Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
What if all of the most toxic SC backers are really just goons trying to give the community a bad rep. is that not exactly the type of meta-troll we would pull? and what if everyone in r/ds was actually a DS alt simply to manufacture PR for his own game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

true believer citizens dont know what to make of derek, they only know how to form communities around a shibboleth or leader like CRoberts, it's not obvious to them that derek smart isn't a leader but just another shitposter in a dumb forum people pay $10 for. any leader worship behavior i've seen here has been a joke to reinforce the paranoia that shitizens have

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Kosumo posted:

This could explain a few things, I'm starting to think that some of them maybe confused about which one of you is Derek Smart and which one is Chris Roberts.

It's why they think you are a criminal because of the dodge stuff Chris has done and why they are saying your wife works at your company.

Something is bothering me, the mental backflippery and window lickery on :reddit: :

Hypothetically, if DS's wife was to work at his company and has not fleeced the public for $147mill, according to Reddit, that would be terrible.

Reality, CR's wife works at his company and has done since day 1 and has fleeced the public for $147mill, according to Reddit, this is good.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

ManofManyAliases posted:

What about me? Am I blocked senpai?

He has to leave one token dissenter "unblocked" so as to allow him to continue to claim to be an Internet Warlord.

Also, he already doxxed you.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D1E posted:

He has to leave one token dissenter "unblocked" so as to allow him to continue to claim to be an Internet Warlord.

Also, he already doxxed you.

But I'm not even Toast!

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
you guys both have excellent taste in quality kickstarter belts

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Development only really started after Eric Peterson left doncha know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-F8mXqceXI&t=951s

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Hav posted:

I still don't see a number there. Go on, ballpark it. Make a prediction of how much it's worth to him, and he may just confirm it. Maybe not, but it would stop the speculation about how much of boost it's worth.

Or you could be just making wild assumptions about 'brand'.

I respect the passion here.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
When Wingman and Rob left they took their credibility with them along with the company's former catchphrase 'don't suck'

#winning

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

ManofManyAliases posted:

But I'm not even Toast!

You could pretend to be Toast. Do it to make an Old Man happy. I'm not talking about :gary:.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

his nibs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-F8mXqceXI&t=951s

jesus

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

Thoatse posted:

When Wingman and Rob left they took their credibility with them along with the company's former catchphrase 'don't suck'

#winning

I always liked this interview with Rob - mostly for what wasn't said

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PLwo3YCY_8&t=116s

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ManofManyAliases posted:

But I'm not even Toast!

I'd read a fashion blog if you wrote it

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

his nibs posted:

I always liked this interview with Rob - mostly for what wasn't said

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PLwo3YCY_8&t=116s

'I wanted to work at a small company, so I walked away ahaha. By the way its the most ludicrously huge scope game ive ever seen in my life!!! (voice cracks)....So Good Luck! hahaha"

Good lord you can tell its tearing him up lol

Few minutes later he says why he actually left. He says he left because he was hired on to do creative work but with the focus on LA and Chris becoming the super boss dictator dude there wasn't room for him so he left.

TrustmeImLegit fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Apr 24, 2017

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

What about me? Am I blocked senpai?

Nah man; as I've said from back when I was a mod, despite your clown-shoes attitude - and the fact that you probably hate (an emotion I don't seem to have) me - in my book, you're OK. We just happen to be on different sides of an issue, that's all.

Except for that time when you attempted to mini-dox me :argh:

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Apr 24, 2017

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beet Wagon posted:

Well I mean at least they're acknowledging you have a wife. It's a step up from the guys who are 100% guaranteeing your wife and daughter are made up lol

Ah true dat. I guess they've moved on from me pilfering some rando person's photo from LinkedIn. That's progress I guess.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

his nibs posted:

It did.

On Descent.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

peter gabriel posted:

I'd read a fashion blog if you wrote it

What about a food blog?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

ManofManyAliases posted:

What about a food blog?

Only if it's about toast

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

ManofManyAliases posted:

What about a food blog?

Does it involve noodles?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Toast's toast

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

tooterfish posted:

It did.

On Descent.

:vince:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Daztek posted:

Toast's toast

Yeah, you butter believe it is Toast.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

D_Smart posted:

Good thing I don't get to see them; seeing as they're all blocked.

All I see from those guys (D1E, big nipples big life et al) is "Jerk detected! This user is on your ignore list, click to view post anyway"

Hides "Jerk detected!" and collapses blocked users quotes:
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/25604-something-awful-true-ignore/code

Hasn't done much for me lately.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

But I'm not even Toast!

:eyepop: :popeye:

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Apr 24, 2017

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Derek Smart hates it when you talk about Derek Smart.

I'm rather fond of the Derek Smart in Nova Scotia or wherever. I think the criminal Derek Smart may be the next best candidate.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Kosumo posted:

This could explain a few things, I'm starting to think that some of them maybe confused about which one of you is Derek Smart and which one is Chris Roberts.

It's why they think you are a criminal because of the dodge stuff Chris has done and why they are saying your wife works at your company.

It's amazing. They make up poo poo out of whole cloth; just to fit their narrative. My favorite is that, me - a famous person (with a security clearance) - is apparently hiding in plain sight from the cops in North Carolina. When they're not doxing my public tax records, they're digging up my property records, driving infractions etc. Just for the heck of it, because when you have no ammo in an argument over a loving video game, the fallback position is to always make up poo poo, or use some off-kilter bullshit to attack the opponent. Then when I go medieval on their asses, they cry foul.

I can't wait for this poo poo-show to collapse. Doxing is nuthin'. Just wait and see what I do to these fuckers one by one. That's why, as I wrote here this morning, I have dossiers on ALL of them. By the time I'm done, doxing will be the least of their worries. They keep forgetting that I'm worse than a dog with a bone, and that I have a long term memory, and also not the forgiving type.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

D_Smart posted:

I can't wait for this poo poo-show to collapse. Doxing is nuthin'. Just wait and see what I do to these fuckers one by one. That's why, as I wrote here this morning, I have dossiers on ALL of them. By the time I'm done, doxing will be the least of their worries. They keep forgetting that I'm worse than a dog with a bone, and that I have a long term memory, and also not the forgiving type.

Uh... mods?!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

D_Smart posted:

lmao

permaban this piece of poo poo please

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Chunjee posted:

Hides "Jerk detected!" and collapses blocked users quotes:
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/25604-something-awful-true-ignore/code

Hasn't done much for me lately.

Does that still work? I thought it was broken when they upgraded the forums?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

The Titanic posted:

I'm rather fond of the Derek Smart in Nova Scotia or wherever. I think the criminal Derek Smart may be the next best candidate.

I like that Derek Smart cop in Ireland. His hilarious shenanigans make me laugh when they pop-up in my daily Google Alerts.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

It's amazing. They make up poo poo out of whole cloth; just to fit their narrative. My favorite is that, me - a famous person (with a security clearance) - is apparently hiding in plain sight from the cops in North Carolina. When they're not doxing my public tax records, they're digging up my property records, driving infractions etc. Just for the heck of it, because when you have no ammo in an argument over a loving video game, the fallback position is to always make up poo poo, or use some off-kilter bullshit to attack the opponent. Then when I go medieval on their asses, they cry foul.

c'mon man

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

D_Smart posted:

lol

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

D_Smart posted:

I have dossiers on ALL of them.

Are they secured in a wall safe? Can't be too careful.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
my doxxiers on star citizens

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Arcade posted:

Are they secured in a wall safe? Can't be too careful.

An encrypted Evernote book works just fine :grin:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

D_Smart posted:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Some days this thread becomes an absolute fiasco.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

What do you mean, "some"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

D_Smart posted:

I like that Derek Smart cop in Ireland. His hilarious shenanigans make me laugh when they pop-up in my daily Google Alerts.

He is probably the most fun to watch because he's probably doing things. Forgot about him. He's my bro. :3

I wonder if he ever Googles himself, and what he thinks. Or if his co workers rib him for his zany Internet presence.