Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
So is Bomberman good now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Dr Cheeto posted:

So is Bomberman good now

Yup. 60FPS makes a huge difference. Seems like it doesn't lag as much online too.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Dr Cheeto posted:

So is Bomberman good now
It's worth $20.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you steal from my local wal mart they take a picture and then the local PD posts it ok Facebook for Janice your former classmate with six kids to rat you out publically

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
If Janice had a Switch maybe she'd be too busy playing great games with her family to rat you out for petty theft

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Uh, Janice is a dude

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a.lo posted:

Uh, Janice is a dude

Not when I knew her :smug:

TerraGoetia
Feb 21, 2011

A cup of spiders.
He goes by Jake now and he's a great dad.

Stop stealing from Walmart.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Steal from WalMart, crush capitalism, raise full communism from it's rotting corpse

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Buca di Bepis posted:

Huh? Stores generally accept returns or exchanges on broken items and treat them differently. They ask you if it's broken so they can toss it in another pile.

I had actually called the store first since that's where I had purchased my Switch. The item was returned as defective. Maybe I spoke to an assistant manager that hates the company, but when the offer was made I jumped on it. I don't think I'm the only person either since the Nintendo Rep supervisor was the one who suggested I try working with the retailer if I didn't want to wait the week in the first place. Like I said earlier, the joke is on me since my Walmart probably received all of the Switch product from the same facility.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Stealing from Walmart is cool. :frogc00l:

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I would steal from Walmart but I would never steal from my good personal friends at Nintendo, who spent long hours at the Game Factory to produce fun Switch products

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:siren: Jackbox Party Pack 4 in development :siren:

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I'm on day four of Family Vacation With No Switch Like An rear end in a top hat and I think I'm over the hump. I don't miss it at all now. Good thing MK8D and Spla2n aren't out yet because I'd have definitely hung myself nude in the bathroom with a shower towel by now.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Boy I really hope virtual console is real

bobvonunheil
Mar 18, 2007

Board games and tea

chaleski posted:

Paper Mario Paint Maker

um but we already have Snipperclips? :confused:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Bill Barber posted:

If something is broken you have to exchange it for the same item.

No you don't, at least not at the major chains like Target, Walmart, Staples, etc. The return policy doesn't specify "14 - 30 days...unless broken".

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

enojy posted:

I'm on day four of Family Vacation With No Switch Like An rear end in a top hat and I think I'm over the hump. I don't miss it at all now. Good thing MK8D and Spla2n aren't out yet because I'd have definitely hung myself nude in the bathroom with a shower towel by now.

What a switch!

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Which Neo Geo fighting game should I get? I'm not that good at them but I kind of want another arcady game I can just pick up and play.

Consummate Professional posted:

Boy I really hope virtual console is real

God, i'm hoping to a GBA VC for this thing.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

BigRed0427 posted:

Which Neo Geo fighting game should I get? I'm not that good at them but I kind of want another arcady game I can just pick up and play.

God, i'm hoping to a GBA VC for this thing.

KOF 98 is the most liked one. Samurai Shodown 4 might be the 2nd best.

If the Switch is plugged in with joy cons attached but the system isn't docked, do the joy cons charge?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Empress Brosephine posted:

Not when I knew her :smug:

Took Switch to another level.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Spacebump posted:

If the Switch is plugged in with joy cons attached but the system isn't docked, do the joy cons charge?

If the switch is plugged into power, the joycons charge.

pippy
May 29, 2013

CRIMES
Anyone else have weird problems with the switch recently, like getting locked in a dim standby shade while docked and actively playing, and another time the joycons kept disconnecting every 20 seconds.

A restart seems to fix it but it's weird.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Cojawfee posted:

If the switch is plugged into power, the joycons charge.

Unless it's powered down completely evidently.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
My Switch is good and prepared for MK8DX and thanks to the money I saved buying the superior software platform known as physical I leased my first Tesla this week. Thanks Nintendo!

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Spacebump posted:

Yea, KOF98 is the best one so far, but Samurai Shodown 4 is definitely more arcadey if you aren't especially interested in learning individual characters. I think Garou: Mark of The Wolves is coming pretty soon, AKA the best Fatal Fury, and a good mix between arcadey and serious business.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Unless it's powered down completely evidently.

The switch totally powered down and the switch being plugged in are mutually exclusive. If you plug the switch into the dock, the screen turns on for a second to say it is charging. If you plug the switch into just the power adapter, it turns on completely.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
So, um...

NeoGAF is claiming that this: https://rainway.io/ is going to be a thing.

It's apparently an app that streams games from your PC to your Switch, and the devs are claiming that Nintendo is OK with this and it'll be on the eShop.

Somehow, I suspect that Nintendo just didn't understand what this thing is going to do and isn't going to be very keen on it when they find out.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Why wouldn't they be it's just a streaming app?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Patter Song posted:

So, um...

It's apparently an app that streams games from your PC to your Switch, and the devs are claiming that Nintendo is OK with this and it'll be on the eShop.

Somehow, I suspect that Nintendo just didn't understand what this thing is going to do and isn't going to be very keen on it when they find out.

So they're going to turn the Nintendo Switch into an Nvidia Shield? Sounds good.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

s.i.r.e. posted:

So they're going to turn the Nintendo Switch into an Nvidia Shield? Sounds good.

Did that thing store games on it or just stream? Because stuff like Civ 5 and Invisible Inc or X-Com would be great ont he go.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

X-Com on the go is actually really loving great.

Now if only 2K would ever update the loving app on iOS

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Patter Song posted:

So, um...

If this happens it would cement the Switch as the best console and handheld.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

X-Com on the go is actually really loving great.

Now if only 2K would ever update the loving app on iOS

Yeah, I loved having it on Vita and it might be fun to have it on Switch.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Been playing with my switch. It's really cool having full indie games with a nice screen.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Patter Song posted:

So, um...

not a chance in hell nintendo allows this

i mean they sell pc ports for more money. never gonna happen

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Put spelunky on switch imo

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Hace posted:

:yeah:

I'd put in tons of hours again easily if that came to Switch.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?

Hace posted:

:yeah:
Derek Yu said he'd "love to see Spelunky on Switch" fwiw

Millions fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Apr 24, 2017