Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Keeshhound posted:

It's just some goon theory for explaining the panel since every time it comes up people lose their poo poo over an imaginary billionaire eating steak the wrong way.

That said, I stand by my point about the locale. That chef is earning $10 an hour, tops.
Maybe if Bruce Wayne endorsed a $15 minimum wage, there wouldn't be so many chefs putting their dicks on his steaks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Y'know most countries outside europe and the US really wouldn't care how you eat your steak. Or what you put on your toast, or anything like that.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Savage Dragon #40, Martians failed to invade earth, Dragon deals with the aftermath.

Later that issue, the shrunken villains return to their base to tell their boss what happened

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Savage dragon and Kingdom come are good and I should watch them again.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Bruce spends like a page original two talking steak in Broken City. He grills steak to relax

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Open Marriage Night posted:

Bruce spends like a page original two talking steak in Broken City. He grills steak to relax

If only he did that in Odyssey, as it would be done shirtless

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

bobkatt013 posted:

Odyssey is one of my favorite strange things ever written

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

He was on the phone, talking as Batman to a detective, while in the kitchen grilling. Pretty sure he had a shirt on though.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Oops.

Open Marriage Night fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Apr 26, 2017

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Azubah posted:

Did they finally stop trying to shoe horn them into the mainline DC comics? Because the Grifter comic before was awful.

On the other hand, DCU Midnighter is amazing.

The new Ellis Wild Storm thing is it's own rebooted universe. Any DC stuff is relegated to background mockery.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Haven't really read any Savage Dragon in probably a decade but if nothing else, gotta give Larsen a lot of credit for writing and drawing the book for forever. Also for seemingly continuously creating about an enormous amount of crazy bad guys always impressed me.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

Y'know most countries outside europe and the US really wouldn't care how you eat your steak. Or what you put on your toast, or anything like that.

Not my problem that they're wrong

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

Teenage Fansub posted:

On the other hand, DCU Midnighter is amazing.

The new Ellis Wild Storm thing is it's own rebooted universe. Any DC stuff is relegated to background mockery.

See, the thing about Jenny Sparks here is that it feels like they imply she's some kind of one-person Planetary.

Catfishenfuego
Oct 21, 2008

Moist With Indignation

Lurdiak posted:

Yes, there definitely aren't any countries in South America or Asia obsessed with doing good steak.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

KaosMachina posted:

See, the thing about Jenny Sparks here is that it feels like they imply she's some kind of one-person Planetary.

What the gently caress was even happening in that scene, she was travelling through devices, but only in short jumps?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

FredMSloniker posted:

Am I the only person in this thread who doesn't like the feel of pink meat? It's kind of... rubbery, I guess. If I were to eat at a steakhouse (which I generally don't), I'd get something where the meat was sliced thin; that way it doesn't get carbonized, but it does get fully cooked.

And because I try not to post here without a funny panel, here's one that's even relevant (I found it with GIS, so I dunno what issue it's from, but I assume it's Thor):

Man, Hickman wrote the best Thor.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Soonmot posted:

What the gently caress was even happening in that scene, she was travelling through devices, but only in short jumps?

She's traveling through mixed media, to the point where when she reappears in the "real" world, she still has a can of soda she picked up in a commercial.

Ellis might be picking up on the Jenny arc that Millar and Brubaker were playing with, where a given century's "Jenny" has powers that specifically relate to the abiding concern of the era. She's Jenny Information Traffic.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

That's Quantum, not Sparks.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

You in the wrong neighborhood, motherfucker.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Wanderer posted:

She's traveling through mixed media, to the point where when she reappears in the "real" world, she still has a can of soda she picked up in a commercial.

Ellis might be picking up on the Jenny arc that Millar and Brubaker were playing with, where a given century's "Jenny" has powers that specifically relate to the abiding concern of the era. She's Jenny Information Traffic.

For a second I thought someone had finally put Jenny Everywhere into a major release comic

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Messrs. Simonson and Aaron would like a word.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

haitfais posted:

Messrs. Simonson and Aaron would like a word.

...fair.

Hickman wrote a really good Thor.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.
Fair. Hickman writes lots of things really good.

haitfais fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Apr 26, 2017

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Angrymog posted:

That's Quantum, not Sparks.

Okay, yes, you're right, but I'm also pretty sure they specifically called her Jenny Sparks in previous interviews.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

bobkatt013 posted:

Okay, he's shirtless, but still wears his mask and cowl. Because you never know when you might need to protect your identity.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Soonmot posted:

She can go between any two screens in the same room, or any two screens showing the same thing, or out of any screen she's in. In an time where everyone is checking their phone, that lets her go anywhere.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Wanderer posted:

So Ellis also saw Paprika

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Vincent posted:

So Ellis also saw Paprika

Honestly if you're gonna rip something off, Paprika is a pretty good place to go

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

KaosMachina posted:

Honestly if you're gonna rip something off, Paprika is a pretty good place to go

Worked for Inception

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

And because I posted it elsewhere and it's probably the best Magneto moment.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

KaosMachina posted:

Did they ever explain how he got out?

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Putting the escape hatch in the corner is a big mistake. You should be able to climb up using the walls with some effort, at least enough to get within reaching distance of the ladder. Boo

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

McCloud posted:

I think he exhausted his provisions and was on the verge of an epiphany that Nazism is wrong when Crossbones found him and let him out.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Wheat Loaf posted:

I think he exhausted his provisions and was on the verge of an epiphany that Nazism is wrong when Crossbones found him and let him out.

This was also the original ending to American History X but it didn't test well with audiences.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

McCloud posted:

Poured out all the water and swam to the top.

thetzar
Apr 22, 2001
Fallen Rib

quite stretched out posted:

there's quite a few pages for the full sequence so i'm just going to link the imgur album i found

http://imgur.com/a/vhchN

No one gave you any love for this. Here, have some love for this.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

thetzar posted:

ALL BLACK THE ALL FATHER

THE GOD BUTCHER

THE NECRO THOR

Marvel needs to keep this as a reference for how to do Thor right.

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man

thetzar posted:

Holy crap battle-damage Galactus is sick as hell.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

KaosMachina posted:

I love the lead up to this part because Skull just throws everything he has at magneto and mags more or less just brushes it aside. It's one of the most satisfying beatings in comics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Savidudeosoo posted:

Holy crap battle-damage Galactus is sick as hell.

Did this happen in the 616 universe? If so, I would expect Franklin Richards to show up and kick everyone's asses for bullying his herald.