Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Duck and Cover posted:

Hey look a bunch of terrible barely sentient drums of fat (which I assume of all goons) talking about how they don't like how this lady looks. Let's be honest u'd grab her by the pussy! Right guys? Yeah of course I am! Hahaha just kidding she has girl parts and they are scary. Now Trump is so sexy I'd peel him.

it's her tuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

(to be made fun of)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

(to be made fun of)

I like sumo mandarins they super duper rarely have seeds. Do lizard people like mandarins? Hmm I might need to do some research. Oh and I had thought Hillary was running not her daughter stupid me.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Apr 24, 2017

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
why is variety even shoving their grubby pick-esque fingers into politics anyway it'a a loving entertainment trade magazine.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

It looks like they tried to Photoshop Hillary-in-her-30s face to the right side of the image.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

bonerjam posted:

why is variety even shoving their grubby pick-esque fingers into politics anyway it'a a loving entertainment trade magazine.

(((entertainment)))

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

bonerjam posted:

are you saying american politics aren't entertaining as hell?

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

down n out posted:

Hey, how cool does this 37 year old that we're trying to foist on the American people look:

Please tell us how cool she is, this wasn't carefully curated by insider media boosts, this was totally organic.

Her new show on HBO is terrible.

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
They probably took 200 pictures and that was the best one? Woof.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Pick posted:

THREE OLIVES
ELH TE SITRO
TROS EI LOOT
poo poo LÉ OOO
OTTIS TOOLE

Three Olives: Portrait of a lovely Poster

down n out posted:

Hey, how cool does this 37 year old that we're trying to foist on the American people look:

Please tell us how cool she is, this wasn't carefully curated by insider media boosts, this was totally organic.

Chealsea 2028, It's Her Turn Now

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

The Human Crouton posted:

"Power Women of NY" issue. I'm so sick of New York City crawling up its own rear end and trying to get the rest of the country to envy them for it. Just enjoy your amazingly satisfying NYC life, and leave the rest of us alone.

in this instance Variety held an event in NY honoring several women who have supported various progressive causes. Doubt if that was a nationwide issue.

http://feature.variety.com/power-of-women-ny-2017/

http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/chelsea-clinton-hillary-clinton-power-of-women-new-york-variety-1202392371/

quote:

“I’m particularly proud and grateful for the example that my mother has always set,” she said, recalling a lesson she learned from her grandmother that seemed particularly pertinent: “It’s always better to get caught trying than to have never tried at all.”

Chelsea Clinton was honored at Friday’s event for her work with Alliance for a Healthier Generation, an organization working to end childhood obesity. “If you care about equity or economic justice or gender equality,” Clinton said, “you have to care about childhood obesity.”

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

VikingSkull posted:

Can you find me a single quote of anybody in her campaign actually saying this?

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Who What Now posted:

Its actually in the book this thread is supposed to be about.

Wutang-Yutani CORP
Sep 25, 2005

CORPORATIONS
RULE
EVERYTHING
AROUND
ME

"Power Women of NY" issue. I'm so sick of New York City crawling up its own rear end and trying to get the rest of the country to envy them for it. Just enjoy your amazingly satisfying NYC life, and leave the rest of us alone.

the best part is living in NYC sucks major rear end

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Who What Now posted:

lol

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lactose Is Wack posted:

its the cultural centre of the milky way. all tongues of art and science are eloquent there

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Lactose Is Wack posted:

There was a study done that found New York and New Jersey are the most moved out of states in the U.S.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Dapper_Swindler posted:

pretty much. she tried way hard to be hip, sure that can work, obama did it well enough. but she was a wonk and all the pep and congeniality came off as articfical as gently caress. it didnt help that she had idiot rich woke celebes like dunham and other going around and acting like she was some magical saint of progressive Idpolics, is that a good thing, sure, but this wasn't a idpol centered election, it was a economic one. and trump made poo poo up and sounded better by playing the populist who would bring back jobs and saying enough bigoted poo poo to get the hard right and alt right interested. clinton just did nothing and then would play the victim card and give alt right dickheads limelight. everything either came off as either desperate or snobbishly calculated.

My teenage sister made some crack about 'pokemon go to the polls' way back before the election and I knew it was a death knell for her campaign because if they couldnt get the most tribalist, impressionable, and desperate group for validation to think she's hip using a strategy that exclusively appeals to those traits she couldn't win

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

I went to NYC once. Everything was under construction and overpriced. Not sure what the appeal is.

Still better than anywhere in southern or bay area california.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Sebastien Lenorman posted:

I went to NYC once. Everything was under construction and overpriced. Not sure what the appeal is.

You need to be extremely rich to understand.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

I really wish that Vince McMahon was Trump's running mate. Just imagine him in the White House.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Who What Now posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noWGgAVqU10

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Gammatron 64 posted:

I really wish that Vince McMahon was Trump's running mate. Just imagine him in the White House.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVeVcVBW_CE&t=1266s

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles

What is "psychological violence" and how do I harness this power to more efficiently destroy my enemies

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Pawl posted:

What is "psychological violence" and how do I harness this power to more efficiently destroy my enemies

the best part of that twitter exchange is this

https://twitter.com/PuzzledGibbon/status/855357818916007936

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

spacetoaster posted:

There was a study done that found New York and New Jersey are the most moved out of states in the U.S.

once you get away from nyc, most of new york state looks like any other random midwestern state with miles of nothing and dying towns

nyc is a fun place with a lot going on, but like every other coastal hub it is really expensive and i wouldn't want to live there unless i was making six figgies minimum.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

The_Franz posted:

once you get away from nyc, most of new york state looks like any other random midwestern state with miles of nothing and dying towns

I've never lived in NY, but I spent a year in Iraq with a NY guard unit and all they did was complain about how high property tax was and how it's already drove a bunch of people out of the state.

They also said that a lot of the tax money goes to NYC and everyone else gets poo poo services.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

spacetoaster posted:

I've never lived in NY, but I spent a year in Iraq with a NY guard unit and all they did was complain about how high property tax was and how it's already drove a bunch of people out of the state.

They also said that a lot of the tax money goes to NYC and everyone else gets poo poo services.

there's also the fun part of "rich NYC people moving to a rural suburb, getting on town boards and changing the policies to those that mirror NYC"

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Lactose Is Wack posted:

lol, not if you're absurdly rich

spacetoaster posted:

i can't speak for new york, but i'm from New Jersey originally. NJ is a prep state. it primarily exists to service two other states' major cities: Philadelphia and New York. There is no major state university, nor many great universities in the state and its one of the best states for public education in the country. so what that means is the people raised in the new jersey go out of state for college and typically end up somewhere else, when their parents retire they move out of the state because the property taxes that pay for the great education are too high for retirees, and people who work in either major city move in. it's a big cycle, obviously with plenty of exceptions, but that's why people move out of NJ. its a springboard state. people live there because they work in the major surrounding cities and its a great place to raise kids because the education system is stellar. side note: due to the lack of universities within the state and the plethora in surrounding states, NJ send more kids out of state for college than any other state.

people aren't leaving because it sucks. they're leaving because unless you're working in NYC or Phila, there's no real reason to be there and you're probably already somewhere else because of college

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

RaySmuckles posted:

people aren't leaving because it sucks. they're leaving because unless you're working in NYC or Phila, there's no real reason to be there and you're probably already somewhere else because of college

You just said that it has no universities and it's too expensive for poors.

I guess those could be considered good things by some people though.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

spacetoaster posted:

nah cuomo raids the budget for garbage, blames nyc for taking the hick money, as he robs nyc's coffers and justifies the expenses as paying for the rest of the state.

ltugo
Aug 10, 2004

If there was a grading scale for torture I would give sleep deprivation and waterboarding a C-.

RaySmuckles posted:

There is no major state university, nor many great universities in the state

I wouldn't exactly call Princeton and Rutgers scrub-tier schools.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I think it's funny that they reflexively turn to Chelsea for inspiration, as if the whole narrative of "Finally, a woman! She'll be more sympathetic and less likely to bomb people" won't fall apart in a matter of weeks when she cuts healthcare and goes along with whatever hawkish policy takes root.

And the whole "Hillary persisted" thing :laffo:
She didn't persist. She bitched and moaned and gained ten pounds after kicking everybody of her staff (presumably for deficient "respeto"). Doing the whole "I'm a survivor" thing to cue up the kneejerk neanderthalism that is the MSM.

Of course she survived. Presidential elections are not a fight to the death. If they were, Trump would be drinking E&J out of your skull.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

ltugo posted:

For being the 11th most populous state in the country, they're pretty anemic.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

ltugo posted:

I would :smuggo:

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Oh my god the Chelsea thing. Watch her run for office and loving win somehow and keep their lovely patronage system alive a little while longer.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
I look forward to watching Chelsea continue the family traditions when she is beaten in 2020 by Baron Trump or a house plant in a tie.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/856508762336755712

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
get this family off my loving tv

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.

phasmid posted:

I think it's funny that they reflexively turn to Chelsea for inspiration, as if the whole narrative of "Finally, a woman! She'll be more sympathetic and less likely to bomb people" won't fall apart in a matter of weeks when she cuts healthcare and goes along with whatever hawkish policy takes root.

And the whole "Hillary persisted" thing :laffo:
She didn't persist. She bitched and moaned and gained ten pounds after kicking everybody of her staff (presumably for deficient "respeto"). Doing the whole "I'm a survivor" thing to cue up the kneejerk neanderthalism that is the MSM.

Of course she survived. Presidential elections are not a fight to the death. If they were, Trump would be drinking E&J out of your skull.

this is a real good post.

Actually if the election was like a battle royale type situation I'd probably actually bother to vote. Also someone please make an illustration of Trump drinking E&J out of Hillary's skull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Ivanka Trump vs. Chelsea Clinton in 2024 is going to be great.

• Locked thread