Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

In that I think he'll be a starter for a few years. He looks like he will settle in at like a 30 dingers 250/330/500 guy.

Who knows .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Every night before I go to sleep I recite the list of pitchers who failed me: Jose Quintana, Kevin Gausman, Kenta Maeda.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Yeah, wtf is wrong with Maeda?

And add Hendricks to that list too.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I am pretty darn close to just dropping Maeda.

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.

Doghouse posted:

He will come around. Coors is magic.

First two games back at Coors, two homers :neckbeard:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Pussy Boss posted:

Yeah, wtf is wrong with Maeda?

And add Hendricks to that list too.

I have no clue. His K/99 and BB/9 are almost identical, I guess he's just getting shelled.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Weirdly Maeda is among the league leaders in swinging strike rate. Maybe give him some benchings before outright dropping him.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

euphronius posted:

In that I think he'll be a starter for a few years. He looks like he will settle in at like a 30 dingers 250/330/500 guy.

Who knows .

Yea thames actually has peripherals to back up his numbers. He'll be closer to bautista

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
The Nats go to Colorado tomorrow and I have Harper, Zimmerman and Wieters :awesome:

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Schweinhund posted:

The Nats go to Colorado tomorrow and I have Harper, Zimmerman and Wieters :awesome:

The real question is do I start 2 start Joe Ross...

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I had a dream last night that Kevin Gausman got sent down to AAA, and then I checked the box score this morning and he already gave up 4ER.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I sent a trade of Nelson Cruz and Michael Fulmer for Rougned Odor like a week or so ago in the goon league and forgot to cancel it and it got accepted

Odors totally gonna start mashing soon right

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
My Yahoo team page says it's 7-4 and my matchup page says it's 8-3. Need to decide whether to bench people for tonight's game and I can't even figure out what the score is.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Gallo!!!

Finally

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.

Doltos posted:

I sent a trade of Nelson Cruz and Michael Fulmer for Rougned Odor like a week or so ago in the goon league and forgot to cancel it and it got accepted

Odors totally gonna start mashing soon right

Yeah he is. Cruz is also, already started, but odor is going to be a beast

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Is Samardzija a drop in a 10 teamer?

Why did I draft him in the first place when he was on my Do Not Draft list?

The first question's probably easier to answer than the second.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
1. Drop his rear end

2. Strikeouts probably

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
I'll be streaming him on Friday. Wish me luck.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I ran up against the "Matchup Acquisitions" limit last week in one league and I feel really terrible about that. Just chasing the market like an idiot.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bryce Harper getting the day off at Coors, nooooo.

Also Christian Arroyo is getting called up for the Giants, he's been hitting .446/.478/.692 at AAA.

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

Rand alPaul posted:

Bryce Harper getting the day off at Coors, nooooo.

Also Christian Arroyo is getting called up for the Giants, he's been hitting .446/.478/.692 at AAA.

Would I be a fool to drop Healy or panik for Arroyo? Both Healy/Panik are back ups since turner & segura got early DL and I've got Ramirez at 3rd.

Also, what's a good resource to follow when a team might be thinking about switching closers? I'm always behind on that.

Junkyard Poodle fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Apr 25, 2017

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Junkyard Poodle posted:

Would I be a fool to drop Healy or panik for Arroyo? Both Healy/Panik are back ups since turner & segura got early DL and I've got Ramirez at 3rd.

I just dropped Cron for him because fuuuuuck my offense has turned into a black hole and daddy needs a new pair of shoes.

I've also got a waiver claim in on Koda Glover (dropping Adam Frazier) and goddammit I'm back on my bullshit...

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Christian Arroyo is decent average no pop and just some speed, making his debut at 21.

So uh, have fun.

Edit: in a garbage lineup in a pitchers' ball park

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Good start to the week with Amir Garrett :smithicide:

It was only a matter of time

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Spoeank posted:

Christian Arroyo is decent average no pop and just some speed, making his debut at 21.

I will gladly take decent average right now.

EDIT: Also this is a deep bench league, so there are at least 2 slots I can pretty much endlessly cycle.

EDI2: I should probably grab Drury over Arroyo, shouldn't I. BLOWING UP ALL MY WEEKLY MOVES ON REDUNDANT WAIVER CLAIMS HOORAY.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Apr 25, 2017

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spoeank posted:

So uh, have fun.

Edit: in a garbage lineup in a pitchers' ball park

So what you're saying is he's going to lead the Giants to the postseason.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Rand alPaul posted:

So what you're saying is he's going to lead the Giants to the postseason.

Give him 8-10 years after he's bounced around the league a bit, yes.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
It's just so tempting to over-react in April and get burned in May-September chasing the waiver wire

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Stream against the Royals.

That is all.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Amir no I thought we were cool

Moneyball posted:

Stream against the Royals.

That is all.

Blue Jays, too.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Resign yourself to the fate of all pitchers being bastards.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
The Dodgers are calling up Urias if you're lucky enough to have him available in your league.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Monday_ posted:

The Dodgers are calling up Urias if you're lucky enough to have him available in your league.

My league has one NA slot and I have Urias and traded for Moncada this week :getin:

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

Doltos posted:

They deserve it for going SP that early

Screw that i got Kershaw in the first and i don't regret it one bit!

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

chilihead posted:

Screw that i got Kershaw in the first and i don't regret it one bit!

I very much regret not getting Bryce Harper instead

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Alex Bregman is a good buy low, yes? Haven't seen any Astro games this year.

I'm desperate for SS help and he's 2 starts away from gaining SS eligibility on Yahoo. Think I might be able to get him cheap-ish before he gains eligibility.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Just saw that apparently Bellinger is getting called up. I want to drop Arroyo for him now because I CAN'T BE STOPPED FROM MAKING MEANINGLESS MOVES.

EDIT: Well somebody beat me to him so that's one less impulsive decision to make.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Apr 25, 2017

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe
As if my offense couldn't get any more ridiculous, the Dodgers are calling up Bellinger (already leading 4 categories and near top of 2 others at the moment)

C: Wieters
1B: W. Myers
2B: LeMahieu
3B: Gallo
SS: Lindor
OF: Yelich
OF: Souza
OF: Benintendi
Util: Haniger
Util: Thames
BN: Pujols
BN: Rendon
BN: Mazara
BN: Peraza
BN: G. Sanchez (DL)
NA: Bellinger

Pitching not too shabby:

SP: Scherzer
SP: Sale
SP: R. Ray
SP: Manaea
RP: Severino
RP: Diaz
P: Hendricks
BN: S. Kelley
BN: Bedrosian (DL)
BN Nola (DL)
DL: Rodon
DL: S. Gray

Thoughts on improvements to this team?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
There's some Mariners homer with Taylor Motter and Mitch Haniger and he's probably winning every week.

Edit: and Mitch Haniger just pulled his oblique :(

Rand alPaul fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Apr 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Rand alPaul posted:

Edit: and Mitch Haniger just pulled his oblique :(

Nooooooooo

• Locked thread