Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Bet the FBI informant is feeling pretty silly now. Probably didn't expect a sov citizen jury

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Discendo Vox posted:

The court ruled against the admissibility of large parts of the defens case, and was far stricter in applying normal court rules to the defense. And prosecutors are targeting owe members first.

And most st of all, less publicity.

Quoting this just because it sure sounded reasonable.

https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/856571329289404422

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

lmfao they are all gonna walk

if i were the fbi i'd just fuckin shoot the next group of assholes who did this poo poo

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Judge's letter to jury.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

i feared this might happen but all I can do is laugh

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
*in extremely sovcit juror voice* "for the crime of pointing a loaded firearm at government and fbi agents i find the defendant guilty...

...of being a patriot!" :911:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

TotalLossBrain posted:

Judge's letter to jury.

All this letter will do is make the jury go "fine gently caress it, not guilty, now let's go home."

"No this guy we caught driving a stolen vehicle didn't break the law" and "this guy reported nation/world wide pointing a loaded rifle at Federal officials and asking for word to open fire didn nothing wrong" is inexcusable.

All of these people need to be made to disappear. Instead a sovcit/Trumpist or two is going to make them in to major heroes to the militia movement.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
the most akwkward uber drive i ever had was a shared ride with a woman who was very very obviously a prostitute. which, whatever, more power to her. she spent the entirety of the 40 minute ride putting on makeup and we ended up making small talk

"so im going to a superbowl party. what about you?"

"im going to a business meeting."

'youre going to a business meeting. on super bowl sunday. during thes uperbowl."

"it's an australian company"

oh ok that makes sense

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

cumshitter posted:

the most akwkward uber drive i ever had was a shared ride with a woman who was very very obviously a prostitute. which, whatever, more power to her. she spent the entirety of the 40 minute ride putting on makeup and we ended up making small talk

"so im going to a superbowl party. what about you?"

"im going to a business meeting."

'youre going to a business meeting. on super bowl sunday. during thes uperbowl."

"it's an australian company"

oh ok that makes sense

As relevant today as it was yesterday.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

http://www.lasvegasnow.com/news/jurors-deadlocked-on-majority-of-counts-in-bundy-standoff-trial/698301639

oh

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Already set the date for the retrial, I'm hoping the judge did it because he he wanted no chance of it coming back "innocent" so decided to try them again. At least they will stay in prison for a while longer.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

This is what happens when you spend decades selling the idea that jury duty is a joke that only idiots can't get out of, you get loving idiots in juries.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Already set the date for the retrial, I'm hoping the judge did it because he he wanted no chance of it coming back "innocent" so decided to try them again. At least they will stay in prison for a while longer.

I'd hope so because "hey stay in there until you get a decision" was probably met by prosecutors going "THEYRE GOING TO SAY NOT GUILTY SO THEY CAN GO HOME YOU rear end in a top hat" until the judge realized they'd hosed up.

When you have days of deliberations and no verdict for a guy who is on film pointing a gun at law enforcement, itching to open fire, you might want to consider that there's a sympathetic juror in the group. The biggest issue in these cases, as shown in the original refuge case, is some rear end in a top hat being open to sovcit (or militia) poo poo finding their way on to the jury and ensuring that the actual rule of law is discarded for their dumbass libertarian white power views.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

What was the exact charge for rifle guy? And was that photo allowed as evidence?

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Mark Twain posted:

We have a criminal jury system which is superior to any in the world; and its efficiency is only marred by the difficulty of finding twelve men every day who don't know anything and can't read.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
Acting like it's idiots on juries and not white nationalists / sovcits deliberately masking their views so that they end up on juries.

Like everyone who is able should get on as many juries as possible. Sign up for Grand jury duty, be quiet and noncommittal during elimination.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 227 days!
to be fair, they have a right to a jury of their peers

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
i hope these idiots talk to the press

juror #4 needs a friend

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

If you're one of the sinners who caused this please unfriend me now.

quote:

[The jury] thought the government came in with way too much evidence. They didn't believe all of their witnesses, the so-called BLM agents," [defense attorney] Leventhal said.
:allbuttons:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol americans are so loving dumb its amazing

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

lol holy poo poo. Too much evidence.

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

If you're one of the sinners who caused this please unfriend me now.

Members of the jury, there is CCTV footage showing my client robbing the store. Several witnesses independently testified that he said "I need the money, I'm going to rob the store tonight, I have a gun" earlier that evening, and cell phone records show that he was in or near the store at the time of the incident. Officers responding to a 911 call then arrested my client, who still had his gun pointed at the cashier. Obviously this is too much evidence to support a conviction, and you must therefore return a verdict of not guilty.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I totally would be campaigning to work against climate change but they really presented me with too much evidence, and now I'm on the fence.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
This loving country is a joke.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

The judge really needs to pull that jury switcheroo they did with Capone to keep this poo poo from happening.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Nice title change.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Jose posted:

The whole voting for Trump makes sense in hindsight

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Every one of these stupid ignorant militia fuckwits should have been shot.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Jose posted:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Every one of these stupid ignorant militia fuckwits should have been shot.

I still miss Janet Reno. :911:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The defense attorney said that. You might as well take DPRK news at face value if you put weight in that.

Wait until the sov citizen juror starts giving interviews.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Internet Webguy posted:

*in extremely sovcit juror voice* "for the crime of pointing a loaded firearm at government and fbi agents i find the defendant guilty...

...of being a patriot!" :911:

wow...

...and why did i know exactly this would happen? i will tell you why:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Hey guys has the jury reached ---:yikes:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Only evidence they trusted were the results of the paper bag tests.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

hey don't get too down about it, they're being retried in june after all

they gonna walk

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
isn't the percent of federal trials that find the accused guilty in the 90s? the bundy bunch must have hosed up some federal prosecutors' lifetime averages at this point

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Legal goons how does this kind of thing keep happening? Don't the lawyers go through the jourers and weed out the terrible ones?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Azuth0667 posted:

Legal goons how does this kind of thing keep happening? Don't the lawyers go through the jourers and weed out the terrible ones?

Voir dire is an artform and it isn't always easy to get the idiots like juror #4 out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Jurors lie about impartiality and then refuse to find the defendant anything other than innocent regardless of the evidence.

Its notoriously hard to prove though.