Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

iospace posted:

Nice meltdown

Hey, it worked for Kilza.

Aphrodite posted:

It's too late. They got friendly handshakes and more "good games" than they can handle.

My office is like 80% Canadian so I can indeed confirm that they are utter monsters.

Habibi fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Apr 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Caps/Penguins is de facto Stanley Cup Final confirm/deny

I'm not *picking* the Pens to win minus Letang, but I don't think it's impossible because the Caps should have stomped the Leafs

EDIT;

https://twitter.com/dtolensky/status/856332095286804480

the NHL and this dumbass playoff format can go straight to hell. If the Penguins didn't win the Cup just last year I'd be mad af

ElwoodCuse fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Apr 24, 2017

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Shinjobi posted:

I hate rooting for the Ducks, but for one more series I must root for the Ducks.

Go get em, Eaves.:ohdear:

Ducks/Pens is the nightmare scenario for the SCF.

Though the Bettman/NBC nightmare scenario is Oilers/Sens

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
I'll be happy to live out that particular nightmare.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
I think it's only appropriate that in "their year," the Caps may have to go through the Penguins and then the Rangers in the way to a SCF. Exorcize those demons or be eaten by them, I guess.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

ElwoodCuse posted:

I'm not *picking* the Pens to win minus Letang, but I don't think it's impossible because the Caps should have stomped the Leafs

EDIT;

the NHL and this dumbass playoff format can go straight to hell. If the Penguins didn't win the Cup just last year I'd be mad af

The Sens have home ice in a series against an opponent who finished the season with four more points and four more wins.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Chad Sexington posted:

I think it's only appropriate that in "their year," the Caps may have to go through the Penguins and then the Rangers in the way to a SCF. Exorcize those demons or be eaten by them, I guess.

My money's on "get eaten by them".
And this will probably be the end of the "Caps dominate regular season, lose in second round" narrative they have going; the Caps have a *lot* of UFA/RFA contracts expiring this year and next and quite a few of those players are going to get paid, which makes it harder to see them all staying under the jumbo sized pavilion the Caps have going right now.

Schlesische fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Apr 24, 2017

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Schlesische posted:

My money's on "get eaten by them".
And this will probably be the end of the "Caps dominate regular season, lose in second round" narrative they have going; the Caps have a *lot* of UFA/RFA contracts expiring this year and next and quite a few of those players are going to get paid, which makes it harder to see them all staying under the jumbo sized pavilion the Caps have going right now.

They'll lose Shattenkirk, Williams, hopefully Alzner, and maybe Oshie. They might take a step back but the team isn't going to fall apart, and they dominated the regular season before they had most of those players anyway.

They'll have $22M in cap which is more than enough to give Kuznetsov a big raise. Burakovsky has been really good too and he's a guy they'll need to keep, but with his numbers they can probably buy low on him.

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Apr 24, 2017

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

They also need to re-sign Orlov and Schmidt (who will probably be left unprotected unless they are really bold and leave Carlson exposed).

I'd highly consider signing Orlov long term given his abilities and likelihood of improving even more and I'd actually consider trading Carlson given his past two seasons worth of work but a lot of his situation depends on the rest of the postseason.

I think they'll still be competitive next year but they'll be a little shallower and Ovechkin will continue to decline a little more. They don't really have many stud forward prospects to step in and provide an immediate impact either so I think it's fair to say this is their best shot.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Mind_Taker posted:

They also need to re-sign Orlov and Schmidt (who will probably be left unprotected unless they are really bold and leave Carlson exposed).

Yeah, but realistically those guys aren't going to cost a whole lot.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Chad Sexington posted:

The Penguins had to beat the Flyers/Wings and Rangers in their two most recent Cup wins so yeah that's usually how it goes. Real manly teams get through it :colbert:.

ElwoodCuse posted:

It's in irritating format but the Pens/Caps would be meeting next round anyways barring upsets so whatever.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

ElwoodCuse posted:

EDIT;

it seems like you are mad af regardless

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Can I get a quick rundown on why I should hate the Predators and their fan base

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

bewbies posted:

You shouldn't and instead should love and support them for being great and non-toxic.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

bewbies posted:

Unfortunately for you, the Predators are cool and their fans are really nice, and the only kind-of-a-shithead player on their team is James Neal, but that's balanced out by having PK.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Is it wrong to root for Edmonton?

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe
Rooting for Edmonton-Ottawa to make it to the SCF just for the NBC carnage. They will end up showing the SCF on SyFy

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's all the more impressive since they're in Nashville, which is in Tennessee and also America.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
this is not encouraging, does that imply we're not going to have any epic idiot meltdowns about knee takeouts or headshots or your city sucks or none of that

z0331
Oct 2, 2003

Holtby thy name

spanky69 posted:

Rooting for Edmonton-Ottawa to make it to the SCF just for the NBC carnage. They will end up showing the SCF on SyFy

They should do this anyway and bring back the glo-puck.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Is it wrong to root for Edmonton?

You'll find it was the correct and right thing to do all along.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Unfortunately for you, the Predators are cool and their fans are really nice, and the only kind-of-a-shithead player on their team is James Neal, but that's balanced out by having PK.

Well they have willingly employed a known rapist for a while so there's that!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Who?

Also, the AHL team of the Preds is the Milwaukee Admirals, so if you have a chip on your shoulder towards WI sports because of the Packers, there you go.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Oilers still have a murderer as VP of Hockey Ops.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

iospace posted:

Who?

Also, the AHL team of the Preds is the Milwaukee Admirals, so if you have a chip on your shoulder towards WI sports because of the Packers, there you go.

Ribeiro

Seriously, their continued support of that piece of poo poo is a good reason not to cheer for them.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Yeah, gently caress the Milwaukee Admirals

This is the thing that, so far as I know, hasn't been proven in court yet?

quote:

A few days before [the nanny] was scheduled to leave, Mike and Tamara went out with some of Mike's teammates. When they came home, Mike went down to the basement where [she] was sleeping with the kids. ... [The nanny] woke up with Mike's hands all over her. She did not move. She tried to say something but nothing would come out. Mike saw [she] was awake, but he did not stop. [She] mustered her voice and told him he needed to leave.

She did not scream because she did not want to wake the children who were in the bed right next to her. Mike was fully clothed and wearing a suit. His hand was on her breasts and he was pleasuring himself at the same time. [...]

Mike came back sometime later— this time just in his underwear. [The nanny] woke up with Mike forcing his hand down her panties. She grabbed at the blanket and started saying: "What are you doing?!?" He took his other hand that had been down his underwear and put it over her mouth and held down, intentionally and willfully restraining her against her will and without her consent. [The nanny] could not excercise [sic] her will to leave due to the force and threat of force from Mike.

Having restrained [the nanny] against her will, Mike then sexually assaulted [her] by shoving his fingers inside her vagina. [She] said he needed to leave and not come back.

e: Oh he just paid her off cool :bravo:

flakeloaf fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Apr 24, 2017

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Uh what?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

flakeloaf posted:

It's not going to be because they settled.

(That means he did it.)

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

flakeloaf posted:

He settled the lawsuit so yeah nothing was proven in court.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:ughh:

Though by the looks of things he's probably going to be stuck in Milwaukee for the rest of his career. No one wants to take him.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also that was just one claimed incident. There were more.

The others happened before she turned 18. And his wife knew.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The preds also signed Ribeiro to an extension after all that stuff was made public.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

The preds also signed Ribeiro to an extension after all that stuff was made public.

Sounds like he already had an extension.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nashville still has Harry Zolnierczyk who secretly filmed his roommate having sex with an underage girl and shared the video with his friends and teammates.

I guess like Montreal's French coach rule, Nashville must always have a predator.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
Ribeiro was having problems in Phoenix, and said something to the effect of 'they weren't very supportive of the personal issues I was facing' (referring to the Coyotes) after he signed in Nashville. This implies that Nashville was more supportive of his personal problems (rape). Nashville bad. Of course this assumes that both teams knew of the allegations before they went public. I don't know if the timeline supports that.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

It didnt matter who won of Nashville/Chicago, both teams employ a very horrible person. :smith:

Literally every single evil team won the first round so I hope the NHL gets the most boring and worst final possible in like Sens/Blues or something. Go Chaos.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Blues employ Brodeur

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

And then there's the Ducks.

Pretty deplorable list of people in the West.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Furnaceface posted:

It didnt matter who won of Nashville/Chicago, both teams employ a very horrible person. :smith:

Literally every single evil team won the first round so I hope the NHL gets the most boring and worst final possible in like Sens/Blues or something. Go Chaos.

:lol: nah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Aphrodite posted:

Nashville still has Harry Zolnierczyk who secretly filmed his roommate having sex with an underage girl and shared the video with his friends and teammates.

I guess like Montreal's French coach rule, Nashville must always have a predator.

Mike Yeo abused some teenage Penguins once with his awful powerplay schemes

• Locked thread