Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So wait, CM Punk is going on some silly reality show, and he also might end up getting wrecked again in the UFC?

drat, what a letdown his post-WWE career has been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Strawberry Panda posted:

It has to be CT, right? MoTY.

On the last Challenge episode he said at first he was thinking this one might be his last, but now he feels like he's getting his second wind and he wants to do more. It choked me up a little bit.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Taintrunner posted:

So wait, CM Punk is going on some silly reality show, and he also might end up getting wrecked again in the UFC?

drat, what a letdown his post-WWE career has been.

It's way better than the alternative, him sitting on his couch and doing nothing.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

It's way better than the alternative, him sitting on his couch and doing nothing.

*takes another swig of Kambucha*

I'm...I'm the greatest this city has ever seen.

*burp*

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Miz is better than Punk in every way except getting punched in the face and submitted by Mickey Gall.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Anyone got the gif of the slow motion punch Punk threw at Gall before being taken down?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DoctorGonzo posted:

The Miz is better than Punk in every way except getting punched in the face and submitted by Mickey Gall.

it didn't take The Miz 10 years of fooling around in an abandoned K-mart to figure out how to get the world to hate him.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Punk is the loving best and I'm glad he's doing something he loves

EverettLO
Jul 2, 2007
I'm a lurker no more

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Punk is the loving best and I'm glad he's doing something he loves

Grinding himself down to a nub trying to fit into a sport he has no business in?

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

EverettLO posted:

Grinding himself down to a nub trying to fit into a sport he has no business in?

NEVER GIVE UP

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Chromatic posted:

edit: does anything have that video someone here made of cm punk sparring with some dude and the dude explaning on a podcast how punk was pissed that he was tagged?

wait it was this

https://twitter.com/LegKickTKO/status/768598306624770050

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

EverettLO posted:

i was gonna say "getting punched in the face" but however you want to phrase it :)

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Punk is without question the worst athlete to ever get a UFC contract.

I refuse to call him a fighter because you have to actually get offense first.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

that's forrest griffin talking about the time he fought anderson silva and got obliterated, but punk did even worse than that

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

:stare:

Dan Quinn would absolutely loving destroy Punk.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

LobsterMobster posted:

that's forrest griffin talking about the time he fought anderson silva and got obliterated, but punk did even worse than that

Forrest beat some real good fighters though. Brooks is just pathetic.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

LobsterMobster posted:

maybe so, but the video and audio is now Official Phil "Cm Punk" Brooks Canon

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Chromatic posted:

how long until he's back in wwe? i give it 2 years at this point

I'm sure it has been discussed but I choose to believe that the whole thing is a work to build up a fat Phil M. Brooks return at wrestlemania in a year or 2.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

LobsterMobster posted:

I never saw this when you first made it but you should continue making MMA things forever just imo

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The WwE announcers always made a big deal out of Punks Muay Thai background when he wrestled I just don't understand how he could be so bad

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

oldpainless posted:

The WwE announcers always made a big deal out of Punks Muay Thai background when he wrestled I just don't understand how he could be so bad

it's my understanding that wrestling is Not Real and announcers have the responsibility of selling the illusion of legitimacy to wrestling enthusiasts.

aside from that, fighting is nuanced beyond belief and becoming proficient at the professional level in both striking and grappling at the age of 100 with a lifetime of injuries is actually difficult and requires a lot of time. becoming proficient in both striking and grappling when you start as a child like gall is also difficult and requires a lot of time.

hope this helps.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
It's still real to me dammit. :cry:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ken Shamrock to this day would gently caress CM Punk up and god only knows what Ken Shamrock looks like in 2017

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Ken Shamrock to this day would gently caress CM Punk up and god only knows what Ken Shamrock looks like in 2017

he looks like a 60 year old man who found an unlimited supply of meth and extremely potent steroids

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Total bloodbath then

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
a lot of people who've spent most of their lives training to become good at fighting and are incredibly athletic gifted are not even good enough to cut it in the ufc. every 0-2 guy who washes out was probably the toughest and most skilled guy at his gym, in his neighborhood, in whatever local promotions he was fighting in. and he lost to someone even better, who lost to someone even better, who lost to a guy who was so good that he got a title shot and was promptly crushed by jon jones.

so really it's not that weird that punk sucks.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Marching Powder posted:

it's my understanding that wrestling is Not Real and announcers have the responsibility of selling the illusion of legitimacy to wrestling enthusiasts.

aside from that, fighting is nuanced beyond belief and becoming proficient at the professional level in both striking and grappling at the age of 100 with a lifetime of injuries is actually difficult and requires a lot of time. becoming proficient in both striking and grappling when you start as a child like gall is also difficult and requires a lot of time.

hope this helps.

do you want a

woooooshh

or

durrrrrrr

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
CM Punk is going to follow the career of Tila Tequila at this rate.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Lid posted:

CM Punk is going to follow the career of Tila Tequila at this rate.

I think being a killer android on robot chicken is a pretty good life goal.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

bradzilla posted:

do you want a

woooooshh

or

durrrrrrr

hahaha good call man i should have known that all the wrestling fans in the 140 pages prior to punk's abject humiliation by a young boy were now seasoned combat sports pros with realistic ideas about actual fighting

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Marching Powder posted:

hahaha good call man i should have known that all the wrestling fans in the 140 pages prior to punk's abject humiliation by a young boy were now seasoned combat sports pros with realistic ideas about actual fighting

lmao at trying to be smug about wrestling fans, you look like an even bigger jackass now

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I think being a killer android on robot chicken is a pretty good life goal.

Googled her to see what shes up to

Literally a flat earth literal Nazi antisemite white supremacist

Well

That i didnt expect

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Marching Powder posted:

wrestling is fake, marks :smuggo:

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

bradzilla posted:

lmao at trying to be smug about wrestling fans, you look like an even bigger jackass now

just so we're clear the 100 odd pages believing that punk was unironically supposed to be competitive as a professional fighter were a ruse to trick me into thinking pro wrestling fans were by and large uneducated in the realities of fighting leading me to posting an earnest reply to a seemingly honest question?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Lid posted:

Googled her to see what shes up to

Literally a flat earth literal Nazi antisemite white supremacist

Well

That i didnt expect

Oh yeah she's absolutely batshit crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBzsLxdiRF8

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Wrestling's real

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die

Marching Powder posted:

just so we're clear the 100 odd pages believing that punk was unironically supposed to be competitive as a professional fighter were a ruse to trick me into thinking pro wrestling fans were by and large uneducated in the realities of fighting leading me to posting an earnest reply to a seemingly honest question?

So you didn't read them?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
A kid at my school used to angrily explain that wrestlers were real athletes because of how many concussions they get from willingly jumping onto tables and eventually he wasn't allowed into PE anymore because of it.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Marching Powder posted:

lol what thread are you reading dude? Pretty much all the wrestling fans were agreeing that Punk was going to get his rear end handed to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tila Thiccila

• Locked thread