Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

ExplodingSims posted:

No, we want him to get better, not try LSD.

Well, I linked the addiction/recovery megathread recently and that's a great resource for stuff like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Yeah, the recovery thread is pretty solid, but I could pass up making that joke.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

quote:

proposal: a forum for "responsible drug users" and "harm reduction"

reality: a man falls through the earth and into parisian catacombs. taking a torch from the wall he spies row upon row of skeletons. grasping the nearest by the shoulders, he shakes it madly, yelling "my nigga have u tried lsd"

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I agree, no LSD for 14". We should pull his rear end apart and weld up the spider gears instead.

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

Obviously that didn't come across.

Dude's OG handle was 'philoscybe'. I feel comfortable saying LSD has been tried already.

Reacon
Feb 17, 2013

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.
14 was better off smoking owl pellets.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Cached Money posted:

Well, I linked the addiction/recovery megathread recently and that's a great resource for stuff like this.

On the flip side, the opiates megathread is a showcase of why drugs-r-bad.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Fermented Tinal posted:

On the flip side, the opiates megathread is a showcase of why drugs-r-bad.

Pfft, no one needs to poop or live past 35.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
It just feels right somehow

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Probable cause ++

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

spraypaint "Free candy" in ork font on the side for maximum effect

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I have the feeling stronger than ever that good advice is a poor waste of text at this point, but you have a roof, you need to spend the next few weeks getting your license back rather than having a motorhome taken from you by the cops.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

dave, I have a feeling from the third line there that the motorhome will still be available _after_ you deal with your other issues first.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

DICK DICER posted:

You already have two non-functional vehicles, and a third waiting for you in Nebraska. I don't think you really need a fourth.

This seems primarily like a diversion to avoid dealing with everything else. Needing money/time/parts/tools to fix the motorhome is a great way to do nothing for a long time.

If you've got the money to mess with that thing, you've got the money to fix your other cars, pay off your tickets, and get your rear end out of Seattle.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Leperflesh posted:

spraypaint "Free candy meth" in ork font on the side for maximum effect

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Dave, please stop digging.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
"interior needs work" translates into the roof leaks and rotted everything the gently caress out. if this baby hits 60mph you're going to see some serious poo poo.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

A: Yes, stop digging

B: we all care for you dude (as much as people on a car sub-forum of a comedy website can care for a dude) and are trying to help as much as we can.

BUT....

Sell the tool box, use the money to get your license and other bills straightened out, use a grand from the sale to buy the RV, put the tools in the RV drive off into the sunset with Rosie snoozing on the inside while towing the Civic? It'll take more money than I think you can scrape up, but it's not a bad idea per se.

Follow through though man. Follow through.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Bad ideas were in this post.

cursedshitbox fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Apr 24, 2017

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

14" Dick does not have the resources to deal with another automotive project. He needs a single reliable form of transportation and a valid drivers license and enough money to survive to get to a new place to start over with, and buying yet another lovely old vehicle is in no way conducive to that end. At all.

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008
Holy poo poo don't buy an rv with a rotted out interior. Going with the earlier vote of a RUNNING cube van.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

How about don't buy anything til you've got you legal issues sorted out, sell one car, and have a valid id.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

ExplodingSims posted:

How about don't buy anything til you've got you legal issues sorted out, sell one car, and have a valid id.

This

Don't even shop. Obsessing over hosed up old vehicles you have no place to work on and can't afford parts for is one of the deep, deep lifestyle ruts that need to be exited to get somewhere different.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Lol my brother had that exact RV and would always talk about driving it around the country. It barely made it to the park where he lived in it for 3 years and it never moved. When he decided he had enough of living in an RV he had to scrap it because no one wanted to buy it. Old RVs are bigger money pits than boats if you want to actually want to travel in one.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

DICK DICER posted:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Yeesh, I figured someone would eventually find the fan art people made for it and recognise it at that point

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

A comedy post on a comedy forum?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

DICK DICER posted:

Yeesh, I figured someone would eventually find the fan art people made for it and recognise it at that point

we're all trying to figure out your life for you, you cant make jokes!

this is serious business

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

DICK DICER posted:

I was thinking more about the Roadkill General Mayhem build episode, since they used a Pace Arrow.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Well poo poo if there's a 440 in that thing then you need to buy it and put the motor in the Civic. Rear engine 440 Civic FTW.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Well poo poo if there's a 440 in that thing then you need to buy it and put the motor in the Civic. Rear engine 440 Civic FTW.

Look realtalk how hard is it to make red smoke just loving blaaaaaaasst out of every god drat seam of that thing tached out on the interstate with 5 in pursuit

E: will settle for at alcatraz and green smoke if birds are already in the air

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Apr 25, 2017

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider
Time lumbers on, your future shelter and sustenance remain unsecured.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

DICK DICER posted:

will settle for at alcatraz and green smoke if birds are already in the air
Losers whine about their RV. Winners go home and unfuck their driving licence.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer

DICK DICER posted:

Look realtalk how hard is it to make red smoke just loving blaaaaaaasst out of every god drat seam of that thing tached out on the interstate with 5 in pursuit

E: will settle for at alcatraz and green smoke if birds are already in the air

https://www.amazon.com/StarLight-Photo-Red-Smoke-Effect/dp/B00BHFUSW2/

EDIT: It would probably be a good idea to section off the front of the RV with lots of visqueen and duct tape before setting off the grenade.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

n0tqu1tesane posted:

https://www.amazon.com/StarLight-Photo-Red-Smoke-Effect/dp/B00BHFUSW2/

EDIT: It would probably be a good idea to section off the front of the RV with lots of visqueen and duct tape before setting off the grenade.

What is expert installation of a smoke grenade?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Roki B posted:

Time lumbers on, your future shelter and sustenance remain unsecured.

Shut up. If Dave can't make jokes about it he might as well just give up, the guy needs some sense of humor as we all do so back off.

Comedy forum, remember?

JudgeJoeBrown
Mar 23, 2007

As he loads the heavy shot to defend his pukins he remembers its just a comedy forum.

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Shut up. If Dave can't make jokes about it he might as well just give up, the guy needs some sense of humor as we all do so back off.

Comedy forum, remember?

Now, now. SA is a comedy forum but I like to think that (at least here in AI) we're mature enough not to make light of situation where one of us is actively working on self-destruction to keep others amused. Dave's variation of humor is more anxiety-inducing than being funny, TBH.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

steady posted:

we're mature enough not to make light of situation where one of us is actively working on self-destruction to keep others amused.

I'm not sure you've read psylocibe's threads before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I'd like to think we know him well enough to laugh when he wants to be laughed along with, and hit the panic button when he needs it.

Also, we can crowdfund a hit on him if he looks like buying a PT Cruiser.

• Locked thread