Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Don't knock the V man, I could have made three 6Ls instead of 0 if I'd trusted my buddy's safe offers :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

George posted:

I finally pulled the trigger and spent 1500 fusing to 6L my Terminus Est and my EDPS is about 1mil. I also installed Path of Building.

How much of this rabbit hole is left? Will the poison ever leave my body?

Are you the guy who already blew 2700 or so fusings trying to 6L it the normal way?

Because lol

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Yeah I know, someone plays PoE who's not a gambling addict.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Is there a reliable way to quickly increase my Master levels or do I just have to rely on randomly finding them in areas? Their dailies don't seem to give much at all once they're level 5+

Also I keep loving up Vorici and he's stuck at 3 and I fail every single one he gives me because my damage is 100% huge aoes :(

George
Nov 27, 2004

That's a pretty common problem. You should set up a different skill link for his quests.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Or use your weapon swap instead of your main setup.

Also ask in chat to leach dailies once they reset.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

The Shortest Path posted:

Is there a reliable way to quickly increase my Master levels or do I just have to rely on randomly finding them in areas? Their dailies don't seem to give much at all once they're level 5+

The Prophecies that guarantee and give bonus to master missions are strong.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

So I hadn't played PoE in a while, recently got a game going with my new flatmates. Noticed a Steam news blurb about a preview of the Act 6 boss. "Oh cool another new act... wait what!? Act 6? There's only 4 in now, they're adding 2 new ones, wow that's cool! I wonder what else is new..." scrolled through Steam news until I found the original announcement "scrapping Cruel, okay, wait Merciless too, WAIT WHAT 10 ACTS HOLY poo poo" I had to double check to make sure I wasn't being trolled. That's one hell of an expansion. I'm guessing they're reusing a lot of assets because 6 new tilesets and accompanying monsters sounds like an awful lot of work.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
There's plenty of new stuff but yeah intelligent reuse is a big part of it. Part of Act 5 and 10 take place in the home place your characters come from. The rest are going through acts 1-4 with new areas and seeing how the actions you took in the story before effect the place now. And dealing with new threats of some sort.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
rough estimate: I just gave away at least 120ex worth of stuff, possibly up to around 150

goooooooooood poo poo, legacy, good poo poo indeed

looking forward to 3.0

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imJTucXv0rQ

there's enough new poo poo getting added that everyone should be super pumped

man i'm so pumped for the new water physics

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Woo, slightly different looking things for me to instagib offscreen as I sprint toward endgame mapping!

(I jest, this looks fuckin rad)

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Today was a good day; 35 challenges complete, two more nearly done, and killed Hydra on my first time running the map :D

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
I'm at 32 challenges, the next three look not so bad (uber atziri, kill kalria, kill possessed invasion boss with onslaught) but getting that last one for the portal looks like its gonna be awful.

its between endgame grind, perandus archive, 1k maps, or essences

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
How much do Shaper or Uber Atrziri kills cost? I'm stuck at 23 challenges, all of my characters suck and I've had the worst loving luck with drops this league so I just want to get my footsteps and be done with this game until 3.0.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

whypick1 posted:

How much do Shaper or Uber Atrziri kills cost? I'm stuck at 23 challenges, all of my characters suck and I've had the worst loving luck with drops this league so I just want to get my footsteps and be done with this game until 3.0.

i saw them at 12c and 25c in a trade chat earlier, but idk if thats a normal price or not

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

One of the recent patches had this: "Fixed a bug where Beyond Leaguestones did not stack correctly with other modifiers that offered a chance to spawn Beyond portals."

Does that mean that you can do triple beyond now or is it still limited to double?

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

So I spent 3 weeks just grinding maps and saved up to 75 exalts, because my goal this league was to get a Headhunter eventually. Then this happened

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Ultima66 posted:

So I spent 3 weeks just grinding maps and saved up to 75 exalts, because my goal this league was to get a Headhunter eventually. Then this happened

Never sleep.

NightfallGemini
Dec 26, 2006

Ultima66 posted:

Now you can buy Skyforth instead.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/StashAugustine/characters

I started playing again after a break and remembered I quit because I was too squishy/not powerful enough to progress and couldn't buy any good upgrades. Anything I can pick up with ~100c to give me a boost?

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Gotta say Magma Orb is surprisingly fun to map with as long as you have the right set-up. +2 Chain from enchant, +2 projectiles from the jewels, +2 projectiles from Dying Sun and a decent amount of +aoe is pretty great and tons of damage. If I ever get 6L I'll have to try GMP too.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

terrified of my bathroom posted:

I'm at 32 challenges, the next three look not so bad (uber atziri, kill kalria, kill possessed invasion boss with onslaught) but getting that last one for the portal looks like its gonna be awful.

its between endgame grind, perandus archive, 1k maps, or essences

in case you haven't sussed it out for yourself yet, there's a cheap torment leaguestone that starts each area with a unique monster auto-possessed. i tried herding invasion bosses and ghosts around for six or seven areas before i gave up and switched tacks

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Venuz Patrol posted:

there's a cheap torment leaguestone that starts each area with a unique monster auto-possessed.
this is how i did that challenge. go to an area like southern forest that has no unique monster normally.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Possessed foe prophecy will make all the invasion bosses in the map possessed too.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Venuz Patrol posted:

in case you haven't sussed it out for yourself yet, there's a cheap torment leaguestone that starts each area with a unique monster auto-possessed. i tried herding invasion bosses and ghosts around for six or seven areas before i gave up and switched tacks

I was gonna do the possessed foe prophecy but that one might be cheaper, I'll have to check

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Feels good to finally get the 6L achievement

George
Nov 27, 2004

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/StashAugustine/characters

Shoot Shower Shiv isn't performing as well as I'd hoped. I think Ice Shot can only go so far but I was hoping to feel more comfortable around T10 than I do. It's probably just that evasion builds aren't for me, but if something jumps out at folks I'd be interested​to hear it.

Severian is starting to really crush up to T15. I see everyone saying to just swap flicker for viper against big bosses but I'm not used to it. Any trick to it or do I just need to learn to actually control him now?

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
Who wanted to know about my lab runnin setup I used, here is my poo poo this time around and some sort of writeup on it. I haven't played for a month so this will be long and be me remembering everything about this poo poo I have forgotten.

I did BV lab once a league since prophecy (inspired by the "#1 HC LIFE BASED BV PATHFINDER" post from back then), and changed up stuff as I focused on lab farming. This hidden potential setup has been my favorite, once I got it working. I used to go tri/quad curse, no hidden potential, semi crit, and MoM (mana on all jewels and rares). The 2.6 changes to BV mechanics mean't I couldn't use extra BV setups as utility curse application, which hosed up everything and forced me into this current style. I think this style ended up being both cheaper and better - though it's real hard to get hidden potential at the league start.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/MannersPlease/characters "mannersmemewetdream"

I also tried this as cherrubim's berserker but that was awful for lab and never do it unless you hate yourself. It was fun and good for general mapping though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Speed (and trap clearing strategy) comes from quicksilver+jade+stibnite on a queen of the forest pathfinder. Additional speed comes from smoke mine enchant helm + phase run + "the gryphon" offhands. Currently have 304 movespeed with flasks + mine + phase run, goes up to 334 if I killed something recently, or 349 if something hits me and causes bleed via boots on top of that. Just a QotF + the three flasks is more than enough speed to get started and make traps a trivial thing.

Defenses comes from Vaal pact + warlords (blasphemy), enfeeble (blasphemy), arctic armor, cwdt vortex, cwdt-bladefall-conc, the red trail, Taste of Hate, stibnite smoke, and ~40k evasion. You almost never get hit, and when you do, you have four forms of damage reduction, 2 ways to keep izaro chilled, leech, and a panicked flask to keep you up out of the red.

Offense comes from a BV setup, with poison from the ascendancy, and double dipping from the hidden potential jewel. Wither totem adds a ton of singletarget focus. I don't run a cast speed gem because I decided I was happy enough to just get it on my wand. I think I was trying to roll a 4b-2g and use faster casting but I got 3b-1r-2g, and so went with added fire until I got a lvl 3 empower instead of cast speed. You only need a few stacks to kill trash with leveled gems - even with my gryphon movespeed offhands - and with the amount of mana I reserve, it's hard to keep up with faster cast/echo setups. You can sustain BV channeling on bosses if you are leeching mana from them, and the rest of the time you don't need to sustain BV channeling, so it all works out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Changes I would aim for:

First, assume I pathed to shadow from witch, instead of from ranger, because I was dumb and it had something to do with me trying MoM at one point, or I needed the stats, or something. Regardless, connect to shadow from ranger instead. You can do that and get scion mana + jewel for 6 points instead of doing witch to shadow + jewel for 7 points, or just use the 4 saved points on the generic nodes I can take that I already have access to.

The final big upgrade would need a few big things to line up together: Acquire a blue life/resist amulet with +1 curse, roll 4b2g QotF and put in cast speed instead of empower, and purchased "the scourge" claw. Spec out of Whispers of Doom, and instead go through Occoultist's Dominion and Lord of the Dead, and grab the single minion damage node near scion. Remaining extra nodes can be used as all future level ups are: Scion life, ranger life/eva, shadow chaos/phys start, or shadow blood drinker. I would lose some of my base phys damage from empower, but gain LOTS of double dipping damage from the scourge, stay about even on overall cast speed, and gain a handful of passive tree nodes. Minion damage on jewels would give further upgrades as well.

Other things to do: Replace my jewels (i had mana since I was trying to get MoM to work at first) with life + dmg +dmg +dmg, only getting enough resistance to cap after gear. Try to get Commandment of Blades glove enchant, because it's broken as poo poo for general clearing and randomly leeching to full as you run thru lab zones. Roll t1 prefix/suffix helm with smoke mine enchant, on a helmet that isn't ugly as gently caress hubris.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To start this off "cheap", this is what I would aim for: 4L or 5L pledge for your main gem setup, add in a clarity gem with your extra mana, basalt instead of ToH, any stibnite instead of sin's rebirth, a granite or vinktar to fill and swap with your quicksilver before the last izaro phase.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vinktars is the best flask in the game, and I am a pathfinder, but it's just not as good for lab farming. I was using it instead of Taste and I was dying occasionally to 1 shots. I switched, and then I stopped dying. Since I have vaal pact, I need a life flask to help in trap zones. And my final 3 flasks are going to help me run thru lab much faster than vinktars will help me kill izaro faster.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I forgot how much I liked theorycrafting poo poo in this dumb game and I can't wait for beta. I took a break but I think I will be back now to finish up my '36', if I can, and then maybe try to learn the act1-4 under 2 hrs thing.

MannersPlease fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Apr 23, 2017

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Mr. Despair posted:

Possessed foe prophecy will make all the invasion bosses in the map possessed too.

Yeah that's how I did mine

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
is uber atziri meant to be batshit insane hard or am I just terrible at the game

i can do shaper and guardians without too much trouble but both times i've tried uber atziri i just get my rear end ate

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

is uber atziri meant to be batshit insane hard or am I just terrible at the game

i can do shaper and guardians without too much trouble but both times i've tried uber atziri i just get my rear end ate

Yes. All the trash mobs hit hard and from beyond what you see and all the bosses are on steroids.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Jusupov posted:

Yes. All the trash mobs hit hard and from beyond what you see and all the bosses are on steroids.

Yeah, i died once to trash mobs (first hit frozen), once to trio (ran out of bleed removal) and the rest was to atziri herself

I might just make one of those insanely broken chaos/poison/bleed builds to make up for my lack of skill since apparently howa bf isn't enough to do so :v:

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

i just get my rear end ate

How is this a bad thing?

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Valle posted:

How is this a bad thing?

you know, thats fair

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Dev Q&A part 5

2-4 new skills coming with 3.0
Beta won't include Acts 9 + 10
Possibility of seeing affix roll ranges in-game

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
I don't follow the dread thicket thing.

VVV Aha, thanks. I remember the markov thing but not that bit.

dyzzy fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Apr 24, 2017

J
Jun 10, 2001

dyzzy posted:

I don't follow the dread thicket thing.

Sometimes they run patch notes through a markov chain generator and post the gibberish results. One time they did this it came up with "the dread thicket is always 50%" and it became a meme of sorts.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
I can't believe people are still asking if the xbox and pc versions are split or not; they've answered that so many times...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

quote:

Do you plan on using the same vendor for PoE t-shirts for supporter packs going forward? I'm typically a L when it comes to t-shirt sizes, but the past several shirts have run a bit tight on me. I'm thinking about ordering an XL for my next shirt and want to make sure it will fit me nicely.

Which one of you asked this question? Serious note, I really hope the have the roll ranges in-game implemented. It's a pain in the rear end checking the wiki for the item. And hopefully that leads to them later implementing a display for the roll tier/ranges for rares, too.

• Locked thread