Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

Robot Randy posted:

about 15 seconds later we met the same death

:lol: this is some movie poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Nothing makes me laugh more in this game than doing hood rat poo poo in the cars and randomly hitting something too hard and exploding, especially when I take down a carload of team mates with me that think we're on the fast track to an objective.

Lemme just ramp off this hill at full speed and catch a poo poo load of air and OHSHITTHERESASMALLROCK *BOOM*

fake e: blaring on the horn of course

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition

e.pilot posted:

fake e: blaring on the horn of course

This proves that you are a man of impeccable taste and of strong character.

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
Has anyone had a problem with the unlock requirements for the dlc gun resetting after matches? I got the 5 headshots with the 1895, and it came up on the screen above the radar that i had completed it, but when i checked the progress in the customize screen, it had reset

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Floofy posted:

Has anyone had a problem with the unlock requirements for the dlc gun resetting after matches? I got the 5 headshots with the 1895, and it came up on the screen above the radar that i had completed it, but when i checked the progress in the customize screen, it had reset

It's a bug. Get the periscope assists first, then the 1895 headshots. Same thing for getting the mortar kills before the 15 M1909 Benét-Mercié Telescopic kills, if I recall correctly.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

Nash posted:

This proves that you are a man of impeccable taste and of strong character.

you should get assists for honking enemy soldiers point blank if they die

I want a car horn service star

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

mellowjournalism posted:

you should get assists for honking enemy soldiers point blank if they die

I want a car horn service star

I still want a PA attachment where you can hold down some button as the passenger and broadcast your voice chat to the whole game environment.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Ol Standard Retard posted:

I still want a PA attachment where you can hold down some button as the passenger and broadcast your voice chat to the whole game environment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRGMAW1wzQ8

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Exactly. I don't know whether it would convey a strategic advantage but here's hoping I could make the enemy team too busy laughing to bother to shoot back.

e:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAHUNgoJQPw&t=20s

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
For my man Gunshow_Poophole, I'm learning from you

https://gfycat.com/DimwittedDifferentIsabellineshrike

I wish I had an ammo box

https://gfycat.com/LeftFirstHartebeest

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Auxiliary Treats posted:

For my man Gunshow_Poophole, I'm learning from you

https://gfycat.com/DimwittedDifferentIsabellineshrike

I wish I had an ammo box

https://gfycat.com/LeftFirstHartebeest

Glad you had some OK rounds, good lord was I worthless today. Except when horsing. Our horse-pincer was pretty fun.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Totally off topic, but Chemmy I was rooting for the Leafs last night, shame they didn't get the upset!

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Spring updates says platoons are coming back.

Let's come up with some nicknames.

Some neat features: if your squad is mostly platoon members, the squad name is now the platoon name.

If your platoon helped the most in capturing the flag, the flag will display your platoon emblem.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

Ineffiable posted:

If your platoon helped the most in capturing the flag, the flag will display your platoon emblem.

This is simultaneously amazing and a terrible idea. If you thought there were a lot of ironic swastikas now, just wait.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
I for one am looking forward to dickbutt flags

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Auxiliary Treats posted:

This is simultaneously amazing and a terrible idea. If you thought there were a lot of ironic swastikas now, just wait.

hoo boy, yeah.

speaking of old platoons, blast from the past with Stinger Team Charlie, I found this today (yes it's a picture of a TV)

LTA 4 lyfe and also HUGS

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Death from above!

http://i.imgur.com/8YeLRCR.gifv

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

patch is out

quote:

MAPS & MODES
GENERAL
Frontlines - Fixed issue where combat areas weren't activated during warmup, meaning you could go out of bounds.

Frontlines - Fixed issue where timer would not start. Longest game recorded was over 3.5 hours long.

Fixed issue where combat areas could cause minor visual bug in minimap.

Updated the physical material for rivers and lakes on the terrain. Water explosions should now look correct.

Set small game modes on consoles to be 60 Hz.

Increased width of rain texture to avoid tiling patterns.

MAPS & MODES
AMIENS
Fixed multiple glitch spots.

MAPS & MODES
ARGONNE FOREST
Fixed multiple glitch spots.

Fixed an issue which allowed players to get on top of a bunker they shouldn't be on top of.

Tweaked lighting to make the map look better.

MAPS & MODES
FAO FORTRESS
Adjusted height of fog when in airplane or parachute.

MAPS & MODES
FORT DE VAUX
Operations - Update to intro camera.

Operations - Made Elite pickups disappear once the defenders won a battalion.

Conquest - Readjusted the spawn locations to avoid spawning near enemies.

Conquest - Adjusted the capture area sizes of A, C and D.

Conquest - Hero kits will be spawned at the HQ of the losing team, if the enemy team owns all capture points.

Conquest - Adjusted the combat area around the German spawn.

Rush - Moved the first MCOM in the 3rd sector closer to the attackers and adjusted some spawn distances due to high rate of successful defenders.

Rush - Adjusted the spawn locations for better balance.

Rush - Added additional cover in the 3rd sector.

Reduced the bloom scale for the customization screen.

Fixed issue where players were able to access unintended area.

Fixed an issue with an invisible collision in a corridor.

Fixed issue where players could not be revived on top of drainage systems.

Fixed issue where climbing the bridge would sometimes not work.

Fixed an issue where players could climb on top of the fort.

Fixed issue with enlighten rendering on some pipes.

MAPS & MODES
GIANT'S SHADOW
Fixed boundaries for free camera when spectating.

Fixed some interactions with doors.

MAPS & MODES
MONTE GRAPPA
Conquest - Fixed issue where players could capture C from an unintended position.

MAPS & MODES
RUPTURE
Operations - Fixed issue where players could spawn in the Behemoth before it was ready and later got teleported back.

Operations - Added a tank for the attackers to the first sector of Rupture

Operations - Adjusted some of the capture and spawn points for better balance.

Conquest - Reduced the number of planes from 3 to 2 per team.

Conquest - Changed size of capture area of A and D point.

Conquest - Swapped B and C flag.

Conquest - Moved motorcycle out of bush near team 2 spawn.

Conquest - Moved spawns back for team 2.

Conquest - Added spawn area AA guns for both teams.

Conquest - Removed an MG position that wasn't supposed to be usable.

Rush - Weakened defense on first and third sectors based on community feedback and telemetry.

Rush - Moved the attacker tank from the first sector to the third sector.

MAPS & MODES
SINAI DESERT
Fixed issue where players were unable to get out of a Fk.96 field gun at a specific rotation.

Moved field gun a meter back to give it a bit more clearance.

MAPS & MODES
SOISSONS
Operations - Added an additional AA gun for the defenders on the last sector to balance the attackers' vehicles.

Operations - Tweaked balance based on feedback and telemetry.

Operations - Fixed issue where players could spawn in the Behemoth before it was ready and later got teleported back.

Conquest - Fixed a bug around one of the field guns and fixed an issue related to spawn camping.

Conquest - Readjusted the spawn locations to avoid spawning near enemies.

Conquest - Adjusted the size of some of the capture areas (made them bigger in general).

Conquest - Reduced the number of tanks from 4 to 3 per team and moved one of the 3 tank spawns to the closest capture point (A and E). By this, the enemy team can deny them and influence the tank situation on the map. It also adds more value to points that get less attentions by the players.

Conquest - Increased the tank respawn time to add more value to their use.

Conquest - Reduced the airplanes per team from 2 to 1.

Conquest - Reduced the hero kit spawn respawn time.

Rush - Weakened the defenders by adjusting their spawns in the first and third sectors.

Rush - Fixed an issue where players could spawn outside the combat area.

Fixed boundaries for free camera when spectating.

Toned down exposure while indoors.

MAPS & MODES
SUEZ
Fixed issue where player could not be revived after dying in a puddle near the British HQ.

MAPS & MODES
VERDUN HEIGHTS
Operations - Adjusted some of the capture and spawn points for better balance.

Operations - Changed the tickets from 250 to 350.

Operations - The Howitzer in the first sector now spawns after 5 minutes of the first battalion.

Operations - Tweaked the weather on Verdun.

Conquest - Adjusted some of the capture and spawn points for better balance.

Conquest - Adjustments the Hero kit spawn delay.

WEAPONS & GADGETS
GENERAL
Fixed all sniper rifles to have separate cocking pieces.

Fixed incorrect scope sway when using 2.00x or 1.25x magnification.

Wrench will no longer make repair sounds and play repair animation when vehicle is fully repaired.

Fixed an issue where the repair indicator progress was not updating when repairing with a wrench.

Fixed issue where the weapon skin "The Seaforth Highlander" was misspelled as "Higlander". There can be only one.

Corrected UI for rate of fire for the M1903 Marksman and Sniper from 51 to 54 rpm, which is the actual ROF for these weapons.

Fixed issue where K Bullets could hurt tanks farther than 150 meters away.

Fixed incorrectly low drag for the Chauchat.

Increased M1903 Experimental trigger pull weight to match the ROF change done in They Shall Not Pass.

Removed post reload delay when using K Bullets on the Martini-Henry.

Fixed an issue where the crosshair disappeared when zooming in using the Villar-Perosa.

Fixed a bug where certain first person reload-animations that were interrupted when killed would not play after being revived.

Fixed bayonet bug that allowed player to be killed without triggering the animation when there was no obstacle between them.

WEAPONS & GADGETS
GRENADE CHANGES
Added a 0.3 s throw delay to all grenades

Reduced the outer blast radius of the following grenades:

Frag/Stick: 6.3 from 7.0
Impact/Min/Light ATi: 5.6 from 6.0
Increased fuse timings on the following grenades:
Mini/Frag/Stick: 1.4 s minimum delay from 1.3 s, 0.85 s fuse from 0.7 s
Impact: 1.2 s minimum delay from 1.0 s
Incendiary: 1.4 s minimum delay from 1.3 s
Rifle Frag: 0.8 s fuse from 0.7 s
Increased lethal grenade resupply timers:

Mini: 28s
Gas: 35s
Light AT: 42s
Frag: 49s
Impact: 49s
Incendiary: 49s
Increased magazine size for smoke grenades from 1 to 2.

Reduced damage of AT Grenades against standard soldiers by 10%.

Increased ammo box resupply rate modifier from 3x to 3.5x for all lethal grenades.

Grenades will no longer resupply unless player is near supply crate or pack.

Grenades should no longer collide with team mates within 10m.

Incoming suppression will halt resupply progress of grenades without an ammo box, and will reduce resupply speed with an ammo box to two thirds its normal value.

Fixed position of rib sight for 12g Auto.

Added folded bayonet when no bayonet is equipped instead of completely removing it for Automatico.

Fixed incorrect 2x zoom level for Bodeo1889.

Tweaked muzzle VFX of Hellriegel.

Fixed spread decrease being too slow for Infantry version of Lebel Model 1886.

Fixed bipod having no influence on recoil and hipfire spread for Sniper version of Lebel Model 1886.

Fixed issue where K Bullet icon would not be visible when using the Lebel.

VEHICLES
GENERAL
Fixed a bug where the first-person camera on the Artillery Truck could be in the wrong position.

Fixed a bug where the 1st person camera in the St. Chamond tank would not reset when exiting and re-entering the driver seat during the camera transition for the Pigeon Carrier Artillery.

Corrected BL9 Gas Shell Friendly Fire Behavior. Now damage will be disabled with friendly fire off instead of suppression.

Moved weapon components for St. Chamond equipment from under the vehicle to near the top to allow them to be used in shallow water.

Increased AA cannon blast damage multiplier against planes:

Fighter: 0.8 from 0.7
Attack Plane: 0.75 from 0.7
Bomber: 0.65 from 0.6
Fixed incorrectly low damage of rockets against other planes.

Increased sniper rifle damage multiplier against planes:

Fighter: 1.2 from 1
Attack Plane: 0.9 from 0.75
Bomber: 0.375 from 0.3125
Increased inner blast radius of AA cannons from 4 to 6 meters when the detonation is triggered by a vehicle.

Removed impact impulse from plane MGs.

Ranken Darts:

Increased reload time from 12 to 15 seconds
Decreased blast damage from 20 to 16.7
Decreased blastradius from 3 to 1.5 meters
Direct damage no longer hurts soldiers
Fixed bad behavior on crashing planes by disabling rotor critical state when landing gear is deployed.

Removed physics impulses from Desert Armored Train AA weapon projectile.

Fixed issue where player could sometimes falsely see two available vehicles instead of one in the deploy screen.

Fixed issue where artillery shells would explode midair.

Fixed an issue where the saber sound kept playing when jumping off a horse while swinging.

CONTROLS
Fixed horse melee and camera toggle gamepad button mapping issues related to the alternate and Legacy Southpaw schemes.

Fixed the airplanes throttle input mapping in Lefty buttons + Legacy Southpaw stick combo.

Fixed issue where the Legacy Southpaw control scheme for the Field Gun made the RS have both Strafe and Look functionality.

Fixed issue where using a joystick alongside a mouse would cause the keymapping to revert to default functions.

Added advanced gameplay option for adjusting the Stick Aiming Acceleration. Allows setting the soldier aiming when using a stick, as seen in Battlefield 4.

Removed invalid binding for Left Alternate controller with the horse. Gallop and Melee were being bound to left stick click, which is not possible. Removed the melee attack binding and from now on only gallop will trigger (melee attack would never trigger anyway).

Fixed a bug where vaulting could be triggered while transitioning into prone.

Diving underwater and resurfacing can now only be triggered when the soldier has finished the previous dive or resurface animation.

Fixed a bug where certain inputs would stop working after vaulting.

Separated dead zones for joysticks and gamepads.

Added options to adjust the axial dead zones of the gamepad sticks and the joystick.

Added options to adjust max input thresholds for sticks and gamepad triggers (L2/R2).

UI
Changed the RTL alignment of the squad count text element to avoid the overlap in Arabic.

Changed the alignment of the kit-rank so it is displayed correctly in Arabic.

Changed alignment of progression tracker text for weapons and medals in Arabic.

Changed alignment of XP boost percentage in Arabic.

Adjusted the columns on the scoreboard to restore score and latency to their intended font size.

Fixed issue where an overlap was present in squad menu for the XP boost and the padlock.

Fixed issue where wrong weapon and weapon skin would sometimes appear on the killcam.

The Squad XP boost logo is now responding correctly to the highlight.

Fixed issue where player was unable to see nearby medics if he/she killed him/herself with gas or incendiary grenade.

Fixed issue where weapons bought for Warbonds in the menu system would not show as unlocked in the customize screen.

Fixed issue where some game messages would not show up in the chat.

Fixed issue where other classes than Medic could show up in the "Nearby Medics" list when dead. Can still appear in some rare cases.

Fixed issue where the same map could show up in both slots during vote map.

Added a gameplay option to turn off the Player-Created content.

NETCODE
Fixed jitter for spectator when movement starts.

Replaced Ping in Scoreboard by Latency for all platforms.

Players with a connection above 100ms will have to lead their shot as server side hit detection is performed, indicated by icon in upper right corner.

This should lower the hit around corner effects and impede a penalty for high ping players to hit players.
Improved extrapolation handling for jittery players. Movement should now be much smoother and allow the other clients to have better hit detection on those.

Lowered thresholds for network latency warning icons.

Latency:

Yellow 90ms
Red: 200ms.
Fixed issue with grenade unspawning when owner died. When you dropped a grenade right before you died, it previously just disappeared.

Allow bullet damage from killed players if the victim got his shot off while he was still alive. This will allow killtrades, but in a fair manner.

Improved level loading times during network syncing phase. Will improve the time joining into ongoing matches.

Prioritize hit information over other information during networking.

Fixed issue where bullet impact FX would appear at the wrong impact positions.

Moved hit effect in more sync with networked shooter/shooting.

Changed warning icons to use average fps for fps instead of CPU spikes.

Improved algorithm of calculating lag compensation.

OTHER
Fixed issue that would make map loading times longer than necessary. Should cut ~10 seconds of loading per map.

Fixed issue with flickering water when running the game in SLI.

Fixed a tracking issue with heal and revive scoring criteria.

Map voting is now on as default on official experiences.

Updated game credits.

Added the options to turn off aim assist in rented servers.

Fixed issue where server would crash if 24 players connected at the same time for Domination.

Fixed issue where players could exploit damaging and repairing a vehicle for experience. No more!

Game will now always de-spawn a corpse when the player spawns in again. (Seeing your own dead body can be scary.)

XBOX
Fixed issue where logging out on Xbox One during the first few seconds of an Operation

intro video caused a freeze at black screen after the video.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Gonna need a field test and a status report on the dart changes. mellowjournalism, get yr rear end in the air!

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Was reading those patch notes earlier and for some reason this sounds awesome.

OTHER
Fixed issue that would make map loading times longer than necessary. Should cut ~10 seconds of loading per map.

I won't notice it when playing but hooray!

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I'll play a little bit tonight.

I wonder when we'll hear about the next map pack.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

So most explosives are nerfed in almost every way?

Lame.

Did they fix the bug where you are revived without a gun?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Any info about when the patch that ads private servers will be out? I am hoping someone here will set up and goon server. Also Platoons, Goon Platoon.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Beastie posted:

So most explosives are nerfed in almost every way?

Lame.

seriously this sounds like it directly decreases fun

two updates from now the change will be

"Based on community feedback that they 'loving suck' and 'what are we thinking?', we've removed grenades entirely."

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
Butt Clan lives again! The platoon menu is hidden in the career tab but it's great you can join in the game now.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Ol Standard Retard posted:

seriously this sounds like it directly decreases fun

two updates from now the change will be

"Based on community feedback that they 'loving suck' and 'what are we thinking?', we've removed grenades entirely."

you can carry two smokes again :frogbon:

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Double XP until May 2nd, and Premium Friends is back again (not sure for how long though). Oh, and that TSNP medal where the final stage was 25 tanker kills (but you had to get out of the tank) has been fixed. Now requires 25 St Chamond kills instead.

The 4 new rank 10 gun variants are up, so everyone is running around with those guns chasing 300 kills as expected. I deliberately held off using those guns until this patch so I can tick off their dog tag rewards at the same time.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I just have to know how little recoil the huot optical has

Abiggoat
Feb 21, 2008

Kill yourself!

Popped on to relax and shoot some mans after finishing my last physics module assignment. Hellriegels. Hellriegels everywhere.

Guess I'll get started on head and neck onc :C

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
The kick is up... and he clears it!!!

http://i.imgur.com/LoVGlSE.gifv

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

The kick is up... and he clears it!!!

http://i.imgur.com/LoVGlSE.gifv

holy lolllll

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

Auxiliary Treats posted:

Butt Clan lives again! The platoon menu is hidden in the career tab but it's great you can join in the game now.

If for some reason you don't like it in the [BUTT] there's always [HUGS] for you instead.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
1488 hotboiz will rule with an iron wang

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Haven't been on to see the changes yet, but a buddy of mine said they added a bipod for the Hellriegel. Is this true? If so, :wtf: the thing is a laser beam as it is.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
its a new hellriegel for bads to get 20,000 kills with

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Robot Randy posted:

its a new hellriegel for bads to get 20,000 kills with

Poor little pissbabies and Redditors crying about dumb poo poo gets the whole dynamic of this game changed constantly. I hate those immuteable shitstains.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
How are they nerfing grenades but have done fuckall to the hellreigel in like a half dozen updates. :dice:

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
they obviously can and do track that data, they're just willfully ignoring that many players have 10-20x more service stars with a single gun than the rest of their arsenal combined

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
That made me legitimately curious and I'm really surprised that (on PS4) the Hellriegel actually has the 3rd highest amount of kills for the individual leaderboards. It's narrowly beaten by the Martini-Henry by about 500 kills and the 1907 Sweeper is about 11k ahead. Anyone know if there are cumulative leaderboards somewhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Auxiliary Treats posted:

That made me legitimately curious and I'm really surprised that (on PS4) the Hellriegel actually has the 3rd highest amount of kills for the individual leaderboards. It's narrowly beaten by the Martini-Henry by about 500 kills and the 1907 Sweeper is about 11k ahead. Anyone know if there are cumulative leaderboards somewhere?

Huh. Sweeper is a weird choice.

I dunno how reliable/real Battlefield Tracker is but here you go global leaderboards

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/leaderboards/all/Kills/weapon/rifle

actually this doesn't collate total kills by the look of it, but... christ there's people with 60,000 sweeper kills

Gunshow Poophole fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Apr 28, 2017