Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

i know it's not lore friendly or what the gently caress ever but just do capture the flag pgi

PGI demands being special snowflakes in everything they do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

gah it's frustrating as gently caress. All I have left are the ones based around getting batteries and I'm not getting any incursion maps.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

i will buddy one day

imma buy an uller too

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

The 4xSRM6 Kitfox is fun as gently caress. It's not good but it's fun.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
nothing about me is about being good. mediocre i can live iwth and when you're playing in a group it hardly matters if commoners is there anyhow

Dueling Bandsaws
Mar 3, 2016

aniviron posted:

The 4xSRM6 Kitfox is fun as gently caress. It's not good but it's fun.

The satisfaction of a 20+ missile dickpunch SRM bomber is an experience few other builds can replicate.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Dueling Bandsaws posted:

The satisfaction of a 20+ missile dickpunch SRM bomber is an experience few other builds can replicate.

It does SRM poptarting surprisingly well too.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
I just spectated a round where the survivors (5v1) prolonged the match for 8 minutes so they could farm the power cells.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Really commoners is the best because it allows me to play builds that are suboptimal, but still okay enough to win and just generally enjoy myself

There needs to be more commoners imo

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

The Saddest Robot posted:

I just spectated a round where the survivors (5v1) prolonged the match for 8 minutes so they could farm the power cells.

Had this happen in a group game yesterday. On the one hand, it's kind of a dick move, but on the other, I don't blame them for wanting to be done with the challenges.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

In a miraculous stroke of luck and with the help of a friend, I actually finished the event in a total of 4-5~ hours.

Incursion mode is poorly designed and awful but because no one has any idea what to do running around in a light mech culling the weak who have strayed from the herd is fun.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Artificer posted:

Incursion mode is poorly designed and awful but because no one has any idea what to do running around in a light mech culling the weak who have strayed from the herd is fun.

The answer is suicide rush the enemy base in a Arctic Cheeter and take out the field bases before the turrets get you, causing the game to end.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Skoll posted:

The answer is suicide rush the enemy base in a Arctic Cheeter and take out the field bases before the turrets get you, causing the game to end.

Cheetahs have ECM but are too hot.

Missile Jenner IIC, stick to gullies to avoid detection as much as possible.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Artificer posted:

Cheetahs have ECM but are too hot.

Missile Jenner IIC, stick to gullies to avoid detection as much as possible.

Last night on Tourmaline I jumped over the fence and killed two out of three of those bases in a Incursion game piloting a Cheetah. It's more than possible.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

The fences go down super easily too, you can just make your own hole in a shot or two if you can't jump it.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I did an incursion game and didn't know what I was supposed to do. I guess the rest of my team didn't either because we apparently just treated it like skirmish and shot every mech in the midfield :shrug:

I feel kind of bad for the myst lynx last man standing on the other team trying desperately to machine gun down my half broken huntsman while I returned fire with my UAC/10.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Skoll posted:

Last night on Tourmaline I jumped over the fence and killed two out of three of those bases in a Incursion game piloting a Cheetah. It's more than possible.

Viper is also great for this. 4MGs and 4SPLs tear the poo poo out of base things.

THe one thing I have left is that loving fuel cell carrier challenge and I just can't get it. I'm seeing maybe one incursion mode in 10 matches, and then when I get in I'm not really seeing any carriers or if I do they're 1000m away and heading for the horizon.

edit: the fact that it's killing blow on them sucks too. I have 3 or 4 KMDDs against carriers over the last few days when I got lucky and got the drop on one but lol nope no killing blow no cheevo.

gently caress you PGI.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I got lucky with my Fuel Cell kill. A Cicada stood and fought the Streak Shadowcat I'd set up to finish that challenge. He easily could have run away, but I'm glad he didn't, cause that challenge is stupid. It should be a KB, KMDD, or even a loving assist because your target has zero incentive to fight and is usually faster than you.

Edit: I also got it really early on. Every Incursion I get now is full of other mediums that are headhunting carriers, and it'll likely get even more bottlenecked as more people pile up on that being their last challenge.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Apr 23, 2017

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Thank God for stupid cicada pilots huh?

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I'll drink to that. I got mine from a Cicada running away from my Streakonner, two shots were enough to blow out the rear RT and kill him.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

The real problem is that you end up playing a bunch of matches with streak boats that end up anything other than incursion.

Thsi event wouldn't be half so bad if it wasn't tied to a single game mode that's coming up rarely at best.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Indeed. At least there were 4-5 lights a game when I was streaking because of all the people trying to get the fuel cell pickups so I was actually useful in a streakboat, but it was still bad. At least the base rush SRM bombers were good at other things in other game modes.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

hahahah I finally got it. On HPG a jenner grabbed the cell then got bush whacked by some SRM bombers. It ran out the wrong side of the basement and right into my scorch. Super damaged, about to fall over, and I snap shotted it with 2 gauss rifles.

The hilarious part? The guys who were chasing it were SUPER pissed and TK'd me. Well "accidentally shot you didn't expect to see you come around the corner" but then started ranting over voip about how they almost had that loving cell carrier.

Didn't even report them. I understand 100%. That TK is totally fine by me.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

My fuel carrier kill was on a cicada pilot that I intercepted while lurking in the enemy back field in my cheetah. He just kept running in a line until I had taken a leg off already.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe
I just gave up trying. Incursion comes up so infrequently, making it way too irritating to try to get incursion only goals.

This event sucks. It's another one of their events that manages to make the game less enjoyable if you choose to participate in it.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Yeah. I was extraordinarily lucky this time around. If you chose to chase it and things went as normal, you'd go insane or break your wrists before you finished.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Which Urbie and Kit Fox chassis do I want again? tia.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Which Urbie and Kit Fox chassis do I want again? tia.

Kit Foxes are all the same because omnipods except the hero which is flat out better, money for power. Urbanmechs depends on what you want to do with it, the good build is the one with laser and mg hardpoints the fun ones are the ones with big ballistics.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
oh yeah I'm dumb and forgot about omnipods for some reason

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

aniviron posted:

Kit Foxes are all the same because omnipods except the hero which is flat out better, money for power. Urbanmechs depends on what you want to do with it, the good build is the one with laser and mg hardpoints the fun ones are the ones with big ballistics.

Commoners osmosis fact: The kit fox-C has a really advantageous set of 8 bonus if you're LPL-ing and/or have modules for stacking on top.

other than that you're right.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i'm enjoying this 20 ssrm kitfox

edit: drat I did 507 damage in a match and ran around the rest of it with no arms :/

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Apr 24, 2017

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

How do you have it fit, out of curiosity? Jumpjets/tenbuck torsos/artemis or no?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

TheParadigm posted:

How do you have it fit, out of curiosity? Jumpjets/tenbuck torsos/artemis or no?

Something like KFX-PRIME probably.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
yeah probably should switch to vanilla srms but i'm just trying to even remember the maps and game modes and I've never used lock on poo poo before, it's amusing

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

With the nerf to Targeting Computer crit chance, they're probably now officially filler status instead of when people would take them on most builds, even the tier 1 tarcomps.

Especially if you've got a good chunk of weapons that aren't affected by crit chance like missiles or LBX weapons.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

If it's a choice between 5 vs. 6 tons of ammo or 22 vs. 23 DHS then I can see the Mk. I being worthwhile since the difference either way is fairly incremental.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Artificer posted:

With the nerf to Targeting Computer crit chance, they're probably now officially filler status instead of when people would take them on most builds, even the tier 1 tarcomps.

Especially if you've got a good chunk of weapons that aren't affected by crit chance like missiles or LBX weapons.

eh, as long as it keeps target info gathering

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

The event was adjusted to reward the mechbay at 7/9 challenges completed, and there is a consolation prize of 250,000 C-Bills, 200 MC, and 2 days of premium time for having played one game of incursion with 80 match score.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

http://mwomercs.com/news/2017/04/1804-skill-tree-public-test-session-2

Tl;dr version: :pgi:

• Locked thread