Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

sorry you didn't lean into your microphone in an exaggerated fashion, i couldn't quite hear you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is doing elaborate handshakes and stuff while they are in danger a running theme of the show?

no it's actually a random thing they did when discussing scuba diving sign language

one of them makes the signs for "i can see your underwear" and the other identifies it, then they have a broshake over it as seen there

this happened while their submarine was being eaten by giant teeth

jojo owns

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

boethius posted:

Nazis whiten, green frogs shiver.
The thinkface pictures break and quiver
In the thread that runneth ever
By the forum on the server
Flowing down to C-SPAM.
Edward Balls, and Bernie Sanders
Overlook the thread of slanders
And the silent majority imbowers
Nothing matters LMEBOAM.

:discourse:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Yinlock posted:

no it's actually a random thing they did when discussing scuba diving sign language

one of them makes the signs for "i can see your underwear" and the other identifies it, then they have a broshake over it as seen there

this happened while their submarine was being eaten by giant teeth

jojo owns

i love that their broshake starts off elaborate and then they just smash their meaty forearms together like ten times in a row haha

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Addamere posted:

LIVE FOOTAGE OF TRUMP NUKING + NITE CREW REACTION:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX12NVUhceI&t=166s

So is Legend of Galactic Heroes supposed to be "Gundam if it wasn't so stupid."

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Probably Magic posted:

watch: turn a gundam

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Probably Magic posted:

I only ever saw Gundam: Wing on Toonami back in the day, but yeah kind of I guess? I mean, both are full of war and philosophical musings about same, but the only Gundam show I ever saw never really had anything to say about government that I recall — just lots of warbling about the value of human life and effort in wars. LOGH presents an Aryan Fascist Protagonist Superman who is a bona fide benevolent dictator (eventually; he starts off as just a military officer), and highlights the failings and shortcomings of even the best-intended uses of absolute power. Like, it presents you with this guy who is a one-trillions Great Man of History and makes you want to love him and his fascist government because gol' darnit he really is a benevolent dictator who knows better and is better, while at the same time beating you over the head with how this immediately works out wrongly even with Superman Protagonist at its helm. And then everyone who matters dies for various reasons, to include the Superman Protagonist.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

NecroMonster posted:

watch: turn a gundam

:hai:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
notably, LOGH does not feature robots (mostly)

it does however feature two varieties of space combat fighters, one of which looks kind of like the flight mode of a veritech fighter, as well as wonderful ... not even Engrishisms since they are translating from Japanese into poorly-understood German and then to English so you get such amazing names as "Spartanians" for one of the types of space combat fighters

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
more poorly-translated things: "Sieg Kaiser" is the chant the adoring citizenry shout at their beloved dictator

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://coub.com/view/f3ez8
Above: Baloogan's mental image of Trump
Also: thousands of Baloogans

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyNV6HPB6Zo&t=1699s

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
I could see trump knights / stickmen going after a military officer who harbors a war widow who interrupts and owns trump at a rally. They certainly would on twitter today....

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

also I'd like to point out how super homoerotic LOGHs is

http://i.imgur.com/MKFBFOU.gifv

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

punchymcpunch posted:

*posts unrelated gifs and youtubes and drinks milk*

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

lol, we all know that his hardest decision is whether to watch MSNBC or CNN in the mornings.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Baloogan posted:

also I'd like to point out how super homoerotic LOGHs is

http://i.imgur.com/MKFBFOU.gifv

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
trump supporters looking like fist of the north star bandits

they mastered post-apocalyptic-chic fashion

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/BBW_BFF/status/838446238919868416

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

How suckzoners feel like taking a sassy sixer

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/pearswick/status/856426277959487488

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

the commemorative totally not bluffing stamp

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

celebrate 85 years of eating all the food for nothing

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

"I love that my child starved to death so our great military could once again do absolutely nothing" said a proud north korean

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Toshiro Mifune fuckin' owns

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Yinlock posted:

"I love that my child starved to death so our great military could once again do absolutely nothing" said a proud north korean

NK having a big military is one of the two things thats stopping us from taking them over. The other thing is china.

A military that does nothing is a military that is doing its job.

Also I can't wait till NK collapses and we get great Catch-22-style novels about the kafkaesq nature of the north korean military.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
neighbors are up late at night now, like come out for smokes at 2am... 5am... etc and I asked why and the answer is utterly obvious in retrospect. New infant == no good night sleep

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

NK missed a big opportunity to send some rando out to moon Pence while he was grimacing out of the DMZ

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

NK missed a big opportunity to send some rando out to moon Pence while he was grimacing out of the DMZ

If they really wanted to provoke some poo poo they'd forget this nuclear junk and just have a couple dudes start doing butt stuff in Pence's line of sight.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
i stand in solidarity with the norkish people against american imperialism

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
im glad they get the hard part of serving in the military and starving to death while i get to shitpost on the internet and eat fast food

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Yinlock posted:

this, but not ironical

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Toshiro Mifune fuckin' owns

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Baloogan posted:

NK having a big military is one of the two things thats stopping us from taking them over. The other thing is china.

Also I can't wait till NK collapses and we get great Catch-22-style novels about the kafkaesq nature of the north korean military.

my military is composed of two cheap plastic veritechs and it is also doing its job it seems

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i know what you're asking yourself: which two?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

roy fokker's and miriya's fighters duhh

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i'm glad trump sahres out love of spicer

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Baloogan posted:

Catch-22 is my favorite book; I was all :aaaaa: the first time I read it. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

prefect posted:

Catch-22 is my favorite book; I was all :aaaaa: the first time I read it. :allears:

it might be the finest book ever written, in english or any other language.

• Locked thread