Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Please learn to drive your boat properly and know how to hitch it to a dock before you take it out on the water and create more chaos than what already exists

no don't it's a trap!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Ah crap I missed PC talk and now it's nazi talk and I just got all my PC bits assembled. Well here's my PC anyway, it may or may not be racist:

Asus Strix 1080 Ti
I don't regret getting the regular 1080 new, but now i'm a little sad, the Ti is unreal fast.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Oneiros posted:

Eh, I'd rather have Julia Child's kitchen than this "man's kitchen". Sadly I'm just a tiny apartment renter :smith:

Julia Child kicks Alton Brown's rear end.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

LifeSunDeath posted:

I don't regret getting the regular 1080 new, but now i'm a little sad, the Ti is unreal fast.

Yeah watching it handle everything at true 4k and as many frames as I can handle is pretty fun. Not even overclocked yet.

spog posted:

Doesn't that little blue thing annoy the poo poo out of you?

I didn't even notice it until I posted it here. :/ Turns out it's just a blue led reflection, looks nothing like that IRL.

Josh Lyman posted:

Where the gently caress is the optical drive? How are you gonna watch your 4K Blu-Ray of Planet Earth 2???

I don't really watch movies these days. Got Planet Earth 2 recorded in 1080p on the dvr but haven't watched any of it. Last movie I sat through was Force Awakens, in the theatre.

UnfortunateSexFart has a new favorite as of 20:02 on Apr 23, 2017

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Smashing Link posted:

That is how a man's kitchen should look.

Hear that, ladies?
You better not have a kitchen that looks like this or Link will CALL THE POLICE.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

G43/trijicon night sights

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

LifeSunDeath posted:

There's a firmware update to increase the clock speed

edit: before I get railed yes I realize there's more to it than clock speed but not all is lost

Anagram of GINGER has a new favorite as of 21:45 on Apr 23, 2017

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

LifeSunDeath posted:

And it'll get beat before you know it. Future proofing is a slippery slope.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Nephzinho posted:

And it'll get beat before you know it. Future proofing is a slippery slope.

It's already beat by the Titan Xp. I didn't even get delivery before my card was obsolete.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Woof Blitzer posted:

G43/trijicon night sights

pew pew

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Bought some new games for my eventual Dreamcast 2 Xbox. The one in the middle is a Sega GT/Jet Set Radio Future double pack, how convenient.

Endymion FRS MK1 has a new favorite as of 04:58 on Apr 24, 2017

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I bought a bag because I didn't have a bag here is a picture of the type of bag I bought:

When I bought it they put it in a plastic bag. Now I have two bags.

e: I looked at some Samsonite bags in a department store and they were 200-300 what the gently caress?

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 05:31 on Apr 24, 2017

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I might have the cheapest Gibson Les Paul in the world.

It was only $200. It's a studio model, it has a faded finish, and the headstock was broken and repaired and has a nasty scar on the front and back, but it doesn't affect the sound or tuning stability.

It just looks like it was carved from a bookshelf. It plays and sounds better than my $1,500 Traditional Pro II, which is why I sold it. Would rather have $1,300 and this, than a prettier Les Paul. It's only being played at home. Plus I prefer the fatter 50's neck, and the feel of the satin finish. It even stays in tune better and has a better setup. Its the guitar equivalent of a very plain looking woman who's funny, smart, and giving.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Holy poo poo, never knew they did a Sega GT on the XBox. That was one of my favorite Dreamcast games, I think it was easily better that Gran Turismo 2 for its time and wasn't surpassed on a console at least until GT3. Was Sega GT 2002 just a normal sequel? Or did it influence future titles at all?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Sega GT 2002 was poo poo compared to Project Gotham but JSRF is one of the greatest ever games

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

One of the best things about Project Gotham was your garage and being able to walk around and admire them in between games of Geometry Wars.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
I bought this cheap bike:

Seems fine so far, but it needs a different seat.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

AnimalChin posted:

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

AnimalChin posted:

Be careful, those bikes have notoriously bad brakes and the wheels may fold up at the slightest bump. I wouldn't ride it off any curbs. And wear a helmet.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I picked up what I thought was a zipped up backpack from the side... and it wasn't zipped up, so my Asus Transformer fell out and went clattering across the wood floor. So naturally the digitizer for the touchscreen exploded into shards, but it works otherwise.

So I just spent $23 on eBay for a new digitizer and the tools to replace it properly. Blah.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

I did need new pillowcases anyway and I could not resist them.

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

I wore my sunglasses to a baseball game, got drunk, then left without them. Therefore:

Randolph Engineering Concordes in gold/grey, polarized.

Made in the USA, lifetime warranty, and better than my old Ray-Bans in every perceivable and non-perceivable way. Very happy with them.

Argyle has a new favorite as of 03:30 on Apr 26, 2017

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I'm looking at getting a newer vehicle than what I've got. Anyone have any recommendations in the area of about $6k?

I know this isn't a car buying thread but I've seen a bunch here, so I thought I'd ask some opinions. Looking for a roomy car or a small SUV.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

I've been very happy with my Kia Soul. Anything post 2012 will get you the 2.0 5 speed version. Great little car with a ton of space.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I'm looking at getting a newer vehicle than what I've got. Anyone have any recommendations in the area of about $6k?

I know this isn't a car buying thread but I've seen a bunch here, so I thought I'd ask some opinions. Looking for a roomy car or a small SUV.

Not $6k, more like $13k with everything but this is my new ride (2009 Chrysler 300 MVP Edition) and it is quite roomy. I am 6'1" and have long legs but I can sit comfortably without the seat all the way back which is unusual.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
My current phone is barely still limping along (2015 Moto X. Battery barely lasts, lags like Hell, and I've dropped it so many times there's more cracks than screen.)

Got a very good condition used Nexus 6P for only $400, along with some new accessories:
Since I have massive butter fingers with my phones:

and

And to make it easy to mount in my car for GPS and music/podcast listening:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Nice! I have the 6P as well and I love it.
Look into getting a Seidio case. They are cheap, durable and have a kickstand.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Bottom Liner posted:

I've been very happy with my Kia Soul. Anything post 2012 will get you the 2.0 5 speed version. Great little car with a ton of space.

Are you a hamster?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a 6'3" hamster, yes.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Kinda looking at a Mercury Mariner (05). Price is pretty much dead on for my budget (plus it's red, which is awesome). Only downside is it's kinda... not quite a land yacht but getting close.

Dammit I just need a Broncho ][. I loved my old one :(

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
There's a very helpful car buying thread in ask/tell, I recommend visiting that. And just to preempt that thread, BUY A PRIUS

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'll scope it out.

Don't think I can buy a prius though. Those are probably out of my budget.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I only wanted to spend 3k on a 10 yr old Camry and got a 2008 Prius instead for $5850. Totally worth it.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I think the second and third gen Priuses are hideous, especially from the back. Gen 1 looked fine in that "boring car from the 90s" way, and the newest gen 4 looks pretty good.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Aramek posted:

I think the second and third gen Priuses are hideous, especially from the back. Gen 1 looked fine in that "boring car from the 90s" way, and the newest gen 4 looks pretty good.

I don't know how you got them flipped around but the latest redesign where Toyota is going all neo-tokyo with their Toyota and Lexus models is hideous. Priuses were fine being oddly shaped but functional and efficient cars before looking like whatever the hell this is:

Also, I bought a new house a week back but we're finally ready to start living there starting tonight. It was bought by contractors who sat on it while the market recovered then redid everything top to bottom to flip it, which is nice because the interior looks great, but not nice because the other thing I bought is about $11k worth of electrical and plumbing work needed to fix the poo poo they completely hosed up and didn't get proper permits for, but that was known at inspection so at least it wasn't a surprise.

davebo has a new favorite as of 21:17 on Apr 26, 2017

mystes
May 31, 2006

davebo posted:

Priuses were fine being oddly shaped but functional and efficient cars before looking like whatever the hell this is:

Probably the existing design had become too close to what cheaper hatchbacks look like now, so to look fancier they had to imitate Tesla. In a few years Tesla will have to redesign their cars to stand out more in response.

I'm embarrassed at how transparent this is that I can understand it as someone who doesn't particular care or know anything about cars

mystes has a new favorite as of 22:24 on Apr 26, 2017

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

What's the fanciest looking backend these days? McLaren?

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

mystes posted:

Probably the existing design had become too close to what cheaper hatchbacks look like now, so to look fancier they had to imitate Tesla. In a few years Tesla will have to redesign their cars to stand out more in response

There might be more to it than that, though. That...muffin top thing at the back reminds me of the last Celicas:

Might be a designer at Toyota who has a thing for big girls in tight pants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Sexual Lorax posted:

There might be more to it than that, though. That...muffin top thing at the back reminds me of the last Celicas:

Might be a designer at Toyota who has a thing for big girls in tight pants.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0McRELVKCIs