Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a patagonian cavy posted:

at the risk of sounding like an idiot (lol I always do) isn't the point of a prove-it deal to prove it and then get a big payday because of how great you are? The man's 32 years old and a running back. Even if he proves it and has a good year, who's gonna break out the checkbook for a 33 year old RB?

I don't know, if he puts up a 1500 yard season he has a pretty good chance of someone paying him pretty well for a couple/three years.

He almost surely won't of course, but that's probably his thought process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Alter Ego posted:

Oh poo poo, I forgot about Tiny White Danny Woodhead Replacement.

I am confused as to why they'd re-sign Bolden then. He's easily the weakest link in that group.

He's apparently a special teams beast and good enough in an emergency.

I can't believe this poo poo, even if Gronk dies again the offense will be better than last year.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It's probably Dion Lewis who goes unless he comes back strong from nothing last year. Considering his fumbling habit, maybe not even then.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Alter Ego posted:

Oh poo poo, I forgot about Tiny White Danny Woodhead Replacement.

I am confused as to why they'd re-sign Bolden then. He's easily the weakest link in that group.

Special teams. He's not really used much on offense.

Basically he's like Future Hall of Famer Matthew Slater, where he has a nominal position on offense but he's more like an emergency option there while he plays special teams.

evilweasel fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Apr 24, 2017

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

evilweasel posted:

Special teams. He's not really used much on offense.

Basically he's like Future Hall of Famer Matthew Slater, where he has a nominal position on offense but he's more like an emergency option there while he plays special teams.

He never really got a chance on offense considering the majority of the carries went to Jeremy Hill and Gio Bernard. He finally got his shot at RB near the end of last year and played really well. He also had to play receiver in 2014 when everyone was injured and Sanu was their #1 receiver and played well there too.

Edit: just realized you were talking about Bolden.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Why are you so dumb Bills?

Kalli posted:

It's probably Dion Lewis who goes unless he comes back strong from nothing last year. Considering his fumbling habit, maybe not even then.

I kinda agree. Out of all the backs on the roster he's the least sure handed, the most fragile and was outplayed by White in the second half of the season.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I just hope Blount catches on somewhere.

How loving weird would it be for a dude to go from 18 touchdowns in a season to 0 because literally nobody believes in him.

No one wants this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG64In_vHYg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfiT3xUPLqM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prpHme87_Es

Oh Kalli, you're just showing flashy highlight videos against like, uh, pretty okay defenses, what about against defenses I consider good like uh, the Seahawks?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gY7WO8NIYY

Kalli fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Apr 24, 2017

Nov 6, 2002

Details on the Amendola paycut:

quote:

Amendola receives $100,000 in the form of a signing bonus.

His base salary of $1.25 million in fully guaranteed.

He has a $50,000 workout bonus.

A total of $300,000 in per-game roster bonuses can be earned ($18,750 per game).

His maximum compensation in 2017 is $1.7 million.

His new cap number is $3.041 million, down from the $7.791 million it would have been in his original contract.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Kalli posted:

How loving weird would it be for a dude to go from 18 touchdowns in a season to 0 because literally nobody believes in him.

He's a good back, he seems like he was actually faster last year.

Is James White going to be good? It seems like they've been trying to make him be the guy forever but they signed two backs already.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The league knows that all players are trash when not on the Patriots. I hope Blount is forced to retire.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

He's a good back, he seems like he was actually faster this year.

Is James White going to be good? It seems like they've been trying to make him be the guy forever but they signed two backs this year.

Blount is old as balls and kind of faded away at the end of the year. He's been a great "thump on tired teams in the 4th quarter" guy, but I'm not surprised they're moving on from him now that he's over 30.

James White looks like Shane Vereen 2.0 - a nice receiving back who will never be an every down workhorse.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Grittybeard posted:

I don't know, if he puts up a 1500 yard season he has a pretty good chance of someone paying him pretty well for a couple/three years.

He almost surely won't of course, but that's probably his thought process.

Yea, I mean fans know that you shouldn't sign a 32 year old running back to a long expensive contract, but do people really expect a player who was very recently the best in the NFL at his position to go "it's cool, I'm old as dirt and probably lovely, nobody pay me"?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/856604815337639936

Word

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Was Blount the leader this year in rushing TDs with 18?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
im dumb

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Apr 25, 2017

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
wrong thread

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

big money big clit posted:

Yea, I mean fans know that you shouldn't sign a 32 year old running back to a long expensive contract, but do people really expect a player who was very recently the best in the NFL at his position to go "it's cool, I'm old as dirt and probably lovely, nobody pay me"?

He originally wanted $8m.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Higher dependency on passing game. Also, more backs that can run out of the shotgun are in the league now, a result of more and more colleges running spread formations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Kalli posted:

No one wants this guy:

I tend to agree, the only thing I can think is the whole boys club of the nfl is at work and he might just be a huge dick head that isn't worth the headache and coaches etc are happy to let people know when asked. I know most of his poo poo has just been weed and throwing punches and he's not a scumbag in terms of what he's actually done, but I would guess the majority of people around the league would be thinking 'do we really want to pay money to a one dimensional running back with a history of getting suspended for flying off the handle and braining someone or getting high or drunk and getting arrested for it who's turning 31?'

I would be fine with it if it came out on the wire that the Panthers were signing him to go with Stewart and Fozzy in Carolina, but it's a pretty deep draft for running backs this year and there's quite a bit in his 'negatives' column.

It's also possible his agent etc is advising him to wait until after the draft, or he might want to wait until training camp opens and someone inevitably goes down injured. The offers are probably quiet until after the draft anyway. Why take a vet minimum contract when someone will throw you a few mill when their bellcow does his acl in the first padded practice of the pre-season?

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Kalli posted:

No one wants this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG64In_vHYg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfiT3xUPLqM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prpHme87_Es

Oh Kalli, you're just showing flashy highlight videos against like, uh, pretty okay defenses, what about against defenses I consider good like uh, the Seahawks?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gY7WO8NIYY

If he wanted to stay in the Patriots (and in the NFL) he should have just signed on the dotted line. After what happened with the Steelers, there is no way any team is going to offer him more than the Patriots did.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/856821555556491264

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/856842885760733186

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Yeah, that'll do

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

my biggest "wew" yet

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Hey guys just so you know AJ McCarron isn't getting traded.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/856857312446775296

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
They love overvaluing people then not giving them contracts. Though they better not extend that idiot...

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Diva Cupcake posted:

Hey guys just so you know AJ McCarron isn't getting traded.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/856857312446775296

If it's possible to overplay your hand during the "leak out ridiculous draft pick valuations to pump up player's stock" phase of trade negotiations, the Bengals just did it.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Gonna miss Blount, I don't like the sound of anyone going to the Giants but I hope they work out a contract and he has a good and fruitful career there (but never goes to another Super Bowl because gently caress the Giants)

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

loquacius posted:

Gonna miss Blount, I don't like the sound of anyone going to the Giants but I hope they work out a contract and he has a good and fruitful career there (but never goes to another Super Bowl because gently caress the Giants)

Well, maybe he'll run himself out of there too when the Patriots need a RB and then go to the super bowl again!

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Blount was very good when:

1) You're up 2 scores late in the game and just want to burn clock, and maybe 1-2 big runs against a totally gassed defense will ice it for you.
2) The other team's run defense is garbo and you just want to have a dude that can truck linebackers who wouldn't be starting in the NFL, but are.
3) It's 3rd and 1 at the goal line and your quarterback doesn't feel like sneaking it or throwing it or whatever.

If you understand that's his role, then he's a good asset. But just don't expect much else, especially at his age.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
This $50 bill? I mean yeah I'd trade it but to be honest I love it so I really think I'd need at least two $100s

Nov 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/NEPD_Loyko/status/856669407971602432

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I'm sending an anonymous tip to the FBI to take Bill Polian into custody

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

How does no one with any power at ESPN see that he's clearly senile and everyone just makes fun of him/doesn't watch the poo poo he's on unless a stupid twitter clip is up?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

LOL.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
My god lol

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Bill Polian belongs in a mental institution

Nov 6, 2002

No Butt Stuff posted:

How does no one with any power at ESPN see that he's clearly senile and everyone just makes fun of him/doesn't watch the poo poo he's on unless a stupid twitter clip is up?

I think at this point it must be to drive twitter mentions or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
If I'm the Patriots I would hold out for another 5th round pick

• Locked thread