Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm getting a cheapo PlayStation TV so I can play P4G some time.

Will a 4gb memory card suffice or will it do that stupid bullcrap where it says 4gb but there's so much reserved for system crap that it won't be quite enough for P4G (it's the only thing I care to play)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Will a 4gb memory card suffice or will it do that stupid bullcrap where it says 4gb but there's so much reserved for system crap that it won't be quite enough for P4G (it's the only thing I care to play)

According to Google, Persona 4 Golden is 3.26 gigs.

So, maybe?

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Finished the 4th palace and I'm a little surprised we were all saved by falling into a cat's gaping butthole in a cutscene

I mean, just a little. Not my first Persona rodeo.

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.
Yes I had the very same thought when I got to that part, what a good kitty I guess?

Can someone explain to me what the differences are in the maid cafe also between the different foods you can order? Should I not order one that says they will have trouble etc? I only have been there like 2 times so far to boost up some charm but wasn't really understanding what I was doing besides not being an rear end in a top hat to the maid.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
catse.cx

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Grey Fox posted:

Finished the 4th palace and I'm a little surprised we were all saved by falling into a cat's gaping butthole in a cutscene

I mean, just a little. Not my first Persona rodeo.

It's the second-most surprising thing I've been Goatsced by. The first is Babylon 5. I'm not kidding about that either.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
There's very little reverse goatse in previous Persona games so you could be forgiven for the surprise.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

If they gently caress up it's an opportunity to compliment them and get points. I maxed charm after my first visit so thankfully I'm not going there again.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Ryuji: You're useless!

Morgana: Can you do THIS?

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

You never see it COMIIIIIIIIIIING

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
The 5th palace (Okumura) was probably the worst experience I've had in a Persona game.

The keycard labyrinth, the nonsensical airlock puzzle, the timed segments with respawning enemies, the timed end boss that was just a parade of mooks. If there's a question over whether I'll replay this game that dungeon is going to be a major decider. It was so glaringly bad compared to every other dungeon.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
You have lived a charmed life.

It's not even the worst dungeon in this game.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Deified Data posted:

The 5th palace (Okumura) was probably the worst experience I've had in a Persona game.

The keycard labyrinth, the nonsensical airlock puzzle, the timed segments with respawning enemies, the timed end boss that was just a parade of mooks. If there's a question over whether I'll replay this game that dungeon is going to be a major decider. It was so glaringly bad compared to every other dungeon.

Don't forget the myriad of shadow enemies with repel-physical. gently caress that place forever.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Don't forget the myriad of shadow enemies with repel-physical. gently caress that place forever.

If you don't play the game identifying weaknesses and then exploiting the hell out of them to kill everything in a turn, it's on you.

Even the last boss for that dungeon actual serves a purpose, because at the end of the day Okumura is just one little man behind all those he made suffer. And there are four of you... :toughguy:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Deified Data posted:

You'll stomp it on NG+ so it won't be a big deal at that point.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I really didn't have a bad time in Palace 5 for some reason, so I was surprised to see that everyone hated it.

The only Palace I absolutely hated was the third one, just because the stupid lock part at the end dragged out way too long.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Why do people complain about the Airlock puzzle? It's actually pretty straightforward if you pay attention? Colored locks match colored doors.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Motto posted:

If they gently caress up it's an opportunity to compliment them and get points. I maxed charm after my first visit so thankfully I'm not going there again.

Listening to the OST after beating the game made me realise that I never went in there at all. Are there ever any circumstances in which it's mechanically the best option?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Supremezero posted:

Why do people complain about the Airlock puzzle? It's actually pretty straightforward if you pay attention? Colored locks match colored doors.

You don't even need to do that.

Press the button as you see them also works on all but one section.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Harrow posted:

I really didn't have a bad time in Palace 5 for some reason, so I was surprised to see that everyone hated it.

The only Palace I absolutely hated was the third one, just because the stupid lock part at the end dragged out way too long.
I had to put the game down for a bit during that third dungeon. Probably the first time I had to do a little grinding and really focus on fusions more than usual.

Looking forward to ripping it apart with my bare hands in NG+.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Girimehkala and Arahabaki. Two is not myriad.

Girimehkala is weak to Expel Bless, like he is in basically every SMT game ever, so if you don't instant kill him that one's on you.

Arahabaki is weak to Psy and Nuke. Makoto alone can demolish the poo poo out of them without even really trying.

Like, sure, this can be a Bit Of A Problem when you're trying to Auto/Rush things but Shiki-Ouji also exists and was around way earlier when having decent alternative damage was maybe a little bit more awkward. By now you have easy access to every element.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Supremezero posted:

It's boring, samey and empty busy work which is neat the first time you jump out of a lock but not the third or fourth. That is a consistent issue in this game though.

It's not hard, but it goes on too long.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Plus, the presence of repel physical enemies means you can get repel physical Personas very easily. If you rely so heavily on physical attacks that you can't deal with a couple enemies that repel them then you're relying too heavily on one element.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Harrow posted:

Plus, the presence of repel physical enemies means you can get repel physical Personas very easily. If you rely so heavily on physical attacks that you can't deal with a couple enemies that repel them then you're relying too heavily on one element.
This is true, and I haven't even started the 5th dungeon and I'm getting repel physical fusion options at level...34, I think?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

NRVNQSR posted:

Listening to the OST after beating the game made me realise that I never went in there at all. Are there ever any circumstances in which it's mechanically the best option?

If you want charm but can't go to the two confidants that provide it or take a medical bath, I guess.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Wait, you can actually go in the maid cafe? I could've sworn I tried on my first visit to Akihabara, but I wasn't allowed to go in?

I swear, you beat this game, you still haven't even broke the halfway point on poo poo you can do in it.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Apr 24, 2017

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

PlatinumGames: We rendered the protagonist's butthole under her clothes.

Atlus: Hold my Dr. Salt NEO

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
For real Arahabaki is my strong friend. I used him in Nocturne forever and he's my big ol spinny friend

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Dragonatrix posted:

Girimehkala and Arahabaki. Two is not myriad.

Girimehkala is weak to Expel Bless, like he is in basically every SMT game ever, so if you don't instant kill him that one's on you.

Arahabaki is weak to Psy and Nuke. Makoto alone can demolish the poo poo out of them without even really trying.

Like, sure, this can be a Bit Of A Problem when you're trying to Auto/Rush things but Shiki-Ouji also exists and was around way earlier when having decent alternative damage was maybe a little bit more awkward. By now you have easy access to every element.

Those two were way too common towards the end when I was out of sp. Yes I now know there are better ways to conserve sp available at that point but I didn't have them and it sucked not being able to use physical skills to get by.

If anything palace 5 taught me to be even more anal with conserving sp in future palaces so it has that going for it I guess.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Dragonatrix posted:

Two is not myriad.

Uh the game begs to differ sir!

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
translator's note: "myriad" means "ten thousand"

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
The boss of Palace 5 was honestly a relief compared to the rest of the dungeon.

It goes so much easier if you bring Ann and Morgana. Honestly Ann was always a mainstay for me in boss fights til palace 6 (at which point Makoto should have picked up Marakukaja and Mediarama) just because of (Ma)tarunda. Being able to hit the Fire weakness for that fight was just icing on the cake.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Scorps posted:

Cleared up to the boss of Palace 5, going to beat him today. I agree with most of the consensus about Palace 5 sucking, it had a cool aesthetic but by the time the airlock came I was just ready to be done with it.

I'm right about to hit October and still trying to get max Charm so I can go out on this date with Makoto and keep progressing until waifu status, she hasn't shown up at all recently though. Do party members not show up as S-link while they are waiitng to send the calling card or am I just not seeing anyone for some reason. I assume I'm not too late or anything, pretty much all main party members are rank 6-8 for me besides Haru, I shouldn't have an issue maxing most of them still right?

I did max Fortune and Temperance this weekend as well, I've been using Fortune every day almost since June so I feel like I'm pretty well ahead of most links but just definitely do not want to miss my shot at best girl now that I've turned down 4 other hussies so far

The midboss before the airlock puzzle was unbelievably difficult for me. I know it's incredibly easy with the right Skills but I had zero SP, and pretty much had to grind it out by guarding while my SP adhesives gave me enough juice to hit.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
A myriad of pancakes

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Is this Dowman Sayman? I think im loving his name up. The Voynich Hotel guy

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Meme Emulator posted:

Is this Dowman Sayman? I think im loving his name up. The Voynich Hotel guy

Yeah, it's him.

http://bato.to/reader#899d61a27f04ec72

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax
can someone tell me if matarukaja, charge and baton pass all stack?

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Get a physical copy of Golden. VGP or Amazon will probably have them for cheap.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

JOHNSON COCKSLAP posted:

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

JOHNSON COCKSLAP posted:

Yes. Which is why Ryuji and Ann are the best party members for boss fights where you can't hit an elemental weakness.