Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

PCOS Bill posted:

There are no literal Nazis being punched. "That man said something I find disagreeable" is not the same as being a Nazi.

Found the Richard Spencer supporter. White trash racist piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

PCOS Bill posted:

There are no literal Nazis being punched. "That man said something I find disagreeable" is not the same as being a Nazi.

Hey guys, just because the alt-right and literal fascists share the same common goals and beliefs doesn't mean they're the same!
:freep:/

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

PCOS Bill posted:

my reading was a bit different. I thought maybe it was someone with incredibly high standards for punch technique, like grammar nazi / punch nazi? Maybe no literal nazis but perhaps literary nazi :shrug:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bottom Liner posted:

Found the Richard Spencer supporter. White trash racist piece of poo poo.

Typical liberal. Hispanics are white when we make you mad, but minorities who need protection when we lick your boots.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
I know he's a forums idiot pet for some unfathomable reason, but do we really need Bill's low-effort poo poo in threads like these? It was a nice month off we had there.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Trabant posted:

I know he's a forums idiot pet for some unfathomable reason, but do we really need Bill's low-effort poo poo in threads like these? It was a nice month off we had there.

You know what historical group wanted to silence dissent through removal of dissenters?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

PCOS Bill posted:

You know what historical group wanted to silence dissent through removal of dissenters?

The SA moderation team?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

PCOS Bill posted:

White supremacist, nazi, who gives a poo poo? Different poo poo, same toilet.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Dewgy posted:

The SA moderation team?

The mods did nothing wrong.

fe: well, except for that one guy

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Ah crap I missed PC talk and now it's nazi talk and I just got all my PC bits assembled. Well here's my PC anyway, it may or may not be racist:

Asus Strix 1080 Ti
INTEL® CORE I7-7700K Processor 8M Cache 4 Cores 4.2GHZ Up to 4.5GHZ
ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code LGA1151 Kaby Lake DDR4 DP HDMI M.2 WiFi USB 3.1 Z270 ATX Motherboard
Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H110I 280MM CPU Cooler
Corsair Vengeance Lpx 32GB 4x8GB DDR4-2666MHZ C16 1.2V Memory Kit
Seagate Barracuda ST3000DM008 7200RPM 3TB
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB M.2 SATA3 (3.16" X 0.87" X 0.06") Solid State Drive
Corsair RM850X 850W Power Supply ATX12V V2.31 80+ Gold Modular Zero RPM Fan Mode
Corsair Carbide Clear 400C ATX Mid Tower Case

Non-nerd talk: 4k/100fps games.

Really non-nerd talk: games look pwetty!

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Ah crap I missed PC talk and now it's nazi talk and I just got all my PC bits assembled. Well here's my PC anyway, it may or may not be racist:

Asus Strix 1080 Ti
ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code LGA1151 Kaby Lake DDR4 DP HDMI M.2 WiFi USB 3.1 Z270 ATX Motherboard
Corsair RM850X 850W Power Supply ATX12V V2.31 80+ Gold Modular Zero RPM Fan Mode

Why do you hate white people?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

That PC should be more than enough evidence that I am very white myself. Or maybe asian I guess.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Record Store Day stuff:

Andromeda Strain soundtrack:

Blade Runner soundtrack picture disc:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

That PC should be more than enough evidence that I am very white myself. Or maybe asian I guess.
Where the gently caress is the optical drive? How are you gonna watch your 4K Blu-Ray of Planet Earth 2???

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Josh Lyman posted:

Where the gently caress is the optical drive? How are you gonna watch your 4K Blu-Ray of Planet Earth 2???
Digital download? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ElZilcho
Apr 4, 2007

Got a new weapon for on the water

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

ElZilcho posted:

Where are the cannons?

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Doesn't that little blue thing annoy the poo poo out of you?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I just noticed the 32GB of RAM :psyduck:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Josh Lyman posted:

VMs and ramdisks, baby.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Josh Lyman posted:

As someone who always has lots of Chrome tabs open, and a youtube on while gaming, I wish I had 32GB of RAM.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Aramek posted:

As someone who always has lots of Chrome tabs open, and a youtube on while gaming, I wish I had 32GB of RAM.
Same here but 16GB has never been an issue for me.

8GB was questionable though.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
RAM isn't very expensive either so it's kinda like gently caress it why not

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Asus Strix 1080 Ti

Real talk, what did this all cost? I've never built a computer before and I've been using a laptop as my primary computer (both for home and work) for nearly a decade now. I feel like using a real desktop would literally blow my mind. This poo poo sounds crazy, but I don't know if I'm looking at like $800 or five grand.

Edit: OK, I checked the first thing on Newegg and that was $800, jesus loving christ.

surf rock has a new favorite as of 14:25 on Apr 23, 2017

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

bowmore posted:

I haven't bought any RAM in a few years and I'm still on Ivy Bridge so mine was DDR3, but this seems... kinda pricey? https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16820233834

surf rock posted:

Real talk, what did this all cost? I've never built a computer before and I've been using a laptop as my primary computer (both for home and work) for nearly a decade now. I feel like using a real desktop would literally blow my mind. This poo poo sounds crazy, but I don't know if I'm looking at like $800 or five grand.
LOL the video card alone is like $800.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
You can build a real good computer for 800 though. It's just graphics card prices double every tier level once you get in the high-end cards.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

surf rock posted:

Hi I just built my own PC for like $1000

There's really nice budget builds that aren't too crazy. PCPartPicker is a great site

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

SpartanIV posted:

You can build a real good computer for 800 though. It's just graphics card prices double every tier level once you get in the high-end cards.

Yeah, if you're not getting a monitor and are otherwise building from scratch you can do a really good "top of the middle of the line" build for $800 at any point in time. My past 2-3 builds have all been in that sweet spot and they've all held up for 5 years playing most major releases reasonably well.

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.
SA has unironically the best PC building resource over in Serious Hardware / Software Crap. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774409

The third post has basic builds for varying price ranges from the penny pincher add a videocard to a refurbished dell tower on up.

edit: content
I bought a pair of 8TB WD Reds and a license for Drivepool to create a pseudo RAID array with drives of mixed sizes.

THF13 has a new favorite as of 17:11 on Apr 23, 2017

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Josh Lyman posted:

I haven't bought any RAM in a few years and I'm still on Ivy Bridge so mine was DDR3, but this seems... kinda pricey?

That DDR3 is really pricy; When I built my rig last year I got 2x16GB DDR4 3200 for around $80. Pretty much the only reason I didn't bother with 32GB is because it's primarily for gaming and nothing I do utilizes that much memory.

Bought some lumber and screws to combine with my pegboard. Also some 18v tool batteries because mine were five years old and dead as a door knob.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Is that your kitchen? That looks so rad.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Sadly DDR4 is crazy expensive right now, like a 30% price increase since January.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Rolo posted:

Is that your kitchen? That looks so rad.

Yup! Really helped free up my cabinets and countertop space.

NewFatMike posted:

Sadly DDR4 is crazy expensive right now, like a 30% price increase since January.

Holy poo poo the RAM I bought has jumped 50% :eyepop:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

ElZilcho posted:

You hate money?

bowmore posted:

Prices went up quite a bit recently due to shortages or something. I was looking at building a Ryzen based PC and 16GB was the only reasonable option at the moment - 8 is barely acceptable and 32 gets too expensive without, in my case, a good reason to justify it.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Is there a RAM shortage? They having trouble at the RAM mines?

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

ElZilcho posted:

Please learn to drive your boat properly and know how to hitch it to a dock before you take it out on the water and create more chaos than what already exists

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Aramek posted:

Is there a RAM shortage? They having trouble at the RAM mines?

tl;dr: Production is finicky and the prices swing wildly.

Smashing Link
Jul 8, 2003

I'll keep chucking bombs at you til you fall off that ledge!
Grimey Drawer

Oneiros posted:

That DDR3 is really pricy; When I built my rig last year I got 2x16GB DDR4 3200 for around $80. Pretty much the only reason I didn't bother with 32GB is because it's primarily for gaming and nothing I do utilizes that much memory.

Bought some lumber and screws to combine with my pegboard. Also some 18v tool batteries because mine were five years old and dead as a door knob.

That is how a man's kitchen should look.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Oneiros posted:

Did you come up with your own design or did you get the idea from somewhere? That looks awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Smashing Link posted:

That is how a man's kitchen should look.

Eh, I'd rather have Julia Child's kitchen than this "man's kitchen". Sadly I'm just a tiny apartment renter :smith:

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Did you come up with your own design or did you get the idea from somewhere? That looks awesome.

I designed it (inspired by Julia Child's use of pegboard in her kitchen). It's fairly simple, really, just some 2x3" board with lap joints and some 1/4" plywood under the pegboard to help prevent racking. Raised 18" off the bench so I don't block the pegboard with appliances.

Oneiros has a new favorite as of 19:00 on Apr 23, 2017