Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

kiimo posted:

So do the Chiefs. Move up for Mahomes or Watson. I'm gonna lose my poo poo if they stay put and select another goddam defensive lineman when they have ten picks and like three available roster spots outside of QB.

gently caress I can already feel my hatred boiling up yet again.

waiting all week for thursday night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Diva Cupcake posted:

I still think 2 QBs will go in the top 10. Silver says that Hue has no say in the Browns pick and they're actively trying to trade up into the top 10, specifically for Trubisky.

https://twitter.com/BrownsChalkTalk/status/856509371152568320
If Hue doesn't have a say then I hope they hired the football mind he was asking for in that room full of analytics folks.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

No Butt Stuff posted:

waiting all week for thursday night

It's gonna be a offensive lineman

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Please don't trigger

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The Chargers first three picks will be Hooker, Kizer, and an OL

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

fsif posted:

I don't know, assuming you like Trubisky, it sounds like a solid draft plan for the Browns. They stockpiled picks for this exact reason.

The problem is that Mitch "Mitchell" Trubuisky isn't that guy

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The problem is that Mitch "Mitchell" Trubuisky isn't that guy

Oh, I agree. No way you can make it in the NFL with a name like that.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I can't think of a better way to throw away your money than trying to predict the NFL draft, especially when there's no QBs.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Doltos posted:

I can't think of a better way to throw away your money than trying to predict the NFL draft, especially when there's no QBs.

yeah but what if you win!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

On Malik McDowell...

“Worst interview in our room at the combine,” one NFL personnel man said. “Completely sucked the life out of the room. He’s everything that’s wrong with the modern athlete.

“Been entitled his whole life. Not a worker. Doesn’t practice. Asks to be taken out of games all the time. Rolls his ankle and you’d think he had three compound fractures the way that he reacts. It’s hard enough with guys that aren’t (expletive).”

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports...ine/100738052/

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

kiimo posted:

On Malik McDowell...

“Worst interview in our room at the combine,” one NFL personnel man said. “Completely sucked the life out of the room. He’s everything that’s wrong with the modern athlete.

“Been entitled his whole life. Not a worker. Doesn’t practice. Asks to be taken out of games all the time. Rolls his ankle and you’d think he had three compound fractures the way that he reacts. It’s hard enough with guys that aren’t (expletive).”

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports...ine/100738052/
Before the Bills drafted Cordy Glenn in the second, there were a lot of rumors that Glenn couldn't play tackle in the NFL and that he projects much better as a guard. A Bills beat reporter asked Buddy Nix about it, and he chuckled and replied "who do you think put those rumors out there?"

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Apparently Michigan has an OT named Erik Magnuson. That has to be about as bust proof a name/position combo as the league has ever seen.
The Jaguars once had a linebacker named TJ Slaughter

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

OOOOoooof

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/856567329458724864

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

kiimo posted:

So do the Chiefs. Move up for Mahomes or Watson. I'm gonna lose my poo poo if they stay put and select another goddam defensive lineman when they have ten picks and like three available roster spots outside of QB.

gently caress I can already feel my hatred boiling up yet again.
We both know it's a 50/50 shot that they tease with a move up just to take Forest Lamp. It's why I'm just gonna work through the draft this year.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Will lol when the Dolphins end up taking Foster and Peppers 1, 2 and then get caught with big ol' pot of diuretics at team HQ. Plus Tunsil's twitter password

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Urgh

quote:

• Whither Joe Mixon? I’m hearing the Oklahoma running back, who had the 2014 incident of punching a female student in the face, has garnered the most interest from Cincinnati, Minnesota, Green Bay and Jacksonville. I won’t be surprised to see the Bengals take Mixon with the 41st overall pick. Owner Mike Brown has taken chances in the past on players with off-field issues, leaving it to the coaching staff to keep those players in line.

Ted will occasionally take a shot on players with troubled pasts but I'm not comfortable with him doing it for an aggressive and violent person.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

tarbrush posted:

That's not a man with an oiled up head, that's a man sweating bullets that his continued employment rests on the qbs in this draft class.

lol if you think Rick Smith is ever going anywhere

He's the owner's grandson's godfather ffs

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

SKULL.GIF posted:

Urgh

Ted will occasionally take a shot on players with troubled pasts but I'm not comfortable with him doing it for an aggressive and violent person.
I'm equally worried about the Jags taking him at 35 if they pass on a RB in the first.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

SKULL.GIF posted:

Urgh

I'm against woman beating, but aggressive and violent are generally good traits for a football player.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I guess whatever the new hotness to beat a piss test is makes you test as diluted

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Always draft the diluted guy

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
If urinating is a crime, only criminals will urinate

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Peppers' spokesman says he was sick as hell at the Combine and being pumped with fluids which caused the diluted sample

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
are NFL drug tests like parolee drug tests where they watch you pee

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Luigi Thirty posted:

Peppers' spokesman says he was sick as hell at the Combine and being pumped with fluids which caused the diluted sample

the "my twitter account was hacked" of pissing hot

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
FWIW the girl I know who had Jabrill Peppers live with her family said he smoked like all the time every day all day

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

LiquidFriend posted:

We both know it's a 50/50 shot that they tease with a move up just to take Forest Lamp. It's why I'm just gonna work through the draft this year.

Dr. Strangedraft Or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying About a Quarterback and Love Lamp

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I like this analysis

https://twitter.com/andy_benoit/status/856579747903614976

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Doltos posted:

FWIW the girl I know who had Jabrill Peppers live with her family said he smoked like all the time every day all day

Same

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Hard hitting stuff

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

I still think 2 QBs will go in the top 10. Silver says that Hue has no say in the Browns pick and they're actively trying to trade up into the top 10, specifically for Trubisky.

https://twitter.com/BrownsChalkTalk/status/856509371152568320

If the Jets are able to trade down into 12 with the Browns and pick up a 2 plus like a 4 next year I will forgive Macc for drafting Hackenberg.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
The Cardinals will never draft a good QB because the value will never be there.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Amy Pole Her posted:

Hard hitting stuff

You loving need it

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Les Bowen says Eagles have "significant" interest in Corey Davis.

Corey Davis also just retweeted "Future Eagle"

:f5:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

zimbomonkey posted:

You loving need it

Trust me I've said it a million times

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

89 posted:

Les Bowen says Eagles have "significant" interest in Corey Davis.

Corey Davis also just retweeted "Future Eagle"

:f5:

Gimmie

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
How disappointed should I be with the Raiders taking Kevin King?

Because I feel very disappointed.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Casserly made a mock draft where the Browns trade to 4 for Trubiski, and the Jags move back to 12 and get Watson. How would that fly with Jags fans?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Casserly made a mock draft where the Browns trade to 4 for Trubiski, and the Jags move back to 12 and get Watson. How would that fly with Jags fans?
They need to give Bortles one more year.

• Locked thread