Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Hunt11 posted:

Is there a way to access the metaverse without the navigation app?

Be a cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

I like to think that when he gets to that part of the testimony, Joker spends a good five minutes telling Sae just how hot her shadow was, and that she really should try the goth look because he knows for a fact that she can pull it off crazy well. The entire time Sae is trying to get things back on track, but Joker is a man with a mission here and will not get sidetracked until he has made his point clear.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

The Lord of Hats posted:

I like to think that when he gets to that part of the testimony, Joker spends a good five minutes telling Sae just how hot her shadow was, and that she really should try the goth look because he knows for a fact that she can pull it off crazy well. The entire time Sae is trying to get things back on track, but Joker is a man with a mission here and will not get sidetracked until he has made his point clear.

This will be how you unlock the Sae romance in the upgraded version

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
I do enjoy how Sae's palace was essentially a falseflag operation

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
I just started a NG+ and holy poo poo no wonder Ryuji was so terrified of Kamoshida's shadow. Wouldn't surprise me if they guy was having a PTSD flashback.

tom bob-ombadil fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Apr 23, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Oh right, so they beat up Sae's shadow but didn't take the treasure, right? So that means her desires were twisted enough to form a palace, but she didn't actually have a magical change of heart? It was all just because Joker talked to her?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Yup.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Oh right, so they beat up Sae's shadow but didn't take the treasure, right? So that means her desires were twisted enough to form a palace, but she didn't actually have a magical change of heart? It was all just because Joker talked to her?

For an hour

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

This was in the related videos for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYTB9-s2j9M

Amazing.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Saint Freak posted:

Amazing.

Why the gently caress haven't I played Persona Dancing All Night yet

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Saint Freak posted:

Amazing.

There is this in the related videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl552rK8Sjo

Is the animation fan created? Or did Atlus use it to advertise P5 somwhere?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

Amazing.

My favorite one of those
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAv8_I7e_CA

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I listened to last surprise and now my youtube feed is filled with 0 effort videos all titled YOU'LL NEVER SEE IT COMING

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

dragon_pamcake posted:

I just started a NG+ and holy poo poo no wonder Ryuji was so terrified of Kamoshida's shadow. Wouldn't surprise me if they guy was having a PTSD flashback.

Is there something new about this that shows up in NG+? Otherwise, I don't get it.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Pollyanna posted:

Is there something new about this that shows up in NG+? Otherwise, I don't get it.

Knowing what you come to know later about how Ryuji broke his leg and stopped doing track, which you didn't know at the time, that whole experience must have been like one extra horrible worst nightmare for the guy

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Electric Phantasm posted:

Fanmade, there's a link to the original animation in the description, someone extracted the models into 3DSM and then gave everyone the same animation cycle

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Apr 23, 2017

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Captain Oblivious posted:

Knowing what you come to know later about how Ryuji broke his leg and stopped doing track, which you didn't know at the time, that whole experience must have been like one extra horrible worst nightmare for the guy

Ahh, right. Somehow didn't make that connection. I should do a second playthrough to see what I missed.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I'm playing through 4 again because why not and one of the things I missed was lunchtime meals and helping your friends with the pop quiz answers. But I guess doing things out on the evenings is an even trade.

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:
When everyone started cheering for the Phantom Thieves during the last fight I got a really strong EBA vibe and Jumpin' Jack Flash started playing in my head.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Jimbot posted:

I'm playing through 4 again because why not and one of the things I missed was lunchtime meals and helping your friends with the pop quiz answers. But I guess doing things out on the evenings is an even trade.

You can't really help your friends with questions this time around because only Ann is in your class. Instead you get to dodge chalk like a ninja.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
I just realized the kid who sits behind you can watch you make thief tools during class. He probably thinks you're the Unabomber or some poo poo.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

dragon_pamcake posted:

I just realized the kid who sits behind you can watch you make thief tools during class. He probably thinks you're the Unabomber or some poo poo.

He can also see you talking to your cat during tests.

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

that kid has just realized staying in your lane costs zero yen

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Does Kawakami say anything when you ask her to make firebombs and traps

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
A lot of your classmates must ride that same train. There is no way the entire school doesn't know about Morgana.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

dragon_pamcake posted:

A lot of your classmates must ride that same train. There is no way the entire school doesn't know about Morgana.

We're talking about a game in which secret thief breakfast club has meetings in a busy public walkway.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

Night Blade posted:

We're talking about a game in which secret thief breakfast club has meetings in a busy public walkway.

I am mad as hell the game never lets me smack Ryuji for blowing our cover.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

dragon_pamcake posted:

I just put him in a few fights and "accidentally" ordered him to attack a few Repel Phys shadows

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

CharlestonJew posted:

I just put him in a few fights and "accidentally" ordered him to attack a few Repel Phys shadows

"Stop hitting yourself!" *REFLECT* "Stop hitting yourself!"

Unrelated, I've been getting more annoyed at the dumb way they made Morgana pretend to be dead for a month and a half. I'm sure they could have done something awesome playing off the HachikoBuchiko legend like having an amnesiac Morgana waiting for the MC at Shibuya when he gets out of juvie.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Did Mishima disappear for anyone else after Haru's dad died died in October, or did I screw up somehow? I never actually finished his social link as he only turned up again immediately before the endgame for me.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

dragon_pamcake posted:

What DID blow your cover, anyway? Was Akechi just hanging out outside of Okumura's palace for a month with a camera, or what?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Mystic Mongol posted:

What DID blow your cover, anyway? Was Akechi just hanging out outside of Okumura's palace for a month with a camera, or what?

Well, for starters it's canon that Joker told Akechi that Ryuji is a Phantom Thief.

Also your group is just super-suspicious to anyone who even glances at it, because of who's in it. The only problem with building a case against you is that it's normally impossible to prove how you did it (or even what you did).

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

multijoe posted:

Did Mishima disappear for anyone else after Haru's dad died died in October, or did I screw up somehow? I never actually finished his social link as he only turned up again immediately before the endgame for me.

He moves to Akihabara after you unlock that location. It's a bit out of the way on the map, so maybe you didn't see it? The only other reason would be that you didn't do enough missions in Mementos.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Sacrificial Toast posted:

He moves to Akihabara after you unlock that location. It's a bit out of the way on the map, so maybe you didn't see it? The only other reason would be that you didn't do enough missions in Mementos.

Hint: Press square on the map to see which Confidants are available where.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Sacrificial Toast posted:

It must have been because I sacked on Mementos. Given it happened after the public turned against the Phantom Thieves I honestly assumed it's because he was too busy melting down and deleting comments on his website. Kinda sad that not the case now really...

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Electric Phantasm posted:

Something about this just struck me as hilarious on some fundamental level and made me do an IRL Yukiko laugh.

I'm so sorry.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Clarste posted:

Well, for starters it's canon that Joker told Akechi that Ryuji is a Phantom Thief.

Also your group is just super-suspicious to anyone who even glances at it, because of who's in it. The only problem with building a case against you is that it's normally impossible to prove how you did it (or even what you did).

I felt they should be active on the Phansite. A team of a half dozen teens with connections to the Phantom Thieves' highest profile targets is suspicious. A group of people united by being saved and talking constantly about how great the thieves are is less so.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Mystic Mongol posted:

Akechi has been stalking you since the second dungeon.

He only confronts you with the photos at Okumura because of his plan to destroy the Phantom Thieves from the inside.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
They really dropped the ball on giving us a cool thief hideout. Your room is basically halfway there but the game neglects it for sixty percent of the Palaces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
They really dropped the ball on making akechi a good character too, which is a shame because it seems like the most impossible to gently caress up idea ever and yet it happened anyway. It's like they knew they couldn't make a game that otherwise holds it together so well compared to the previous ones if they didn't have a heatsink of stupid writing that doesn't make sense and is full of wasted opportunities/limited focus.

• Locked thread