Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Colostomy Bag posted:

Some days this thread becomes an absolute fiasco.

Which days is it not a fiasco? Either external crazy, or we have plenty of internal crazy to go around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Derek, as prescribed by the internet law section 521, I demand you immediately delete any doxxier you may have on me, trucutru, which may link my lovely internet persona with my supermodel real life one.

This is your first notice.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

BMan posted:

What do you mean, "some"?

Oh hell, I'll shoot out a number. Ninety-nine out of a hundred.

Edit: Oops, met the inverse.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Spatial posted:

My girlfriend wants this on a T-shirt. :(

Congratulations on the good sex.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

D_Smart posted:

I can't wait for this poo poo-show to collapse. Doxing is nuthin'. Just wait and see what I do to these fuckers one by one. That's why, as I wrote here this morning, I have dossiers on ALL of them. By the time I'm done, doxing will be the least of their worries. They keep forgetting that I'm worse than a dog with a bone, and that I have a long term memory, and also not the forgiving type.

I'm predicting a lot of "THAT'S HIM IN THE WHEELCHAIR !!!" or "THAT'S HER IN THE TOILET CUBICLE I JUST KICKED OPEN !!" coming from this.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

D_Smart posted:

I can't wait for this poo poo-show to collapse. Doxing is nuthin'. Just wait and see what I do to these fuckers one by one. That's why, as I wrote here this morning, I have dossiers on ALL of them. By the time I'm done, doxing will be the least of their worries. They keep forgetting that I'm worse than a dog with a bone, and that I have a long term memory, and also not the forgiving type.
*unsheathes katana*

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
will someone take lenny back behind the shed and tell him hes not allowed to play with us anymore?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Amazing Zimmo posted:

I'm predicting a lot of "THAT'S HIM IN THE WHEELCHAIR !!!" or "THAT'S HER IN THE TOILET CUBICLE I JUST KICKED OPEN !!" coming from this.

Or we could just focus on the crazy people at CIG inspiring all this nonsense and just ignore, laugh at, or communicate with while simultaneously not trying to wreck people's lives because they have a controversial opinion.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

The Titanic posted:

He is probably the most fun to watch because he's probably doing things. Forgot about him. He's my bro. :3

I wonder if he ever Googles himself, and what he thinks. Or if his co workers rib him for his zany Internet presence.

No clue. I have Google Alerts setup for my company, projects etc - and once in awhile - more often than normal - he pops up. Usually after he's in the news (over there) - again.

Guy DeBorgore
Apr 6, 1994

Catnip is the opiate of the masses
Soiled Meat

D_Smart posted:

My favorite is that, me - a famous person (with a security clearance)

i'm screaming

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

The Titanic posted:

Or we could just focus on the crazy people at CIG inspiring all this nonsense and just ignore, laugh at, or communicate with while simultaneously not trying to wreck people's lives because they have a controversial opinion.

I agree, but someone needs to tell this to derek.

Amazing Zimmo fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Apr 25, 2017

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

The Titanic posted:

What a novel idea. I support this completely!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

The Titanic posted:

Are you kidding me? Did you actually read this poo poo that these retards have been doing? :argh:

No mercy.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

D_Smart posted:

It's amazing. They make up poo poo out of whole cloth; just to fit their narrative. My favorite is that, me - a famous person (with a security clearance) - is apparently hiding in plain sight from the cops in North Carolina. When they're not doxing my public tax records, they're digging up my property records, driving infractions etc. Just for the heck of it, because when you have no ammo in an argument over a loving video game, the fallback position is to always make up poo poo, or use some off-kilter bullshit to attack the opponent. Then when I go medieval on their asses, they cry foul.

This is the stuff! This right here is why i love this thread. Mr. Dr. Warlord, phd Smart, king of the internets and high goonlord of the Something Awful forums.

Keeo being awesome.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
Wonder if there's a QCS thread crying about this yet

e: lol yep

Foo Diddley fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Apr 25, 2017

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

D_Smart posted:

No clue. I have Google Alerts setup for my company, projects etc - and once in awhile - more often than normal - he pops up. Usually after he's in the news (over there) - again.

He's probably like a tough as nails, by the books cop, who literally has to break people in different torture methods of Ireland on a daily basis. He's probably the kind of guy built like a freight train, who crushes bottles into his bulky forehead of balding, Sean Connery looking hair.

Meanwhile because of some crazy American whom shares his name, his life is a non stop comedy because he is picked on by his coworkers and the people he arrests just can't take him seriously without giggling even as he's waterboarding them.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This thread is the best thread.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
What do you plan on doing to them Derek?

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

D_Smart posted:

Are you kidding me? Did you actually read this poo poo that these retards have been doing? :argh:

No mercy.

Yeah, you can't fault the guy after they keep bringing his family into this poo poo. Non combatants like that should always be off limits ESPECIALLY when all of this is over a loving vidya game.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Foo Diddley posted:

It got made a few minutes after he posted.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Foo Diddley posted:

e: lol yep

You betcha! These are some seriously basic bitches.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818257

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

Foo Diddley posted:

Well to save bouuurn and I.N.R.I the time and effort...

Hi everyone, just checking in to make sure your eating healthy and getting plenty of sunshine. Oh and your family and friends want you to know that doxxing is bad. Take care.

Did I do that right?

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Derek, why are you obsessed with a crazy woman who thinks Russia is trying to kill her? Do you actually believe what she's tweeting?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

D_Smart posted:

No mercy.

I know, friend.

But you kind of have this... reputation.

You're not really a "person" to them, but more like a mountain. You kind of surpass this average joe kind of personality into something of an infamous celebrity.

Every so often people are there to take a stand against you just because you're like Mt Everest to them. You're going to go after them, and some of them crave this attention, though usually only until they actually get it, then the reality of the situation sets in. They make it personal because they know you'll make it personal back, and they have delusions of either beating you, or becoming a martyr for their cause.

Unfortunately though a video game is a really poo poo mountain to be a martyr on. Especially this one. When you do this, you're giving them what they want.

If I were to give you any advice, which I can't because I am nowhere near your level; but if I could, I'd pursue Reddit to shut down their hate forum about you. They're just festering and giving you reason to attack, and a place for them to socialize over their collective stupidity. Once that's gone, ignore the lot of them. They go after you because they're dying to get a rise or response out of you.

By not allowing them to be a martyr for the cause, or even a talking point in a blog or a single "I see you there!" comment, you'd shut them down and disappoint them without needing to try to wreck lives or make it extra personal.

I wish you luck though. I know you're a nice guy outside of the Star Citizen drama. :)

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Amazing Zimmo posted:

Well to save bouuurn and I.N.R.I the time and effort...

Hi everyone, just checking in to make sure your eating healthy and getting plenty of sunshine. Oh and your family and friends want you to know that doxxing is bad. Take care.

Did I do that right?

You forgot to tell us all to call our parents.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

DapperDon posted:

Yeah, you can't fault the guy after they keep bringing his family into this poo poo. Non combatants like that should always be off limits ESPECIALLY when all of this is over a loving vidya game.

When they do dumb poo poo like this they are yelling really loudly "Notice me senpai, plllleeeeeasssee! I want to be relevant!!!"

It's really horrible and disgusting and they should definitely know better. But this also shouldn't be sensationalized by either side as either attacker or defender.

They are begging for trouble and no doubt they'll get it. Everybody has a brain, and a lot of people are very smart (haha). But where the big differences start to come into play is judgement.

A really smart person with bad judgment is going to be a lot more of a problem and seem dumber than somebody with less intellect but significantly better judgement.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

The Titanic posted:

I know, friend.

You're not really a "person" to them, but more like a mountain. You kind of surpass this average joe kind of personality into something of an infamous celebrity.

Every so often people are there to take a stand against you just because you're like Mt Everest to them. You're going to go after them, and some of them crave this attention, though usually only until they actually get it, then the reality of the situation sets in. They make it personal because they know you'll make it personal back, and they have delusions of either beating you, or becoming a martyr for their cause.

Unfortunately though a video game is a really poo poo mountain to be a martyr on. Especially this one. When you do this, you're giving them what they want.

If I were to give you any advice, which I can't because I am nowhere near your level; but if I could, I'd pursue Reddit to shut down their hate forum about you. They're just festering and giving you reason to attack, and a place for them to socialize over their collective stupidity. Once that's gone, ignore the lot of them. They go after you because they're dying to get a rise or response out of you.

By not allowing them to be a martyr for the cause, or even a talking point in a blog or a single "I see you there!" comment, you'd shut them down and disappoint them without needing to try to wreck lives or make it extra personal.

I wish you luck though. I know you're a nice guy outside of the Star Citizen drama. :)

This is the very best advice I could ever think of giving. Nice job.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Hey guys I just wanted to stop in and let you know that doxxing is bad and unnecessary mmm'kay.

KiowaChief
Jul 12, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Ghostlight posted:

Hey guys I just wanted to stop in and let you know that doxxing is bad and unnecessary mmm'kay.

uh huh

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
:negative:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
i feel grief

e: roombe tax

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Arms_Akimbo posted:

Derek, why are you obsessed with a crazy woman who thinks Russia is trying to kill her? Do you actually believe what she's tweeting?

I hope you're not bad-mouthing my bat-poo poo insane friend, Louise Mensch :grin:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

The Titanic posted:

I know, friend.

Agreed.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

D_Smart posted:

I hope you're not bad-mouthing my bat-poo poo insane friend, Louise Mensch :grin:

Ok good. I was slipping into "c'mon son" territory.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Less overly long screeds and more B'tak please.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

if derek smart goes away star citizen becomes good

its true

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Feeling grief, hollow inside, etc. etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

alf_pogs posted:

if derek smart goes away star citizen becomes good

its true

If Star Citizen goes away does Derek Smart become good?

If Line of Defense goes away does Christopher Roberts become good?

If bunnies goes away does this thread become bad?

If the Titanic sinks does MoMA become Toast?

Unsolved Mysteries intro:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwAG-DnWhiY