Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
There's no way Tanoh Kpassagnon is a name of this earth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Sad news.

https://twitter.com/paxton/status/856345993247436800

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Malik McDowell was playing hurt the entire season on a line where he was the only one who had ever played in a college football game before opening day.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Henchman of Santa posted:

Malik McDowell was playing hurt the entire season on a line where he was the only one who had ever played in a college football game before opening day.

shhhhhhh, I want him to drop to 24

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/NFL/status/856364601453051904

lmao

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Oil up my head, it's time to go talk to these idiot reporters.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
That's not a man with an oiled up head, that's a man sweating bullets that his continued employment rests on the qbs in this draft class.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

regarding myles garrett, i also don't trust people that like jazz.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/856463852359340032

man I hope the top ten is wacky

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

That would be so great, would love a stupid run on qbs in the first few picks

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Abugadu posted:

Yes, says every team with a QB that is considered good. I personally hope for a run on kickers cause that is cool. I have no doubt my team will draft a punter.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

the face and words of a man with a golden parachute

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Abugadu posted:

3 QBs go in the first 7 picks and the Panthers pick McAffery.....

i will need someone to talk to me for a while on skype

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

This year's draft is particularly exciting. Really hoping for quarterback insanity that doesn't involve my dumb team!

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Apparently Michigan has an OT named Erik Magnuson. That has to be about as bust proof a name/position combo as the league has ever seen.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

FizFashizzle posted:

3 QBs go in the first 7 picks and the Panthers pick McAffery.....

i will need someone to talk to me for a while on skype

I would but it would be more of a vent session that leaves us both feeling lovely

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
1. Garrett
2-4. QB's
5-6. RB's
7. O Line

8. Thomas
9. Adams
10. Hooker
11. Allen

Guess ya gotta go Lattimore or Howard or trade down here if you are the Browns, unless I am missing someone.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
edit isn't quote.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I suspect most of the QB talk is a smokescreen and only one goes in the top half of the first round.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Michael Corleone posted:

1. Garrett
2-4. QB's
5-6. RB's
7. O Line

8. Thomas
9. Adams
10. Hooker
11. Allen

Guess ya gotta go Lattimore or Howard or trade down here if you are the Browns, unless I am missing someone.

What about the wide receivers?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Yeah, if one WR goes top 11 we get another difference maker on D, or we could take Williams. Heard here Ross has terrible medicals and maybe here that Davis might fall to the second round (which I doubt, but would grab at 33).

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Kalli posted:

I suspect most of the QB talk is a smokescreen and only one goes in the top half of the first round.

This is what SHOULD happen, but then again NFL teams overdraft bad QB prospects very often.

I'm hoping some comedy scenario we haven't even anticipated yet happens. OMG FULLBACK RUSH OUTTA NOWHERE or something, I dunno.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Kalli posted:

It's hard to say. It seems like every year GMs vacillate between “Don't reach for a QB” to “If you see a guy you like, you gotta grab him.”

I imagine Goff and Wentz probably are nudging GMs closer to the latter category this year, though, heh.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I think there will only be one first round qb or like four.

If two go a run will start. It'll be like the famous LT run of 2008.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fsif posted:

It's hard to say. It seems like every year GMs vacillate between “Don't reach for a QB” to “If you see a guy you like, you gotta grab him.”

I imagine Goff and Wentz probably are nudging GMs closer to the latter category this year, though, heh.

I mean, going by how they've been talked about for four months... this just sounds like it's shaping up to be like empty at the top like 2013 or 2000 or any of the years where the QB prospect went early and then nothing until late in the first round lie 2014, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005 or 2001.

I think even if two go, the falloff in feeling from how Trubisky and Watson are viewed is far enough that I bet no one else goes until at least the backend of the first.

Everyone wants to trade their pick to the QB hungry team, but those teams are realizing that is often a loving fools errand.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I still think 2 QBs will go in the top 10. Silver says that Hue has no say in the Browns pick and they're actively trying to trade up into the top 10, specifically for Trubisky.

https://twitter.com/BrownsChalkTalk/status/856509371152568320

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I'd be a bit surprised if Trubisky made it past the Browns' second pick and if Watson and Mahomes made it to the second round.

I think the 9ers, Bears, Jets, Jaguars, Bills and Browns are all in play for Mitch and there's no way the Texans pass on a QB, despite Rick Smith's history.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
My father in law setup a contest where if any of us (his kids and their spouses) can guess Denver's first round pick he'll give is $100 and if we can pick the first and second round picks he'll give us $500.

I've never been so interested in the NFL draft before. :shepspends:

Looks like Denver wants a lineman in the 1st. But predictions are always wrong so...

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Diva Cupcake posted:

I still think 2 QBs will go in the top 10. Silver says that Hue has no say in the Browns pick and they're actively trying to trade up into the top 10, specifically for Trubisky.

Just take your QB first overall and the best pass rusher available at 12.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

"I'm gonna rely on Tom Savage, the guy I hosed out of an entire season by placing him on IR too early to free up a roster spot"

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Diva Cupcake posted:

If Hue took this job with no say over dumb poo poo like this he's dumber than any of the truckers Haslam conned.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE
Rumor that the Saints aren't going to bother trading for Butler.
http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2017/04/saints_malcolm_butler_trade.html#incart_river_index

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ches Neckbeard posted:

If Hue took this job with no say over dumb poo poo like this he's dumber than any of the truckers Haslam conned.
He's likely not wrong. Hue probably has input in the decision but the GM and ultimately owner all have final say.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Which lovely rear end mod hosed with my thread title and thread icon

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I don't know, assuming you like Trubisky, it sounds like a solid draft plan for the Browns. They stockpiled picks for this exact reason.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
If they are trying to get ahead of the Bills, cool. Jumping ahead of the Jets and paying that price, ehhhhh.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Browns shills are now saying they want Trubisky and Solomon Thomas, somehow trading out of the #1 and/or up from the #12 to do it. Silly season.

fsif posted:

I don't know, assuming you like Trubisky, it sounds like a solid draft plan for the Browns. They stockpiled picks for this exact reason.

Yeah if they legit feel Mitchell can be the guy then they need to make it happen. They have a ton of picks.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

So do the Chiefs. Move up for Mahomes or Watson. I'm gonna lose my poo poo if they stay put and select another goddam defensive lineman when they have ten picks and like three available roster spots outside of QB.

gently caress I can already feel my hatred boiling up yet again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Solomon thomas had the best game I've seen all year.

Go back and watch the unc game. Good lord.

• Locked thread