Turf Masters and any other game don't add up to $120, though

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

In Oceania they do.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

There is no need to be upset

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

You should really not buy consoles at launch. You still seem very upset about your purchase.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Nintendo Switch: I love you, friend. Here's some happiness.

Empress Brosephine: [foaming at the mouth] I am a bad person.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Why don't you just sell your Switch and buy a new one when it has more games you like? It's not Nintendo's fault, you knew what games were coming out at launch.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol you legit have more pages of posts than most people in this thread

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

He needs to spend money so he can complain

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Every time I open this thread with 200+ new posts I trick myself in to thinking there's been some exciting new news, and instead it's just you idiots arguing about the same poo poo over and over.

Then I go back to playing the pretty rad games I've got on my Switch and remember the internet is dumb.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Vegastar posted:

Every time I open this thread with 200+ new posts I trick myself in to thinking there's been some exciting new news, and instead it's just you idiots arguing about the same poo poo over and over.

Then I go back to playing the pretty rad games I've got on my Switch and remember the internet is dumb.

Welcome to something awful dot com, friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Vegastar posted:

there's really not been that many arguments in the last few pages but why let that stop your top tier driveby

when can I play as Pyramid Head in Bomberman, also when will Lisa from P.T. be available

• Locked thread