Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

I have a secret to tell you all ..... I store the Stimpire text in a file under my real name CV ..... I wonder if I would get a job if I accidently submitted it instead of my real CV (I have a job and never need to submitted my CV)

I believe I maybe posting my 'CV' on the next page ..... :cthulhu:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
maybe all the money is gone because backers put it in the hands of chris roberts

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
chris_handwave.gif

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Spatial posted:

speech_bubble.gif

That's just an artifact from his jaw dropping below the waterline on the Crysis map, right?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Happy 1000, citizens

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Whoa.

I hope you only use this power for good!

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Truga posted:

I like this version better

Careful now, the cat will get arrested, and become a meme.

MLM marketing stage now, huh? Wonder what the next "contest" will be.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

EggsAisle posted:

Is that as terrible an idea as it sounds? I'm not a programmer, but it just sounds like bad engineering.

It's a bad idea because what they have is an arena game built for very low numbers of players. What they are marketing it as is an MMO. They keep adding new features to this part, but the problem is-is that an arena game has almost nothing in common with an MMO.

MMO logic on every single aspect of the game outside of maybe stats, models and animation is going to be completely different.

Now this might not be so bad because it could be used as the Sq42 single player game with drop in/drop out coop for small groups is looking pretty ok. Does not require even >10 players for something like that most likely.

But it's bad because it means they basically have virtually nothing for Star Citizen itself. On a technical level, they have basically not even started development yet on SC.

Now this could mean that eventually people will actually get Sq42 as a game. It'll look a lot like what we have now. Unfortunately for SC, it's not going to be in the realm of possibility anywhere near what it is advertised as, unless MMO really means small player count arena shooter.

The closest thing they have to an MMO currently is their Spectrum forums.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Follow The Links!

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

edit: gently caress

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
CIG is an indie company who after getting more than enough money to make a very ambitious yet possibly implementable game (with some delays and small cutdown of the original plan, maybe) decided that, nope, they are instead making an ever-expanding most ambitious (and practically unfeasible) game in the history of pc gaming -- as far as space games go anyway. As their first game.

Yeah, what could go wrong with that plan?

This is why trying to put people who consider a refund at this point into a guilt trip, is mind numbingly stupid. Nothing good has come out by continuing the funding of Robbert's random dreams, and arguably it has lead them into a state where they are asking for more money just to perpetuate their in-development status for as long as they can fool people with fake videos/fake gameplay and milk them dry.

By now, history has shown that even classic crowdfunding stretch goals promising larger scope or more content of a game that doesn't exist except only vaguely in someone's mind are pure bullshit. None of that ever came out where people thought "yeah that was a worthy stretch goal". Not one.

Same goes for those comparing SC with other successful projects that took more than 5 years of development, skipping the part that those were made by established companies, who had other projects already released, had built up a base of knowhow and experience, went through various (and different) prototypes for their games to find the most viable one, were not in an pre-alpha state after six years with missing basic modules and functionalities etc. Even the projects that we now know that went through development hell by such companies are still better in every way than whatever the gently caress CIG is doing with theirs.

AbstractNapper fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Apr 23, 2017

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

There is no way a human being with a functional brain earnestly believes those words. I refuse to acknowledge that as a possibility. :colbert:

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
Remember that Star Citizen will track players blood flow and all electrical systems on the ships will be able to have power lines etc cut.

There's a reason it's the BDSSE

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Please don't doxx PGabz' twin sister.

e: Oh, maybe it's not a girl because the bow is blue? I just saw all that pink stuff and foolishly assumed its gender.

Wise Learned Man fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Apr 23, 2017

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Scruffpuff posted:

his Participation-Trophy-Wife

Posting from the past so I'm not yet sure if this got enough love but :drat:

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Abongination posted:

Remember that Star Citizen will track players blood flow and all electrical systems on the ships will be able to have power lines etc cut.

There's a reason it's the BDSSE

Don't forget to get LTI on your spaceman, it will help with copay costs when you visit the space doctor and get your blood pressure checked. Death will have consequences in SC and as such you need to ensure your character eats healthy, gets plenty of exercise, and makes regular checks with a trained space physician.

Which of course does not matter since you're still going to die every time your ship random explodes or someone tries to interact with it causing everything to start wildly spinning apart.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

quote:

...if this trend of say one thing, then ignore it a few months later remains the same..

Dude. That's CIG from day 1.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

MinorInconvenience posted:

There must be some (idiot-)savant geniuses here to spot that kind of poo poo. Wow.
Pretty sure sc reddit broke the news. We picked up the gif making.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
They are right on schedule for finishing 44 gameplay systems/ships in May alone.

e: By the way, I'm the "modular space station - truck stop"

trucutru fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Apr 23, 2017

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
is it 1000 yet?

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Fatkraken posted:

is it 1000 yet?

soon

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

Lot of sex offenders playing this game.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

What the gently caress?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
:stare:

:stare:

Ignoring that second part, I was going to post to remind myself/everyone else that 3.0 is actually more of a 0.3- like isn't 1.0+ reserved for builds post-release? Not sure on the convention, but obviously 3.0 is more exciting than 0.3 and gives the illusion of progress.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

Fatkraken posted:

is it 1000 yet?

No it's been pushed back to the next thread release.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Amazing Zimmo posted:

No it's been pushed back to the next thread release.

Also, page 1000 will now be known as "Page 3000".

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

WESLEY PAGE SNIPES

dang

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

:gary:

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
If Star Citizen released with even a third of its promised features... it would probably be the third no one asked for and run like dog-poo poo (it's not coming out).

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Star Citizen is good

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Daztek posted:

Star Citizen is good

for me to poop on

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
SHACKING BUGGY IN HANGER

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1 put a buggy down in Reval and York hanger and just started shacking

ACTUAL RESULT
when i hit the plus in the and put down the buggy it just started shacking

EXPECTED RESULT
buggy sould of stay still

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP2BSUiOH6U

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I hope the buggy pays its rent on time

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Mr Fronts posted:

Also, page 1000 will now be known as "Page 3000".

It is actually Page 10,000.0.

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Nothin' about hugs, though
I never played any of the Wing Command games. But did play some of the pc games of the era. How did they rank up to them? Better then the Star wars space games?

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

hello again, old friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
nobody should post about the page count

e: dang :doh: