Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

me reading this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
That everyday price is ridiculously high

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Nah, ridiculously high would have been $4.20

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Guy Goodbody posted:

Australia tax.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I wish my supermarket was selling white chocolate Kit Kats.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Late for the scripting of talk shows, but a couple years back my cousin was in the audience for Dr Oz. They were doing a segment where "real" people would have small problems and Oz would "prescribe" some over the counter holistic remedy for them to buy. One actor had to cancel, so they pulled my cousin on in their place, where they had her make up a story about having trouble sleeping at night. Dr. Oz had her try some weird nutmeg tea remedy. She ad-libbed that the tea "Tasted like Autumn in a Cup", and the producers loved it. She later told us all in person at thanksgiving that it tasted terrible. Well, that's my story, thanks for listening.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Chard posted:

me reading this thread

Just FYI, you need to be killed with fire

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

Nice

hawaiian_robot
Dec 5, 2006

And I'm happy just to sit here,
At a table with old friends.
And see which one of us can tell the biggest lies

hope the next price tag to the right doesn't also add a dollar to the previous price

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

That price has to be a typo, because Jesus saves.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Wilford Cutlery posted:

That price has to be a typo, because Jesus saves.

The actual price is thirty pieces of silver.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

trickybiscuits posted:

Long answer: Phillips was an itinerant, self-taught portraitist who was active for about fifty years. His style developed so much during that time that his work was once thought to have been done by at least three different people. Even at the start of his career his work was attractive and well-composed, and by the 1820s he was able to depict sitters' features with character and accuracy. He is considered one of the most technically adept, prolific, and downright likable American folk painters. This portrait accurately shows the early-19th-century style for tall shirt collars for men, which often dug into the chin and sometimes prevented the wearer from turning his head.
Short answer: gently caress you hitler

Another fun fact, that tall collar style came about because of King George IV, who was a playboy and a vain motherfucker but grew up to be a huge gluttonous fatass and wanted to hide the fact that he had a gross dewlap. Of course everyone imitated him

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Mierenneuker posted:

The actual price is thirty pieces of silver.

:wtc:

(Sorry that was the only christ emoji)

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Gorilla Salad posted:

I wish my supermarket was selling white chocolate Kit Kats.

The hazelnut Snickers are pretty good. Could stand to be more hazelnutty, though - maybe a nutty chocolate rather than plain milk chocolate? I don't know, I'm just spit-balling here.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Data Graham posted:

Another fun fact, that tall collar style came about because of King George IV, who was a playboy and a vain motherfucker but grew up to be a huge gluttonous fatass and wanted to hide the fact that he had a gross dewlap. Of course everyone imitated him

A not so small part of me is hoping that once the Queen of England dies the next king will start to wear short sleeved suits or something and throw business fashion into an awesome tailspin.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Solice Kirsk posted:

once the Queen of England dies

Don't you put that evil in this thread.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Memento posted:

Yeah, please say "once the Queen of England is executed by the English people for being an aristocratic parasite"

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Memento posted:

Joke's on him: she'll outlive us all.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yeah, please say "once the Queen of England is executed by the English people for being an aristocratic parasite"

Nobody who hosts a foreign king from a country where women aren't allowed to drive and proceeds to scare the poo poo out of him by haul-assing around with him as the passenger in a Land Rover is all bad.

http://www.vox.com/2015/1/23/7877243/king-abdullah-queen-drive

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Joke's on Prince Charles, actually. He hasn't had a proper job for over sixty years!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

spog posted:

Joke's on him: she'll outlive us all.

But especially charles.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Guy Goodbody posted:

She's good but most of her family are poo poo.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

"No, I'm good."

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

spookygonk posted:

"No, I'm good."

I guess this is my life now

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

sassassin posted:

She's good but most of her family are poo poo.

No she's bad. her whole family should have all their property confiscated and be forced to work in a Scottish coal mine

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Phanatic posted:

Nobody who hosts a foreign king from a country where women aren't allowed to drive and proceeds to scare the poo poo out of him by haul-assing around with him as the passenger in a Land Rover is all bad.

http://www.vox.com/2015/1/23/7877243/king-abdullah-queen-drive

quote:

His nervousness only increased as the Queen, an Army driver in wartime, accelerated the Land Rover along the narrow Scottish estate roads, talking all the time. Through his interpreter, the Crown Prince implored the Queen to slow down and concentrate on the road ahead.

I suppose it's easy to forget that she's descended from a long line of people who used to kick the poo poo out of everyone: like watching Tiddles eviscerate a small, fluffy animal, there is something still in the blood.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

She's still a relic from a former time and should be thrown to the wolves to support herself and her useless family. Monarchs, even as symbols, shouldn't exist in an age where we have touched the moon.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
To be honest, I prefer having the royal family to the alternative, which to my mind is people like Nigel Farage and Boris Johnson ending up as president because enough people decide they're "classic legends" or whatever. That's probably just me, though. :shrug:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Throw me in that trunk :neckbeard:

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

She's still a relic from a former time and should be thrown to the wolves to support herself and her useless family. Monarchs, even as symbols, shouldn't exist in an age where we have touched the moon.

It's a fitting symbol for the society we have. There's no reason for pretenses.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I'm sure the goon millionaires in the UK would pick up her philanthropic slack

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Beachcomber posted:

Just FYI, you need to be killed with fire

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Knotting Hole

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Solice Kirsk posted:

At this point it's nice to have some kind of check on capitalism even if it's aristocracy. ugh the worst future.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
I love how mad the existence of the monarchy makes some people.

I'd care if they had power, but they don't so who cares

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

theflyingorc posted:

I love how mad the existence of the monarchy makes some people.

Me too

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

People on knifecrime island get the news and stuff right? They've heard that you dont have to have kings anymore? New systems have been created.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
the british monarchy is basically a weird performance art piece at this point, chill out