Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

MiddleOne posted:

It's also haunted by Dean Norris who seems to still be paying penance for having been in Under the Dome.

Even by the standards of Breaking Bad alum, Dean Norris' next big movie role is the most loving baffling thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd60i3ZnLOE

I still can't believe that this is a real movie and not some FunnyOrDie prank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Why does Patriot keep prominently showing Prague landmarks including one of the most famous bridges in world when it's meant to be set in Luxembourg?

Great show though, thanks for all the recommending.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

It doesn't help that TERFs are among the worst people on this planet, second wave feminists have turned into HRC apologistas/bloodthirsty hawks, third wave feminists have a significant minority of their online presence dominated by people who bitch about Marvel on tumblr and such nightmare hell people as Lena Dunham, male feminists are routinely creepy pathetic losers attempting, badly and obviously, to get into women's pants by being the most unnecessary white knights ever, and white feminists in general have been on a campaign of race erasure/capitalist reinforcement ever and especially since HRC lost.

Much like "liberal" the label "feminist" is a rough one to rock right now. I call myself a feminist ally nowadays just to be done with it since male feminists have so routinely and thoroughly hosed up the label for the rest of us.

I think at this point it might be better to cut losses on the term, and just call ourselves humanists. That pretty much covers everything, because being a proper humanist entails support for universal human rights, gender equality, the dismantling of discriminatory hierarchies and dehumanizing cultural traditions, and the reform of legal and economic systems that routinely trample on human dignity. everyone who cares about civil rights should be against the bastards, together, and maybe feminism has become too much of an exclusionary, divisive term.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

MiddleOne posted:

Girlboss reminds me of that weird Will Arnett show last year which seemed to exist squarely because someone at Netflix really wanted to give Will Arnett work.

Oh man, I tried watching an episode of that the other night and it was really... mediocre.

Guy Mann posted:

Even by the standards of Breaking Bad alum, Dean Norris' next big movie role is the most loving baffling thing.

The first half of this trailer I was like "what, it looks like your basic twee comedy" and then the turn happened and I... don't... what...

precision fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Apr 23, 2017

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

precision posted:

The first half of this trailer I was like "what, it looks like your basic twee comedy" and then the turn happened and I... don't... what...

Haha, exact same reaction here. Everyone really should watch the trailer.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

What's Season Two of Colony like? I liked the first well enough but if two is more of the same slow pacing with very little world building I'll probably skip it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

MiddleOne posted:

Haha, exact same reaction here. Everyone really should watch the trailer.

What the Hell?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lmao i watched the trailer with the audio off but someone needs to mash up this and the jack black goosebumps trailer

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Guy Mann posted:

I would watch the poo poo out of that.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

PriorMarcus posted:

What's Season Two of Colony like? I liked the first well enough but if two is more of the same slow pacing with very little world building I'll probably skip it.

It's quite a bit better. The older son is still a dumbshit, but stuff happens and they change up the status quo quite a bit. Some good action scenes, and unexpected violence.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Spatula City posted:

I think at this point it might be better to cut losses on the term, and just call ourselves humanists. That pretty much covers everything, because being a proper humanist entails support for universal human rights, gender equality, the dismantling of discriminatory hierarchies and dehumanizing cultural traditions, and the reform of legal and economic systems that routinely trample on human dignity. everyone who cares about civil rights should be against the bastards, together, and maybe feminism has become too much of an exclusionary, divisive term.

Doing that would be playing into the hands of the people who demonized feminism in the first place, like Rush Limbaugh.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I abandoned Fear the Walking Dead and instead chose Wrong Mans which is really drat good.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

Doing that would be playing into the hands of the people who demonized feminism in the first place, like Rush Limbaugh.

sorry man this political label that's been around longer than any of our grandparents is now a dead end thanks to some teenagers on tumblr

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

PriorMarcus posted:

Pretty good. They start changing things u so it's not just more of the same.

Also saw a commercial earlier for Fox's new creatively bankrupt game show.which is basically Name that Tune except branded with Shazam.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Guy Mann posted:

I saw this before Colossal when I watched it today, and yeah, what the gently caress. I THINK it's about a boy genius who has a terminal illness, but wants to save his friend from her abusive stepdad, so he concocts this Rube Goldberg device of a plan, to be executed by his mother and younger brother. That is certainly the plot of a movie there.

:ohdear: - "There's got to be some other way!"
*flips page*
REASONS THERE IS NO OTHER WAY TO SAVE HER

I....don't....even.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Maybe that trailer is super misleading and the real twist is that Dean Norris is totally awesome and he marries Henry's mom and everyone is happy!

... :ohdear:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

precision posted:

Maybe that trailer is super misleading and the real twist is that Dean Norris is totally awesome and he marries Henry's mom and everyone is happy!

... :ohdear:

Maybe it's an adaptation of I Am Not a Serial Killer by Dan Wells.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
"Little Man Tate but instead of playing pool he stops Pedophiles"

"Give this man 40 million dollars"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Bruceski posted:

Never read it, but it appears that just got adapted last year starring Christopher Lloyd!

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Brother Entropy posted:

sorry man this political label that's been around longer than any of our grandparents is now a dead end thanks to some teenagers on tumblr

--A 'humanist' deeply passionate about the equality of all people but more importantly, how feminism is dead as a concept (not you)

Also ohmygod I know I was warned about the Civil War episode of Legends S2, but I didn't listen. Holy poo poo that was awful.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Thank goodness we have a bunch of dudes on the internet to tell us how it really is with feminism. This is what keeps me coming back to Couch Chat.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Bruceski posted:

Uh, I'm pretty sure I Am Not a Serial Killer starring Christopher Lloyd was the adaptation of I Am Not a Serial Killer.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Uh, I'm pretty sure that's already mentioned three posts above you

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Escobarbarian posted:

Uh, I'm pretty sure that's already mentioned three posts above you

well mine has a link to a wikipedia page so bleh

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
In any event I'm about to watch it in the hopes that it isn't awful. I'm pretty sure it's gonna be awful though. :(

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Oh my loving god, Silicon Valley butchered Schrodinger's cat even worse than Big Bang Theory.

That's embarrassing.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The best way to explain schroedingers cat, first off, is to not even talk about the cat

Edit: watching the first episode of Bosch and not feeling it, cut and run or does it get much better?

precision fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Apr 24, 2017

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Folie a Deux is a great X-files episode but it's one of those where Scully's seen way too much poo poo to be as skeptical as she is about the situation.

E: Ahaha this guy playing a corpse was on camera for like one second and still managed to visibly breathe.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Apr 24, 2017

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

precision posted:

Edit: watching the first episode of Bosch and not feeling it, cut and run or does it get much better?

First season of Bosch has it's problems (primarily cliched serial killer storyline & family in peril), and seasons 2 and 3 are significantly better, but if you're not liking the type of show it is it's probably not for you.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Holy gently caress, iZombie is not only back, it's 5 episodes in?! What the gently caress.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Snak posted:

Holy gently caress, iZombie is not only back, it's 5 episodes in?! What the gently caress.

It's only three episodes back, unfortunately. But, hey, the love triangle makes it feel like five.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Norwegian Rudo posted:

First season of Bosch has it's problems (primarily cliched serial killer storyline & family in peril), and seasons 2 and 3 are significantly better, but if you're not liking the type of show it is it's probably not for you.

I've watched the first 2 now. I very much like the genre it's going for but it's a little too much like "dad fiction power fantasy". Like in episode 2 he bangs the rookie and next scene is his gross coworkers almost literally high fiving him. Does that aspect get better?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Augh I don't know how many more conspiracy episodes I can take before I just start skipping them entirely.

vaginadeathgrip
Jun 18, 2003

all them bitches can't handle my sassy ass mouth

ShakeZula posted:

Well I finally got around to finishing Big Little Lies and man, that was a drat good show. Kind of hope there isn't a second season though. As good as it was I feel like it works best as a self-contained story.

I just watched it as well, and I was SO SURE I knew how it all ended by episode 3 and I'm annoyed that I was very close but slightly off.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Aw man, should I watch the X-files movie? I specifically remember that the very first thing that happens in Season 6 is they kinda shrug and go "none of that poo poo mattered".

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Snak posted:

Oh my loving god, Silicon Valley butchered Schrodinger's cat even worse than Big Bang Theory.

That's embarrassing.
They didn't though???

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Snak posted:

That's embarrassing.

Josh Lyman posted:

They didn't though???

What if you're both right until I watch the episode.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Open Source Idiom posted:

What if you're both right until I watch the episode.
Snak tricked me and made me think it was tonight's premiere, but it's actually an old clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSzGJv4_q54

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Apr 24, 2017

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Davros1 posted:

What's interesting is Lansdale like to weave supporting characters in and out of his books, so one small character from one book may pop up as a supporting character in another book. The reason I mention this, is because the Don Johnson character in Cold in July turns up later in several Hap and Leonard novels.

That would be incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Well they said it had poisoned food, which invalidates what little point the thought experiment had as leaving the decision up to the cat to eat or not means the chances of it living or dying are not purely random or equal.

• Locked thread