Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
is harus forehead also a headband

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

No, it's a cute fivehead

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

MotU posted:

is harus forehead also a headband

Haru is a cyborg

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
im just jealous haru has a better hairline than me

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Now that we've had three Persona games in a row where one of the party members wants to become a police officer (Akihiko, Chie, and now Makoto), I want a Persona Cops spin-off where the three of them team up to solve cognitive magic demon crime and swap martial arts tips.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
please do not call my wife a robot

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Harrow posted:

Now that we've had three Persona games in a row where one of the party members wants to become a police officer (Akihiko, Chie, and now Makoto), I want a Persona Cops spin-off where the three of them team up to solve cognitive magic demon crime and swap martial arts tips.

Dojima's their boss.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Harrow posted:

Why are you forgetting poor Tatsuya?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

OddObserver posted:

Oh poo poo, four in a row, you're right! Well, there's a full party right there.

Realistically speaking I can't see Atlus bringing back party members in any future Persona games like they did between Persona 1 and 2, specifically because of social links. At the very least, they probably wouldn't bring back female party members, because that would require them to weigh in one way or another on whether, canonically, that party member dated/is still with the MC from their own game. Either that or only do so in a game without social links where that wouldn't even come up, but I don't exactly foresee a Persona game without social links any time soon.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Apr 24, 2017

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Harrow posted:

Oh poo poo, four in a row, you're right! Well, there's a full party right there.

Realistically speaking I can't see Atlus bringing back party members in any future Persona games like they did between Persona 1 and 2, specifically because of social links. At the very least, they probably wouldn't bring back female party members, because that would require them to weigh in one way or another on whether, canonically, that party member dated/is still with the MC from their own game. Either that or only do so in a game without social links where that wouldn't even come up, but I don't exactly foresee a Persona game without social links any time soon.

Ai is the canon choice so 4 wouldn't matter

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

There are ways they could avoid the "canon" question just through dialog options, I guess. Like have an early social link with the returning character where you can ask them questions about their past and the leading questions you ask actually just determine what's true. It's the kind of thing they wouldn't likely do in a spin-off--I'm pretty sure the only Persona 4 spin-off with dialog choices is Dancing All Night and not even that many of them--but if they wanted to bring back a playable character who might have had two different kinds of relationship to a previous MC, that's one way they could do it while entirely dodging needing to make something canon.

I really do think the most likely option is no returning party members in the future, though, which is kind of unfortunate because I thought that was cool in Persona 2.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Josuke Higashikata posted:

my memes end here

:perfect:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

HellOnEarth posted:

Circular hairbands go under the hair on the back of your head, guys. She's not wearing it like a party hat.

im glad you made this cause apparently no one in this thread knows how hairbands work

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

OddObserver posted:

to avoid hitler coming back and poo poo again, obv

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.
The Answer suggested that Yukari was the defacto girlfriend from P3.

P4 protag was a total sleeze and dated every girl, though.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

TheLoser posted:

Yeah but it's The Answer so gently caress that

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

As far as I could tell, all The Answer confirmed was that Yukari was in love with him, but it's left up to you whether MC was also in love with Yukari. Unless I missed something that confirmed a relationship.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Harrow posted:

As far as I could tell, all The Answer confirmed was that Yukari was in love with him, but it's left up to you whether MC was also in love with Yukari. Unless I missed something that confirmed a relationship.

thats what i remember too
but i remember the main part of p3 better than anything in the answer

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
its elizabeth, the 4th best P3 girl

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

TheLoser posted:

P4 protag was a total sleeze and dated every girl, though.

Persona 3 forced you to go into a relationship with almost every girl

P3 protag is a bad man

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
p3 itself pushes yukari just as hard if not more than this game pushes makoto, but then all the spinoffs/expanded universe/remakes/mobie happened that pushed aigis more and more

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
If only Aigis had a weird nude shower scene with the MC in a love hotel like Yukari the canon could become clear.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

darealkooky posted:

p3 itself pushes yukari just as hard if not more than this game pushes makoto, but then all the spinoffs/expanded universe/remakes/mobie happened that pushed aigis more and more

Yeah, Makoto is probably the most strongly-suggested love interest in a main game since Yukari but Yukari was pushed even more, especially with all the stuff during the vacation storyline before you can even start her social link.

I actually never got the "Aigis is the one true pairing with P3 MC" until they started laying it on more and more in spin-offs, but people were saying that even back when only the vanilla game was out. But yeah, now if there's anything close to a "canon" love interest in P3 it's definitely Aigis. I mean, can't the female MC in P3P date Aigis, too? Like the one gay option in any of these social link Persona games and it's probably only there because Aigis is so thoroughly the canon love interest that it transcends even Atlus's reluctance to let you date someone of the same gender.

Persona 4's kind of interesting because I don't think it really pushed anyone in particular until Marie. Maybe if you count Rise's crush on the MC, but that comes across like an intended-to-be-comedic character trait as much as anything else.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

OddObserver posted:

Why are you forgetting poor Katsuya, who's already a police officer?!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

It really would be pretty cool to have a follow-up to Persona 5 that flips things around and has the main characters as cops and detectives solving impossible crimes in the Metaverse instead of doing crimes in the Metaverse. If it just so happened to be Persona Cops with a few returning party members, even better.

I realize Persona 4 was basically already about solving crimes with Personas but I want to go full police procedural with it.

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013

Harrow posted:

Akihiko can teach the others Evade Gun.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

LuiCypher posted:

Why are you forgetting poor Katsuya, who's already a police officer?!

since he's already a cop we hate him

obv

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Does Naoto count as a cop? On one hand, the cops hate her and she kinda hates them. On the other hand she spends her whole life trying to be a cop kinda.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Did I gently caress up somewhere with the Temperance Confident? I'm at rank 9 and can't get her up? I try to call her and it doesn't answer. How do I get her to raise to 10?

It's December 10.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

Did I gently caress up somewhere with the Temperance Confident? I'm at rank 9 and can't get her up? I try to call her and it doesn't answer. How do I get her to raise to 10?

Are you in the summer holidays?
If so, wait until school restarts

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Are you in the summer holidays?
If so, wait until school restarts

I'm in December, after completing the seventh palace.

Zhaan
Aug 7, 2012

Always like this.

Zore posted:

Does Naoto count as a cop? On one hand, the cops hate her and she kinda hates them. On the other hand she spends her whole life trying to be a cop kinda.

What the end of P5 was missing was Naoto suing Akechi for defamation of the teen ace detective name. Oh, wait, he's dead. Nvm.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

I'm in December, after completing the seventh palace.

You're boned then.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
Ending spoilers Do normal people remember mementos merging with the real world at all? Or is it just the phantom thieves and their confidants

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Ibram Gaunt posted:

You're boned then.

gently caress me.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Zore posted:

people who are trying to be cops are ok, like best girl makoto

its only actually cops

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Kurtofan posted:

gently caress me.

Well she won't now that you messed it all up.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Persona party members who are or become cops are OK because they'll become fair and just cops, like Best Girl Makoto and Cool Friend Chie.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Everyone but Kurtofan got smoked by Kawakami

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Everyone but Kurtofan got smoked by Kawakami

i turned her down