Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Which one of you asked this question? Serious note, I really hope the have the roll ranges in-game implemented. It's a pain in the rear end checking the wiki for the item. And hopefully that leads to them later implementing a display for the roll tier/ranges for rares, too.

Have you tried the iteminfo ahk script in the OP? Mouseover item, ctrl+c, ranges/tiers show up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I've tried it but I don't always remember to launch it when I start playing. And the folder it's in is a large enough number of clicks away that I end up just clicking over to my browser on my other screen and quick googling it.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

quote:

Are there any improvements for Cyclone planned, considering you get stuck so often on random clutter/objects resulting in a quick death? I'd love to have this changed somehow so you just keep spinning along the object, making Cyclone way less clunky to play and more on par with the vast majority of skills. Thanks!

Yes. You'll hear some more news about this later this week.

Nice. Cyclone is a lot of fun, but that's always such a stupid thing about playing it. Also the main reason Whirling Blades is lovely.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
And Shield Charge.

gently caress clipping making you move only 2' because you clipped the terrain by 1 pixel.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
If they fix shield charge I'm gonna go so loving fast

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
A movement skill mechanical tuning potentially? Be still, my beating heart.

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

RosaParksOfDip posted:

I've tried it but I don't always remember to launch it when I start playing. And the folder it's in is a large enough number of clicks away that I end up just clicking over to my browser on my other screen and quick googling it.

i made a batch script to boot up mercurytrade and the trade macro every time i want to play. it checks to see if the game is running every 5 sec, and then closes mercurytrade and the macro, if POE isn't running

https://pastebin.com/jS8tnLDa

paste into notepad, fix folders/filenames as needed, if you don't use mercurytrade you can delete those two lines (but you should use mercurytrade). save contents as whatever.bat and it should be ok to just run. it points to fallback.exe instead of run_trademacro.ahk so that it doesn't request UAC elevation every run. updates to either program have to be manually downloaded and unzipped from their github pages but whatever

why did these jerks write their incredibly useful software in AHK and java i have no loving idea

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

terrified of my bathroom posted:

Yeah, i died once to trash mobs (first hit frozen), once to trio (ran out of bleed removal) and the rest was to atziri herself

I might just make one of those insanely broken chaos/poison/bleed builds to make up for my lack of skill since apparently howa bf isn't enough to do so :v:

howa should do uber no problem, you either lack gear or mechanics (study Mathil on how to do uber undergeared)

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

ndub posted:

i made a batch script to boot up mercurytrade and the trade macro every time i want to play. it checks to see if the game is running every 5 sec, and then closes mercurytrade and the macro, if POE isn't running

https://pastebin.com/jS8tnLDa

paste into notepad, fix folders/filenames as needed, if you don't use mercurytrade you can delete those two lines (but you should use mercurytrade). save contents as whatever.bat and it should be ok to just run. it points to fallback.exe instead of run_trademacro.ahk so that it doesn't request UAC elevation every run. updates to either program have to be manually downloaded and unzipped from their github pages but whatever

why did these jerks write their incredibly useful software in AHK and java i have no loving idea

Why would you waste time doing that, instead of just starting them with your computer and leaving them?

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

didn't want to go to the effort of startin em all up each time. might as well make em shut down when i don't need em :shrug:

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

Mr. Despair posted:

Possessed foe prophecy will make all the invasion bosses in the map possessed too.

I recently discovered that when I ran a couple of regular Atziris while having a Prophecy leaguestone in place that modified the area with a random prophecy, which turned out to be possessed foe. It was interesting.

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009
Am I right in assuming that there is no crafting involved with Leaguestones, so I can safely dump crappy ones that drop?

Also are Cadiro offers affected by leaguestones or can he offer anything at anytime?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Stangg posted:

Am I right in assuming that there is no crafting involved with Leaguestones, so I can safely dump crappy ones that drop?

Also are Cadiro offers affected by leaguestones or can he offer anything at anytime?

Sell three to get a new one. Three whites will get you a new white

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Ultima66 posted:

So I spent 3 weeks just grinding maps and saved up to 75 exalts, because my goal this league was to get a Headhunter eventually. Then this happened

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Times like these someone can be angry as gently caress and happy at the same time. At least I would be.

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010
I have been running uber lab now for a few days, probably 10 times, and have a question. I'm using my HOWA character with ST but was recently told by an in game friend that blade flurry would result in faster runs and all I would have to do is switch out three skill gems (needed BF, FAS, and CE). I tried switching the gems and the in game dps says 10k. The ST set up with slower projectile sits at 36k dps with no frenzy charges. So if I go purely on in game numbers, ST is better. But there are so many things in the game I do not know, so is BF better for uber lab farming or will ST be just as fast?

Side question, should I be looking at getting quality gems for my ST set up? Would that greatly increase my dps?

Thanks!

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
e: phone posting is best double posting

interrodactyl fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Apr 24, 2017

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
A few notes.

You need to spec out of all the projectile nodes to get value out of blade flurry. It's melee. But yes the single target is better.

Tooltip DPS is very misleading on BF due to how it works.

Most importantly though, damage is not an issue against izaro with howa ST unless you're doing a 6man lab carry or something. Often the longest time is waiting for izaro to finish his current phase / mechanic before he hops back on the platform. You may want to switch to BF for endgame bosses if you want it to be as braindead as possible, but that's not an issue for Uber Lab.

And yes, quality on spec throw and your other gems will be a huge DPS boost. If you can get 20/20s it will boost your damage a ton. That said, you might want to improve other parts of your gear by stacking WED or something.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Like, how do you farm up 75 ex? Just strands all day every day? I can do all guardians with some difficulty, (chimera I can farm, which is decently profitable) but can't quite do uber or shaper yet and just farming up 7 more ex for a sin's rebirth (my next upgrade) has been a chore.

Highblood
May 20, 2012

Let's talk about tactics.
I would like to know that as well, I've been farming strands all day and I think I've only made 1ex in profit, tell me your secret goon because I do not want to go back to flipping currency

..btt
Mar 26, 2008

Fixit posted:

Side question, should I be looking at getting quality gems for my ST set up? Would that greatly increase my dps?

In addition to what interrodactyl said: while BF is undoubtedly better single-target DPS do consider that ST allows far more mobility, and in my experience, better clear speed. HOWA dps is excellent with either skill.

Mince Pieface posted:

Like, how do you farm up 75 ex? Just strands all day every day? I can do all guardians with some difficulty, (chimera I can farm, which is decently profitable) but can't quite do uber or shaper yet and just farming up 7 more ex for a sin's rebirth (my next upgrade) has been a chore.

I feel like I've reliably generated around 1ish ex an hour in LSC just generally doing high-end content this league. I'm not even a particularly competent player or trader. Not min/maxing either, just generally doing whatever T13+ maps I feel like, the odd breachlord, uber lab runs if it's a good day, etc. Of course that's not a guaranteed 1ex per hour, it's an overall average. I haven't had any big ticket items drop though, my most valuable drop was probably death's door and I haven't sold them. I'm sure I've also vendored plenty of valuable crafting bases and rares I didn't recognise as good.

Leaguestones seem to be a great moneymaker this league. Got a dream drop of chayula breach + 3 shards which went for like 1.5 ex, but plenty sell for 5-10c, move pretty quick, and are easy to price with the trade macro.

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010

interrodactyl posted:

A few notes.

You need to spec out of all the projectile nodes to get value out of blade flurry. It's melee. But yes the single target is better.

Tooltip DPS is very misleading on BF due to how it works.

Most importantly though, damage is not an issue against izaro with howa ST unless you're doing a 6man lab carry or something. Often the longest time is waiting for izaro to finish his current phase / mechanic before he hops back on the platform. You may want to switch to BF for endgame bosses if you want it to be as braindead as possible, but that's not an issue for Uber Lab.

And yes, quality on spec throw and your other gems will be a huge DPS boost. If you can get 20/20s it will boost your damage a ton. That said, you might want to improve other parts of your gear by stacking WED or something.

Ah, so that would be roughly 6 nodes to spec out of. Should they respeced to attack speed and accuracy (since I am low on accuracy)? Would Claw of Pride be good to pick up for BF?

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Jusupov posted:

Sell three to get a new one. Three whites will get you a new white

And two whites and a blue will give you a 33% chance of a blue, one white nad two blues, 66%, and three blues guarantees a blue back.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Goa Tse-tung posted:

howa should do uber no problem, you either lack gear or mechanics (study Mathil on how to do uber undergeared)

My gear should be fine (9.8k ES, 1.5M dps according to pob) so its almost certainly just me misplaying. Hard to practice it though, since each set costs 100c+ and normal atziri melts so fast that I literally don't see any of the mechanics

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I ran maps with MF gear lol. Once I hit lvl 95 I didn't really give a poo poo about dying, so my Windripper character is able to comfortably run T15 and T16 maps wearing Relic Goldwyrm, 2 Ventor's rings, and Bisco's Collar while using IIR gem. I switched to real jewelry and a 6L for the Guardians themselves. No MF glove because I need Atziri's Acuity to cover my int requirements, also because I think the endgame is unplayable without instant leech and VP is kind of far.

E: Just running any red maps should be a profit regardless. Running content is never as fast as just trading though. Also FWIW, if you're not sustaining maps you need a bigger sample size. I stopped running Strands just to see how big I could build a collection by myself, and have filled up 5 columns on a quad tab so far. My T12-13 maps are still reasonably good assuming I run my T14/15 maps when I build those up as well. If you ARE sustaining maps and can't make any currency I don't know what to tell you; I just roll for pack size without ele reflect and don't chisel. MF gear doesn't affect map drops at all.

Ultima66 fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Apr 24, 2017

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

To the guy in guild who wanted a slayer lacerate build, this is what I was using.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
If you have rampage from an item and then use a white rampage stone, those don't stack do they? I thinking they dont, but the wiki does not say, and I cant find a GGG post on it.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Atziri's Acuity are so much better than VP for a crit build, especially for maps that kill life regen. Maybe it's just because I use blood rage though.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

interrodactyl posted:

How much does it cost to make a shaped strand viable vaal fireball character? I've got 17ex burning a hole in my pocket and want to make one more character before beta

e: I figure base expensive stuff is going to be:

6L Vaal Regalia
Insanity Gloves
Death's Door
Vinktar
Dying Sun
Kiara's
Spell Damage/Crit Shield
Crystal Belt
Sac Harvests

Am I missing anything?

I built this character by re-speccing my inquisitor vspark character and spending ~25ex in gear: http://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/interrodactyl/characters?characterName=BallSparks

Shaped strands are stupidly fast with this level of gear. So fast that I had to switch to predictive! It's a lot of fun if you like running good layout maps over and over and going really fast. As a warning, this character doesn't really feel good for anything above white maps until you get a lot of the stuff listed above.

Some specific thoughts for anyone who wants to try VFB:

- Elementalist might be better because prolif should help clean up mobs, and having two golems that don't die would be good. On the other hand, losing HoI would kind of suck, and the shatter hitsound is my favorite.
- Fireball mana cost is insane. Vinktar leech isn't even enough to keep myself going on some weird layout maps, thus the mana flask.
- Fireball single target sucks unless you have Dying Sun.
- Enlighten 4 is necessary if you want to run the whole set of auras. I'm at 7k without discipline though, so it's not necessary unless I replace Pariah.
- Ring options: Sibyl's Lament would be good safety because then I can safely run ele reflect maps. Berek's Respite shock range is too tiny for it to matter. Best option is probably to just to get two opal rings.
- This build is surprisingly flexible in tree pathing IMO. You have lots of options for jewel slots, and I might try to pick up 2x Inspired Learning to mimic Headhunter effects.

e: One cool thing is that the tree for VFB is really flexible and there's a ton of room for jewel slots. So there's a lot of editing you can do to fit your playstyle.

interrodactyl fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Apr 24, 2017

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

whoops I accidentally advertised my whole essence tab for sale at 1c, oh jeez

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Bugsy posted:

If you have rampage from an item and then use a white rampage stone, those don't stack do they? I thinking they dont, but the wiki does not say, and I cant find a GGG post on it.

Run both, open character sheet, defence, look at your movement speed modifier. If it goes up by 2% per rampage stack (20 kills I think), then they stack. If it goes up by 1%, then I guess it doesn't.

George
Nov 27, 2004

Can anyone explain what caused this? I just went to town for a gear poo poo, it was like 30 seconds, and I had a breach I was about to open. gently caress my life.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

George posted:

Can anyone explain what caused this? I just went to town for a gear poo poo, it was like 30 seconds, and I had a breach I was about to open. gently caress my life.

Welcome to PoE

George
Nov 27, 2004

Hauki posted:

Welcome to PoE

Huh. Maybe it's time to go back to D3 I guess.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

lol

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
:qq:

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Bugsy posted:

There's nothing that could possibly stack there. Rampage is just an on/off switch that enables the killstreak stuff.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
Instances crashing is generally rare but it's always a kick in the dick when it happens to a map :shrug: As far as things people get mad at in PoE, it's one of the few things that isn't funny as poo poo and/or karmic justice to watch happen to other people.

#ImWithGerge

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the instance crashing wasnt the funny part

George
Nov 27, 2004

I'm glad to be of service.

I was totally joking when I wrote that, but then I went and played D3 all night. It's already out of my system, so there's that.

I just wish PoE would fix its server stability and hire someone who knows what a loving user interface is.

edit: I also wanted a "George is gettin' upset!", but you guys didn't deliver.

George fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Apr 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George
Nov 27, 2004

And it just happened again. You guys seem familiar with this issue, is it arbitrary or reproducible? Is Strand just cursed for me?

• Locked thread