Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

RBX posted:

Is it better in the manga?

I liked Col. Silver's filler arc featuring Pilaf's flying fortress, even though it goes against his characterization as a low ranking thug. Muscle Tower's maze floor is an actual obstacle in the anime and gives us more interactions between Goku and Android 8 (the manga just skips it and I don't get why is it there in the first place). Some padded fights like the Pirate Robot's are better in the anime in my opinion.

On the other hand we have bad filler like Hasky's episode, Gen. Blue lusting over a little child and the regular boring padding so in my case it's hard to choose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I rewatched all of dragon ball and I LIKED it. :colbert:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

sassassin posted:

Episode was a bit too callbacks-as-plot for me.

17 held hostage with a remote, teleportation to King Kai, an obsession with motor vehicles, it all felt very dbz movie, like they didn't have any ideas of their own to fill up the episode.

Ah yes I remember the time in Dragonball Z where Goku and Android 17 met and teamed up and then worked together to save animals from space pirates. Truly nothing in this episode but thinly veiled rehashes of all those previous times Android 17 and Goku interacted with one another.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

ImpAtom posted:

Ah yes I remember the time in Dragonball Z where Goku and Android 17 met and teamed up and then worked together to save animals from space pirates. Truly nothing in this episode but thinly veiled rehashes of all those previous times Android 17 and Goku interacted with one another.

I don't think it hurt the episode overall, but it looked like they were trying to cram as many "hey look at this thing that 17 can very directly relate to for personal reasons" moments as they could.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Edit: Nevermind, whatevs

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

he hasn't been on the dang show for 20 years. he is allowed some callbacks

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

It was a pretty weak episode though and definitely didn't warrant a two parter. The space pirates were lame as heck and didn't represent any threat at any point in the episode and the attempt to give 17 pathos with his angst over his nature preserve and the universe being erased just made him come off as a temperamental idiot, the only scene that delivered was Goku nonchalantly trying to use King Kai's planet as a dumping ground for exploding people again. Hopefully we'll only have another two or three more episodes to go before we get to the tournament now(?), I'm really starting to get antsy for this arc to start in proper.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

I'm digging these build up episodes. We get punching fight man's, a bit of character development and see some cool off the cuff poo poo.

I am looking forward to Tian being some sort of ultra human fighting god with some new insane power-up.

And then roshi being invited for the lolz.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Elfgames posted:

well it's dende's will that the minotaurus dies

Shout outs to Dende for being the most useful God in this episode.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

notaspy posted:

I'm digging these build up episodes. We get punching fight man's, a bit of character development and see some cool off the cuff poo poo.

I am looking forward to Tian being some sort of ultra human fighting god with some new insane power-up.

And then roshi being invited for the lolz.

"Goku! Being in SSB mode while collecting my weed made it absorb all your dank ki! Now i'm blazed and can tap into god ki!"

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I want to see all the alien fighters from the intro beating up Goku, not Android 17 saving the whales from poachers

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

multijoe posted:

I want to see all the alien fighters from the intro beating up Goku, not Android 17 saving the whales from poachers

This but the exact opposite.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I want to see space whales beat up Goku while he doesn't defend himself because it'd make his friend 17 mad.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
The episode was meant to be a fun time adventure like Dragonball was originally where 17 and Goku work together to fight silly villains and have a comedic payoff. As a result we see a more human and humorous side of 17 who has mostly been threatening and serious in his other appearances, including the previous episode. If you rewatch the show in a year without the week long wait between episodes all building up to a major, yet to be seen event you probably won't mind the filler nearly as much and may appreciate the levity.

Jesus.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Yeah but the comedy was non existent (King Kai gag aside) and the plot no way warranted a two parter, it was just 45 minutes of 17 brooding and knocking down some cardboard cutout villains.

The 'filler' so far has been pretty cool for the most part and I've enjoyed the character development episodes but this plotline, specifically, sucked balls.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

multijoe posted:

Yeah but the comedy was non existent (King Kai gag aside)

... what?

Like you can say you didn't like the comedy but the episode was mostly jokes, ranging from Android 17 and Goku arguing over who gets to fight the boss to Beerus' inexplicable panic-dream over Goku doing something stupid and getting himself killed.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

... what?

Like you can say you didn't like the comedy but the episode was mostly jokes, ranging from Android 17 and Goku arguing over who gets to fight the boss to Beerus' inexplicable panic-dream over Goku doing something stupid and getting himself killed.

*in the voice of Vincent from Silent Hill 3* They sounded like jokes to you?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

"Goku! Being in SSB mode while collecting my weed made it absorb all your dank ki! Now i'm blazed and can tap into god ki!"

the next stage beyond Drunken Master, the Weed God

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

multijoe posted:

*in the voice of Vincent from Silent Hill 3* They sounded like jokes to you?

I laughed at Vegeta sulking in frustration that he had two Gods freeloading in his house and waking up his newborn baby, yes.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I enjoy that the upcoming tournament has basically thrown Beerus into an extravagant self-pitying sulk.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Kanos posted:

I enjoy that the upcoming tournament has basically thrown Beerus into an extravagant self-pitying sulk.

More like an existential crisis where he realizes his very life is in the hands of a fight happy idiot savant manchild.

Next episode:
Beerus spends a fortune on lucky charms and spends hours at a shrine to a god of fortune.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

multijoe posted:

Yeah but the comedy was non existent (King Kai gag aside) and the plot no way warranted a two parter, it was just 45 minutes of 17 brooding and knocking down some cardboard cutout villains.

The 'filler' so far has been pretty cool for the most part and I've enjoyed the character development episodes but this plotline, specifically, sucked balls.

I think if we, the viewers, had gotten to see 17's wife and kids, I would be more inclined to disagree with you. As it stands, it's in the weird position of being padded to hell and back with nothing to show for it.

All I'm saying is, that better be Chekhov's Minotaurosaurus or whatever. :colbert:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Rigged Death Trap posted:

More like an existential crisis where he realizes his very life is in the hands of a fight happy idiot savant manchild.

Next episode:
Beerus spends a fortune on lucky charms and spends hours at a shrine to a god of fortune.

He should break out the Monaka costume again and join the team.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Kanos posted:

The tournament is ultimately his fault.

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014

sassassin posted:

He should break out the Monaka costume again and join the team.

Who would win? Monaka vs Jackie Chun?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Rigged Death Trap posted:

And also, even worse, Goku!

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

HitTheTargets posted:

Shout outs to Dende for being the most useful God in this episode.

yeah, dende was impressing goku's :goku: off this ep. what'd that useless dead king kai do? he can't even diffuse a bombman

also, the animators are in love with android 17. they love his roboness, and i gotta say i do too, and i hope 18 gets some time to shine in the tournament

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

17's dull interest in the place being where Cell blew up was great too, half expected him to whip out a camera and take some souvenir pictures while he was there.

17 should have remembered king kais planet, he blew up there too

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Tien's god mode is just growing even more arms

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Squallege posted:

Tien's god mode is just growing even more arms

So Ashura's Wraith but with Tien? I can go with that.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

didn't tien already do that in one of the tournaments

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

So I'm pretty sure Goku fully intends to wish everyone back once he wins the tournament, as that would be pretty quintessential Dragon Ball, but I have to wonder how Zeno would feel about his decision being undone right in front of him like that.

Also Goku isn't revealing this because he wants all the Universes to do their very best.

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010

Rhjamiz posted:

So I'm pretty sure Goku fully intends to wish everyone back once he wins the tournament, as that would be pretty quintessential Dragon Ball, but I have to wonder how Zeno would feel about his decision being undone right in front of him like that.

Also Goku isn't revealing this because he wants all the Universes to do their very best.

Zeno's basically an audience proxy. He just wants cool fights.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rhjamiz posted:

Zeno would probably be like "oh wow cool that was so heroic! :D"

The Grand Vizer of Angeldom on the other hand would probably be ticked.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Hulu just pulled Dragon Ball :( (they still have GT of course...)

Is there a streaming service that still has it? I kind of want to try funimation, but I have no idea what else is on it.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

seiferguy posted:

Hulu just pulled Dragon Ball :( (they still have GT of course...)

Is there a streaming service that still has it? I kind of want to try funimation, but I have no idea what else is on it.

Does CrunchyRoll have it?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

crunchyroll only has super I think

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ImpAtom posted:

Zeno would probably be like "oh wow cool that was so heroic! :D"

The Grand Vizer of Angeldom on the other hand would probably be ticked.

I hope this is what kicks off the "real" fight of this arc. Turns out Grand Priest is the one who really wants the universes destroyed and has been manipulating Zeno. He gets butt hurt that Goku fucks up his plan and sicks all 12 angels on Goku.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Rutibex posted:

I hope this is what kicks off the "real" fight of this arc. Turns out Grand Priest is the one who really wants the universes destroyed and has been manipulating Zeno. He gets butt hurt that Goku fucks up his plan and sicks all 12 angels on Goku.

I'm guessing that the Grand Priest is basically the Supreme Kai of the Multiverse, while Zeno is the multiverse GoD. Since Kais seem to treat GoDs as their superiors in most of the universes we've seen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I hope Goku loses and it's the Pride Troopers that wish back everyone.

• Locked thread