Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

My dentist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOtMizMQ6oM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

MrLogan posted:

Here is my dentist story:

When I moved back to western Maryland, I was due for a cleaning/check up and didn't have a dentist in the area. I looked up the dentists in my area from my insurance companies website and called the place closest to my house and made an appointment. The insurance website only lists the doctor's name.

And that's how I've been going to Kool Smiles 4 Kids for the last three years.

I stuck with my pediatric dentist for a while because there wasn't much reason to switch.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Blitz7x posted:

This is my dog, Sadie

She is a v. good dog, I wanted to name her Raider but I lost that fight

I like your dog

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Ehud posted:

I like your dog

Same. Dogs with eye brow markings are top tier.

My friends got a corgi puppy her name is waffles and her fur color makes a heart on her butt. She fell off a ledge and I caught her. I saved a corgi puppy life this weekend.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Ehud posted:

I like your dog

Thanks Ehud, she's a very good dog

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
^ Blitz, she looks like a cool puppeh

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Same. Dogs with eye brow markings are top tier.

Hell yeah! This is my pup Ollie. He is a little bastard...but he is my little bastard.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Your dog has the brownsiest dogs face.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Kalli posted:

Your dog has the brownsiest dogs face.

Hah, he kinda does doesn't he?

He has hit on as many draft picks as the Browns too!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

We cannot have a dog due to my wife's allergies and thus I must live vicariously through other people's dogs. I approve of these puppers.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

weird Asian candy posted:

^ Blitz, she looks like a cool puppeh

Hell yeah! This is my pup Ollie. He is a little bastard...but he is my little bastard.

Ollie looks like a very good dog

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Quiet Feet posted:

We cannot have a dog due to my wife's allergies and thus I must live vicariously through other people's dogs. I approve of these puppers.

I also suffer and am trying to decide whether to bite the bullet and get a labradoodle or something similar.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
i can't have a dog because i am not home enough to give one proper love so therefore i have two cats and they're loving assholes

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Blitz7x posted:

Ollie looks like a very good dog

For the most part he very much is, but he is like the puppiest puppy that ever puppied which is both hilarious and frustrating at times.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Are we dog posting

I want to dog post

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Are we dog posting

I want to dog post

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/5DEolEl.jpg

TAke a look, y'all-

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Where were you when I was asking for everyone's favorite musicals

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Are we dog posting

I want to dog post

Dog posting is always welcome here, friend.

Cute puppeh! Those curls! What breed?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Panda is getting so much grey in her face :(

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I sure hope we're dog posting, ABDP (always be dog posting)

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Diqnol posted:

Ah, hello That Guy

wha

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Dog posting is always welcome here, friend.

Cute puppeh! Those curls! What breed?

We don't know. He is a complete mystery. He was a severely neglected rescue dog. They couldn't age him correctly because his teeth were in such bad shape. The vet figures he is probably a mix between a poodle and maybe a terrier because he has a crazy long tail.

I have had him for about five years now, he is supposed to be 10-11 years old by now but still runs around like a puppy so who knows.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Bad Moon posted:

Yeah but she is rocking that scarf like a diva

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Wait, seriously I missed musicals chat?

I mean, I love Les Mis, both the original London and Broadway casts, 1776 is a lot of fun, especially the movie version. Camelot I loved as a kid, but I think it's probably faded a bit over time. Jesus Christ Superstar is really fantastic. The 70's version is definitely more about Black rights with how it potrays Judas while the 2000's version is more about the issues of aging homosexuals trying to maintain relevance around a bunch of young kids. Loved Hair and Hairspray, and watched A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum like dozens of times as a kid.

Never liked the loving "rustic" musicals like Oklahoma, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, poo poo like that. I think I just have no attachement to romantic views of the old west though.

I love both versions of JCS though, there's just something hilarious about the style of JCS 2000. The original was definitely more of a movie, but 2000 gives you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej8YumsC5VQ

Kalli fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Apr 24, 2017

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Thaddius the Large posted:

I sure hope we're dog posting, ABDP (always be dog posting)

Is this a pug thing? We had one years ago who woke up one day with his tongue hanging out the side of his mouth as well lol.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

We don't know. He is a complete mystery. He was a severely neglected rescue dog. They couldn't age him correctly because his teeth were in such bad shape. The vet figures he is probably a mix between a poodle and maybe a terrier because he has a crazy long tail.

I have had him for about five years now, he is supposed to be 10-11 years old by now but still runs around like a puppy so who knows.

Good on you for rescuing that handsome pup. I don't know how people can neglect animals :(

Bad Moon posted:

That scarf!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Kalli posted:

I also suffer and am trying to decide whether to bite the bullet and get a labradoodle or something similar.

Her parents got a cockapoo and while she deals with it better than most dogs, it's still not as hypoallergenic as they were led to believe. She still has to use her inhaler about once a day and I'm not sure if that has to do with the fact that the dog is only half poodle, that my wife's pet allergies are really bad, or both. Doggo is really cute and super smart though. I think it's worth it but I'm not the one with asthma.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
here's my first doggo, he died in 2007. He died a 16 year old lab.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Good on you for rescuing that handsome pup. I don't know how people can neglect animals :(

It does mean he is the friendliest dog on earth though. Every time people are over he sits on everyone's lap for a few minutes, and then hops onto the next one in a big circle around the room.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Quiet Feet posted:

Her parents got a cockapoo and while she deals with it better than most dogs, it's still not as hypoallergenic as they were led to believe. She still has to use her inhaler about once a day and I'm not sure if that has to do with the fact that the dog is only half poodle, that my wife's pet allergies are really bad, or both. Doggo is really cute and super smart though. I think it's worth it but I'm not the one with asthma.

Yeah, I don't really suffer around dogs anymore, but I had really bad allergies as a kid.

They almost completely cleared up when I moved out of my parent's house though 15 years ago, so I may just not have them anymore. Rough gamble to jump into though. Turns out old musty 100 year old houses have all sorts of hosed up dust and mold in them.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Kalli posted:

Yeah, I don't really suffer around dogs anymore, but I had really bad allergies as a kid.

They almost completely cleared up when I moved out of my parent's house though 15 years ago, so I may just not have them anymore. Rough gamble to jump into though. Turns out old musty 100 year old houses have all sorts of hosed up dust and mold in them.

Yeah I used to be completely incapable of dealing with cats but I have been a lot better the last few years

Dubious posted:

RIP good pupper

Mel Mudkiper fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Apr 24, 2017

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

It does mean he is the friendliest dog on earth though. Every time people are over he sits on everyone's lap for a few minutes, and then hops onto the next one in a big circle around the room.

Dawww, that's so awesome.

Ollie would do the same. Except replace sit with jump and replace lap with

Bastard.

Dubious posted:

RIP doggo! I have always wanted a chocolate lab...one day...

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Is this a pug thing? We had one years ago who woke up one day with his tongue hanging out the side of his mouth as well lol.

I have no idea honestly, but it's a constant. His jaw is slightly deformed on one side, kind of the bulldog-esque lopsided underbite, but even if that weren't the case his tongue seems 2-4 inches too long for his mouth, even by dog standards. All I do know is I never get tired of giving his original owner poo poo for spending $2000 on a purebred puppy, dumping him on me less than 8 months later, and that he turned out to be such a spastic little mutant. Mutts are where it's at, genetic purity is for the weak and malformed.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

I have no idea honestly, but it's a constant. His jaw is slightly deformed on one side, kind of the bulldog-esque lopsided underbite, but even if that weren't the case his tongue seems 2-4 inches too long for his mouth, even by dog standards. All I do know is I never get tired of giving his original owner poo poo for spending $2000 on a purebred puppy, dumping him on me less than 8 months later, and that he turned out to be such a spastic little mutant. Mutts are where it's at, genetic purity is for the weak and malformed.

Did we have the same dog? SAME thing for us. We dropped some good $$$ on this purebred "champion line" pug and he turned out to be allergic to literally everything, blind, def, smelly, rotten teeth and a tongue 4 inches too long for his skull. I'm pretty sure it lost feeling because you could tug on it and flick it and he wouldn't even notice. Other other one was a total mutt and lived to be 16 without a single problem.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Yeah but she is rocking that scarf like a diva

Ha! She just got back from the groomers in that pic. They like to dress her up with bows and scarfs that have seasonally appropriate colors.

Mutts own. Rescue dogs own.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That sounds pretty normal for a purebred, depressingly.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Does Book of Mormon count because it was incredible.

I also like Wicked and Les Mis

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Wicked rules

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Blitz7x posted:

Does Book of Mormon count because it was incredible.

I also like Wicked and Les Mis

Avenue Q is good too. The guy who made Avenue Q was inspired to do so by South Park. Matt and Trey said Avenue Q inspired them to make Book of Mormon.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Dubious posted:

I dunno man, I guess they're alright dogs but I'd be a little creeped out to own a dog that was conceived in a lab.:haw:

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

swickles posted:

Avenue Q is good too. The guy who made Avenue Q was inspired to do so by South Park. Matt and Trey said Avenue Q inspired them to make Book of Mormon.

If you're down with those, Putnam County Spelling Bee is worth a look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I have long believed man created pugs as a breed to show our dominance of nature.

We took a wolf, one of the great terrors of early man, the beast that stole our children from the woods, and we said "let's turn it into a weird slug that can't breathe right"

• Locked thread