Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

so I should do my social link stuff before sending the calling card for the seventh dungeon right?

You get all the time left regardless of when you send that card.

The numbers > target of dungeon slip my mind but I'm assuming you mean Shido.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Kurtofan posted:

so I should do my social link stuff before sending the calling card for the seventh dungeon right?

No. No you actually should not.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Big DLC def existed back in 2012 tho

also i want a vita version mostly cause i wanna play this game in bed

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Real Talk: what are the chances that I can carry my save file over to P5 re-release and just do my NG+ there

Honestly depends on how they do the expanded version.

In Japan, Persona 3 FES was available as an expansion disc as well as the boxed complete release that we got, and that was on the PS2. It's possible they'd release whatever expanded version as a downloadable expansion, in which case your save would probably "transfer" because it's not a different game, really. Or if it's a standalone rerelease for PS4, you could probably use your save, too.

Clarste posted:

I'm guessing that the P5 re-release might just be available as a major DLC, since that's a thing now and wasn't back then.

They did it with FES before DLC even existed, so it's definitely possible.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Moltrey posted:

Have you tried Remote Play?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Moltrey posted:

Is remote-play function really that bad? And I'm pretty sure the Vita couldn't handle it.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

The Network Save slot in the save menu lets you bounce saves between PS3/PS4 versions so it shouldn't be hard for any version to carry over in a theoretical rerelease

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Oh right, remote play! I totally forgot about that, I'll look into it next time I get the urge to fire up the game again.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Hey to satiate my own curiousity: is there not a single instance of a stat-locked dialogue choice in this game? They were all over in 4.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Sea Sponge Run posted:

Hey to satiate my own curiousity: is there not a single instance of a stat-locked dialogue choice in this game? They were all over in 4.

At the hotel buffet, when you bump into the guy at the elevator, you need high guts to talk back to him. I think that might be the only one though

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Sea Sponge Run posted:

There's an early one for Guts, but that's the only one I remember.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Sea Sponge Run posted:

There's one locked by Guts the first time you run into Shido's goons

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Sea Sponge Run posted:

There's one early on where you can snap back at Igor that's behind Guts

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Clarste posted:

Is remote-play function really that bad? And I'm pretty sure the Vita couldn't handle it.
I played a bunch of the game through remote play; technically and visually it was great but only having two triggers made the dungeons feel a bit awkward.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

RME posted:

The Network Save slot in the save menu lets you bounce saves between PS3/PS4 versions so it shouldn't be hard for any version to carry over in a theoretical rerelease

Wait wait wait, what? Holy poo poo, this game has cross-system saves? That rules!

RME
Feb 20, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

Wait wait wait, what? Holy poo poo, this game has cross-system saves? That rules!

yeah it mentions it the first time you access the network save option
also made more sense why it was there when i saw that

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
I'm at 6/18 right now at 3 stat on all with knowledge on 4, are books still worth reading? I heard there a speed book that helps you read faster but you gotta jump through a bunch of books, is that still worth it?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Read books on the train or in class (with Temperance). You shouldn't have been wasting time reading books during the evening anyway.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

poe meater posted:

I'm at 6/18 right now at 3 stat on all with knowledge on 4, are books still worth reading? I heard there a speed book that helps you read faster but you gotta jump through a bunch of books, is that still worth it?

Since there will be times where you can read books on the train its worth at least buying some to hold on to I guess. Unless you're going for the platinum I don't find them super useful past a certain point but the ones that let you use focus during fishing and batting are useful... But again I guess that's more if you're going for the plat and want to make sure you can get the trophies for those two activities.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
I love reading though.. okay thanks for the help guys.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Check out books from the library, they are free. Read whenever you get a free period in class or a seat on the train.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Reading's good when you don't have a lot of night Links to go do. By mid-game you get Sun, Fortune. Moon, Devil, Temperance, though you get time through train rides and Temperance letting you cut class

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The info that really helped me was knowing which S-Links also improved your stats at the same time.

Death gives you Guts.
Tower and Hierophant give you Kindness.
Devil and Sun give you Charm.
Hanged gives you Proficiency.
Star gives you Knowledge

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Date Futaba, imo

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The info that really helped me was knowing which S-Links also improved your stats at the same time.

Death gives you Guts.
Tower and Hierophant give you Kindness.
Devil and Sun give you Charm.
Hanged gives you Proficiency.
Star gives you Knowledge

Hierophant's iffy since it's very slow to progress the links early on, it gets story-gated for a while, and then max Kindness-gated (and then gives Kindness after that for no good reason).

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Does anyone have a guide for the strength fusions?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Scrap Dragon posted:

Does anyone have a guide for the strength fusions?

I used this one.

Trying to do them yourself is kind of a pain but I enjoyed using this fusion calculator and puzzling out what fusions would work towards the goal.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Sojiro convinced me to try coffee & curry as a combo, and then Haru has me leaning more and more toward roasting my own beans.

Growing is a step too far, though. Also I don't know how she's able to grow coffee beans in Tokyo like that

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I used this one.

Trying to do them yourself is kind of a pain but I enjoyed using this fusion calculator and puzzling out what fusions would work towards the goal.
The Strength fusions seemed much easier this time around? I stalled out about halfway through the corresponding links in 3 and 4, but this time I did all of them without even looking at the arcana grid. It always seemed pretty easy to get something with the right skill, fuse it onto the right arcana, then fuse vertically within that arcana to get the right persona.

I guess having good mechanical rewards for it helped a lot with my motivation compared to the previous games.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Sojiro convinced me to try coffee & curry as a combo, and then Haru has me leaning more and more toward roasting my own beans.

Growing is a step too far, though. Also I don't know how she's able to grow coffee beans in Tokyo like that

She is incredibly rich.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
do i get to NG+ if I sell out my friends and if i do get NG+ does it come with all the benefits like fusing satanael and the secret boss

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Oh Snapple! posted:

She is incredibly rich.

Even so, she must have magical gardening powers to grow coffee beans (and super carrots) on the roof of your school.

Makoto remains Best Girl but I would probably date Haru in a NG+. Her obsession with coffee and battle won me over, plus she is more receptive to joking around

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

MotU posted:

do i get to NG+ if I sell out my friends and if i do get NG+ does it come with all the benefits like fusing satanael and the secret boss

No

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

no as in I don't get NG+ at all or no as in I don't get the second stuff. i was under impression that both bad ends gave ng+ I just wasn't sure if they gave all the extras from both of em

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

NRVNQSR posted:

The Strength fusions seemed much easier this time around? I stalled out about halfway through the corresponding links in 3 and 4, but this time I did all of them without even looking at the arcana grid. It always seemed pretty easy to get something with the right skill, fuse it onto the right arcana, then fuse vertically within that arcana to get the right persona.

I guess having good mechanical rewards for it helped a lot with my motivation compared to the previous games.

Pretty sure they are, though part of my impression may be because I was using the online calculator rather than hand-computing. Usually you can pretty much just get the skill
it asks for on a persona that's usable as a component of the goal -and- is in right about the right level range, too.

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Fucking blocks... I'm gonna climb the shit outta you!
Are there any decent human beings streaming this game?
I'm having troubles finding one. Everyone's been a real shithead so far.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

geri_khan posted:

Are there any decent human beings streaming this game?
I'm having troubles finding one. Everyone's been a real shithead so far.

Yes.

Also, that's kinda the point.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the point of streaming is to be a shithead?

slev
Apr 6, 2009

streaming is against the law

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Oh haha I thought he was talking about shitheaded CHARACTERS. The post resembled a lot of similar posts we got before.

Non-awful streamers would be news to me though.