Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I also enjoyed "Vader vs Maul" because I was 10 when it came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I'm on vacation in Ireland and the hotel elevator is made by Ennis Lifts and I'm extremely worried

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Schneider Heim posted:

Who is Aaron Diaz and why should we care?

A dude who really badly wants to gently caress a robot

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I somehow kept reading Aaron Diaz as Aaron Hernandez which made everything very, very confusing.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I read the first volume of Kill Six Billion Demons. I know it's pretty popular with people 'round here, so I'm wondering, does it get better? The first volume was just a ton of world building and exposition, all dumped on top of me at once. Most of it really unnecessary, and totally unconnected from the only character, who just got dragged around and then spat back out into the real world

Also, put some loving space at the edge of the pages, you rear end in a top hat. Art and even word bubbles sometimes got lost because it went right down to the binding.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

I read the first volume of Kill Six Billion Demons. I know it's pretty popular with people 'round here, so I'm wondering, does it get better? The first volume was just a ton of world building and exposition, all dumped on top of me at once. Most of it really unnecessary, and totally unconnected from the only character, who just got dragged around and then spat back out into the real world

Also, put some loving space at the edge of the pages, you rear end in a top hat. Art and even word bubbles sometimes got lost because it went right down to the binding.

what if i told you it was from Japan

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Alaois posted:

what if i told you it was from Japan

I don't see how that would change anything

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's bad, you don't need to read anymore.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I got engaged today!

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Rhyno posted:

I got engaged today!

Congrats!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

I got engaged today!

You know those cardboard standups in your shop aren't real people right?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

You know those cardboard standups in your shop aren't real people right?

YOU CANT PROVE THAT

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rhyno posted:

I got engaged today!

I knew you and Sgt. Rock were made for each other.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Rhyno posted:

I got engaged today!

Congratulations.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Congratulations!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I got engaged today!

Congrats to you condolences to her!

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

You hear that guys? There's hope for anyone

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Reminder that it's been a little over a year since this incident:

Man, I missed that. Can you tell me how that went?

I mean obviously Eisner has a rocky history with how he depicted some of his characters, but referring to him as a white dude also ignores what it meant to be a Jew for most of American history. Also ignores the fact that he's Will Eisner is well... Will Eisner.

Kind of reminds me of this Octopus Pie strip.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Everyone burnt the living poo poo out of him on every part of it from suggesting that Eisner was mediocre to minimising being a Jew in the early 20th century, so he deleted it and posted a comprehensive apology that definitely didn't make him look like an even bigger dickhole.

https://twitter.com/dresdencodak/status/721780748248715264

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Ghostlight posted:

Everyone burnt the living poo poo out of him on every part of it from suggesting that Eisner was mediocre to minimising being a Jew in the early 20th century, so he deleted it and posted a comprehensive apology that definitely didn't make him look like an even bigger dickhole.

https://twitter.com/dresdencodak/status/721780748248715264

This raises more questions than it answers.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

I got engaged today!

Congrats! How long do you think it will take to convince her to dress up as Guy Gardner on your wedding night?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Timeless Appeal posted:

Man, I missed that. Can you tell me how that went?

I mean obviously Eisner has a rocky history with how he depicted some of his characters, but referring to him as a white dude also ignores what it meant to be a Jew for most of American history. Also ignores the fact that he's Will Eisner is well... Will Eisner.

Kind of reminds me of this Octopus Pie strip.

Funny you should bring up Octopus Pie, because Meredith Gran had this to say:

https://twitter.com/granulac/status/721510876038172672

Guy got dunked on really hard by basically everyone in the world. I really don't like him or his dumb butt comic, so it was pretty great.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

What is this guy's comic even about? I admittedly kind of like the art style, but I really can't get into reading webcomics at all.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

I got engaged today!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NuFVQk_CCs

Roth posted:

What is this guy's comic even about? I admittedly kind of like the art style, but I really can't get into reading webcomics at all.

The robot waifu the writer wants to gently caress

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Roth posted:

Realtalk: it began as some "intellectual" gag comics and turned into a horrible fanservicey mess of a story which he believed was a lot more creative than the dude who was literally nanobot Shazam or other original-characters-do-not-steal was.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Roth posted:

High school level understanding of transhumanism and cyberpunk, plus anime babes. The irritating part is that he thinks he's very progressive and 'woke' while doing this adolescent jerkoff fantasy comic, as :nws:Mary Cagle helpfully pointed out.:nws:

Unsurprisingly, he had a meltdown over that joke comic and accused Mary of "pushing away allies" or some other poo poo.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

I got engaged today!

Congrats dude. So you having Guy Gardner theme wedding?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Hey Frank Miller doesn't look like he's dying anymore!

https://instagram.com/p/BTP72R4g3Co/

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

The popular rumor is that he went outside the US and had a liver transplant.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Endless Mike posted:

Doesn't look any different to me, apart from the beard.

Congrats, Rhyno.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

He looks like he put on a lot of weight.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Endless Mike posted:

He looks like he put on a lot of weight.

and his color is a lot better, last picture I saw of him his skin almost looked translucent.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Those other pictures weren't taken right after he drank the blood of the innocent.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Rhyno posted:

I got engaged today!

So which lantern ring did you propose with?

Also congrats!!!

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Guy Goodbody posted:

and his color is a lot better, last picture I saw of him his skin almost looked translucent.

If I'm the only one who doesn't see it, I'm probably wrong.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Congratulations Rhyno!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

I got engaged today!

Congrats, dude!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Jesus. What were we doing in 1994?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I like how aware of the fact the guy who wrote that is of how lovely everything except Marvels is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Roth posted:

I like how aware of the fact the guy who wrote that is of how lovely everything except Marvels is.

I'm a fan of the artists being listed first instead of the writers. (I'm not actually a fan of that)

Also Stephen Platt. Man, that's a name I've not heard in literally probably two decades.

• Locked thread