Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pockyless posted:

You can change the controls:
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/204232-puyo-puyo-tetris/75116787

I don't know why you would blame the game if you misinput an action.

Hes blaming the joycon for being analog only. Not the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

video games has forsaken us

I am calling for his head!

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Video Games, can you make me a Mod of the Games board on Something Awful dot com

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Video Games, can you make me a Mod of the Games board on Something Awful dot com

me first

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
So I managed to exchange my joycon at Walmart for a different one which works infinitely better than the one that came with my system. Unfortunately, the new one also has sync issues. Very frustrating.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

ghostwritingduck posted:

So I managed to exchange my joycon at Walmart for a different one which works infinitely better than the one that came with my system. Unfortunately, the new one also has sync issues. Very frustrating.

You stole from Walmart?

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

You stole from Walmart?

Walmart is a poo poo company so I say good on him.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How would you even do that lol.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Empress Brosephine posted:

WalMart employees are treated like poo poo they don't give one poo poo about shoplifting lol you could probably walk out with a big screen TV and not one employee would care

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
> Go to Walmart
> Buy joycon
> Put broken joycon in box
> Return broken joycon for refund
> Walk away telling the Walton family to gargle a foamy mixture of your fermented piss and poo poo
> Buy cool Nintendo merch from Target

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh it's talking about fraud time? Cool cool.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

You stole from Walmart?

This gimmick is mad trash.

Empress Brosephine posted:

Exchange fraud, buy the Joycon set, swap the busted Joycon with the one in the set you just bought and return it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

WalMart employees are treated like poo poo they don't give one poo poo about shoplifting lol you could probably walk out with a big screen TV and not one employee would care

I watched two guys do exactly this during my brief stint with Walmart. The only person who cared was the manager.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

s.i.r.e. posted:

This gimmick is mad trash.

Exchange fraud, buy the Joycon set, swap the busted Joycon with the one in the set you just bought and return it.

Criminal

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Policenaut posted:

I watched two guys do exactly this during my brief stint with Walmart. The only person who cared was the manager.

Did they just not care about the camera and the antitheft stuff at the entrance? I imagine it'd be easy to keep an eye out for them with the security system at least.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

FirstAidKite posted:

Did they just not care about the camera and the antitheft stuff at the entrance? I imagine it'd be easy to keep an eye out for them with the security system at least.

LP, like IT, tends to be one of the first things cut because "you're not making us money, you're just costing us money"

and the employees themselves tend to be constrained to a "ask them if they need help but you can't chase or physically restrain anyone" for a combo of liability and megafucked if you get it wrong, in addition to the whole "minimum wage, treated like poo poo, probably silently cheering shoplifters on and possibly doing their own on the side"

This is not to say "yeah go return your swapped-out broken poo poo" because A. Nintendo's already doing it for free and B. The only person you're loving over is the poor sod who buys the broken poo poo you returned, but yeah

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

FirstAidKite posted:

I guess they either didn't know or didn't care. All I saw was two guys pick up one of those big HDTVs they have by the palette and carry it off, never heard any kind of anti-theft alert and later that day I overheard the store manager complaining about two guys running off with a TV.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
No I mean like the actual scanners and cameras and stuff. Or does that fall under loss prevention too? Because when you said LP I assume you meant the people themselves.

e: ah, ok!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

> Go to Walmart
> Buy joycon
> Put broken joycon in box
> Return broken joycon for refund
> Walk away telling the Walton family to gargle a foamy mixture of your fermented piss and poo poo
> Buy cool Nintendo merch from Target

This doesn't screw over Walmart, this screws over the person who ends up buying already opened joycons because the person working there just puts it back on the shelf. Call Nintendo and get your joycon replaced for free like an adult.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

FirstAidKite posted:

All of that stuff falls back to the loss protection dudes who are paid poorly and mostly don't give a poo poo especially if it's not a super expensive item. My friend did LP for Target and he took his job more seriously than most and didn't care about small poo poo at all.

If your LP guys don't care the cameras and detectors are worthless.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
who else in here carries concealed around walmart lookin to bust some thug- er thieves

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Are they releasing Wonderful 101 on the Switch

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
super mario world

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Paper Mario loving WHEN

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

chaleski posted:

Paper Mario loving WHEN

Paper Mario Paint

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Real hurthling! posted:

Hes blaming the joycon for being analog only. Not the game

Yeah, I use the hard drop all the time, I just accidentally trigger it sometimes when I don't want to due to the analog sticks.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Mega64 posted:

Paper Mario Paint

Paper Mario Maker

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Cartoon Man posted:

Paper Mario Maker

Mario Paint Maker

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Cojawfee posted:

This doesn't screw over Walmart, this screws over the person who ends up buying already opened joycons because the person working there just puts it back on the shelf. Call Nintendo and get your joycon replaced for free like an adult.

Huh? Stores generally accept returns or exchanges on broken items and treat them differently. They ask you if it's broken so they can toss it in another pile.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Paper Mario Paint Maker

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I picked up Issac for Switch because I'd never played it before but it seemed like a good game to play in 5 minute spurts. But I'm utterly confused. It's real disheartening when you get some good drops and have a strong character but pick up a new item and lol it sucks and hurts you. I had shot speed and power upgraded, but picked up an item that forced me to charge up to fire, and if I was hit while charging it teleported me to another room. I got to start the same god drat boss fight like 4 times thanks to that, eventually it killed me because each time I was teleported away it had a new life bar.

Right now I have like 60 coins in the donation box. If I quit out of the game and come back later will the box still have those coins? I've been putting the switch to sleep out of fear that exiting the game will clear the box.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Buca di Bepis posted:

Huh? Stores generally accept returns or exchanges on broken items and treat them differently. They ask you if it's broken so they can toss it in another pile.
If something is broken you have to exchange it for the same item.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Grey Joycons are the Best.

hello theon

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am very sorry everyone. I was enjoying a short two day break internet less with Lady Videogames.
I am here, I have seen reports and I am in agreement with everyone who did the reporting. I hope that you can forgive me.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Nintendo's allowing publishers to release broken games, then fix them

bkerlee
Aug 3, 2006

Slimy and gross.

VideoGames posted:

I am very sorry everyone. I was enjoying a short two day break internet less with Lady Videogames.
I am here, I have seen reports and I am in agreement with everyone who did the reporting. I hope that you can forgive me.

Only if you shoot a certain laughing dog while trying to hit flying ducks.

I've been playing bomberman story mode. Fun little game, controls well, bosses can be hard to figure out but I dig it, especially the overacting.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I picked up Issac for Switch because I'd never played it before but it seemed like a good game to play in 5 minute spurts. But I'm utterly confused. It's real disheartening when you get some good drops and have a strong character but pick up a new item and lol it sucks and hurts you. I had shot speed and power upgraded, but picked up an item that forced me to charge up to fire, and if I was hit while charging it teleported me to another room. I got to start the same god drat boss fight like 4 times thanks to that, eventually it killed me because each time I was teleported away it had a new life bar.

Right now I have like 60 coins in the donation box. If I quit out of the game and come back later will the box still have those coins? I've been putting the switch to sleep out of fear that exiting the game will clear the box.

Yeah, there's definitely a number of items in the game that, uh...well, not all of them are "horribly bad in all situations" but bad synergies can really mess up your day. Like "an item that turns all your tears into bombs" and "an item that makes your tears boomerang back towards you". Or the one that's "everything in the room including enemies is magnetically attracted to your tears". For some people it's just the risk/reward of roguelikes and they enjoy having horrible scrapped runs because it's part of the game.

Or, you can be a horrible cheater like me and keep a color-sorted cheat sheet up so that you don't gently caress an hour long run in the Dark Room by confusing Rubber Tears with Ipecac or Common Cold with Bob's Brain.

The donation box persists between runs, which is kind of the point of it-- you can bomb it in later runs to get coins back out if you have more bombs than coins, and you can get permanent benefits at various thresholds even if you withdraw past that threshold later. Just never put more than 999 in it. it'll blow up and reset your deposits back to 0, and since it's the switch you can't even yell OH gently caress and alt-f4 in a panicked attempt to undo it

VideoGames posted:

I blame lowtax for not paying enough for a weekend on-call rotation

Ursine Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Apr 23, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

VideoGames posted:

If anyone reported a cool post please email them a pic of your butt

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

bkerlee posted:

Only if you shoot a certain laughing dog while trying to hit flying ducks.

I've been playing bomberman story mode. Fun little game, controls well, bosses can be hard to figure out but I dig it, especially the overacting.

that dog did nothing wrong

be free and happy dog

:laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Yeah, there's definitely a number of items in the game that, uh...well, not all of them are "horribly bad in all situations" but bad synergies can really mess up your day. Like "an item that turns all your tears into bombs" and "an item that makes your tears boomerang back towards you". Or the one that's "everything in the room including enemies is magnetically attracted to your tears". For some people it's just the risk/reward of roguelikes and they enjoy having horrible scrapped runs because it's part of the game.

Or, you can be a horrible cheater like me and keep a color-sorted cheat sheet up so that you don't gently caress an hour long run in the Dark Room by confusing Rubber Tears with Ipecac or Common Cold with Bob's Brain.

The donation box persists between runs, which is kind of the point of it-- you can bomb it in later runs to get coins back out if you have more bombs than coins, and you can get permanent benefits at various thresholds even if you withdraw past that threshold later. Just never put more than 999 in it. it'll blow up and reset your deposits back to 0, and since it's the switch you can't even yell OH gently caress and alt-f4 in a panicked attempt to undo it

Thanks for the link! I'm resigned to being a disgusting, casual cheater on this one. And the game does work pretty well for short play sessions. I think it's just going to be a matter of taking it all in.

• Locked thread