Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

also adcs like building black cleaver because it has a ton of health for something an adc could reasonably build

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Then they should build frozen mallet

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

henkman posted:

Then they should build frozen mallet

We build both my friend. Before our Warmogs. #ADC2017

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

The Mash posted:

We build both my friend. Before our Warmogs. #ADC2017

Missing Atma's . Bad build.

On that note, remember when Warmog Sivir was a thing? Good ole days.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JuniperCake posted:

Missing Atma's

If found, please call

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Alright who is responsible for Gunblade/Lichbane leblanc because I've seen a bunch of people trying it out today.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Alright who is responsible for Gunblade/Lichbane leblanc because I've seen a bunch of people trying it out today.

Pros, I don't remember who started it but it's become the standard pro Leblanc build.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Also if the Leblanc has a brain it's loving pain to exist against

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
please dont remove gunblade just because people have figured out how to dfg with it tia

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

if gunblade didnt work towards procing thunderlords and or it didnt do fuckin 300 damage or whatever it would totally fix the issue, but it does both so rip

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Riot games, llc

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

rabidsquid posted:

if gunblade didnt work towards procing thunderlords and or it didnt do fuckin 300 damage or whatever it would totally fix the issue, but it does both so rip

Or if it treated her passive empowered Q as an AOE on all targets so that she didn't have a 200 hp heal on 6 second cooldown that would help too.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

Ugh, at some point, I actually have to be friends with goons. :(

Yeah, same I guess. On NA I'm Lucientes. If I'm ever to get into this game again, it'll probably require being dragged kicking and screaming by goons.

(I have never played Ranked but I think I'm high Bronze-low Silver)

Airspace fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Apr 24, 2017

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Yeah the first target of her Q is single target and the others are AoE so if she W's a creep wave and then gets a 6 proc Q she heals like half her HP

poo poo is stupid

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why is a single item somehow the issue

i mean they took out all other spell vamp

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Addamere posted:

Because she's an edge case where her primary wave clear pattern also counts as single target damage for a large chunk of the damage, giving her a vastly larger amount of sustain while clearing the wave than any other AOE wave clear.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Is kled like the anti Camille pick? Cause it seems like he dumpsters her from my small sample of 2 games as kled vs Camille.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Is kled like the anti Camille pick? Cause it seems like he dumpsters her from my small sample of 2 games as kled vs Camille.
Kled beats a lot of people in lane, his level 2-3 is really strong. Camille is more of a scaling champ who isn't that impressive until she has items and is converting trinity force procs to true damage.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Also camille isn't as good as she used to be

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It might be because I'm a skittish coward but Camille seems really strong and always will unless/until they remove her ability to cross the lane in like three seconds and then prevent your escape (read: never)

On the note of Camille's ultimate, are there any edge cases where it's possible to escape it? I'm thinking of things like using Master Yi or Urgot ultimates on someone who flashes away right before the cast completes, and other moves that sometimes lead the casting champion to go absurd distances. Does her ultimate prevent those as well, and if so what happens to the damage and effects that should have occurred, or the positions of enemies?

Addamere fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Apr 25, 2017

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Yeah I'm not saying she's bad, but they've definitely removed some of the extra stuff in her kit

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Yeah, Camille's numbers might be better (read: more balanced) now but she strikes me as the sort of lovely ability-creeping champion that will always feel lovely to lane against unless her raw numbers are nerfed into oblivion. I stopped banning her a little while back but it was mostly because I didn't see anybody picking her even when my team left her open. I might start up again if more pubbies bought/picked her.

henkman posted:

Yeah I'm not saying she's bad, but they've definitely removed some of the extra stuff in her kit

What did they actually take out from her kit?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
You don't heal off minions anymore and you don't get attack speed unless you stun a champ (?)

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JerryLee posted:

Yeah, Camille's numbers might be better (read: more balanced) now but she strikes me as the sort of lovely ability-creeping champion that will always feel lovely to lane against unless her raw numbers are nerfed into oblivion. I stopped banning her a little while back but it was mostly because I didn't see anybody picking her even when my team left her open. I might start up again if more pubbies bought/picked her.

This is pretty much my sentiments exactly. Her ultimate aside, her kit started pretty overloaded and even if you remove all the additional effects from it her core abilities add to mobility creep. Though maybe not as prone to rear end in a top hat players, she feels a lot like Riven and Yasuo in that regard — a potentially dangerous, mobile shithead who you'd rather not have in the game on either team.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Fizz can nope her ult dash with Playful Trickster which causes it to go on CD, but that is literally the only thing I've ever seen stop it. Essentially if you can go untargettable after she casts and before she lands it wastes it. I bet you can do something similar with Kalista's Ultimate but I haven't seen it done.

e: There is absolutely no reason for her to be untargettable during that ult cast. It's the DEFINITION of Zero Counterplay.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Addamere posted:

This is pretty much my sentiments exactly. Her ultimate aside, her kit started pretty overloaded and even if you remove all the additional effects from it her core abilities add to mobility creep. Though maybe not as prone to rear end in a top hat players, she feels a lot like Riven and Yasuo in that regard — a potentially dangerous, mobile shithead who you'd rather not have in the game on either team.

Riven is a good example of a champ that they did a decent job balancing to where she's not too obnoxious anymore. She probably still attracts a certain caliber of rear end in a top hat player, but I'm usually not miserable in lane against her at all, unless of course the matchmaker decides I should be against someone a few divisions more mechanically skilled than me, but c'mon, in that case I'm gonna have a bad time and the only question is how.

I dunno about Camille not being prone to rear end in a top hat players. My sample size for Camilles actually making it through into a ranked game is very small, but the only one I can remember was probably in the top two or three unsportsmanlike pieces of poo poo I've encountered this season.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Tristana can ult Camille out of the box and jump away but...you're playing Tristana at that point

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

You don't heal off minions anymore and you don't get attack speed unless you stun a champ (?)

And really that's the sort of stuff that should of been in since day 1 since that's how every other champion with abilities like hers works.

Imagine the nightmare of laning against Darius if his Q healed him off of just minions.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

henkman posted:

Also camille isn't as good as she used to be
I have been less involved in league and not really following the patch notes, it was obvious she needed tweaked in some way but what did they end up doin?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Gave her regular legs

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I haven't played in a while, are either of the new champs being played/banned at all?

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Pros saying girl bird okay, dude bird strong if he does well in lane. However dude bird is 300 range meaning you have to last hit with like 48 AD with relic, and any ranged character will brutally punish him. And his poo poo scales with levels.

In game haven't really noticed either to be all that good, they're both kind of a nuisance (bird dude is a good peeler for backline) but not overpowered by any means.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Why not just get a different support item?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I haven't played him yet, but I read he has an animation for Melee AA? Would that count for using your charges?

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

RealFoxy posted:

I haven't played him yet, but I read he has an animation for Melee AA? Would that count for using your charges?

Nah, thresh's counts as a ranged auto when he uses his melee animation.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

bird girl is a good twitch-like AoE hypercarry, bird guy is like having a behind lee sin on your team for the whole game. that's my experience with them so far at least

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Idk I'd rather have Twitch or Kog for my super late game carry but she's a little more flexible for compositions in exchange for less absolute game ending power

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Tales of Woe posted:

bird girl is a good twitch-like AoE hypercarry, bird guy is like having a behind lee sin on your team for the whole game. that's my experience with them so far at least

Eh, my experience has been that Xayah does "okay" but isn't quite at the level of other carries, though I suspect a Xayah one-trick might be pretty terrifying to fight against. I haven't seen it yet but supposedly the Xayah Leona combo is pretty good as Leona can pin people down long enough for Xayah to set up her E stun. So she might have a few synergies that are really good if you can exploit them.

Rakan on the other hand is really loving good at peeling and I hate fighting him. He feels like a hyper mobile ali and if he's ahead he'll make it extremely hard to get to the back line. Like gently caress, you could make the argument that he's almost at Janna level peel with the caveat that he puts himself more at risk to do his job than she does. Though in exchange, he is tankier in general and actually seems to output decent damage. Also he has escapes and is hard to pin down himself.

He's a well designed champ tho, they are getting better at giving champs specific strengths and weaknesses.

JuniperCake fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Apr 25, 2017

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Crazy Larry posted:

Because she's an edge case where her primary wave clear pattern also counts as single target damage for a large chunk of the damage, giving her a vastly larger amount of sustain while clearing the wave than any other AOE wave clear.

According to Riot her passive bounces actually properly count as AoE, it's just that they do so much damage that the heal is still massive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Addamere posted:

Usually when you cast a spell it hits one target or multiple targets but in this case it does both and it's like the only AP spell in the game that does that so it's stupid broken

• Locked thread