Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Cotton takes the rap for Bobby burning down a church. If that's not a good grampa I don't know what is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Cotton takes the rap for Bobby burning down a church. If that's not a good grampa I don't know what is.

And for being the man with the terrible smell.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Gotta find Mr Terry Jerry, gut him up good.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Cotton is by far the most entertaining character but also the most consistently toxic human being

At least Bill is harmless most of the time

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

revolther posted:

Cotton is absolutely the best. He killed fiddy men!

Also, don't forget the sharks. He beat 'em all to death with a big piece of Fatty!

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
I was 14, just a little older than Bobby. But I knew Uncle Sam needed me, so I lied and signed up. We had beat the Nazzys in Italy, and they shipped me to the Pacific theater. A Tojo torpedo sent our troop ship to the bottom. I could only save three of my buddies: Fatty, Stinky, and Brooklyn. They were kind of like you fellas, only one of them was from Brooklyn. Out of the sun came a Tojo Zero and put fitty bullets in my back. The blood attracted sharks. I had to give 'em Fatty. Then things took a turn for the worse. I made it to an island, but it was full of Tojos! They were spitting on the U.S. flag! So I rushed 'em, but it was a trap. They opened fire and blew my shins off. Last thing I remember, I beat 'em all to death with a big piece of Fatty. I woke up in a field hospital, and they were sewing my feet to my knees.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Bob James posted:

I was 14, just a little older than Bobby. But I knew Uncle Sam needed me, so I lied and signed up. We had beat the Nazzys in Italy, and they shipped me to the Pacific theater. A Tojo torpedo sent our troop ship to the bottom. I could only save three of my buddies: Fatty, Stinky, and Brooklyn. They were kind of like you fellas, only one of them was from Brooklyn. Out of the sun came a Tojo Zero and put fitty bullets in my back. The blood attracted sharks. I had to give 'em Fatty. Then things took a turn for the worse. I made it to an island, but it was full of Tojos! They were spitting on the U.S. flag! So I rushed 'em, but it was a trap. They opened fire and blew my shins off. Last thing I remember, I beat 'em all to death with a big piece of Fatty. I woke up in a field hospital, and they were sewing my feet to my knees.

Ah, that's right. He only fed Fatty to the sharks. I am greatly ashamed at my erroneous post.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Aesop Poprock posted:

Cotton is by far the most entertaining character but also the most consistently toxic human being

At least Bill is harmless most of the time

Actually I take this back Buck Strickland is the most toxic. Cotton loves Bobby and Good Hank at least

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Aesop Poprock posted:

Actually I take this back Buck Strickland is the most toxic. Cotton loves Bobby and Good Hank at least

I'm sure I've posted this line before but "I'm on a gravy train with biscuit wheels" is so good.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Rad Thibideyoxex.

Living in eastern Canada with a LOT of (properly pronounced) Acadian/French names, this was my favourite.

The trick to mispronouncing it the way Rad did, is to say it as though it had 's added to it.

Thibodeaux's.

It makes it sound like a sort of whistle.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Bombadilillo posted:

Sometimes he gets lumped in with Peggy or Bill on the bad lists.

But it aint true. Also Goodhank is so good.

"I won't take another bath with that baby. It's humiliating!"

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I am that child's nephew

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Aesop Poprock posted:

I like how Cotton likes Bobby seemingly only because he annoys Hank.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Cotton genuinely loves Bobby.

Dale was most annoying in the episode where Hank goes to anger management. It was the peak of him being annoying though.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Gaunab posted:

Cotton genuinely loves Bobby.

I feel like the essential conflict with Cotton is neither he nor Hank (badhank) can admit Cotton hosed him up. Bobby has none of Hank's neurosis.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

...and the pitch! posted:

If you call him that people are going to think I'm bad Hank

Well you burnt my burger, didn't you, BH

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

I'm having an infarction!

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Yeah, lives in another city, another woman. Name's Roy....or Ray or something like that. After sixteen years, I'm too embarrassed to ask.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Bombadilillo posted:

"We'll see who can't drive his grandson at night, without glasses or a license, and with a mop to press the pedals."

Cotton is, contrary to goon belief, actually the best.

Literally no goon has ever said Cotton doesn't own.

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

FuhrerHat posted:

thatherton

Thatherton :argh:

I love it when Bobby, with his mouth full, goes "Thatherton!" angrily like Hank.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

haljordan posted:

Ah, that's right. He only fed Fatty to the sharks. I am greatly ashamed at my erroneous post.

You weren't too far off. He saved a piece of Fatty to beat the Japanese to death.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Overwined posted:

I like how Cotton likes Bobby seemingly only because he annoys Hank.

Cotton loves Bobby because he's his own man, unlike Hank, who's constantly seeking somebody else to emulate. Bobby is comfortable with just being Bobby, in the same way Louie Anderson isn't suicidal. Hank will never be satisfied with just being Hank. You know, inna final analysis.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Bobby doesn't need sissy lenses for his eyes

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Bobby is a bad person. He needs a few of Hank's neurosis to balance out how selfish and cruel he is beneath that doughy facade.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
bobby hill is thirteen

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Bobby is a lazy little poo poo, especially in some early episodes. However, this all pays off when we get the military academy episode where Cotton tries and fails to break him.

Although Cotton in generally a terrible person, he's a fantastic character. And he even does admit to Hank that he screwed up as a father.

And also he has one if the best death scenes of any character on Tv. He died just to spite Hanks Wife.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

The White Dragon posted:

bobby hill is thirteen

Another strike against him.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I resent that the happy-go-lucky excitable weirdo Bobby is such a ladies man.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

ExplodingSims posted:

Bobby is a lazy little poo poo, especially in some early episodes. However, this all pays off when we get the military academy episode where Cotton tries and fails to break him.

Although Cotton in generally a terrible person, he's a fantastic character. And he even does admit to Hank that he screwed up as a father.

And also he has one if the best death scenes of any character on Tv. He died just to spite Hanks Wife.

He admits it in a "maybe I messed up boy. But that doesn't make you not terrible bh" kind of way.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

haljordan posted:

Yeah, lives in another city, another woman. Name's Roy....or Ray or something like that. After sixteen years, I'm too embarrassed to ask.

one of my favorite things they ever did is that even after he introduces himself as Jody Strickland, owner of Strickland Propane in Gatlinburg, TN, Buck still insists on calling his bastard son Ray Roy

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
I think the Cotton/Hank/Bobby dynamic is summed up pretty well by Cotton himself.

"Hell, if it's a contest on who's the better daddy, you win. I mean, you made Bobby. All I made was you."

That really seems to be the one redeeming factor that Cotton finds in Hank, that he could come to raise a grandson for him that he could love as much as he does Bobby. He's pretty much the only person or thing on earth he doesn't have some sort of hatred or contempt for.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Does good hank ever pop up in the show after cotton dies?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

They werent even in the death episode

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Deedee shows up once, without GH and makes no mention of him.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

This show does a lot of reset to normal like you do in a sitcom.

Only without the reset part.

See Bill finding love and then its just never spoken of again. Or also Bill cutting hair in the secret army arcade. Or Lucky spending an episode in a hospital because he canonically gets injured and sues for a job. Then a few episodes later the plot is them trying to get him to a hospital.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Peggy: Do you know what that principal said when I asked for more basketballs for the girls? He said that the money was earmarked to put holograms on tickets to the football games.

Hank: Holograms prevent ticket fraud, Peggy. There's a lot of sick people out there.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Bombadilillo posted:

This show does a lot of reset to normal like you do in a sitcom.

Only without the reset part.

See Bill finding love and then its just never spoken of again. Or also Bill cutting hair in the secret army arcade. Or Lucky spending an episode in a hospital because he canonically gets injured and sues for a job. Then a few episodes later the plot is them trying to get him to a hospital.

Pee pee money is not an employment history!!

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Although. Arguing against myself. I'm pretty sure there's good continuity with Luckys money. He starts saying he got 52000 and wont have to work a day in his life. Later he has less and less I know 15000 was in there. And then he needs money for the wedding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
when ur bae says wat are u talking about

Only registered members can see post attachments!