Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The bishop thing will be extra funny because Budaj was an okay backup, and if bishop leaves and quick gets injured again the Kings are going to make the Avalanche look like a professional hockey team by comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Kilza posted:

I don't know why you wouldn't be pleased. Bishop is a good goalie, he had an off year this season but he still was better than either of Elliott or Johnson. Aside from Matt Murray being force traded, he's arguably the best goalie option out there.

Personally, I'm hoping Fleury gets traded to Calgary for maximum hilarity every game.

But Gaudreau also dives. That's not very gentlemanly. :colbert:

He's 30 and goalies almost always regress afterwards (unless your name is Hasek, Plante, or Roy, then it's showtime). I'm not convinced it's an aberration. And being better than Elliott's Jekyll n' Hyde act isn't saying much, my concern is they'll overpay for him with the significant cap space they have ($21M) and ignore other needs, like shoring up their D. Gio, as much as I love the guy, is starting to show his age and Brodie and Hamilton can't play 60 minutes. I don't expect them to sign Shattenkirk but it's something that needs to be addressed.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Powershift posted:

The bishop thing will be extra funny because Budaj was an okay backup, and if bishop leaves and quick gets injured again the Kings are going to make the Avalanche look like a professional hockey team by comparison.

Isn't it great? It's even funnier because Bishop lost 3/4 games to Calgary as a King, which gave them the points to make the playoffs over the Kings.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

Kilza posted:

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/856279551248412672

Oscar Klefbom, who was a top pairing D and only took 3 penalties all season, somehow is not even a finalist. PHWA :argh:
If it makes you feel any better, Uncle Bob agrees with you:

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/856284045864579073

Also, I think I'm just posting in the loser thread out of habit at this point.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Brian Campbell is the only D to win it in the last 53 years, the last guy before him was Red Kelly. Unoffically, it's basically an award for the most gentlemanly forward. Not unlike how the Norris has sorta become the Art Ross for defencemen.
They always voted like that and a guy like Doughty won just last year.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

NOW ACCEPTING TITLES FOR THE NEW LOSERS, QUOTE THIS WITH IDEAS

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

iospace posted:

gently caress the leafs

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
CAPS MORE LIKE CAPABLE OF BEATING US :(

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Did I mention gently caress you Martin Marincin you big useless piece of poo poo?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

iospace posted:

Whats blue and just fell off the tree?

And then the first post should just be bear/trampoline.gif

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Ot is a harsh mistress

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

As a big salty baby, I'm relieved I won't need to be in a Toronto that gets deeper into the playoffs than Montreal until next season.

communist kangaroo
Oct 2, 2006

those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, i have koalas.
Don't Toronto Fanta

Also Bruins

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Welcome LAS

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
They put in a lot more effort than I was expecting and really gave the Caps a scare there. If we can improve our defense a bit I'm really looking forward to next year.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Credit where credit is due, I thought the Leafs wouldn't do well against the Caps, but they definitely held their own against them. All games were one goal games, 5/6 OT games. They looked really good for stretches, too.

The future's bright for you, LAS. Enjoy it.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

The Leafs are gonna be so good next year goddamnit :smith:

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
Hello darkness my old friend.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

bewbies posted:

did someone get a screen cap of the fat guy at the end flipping off MacArthur

A fat, angry Boston sports fan flipping off opposing players? You may need to be more specific.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
At least Toronto got to see their game IN Toronto.

How much were tickets to that game anyway?

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

iospace posted:

Leaf us alone, we don't know what to do with these jerseys we aren't throwing.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

iospace posted:

Make like a tree and gently caress you Bruins

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's Leaves with a V, I can't believe nobody noticed this until now.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Aphrodite posted:

It's Leaves with a V, I can't believe nobody noticed this until now.

Proper plurals take singular construction.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

iospace posted:

Hi, Loser thread

So, what do the Leafs need most in the offseason? Offensive depth? I kind of don't want them to trade almost anyone they have other than to upgrade Matt Martin to almost literally anyone else

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Hi, Loser thread

So, what do the Leafs need most in the offseason? Offensive depth? I kind of don't want them to trade almost anyone they have other than to upgrade Matt Martin to almost literally anyone else

Buzz I saw on hockey twitter seems to be that they're 1 top D and a solid goaltender away from being legit cup contenders. Dellow suggested throwing gobs of money at Shattenkirk or trading a bunch of draft picks for someone like OEL.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Hi, Loser thread

Double down on grit and punchmen. Trade those softy kids away!

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
Leafs had 60+ goals from their top 3 lines, offensive depth wasn't exactly a problem. It's D, dummy.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Your thread title at work. :golfclap:

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

The problem with the leafs trading for OEL specifically is that the coyotes are only somewhere between 1 and 3 years away from being done with their own rebuild so fair value in picks that the coyotes would want is like 3 or 4 firsts spread over this and next year's draft.

If the avs are shipping people off for real now I think it'd be easier to trade for barrie

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Xtanstic posted:

Buzz I saw on hockey twitter seems to be that they're 1 top D and a solid goaltender away from being legit cup contenders. Dellow suggested throwing gobs of money at Shattenkirk or trading a bunch of draft picks for someone like OEL.

Andersen's a solid goaltender tho

Dr Zaius posted:

Leafs had 60+ goals from their top 3 lines, offensive depth wasn't exactly a problem. It's D, dummy.

Typo, obviously defense, dummy

In any case, what rfa d-men are around in the off-season? Is anyone good likely to be exposed to LV?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Andersen's a solid goaltender tho

Typo, obviously defense, dummy

In any case, what rfa d-men are around in the off-season? Is anyone good likely to be exposed to LV?

https://capfriendly.com/browse/free-agents/2018/points/all/defense/rfa

My boss is a Leafs fan and thinks they should either go after OEL, or try and make an offer to Minnesota for Dumba or Bordin since one will likely have to be exposed.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Who is OEL?

Shatty's the only elite d-man on ufa this year, so he'll be expensive. None of the rfas are particularly exciting either.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Who is OEL?

Shatty's the only elite d-man on ufa this year, so he'll be expensive. None of the rfas are particularly exciting either.

oliver ekman-larsson

hes good

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Trade Matthews for Kane and Taise

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Trade Matthews for Kane and Taise

this but unironically

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

mike stone was apparently good in calgary so there's another top 4 guy you can want on your team to sign. 36 points last year and then he tore his acl

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

hifi posted:

mike stone was apparently good in calgary so there's another top 4 guy you can want on your team to sign. 36 points last year and then he tore his acl

Blown acls are a death cry for hockey players

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Blown acls are a death cry for hockey players

In 1996 maybe.

• Locked thread