Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

I don't think I've ever intentionally set foot in pochinki or rozhok. Is either town actually worth fighting in or is "long parachute or car/boat to zharki/lipovka/primorsk/novo" better

They're good towns. Sometimes you'll be surprised how few players will visit towns on the direct flight path.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

I don't think I've ever intentionally set foot in pochinki or rozhok. Is either town actually worth fighting in or is "long parachute or car/boat to zharki/lipovka/primorsk/novo" better

They're pretty great for loot. Easy to get in and get out too since there are a lot of tight alleys to duck into if you're trying to fly under the radar. Pochinki anyway. I'll usually land on the car in Rozhok and head west to the warehouses in Georgopol depending on the path of the C130.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
Pochinki and Rozhok are usually the cities my squad goes to, if we're gonna fight people for loot

I'd much rather be on foot than driving, you might get caught out in the open by sight but you will be heard, so we don't do the whole "drive far away and drive back" strat

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Since every one is doing get a car and run away a lot of those towns can end up with a reasonable amount of loot left over.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

yasmaya/rozhok/pochinki are primo

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

rap music posted:

They're pretty great for loot. Easy to get in and get out too since there are a lot of tight alleys to duck into if you're trying to fly under the radar. Pochinki anyway. I'll usually land on the car in Rozhok and head west to the warehouses in Georgopol depending on the path of the C130.

I'd love to see a map like this that also included the individual lv. 3 loot buildings spread around the map- would be great for those solo starts where you don't need to gear up a full team. For instance, it's unmarked on that map, but to the east of the airfield both the radar building on the mountain and the garage/building at the foot of it contain lv. 3 loot, as does certain individual military buildings spread out across the map- but I always forget to commit their location to memory when I happen to come across them. I know there's at least one radar building with lv. 3 loot somewhere south of gatka and likely others elsewhere

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

https://clips.twitch.tv/CoweringSnappyTigerChefFrank

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
TBH I've had some really good rounds where I jumped into Pochinki and got geared up. Depending on the circle, you can either hole up or go balls out and be okay. Surprisingly few people go there anymore.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Pubgmap.com is pretty neat

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Drop into big cities and kill people. I've been doing a lot better when I take a more predatory mindset. Game becomes a lot more fun when you stop avoiding fights at all costs and just get good. You'll lose a few games but actively hunting people will make it a lot easier for you to not be hunted.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Say, has there been any new word on the issue of the buildings not properly loading in? It's like each time I try a game, it flips a coin. About half the time I'm lucky and everything works just fine, with an alright performance in the ~50 FPS range. But the other half of the time all of buildings and structures seem to get stuck halfway through loading in, remaining in the long-distance low-LoD state where I can't enter or interact with them (and if I try to cross a bridge I fall right on through). If I stay in the game it starts chugging progressively harder in a way that's reminiscent of a memory leak, and in the end it usually crashes outright, sometimes even taking my entire system with it.

Now, my system is getting quite old (I'm running the game off of a HDD and with only 8GB RAM), but the way how it's so all-or-nothing leads me to think it's not (at least not just) a matter of simple hardware capacity. When it does work, it works just fine throughout the entire round, and when it doesn't the whole thing shits itself in a matter of minutes. So far I couldn't find any particular triggers for it, either. Sometimes I can jump out right over a major city with loads of buildings and it works fine, and at other times I go for the flat empty space around Gatka and nothing loads in.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Gay Horney posted:

Drop into big cities and kill people. I've been doing a lot better when I take a more predatory mindset. Game becomes a lot more fun when you stop avoiding fights at all costs and just get good. You'll lose a few games but actively hunting people will make it a lot easier for you to not be hunted.

This. Also, I think I end up with more points when I go on a killing spree than finishing in the top 20 with no kills.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Me and a friend dropped onto rozhok and found like 5+ AKMs, couple of m16s, a scar and a couple of SKS. Loot bug fixed?

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I've seen more SKS' post-patch than I ever did pre-patch so something definitely changed/got fixed.
Kar98's seem way more rare, though.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Perestroika posted:

Say, has there been any new word on the issue of the buildings not properly loading in? It's like each time I try a game, it flips a coin. About half the time I'm lucky and everything works just fine, with an alright performance in the ~50 FPS range. But the other half of the time all of buildings and structures seem to get stuck halfway through loading in, remaining in the long-distance low-LoD state where I can't enter or interact with them (and if I try to cross a bridge I fall right on through). If I stay in the game it starts chugging progressively harder in a way that's reminiscent of a memory leak, and in the end it usually crashes outright, sometimes even taking my entire system with it.

Now, my system is getting quite old (I'm running the game off of a HDD and with only 8GB RAM), but the way how it's so all-or-nothing leads me to think it's not (at least not just) a matter of simple hardware capacity. When it does work, it works just fine throughout the entire round, and when it doesn't the whole thing shits itself in a matter of minutes. So far I couldn't find any particular triggers for it, either. Sometimes I can jump out right over a major city with loads of buildings and it works fine, and at other times I go for the flat empty space around Gatka and nothing loads in.

I also had this problem when running the game on an old POS hard drive, and it happened similarly randomly. I'd parachute in and all the houses were from an n64 game. But last week I finally got around to getting a new one (since this one was showing some bad signs of age even outside of games) and it hasn't happened since.

Either maybe now's the time to upgrade or wait for them to fully optimize.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Everything is subjective and based on how many people go there on a given map.

Rozhok has plenty of okay loot, but it's generally crowded since it's so central. Easy to get a car there and get elsewhere though (which is what most people do when they land there).

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I just got second place. Why did I get second place and not win you ask?

It's because I found out that if you're prone and try to throw something it'll bring up the trajectory arc and start cooking whatever you're holding but NOT ACTUALLY THROW THE drat THING so I loving molotoved myself.

gently caress. On the other hand the other guy must have laughed his rear end off.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

late game nades have gotten me killed one way or the other 100% of the time

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Me and a friend dropped onto rozhok and found like 5+ AKMs, couple of m16s, a scar and a couple of SKS. Loot bug fixed?

AKMs (and M16s) are sort of screwed by losing out on attachments. 416s/SCAR get the most.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
We dropped on the same town the next game and found nothing but uzis and one akm + m16. Maybe not fixed? Or unlucky? Hard to say at this point!

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
"We resolved the issue with the leaderboards"

Meanwhile 8/10 people in Top10 EU Leaderboard have like under 10 wins and sub 10% Winrating

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Paradigmata posted:

"We resolved the issue with the leaderboards"

Meanwhile 8/10 people in Top10 EU Leaderboard have like under 10 wins and sub 10% Winrating

A strange game. . .

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Sultan Tarquin posted:

We dropped on the same town the next game and found nothing but uzis and one akm + m16. Maybe not fixed? Or unlucky? Hard to say at this point!

if "fixing" the droprates means having tons of ARs all over the place then I don't want it to be fixed because that's kinda lame.

revolther
May 27, 2008
Yeah, just because you go to the same area doesn't mean you should expect the same treasure chest. It's more likely ARs will be at certain spots but nothings guaranteed and that's what's good about it. I dropped in just south of the military base and found 3 completely empty houses before I found anything useful, that's just how the game goes.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ive played like 20 or 30 games split between solo / pub queue and i havent won yet

im a bad :(

Tres Burritos
Sep 3, 2009

It was more fun before the loot got screwed up though. Getting killed by guys with Kars and SKSs when you looted a town and only got an Uzi and shotgun is less than fun.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

hey i've played 50 and only finish top 10 10% of the time and i'm fine with it because losing never feels unfair

just so im sure- the only rifles that fit scopes that you can look through are sniper rifles, right? or should I be able to ADS through the scope with a 4x SKS?

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

eonwe posted:

ive played like 20 or 30 games split between solo / pub queue and i havent won yet

im a bad :(

Play passive until you know 100% you can go for a kill and get away with it.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
Scopes work on everything but pistols, two of the shotguns, and the micro-uzi.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Futuresight posted:

Scopes work on everything but pistols, two of the shotguns, and the micro-uzi.

i right click to bring up my scope and nothing happens. I can't look through it

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Click it, don't hold it down.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Efexeye posted:

i right click to bring up my scope and nothing happens. I can't look through it

Double-right click

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

I swear I am. I have never looked through a scope in 52 rounds of this game. it just brings the weapon up into a firing position

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Another way to look down the sight or scope is to press V to toggle first person, and ADS should work then.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

ADS should work from third person if you simply give the RMB a quick click.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

gonna try out these suggestions, thanks :tipshat:

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

.Z. posted:

Double-right click

It used to be double right click but they changed it to a single click in one of the patches.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I've had it where no matter what I did RMB would not put me in ADS/sights, I think I had to switch guns a couple times to fix it. It's more noticeable when you tried to ADS too close to a wall that it'll break.

Also I'd love if it the game would make ending circles places of actual interest like cities or something rather than a) the bottom island where teams who never left are sitting in boats and on the bridges waiting for you to cross. or b) an open field in the middle of nowhere. Even objectives on top of mountains are more fun.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I like the random circles. If the map was less bad we would have fewer bad circles though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Efexeye posted:

I swear I am. I have never looked through a scope in 52 rounds of this game. it just brings the weapon up into a firing position

Just a quick tap of RMB will bring up the ironsights. How have you had the patience to play 52 games without ever using your sights? :psyduck:

A single click will be a toggle between sights, and a double click will mean you have to hold it down then release to change back.

• Locked thread