Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

To be clear: the Israeli​ movie makers didn't invent the doll, it was probably around for decades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigfatdynamo
May 10, 2016

When I'm dead, just throw me in the trash.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

confused that they're cheap for quality leggings? Or do you mean quality unique-looking leggings? Or are my leggings crappier than I think?

I mean, for top quality handmade stuff with neato prints they're cheap as chips. I paid $150 for a pair of donut print butt shorts in the same spandexy material. I can afford to buy like, one pair a year and I've had my oldest ones for 5+ years, never faded or stretched even.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Oh cool there's a whole thread for this poo poo. Anyway sign me the gently caress up for:

High Quality Deer Blood Sexual Powder For Women

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/High-Quality-Deer-Blood-Sexual-powder_917755543.html

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

bigfatdynamo posted:

I mean, for top quality handmade stuff with neato prints they're cheap as chips. I paid $150 for a pair of donut print butt shorts in the same spandexy material. I can afford to buy like, one pair a year and I've had my oldest ones for 5+ years, never faded or stretched even.

Oooh gotcha. I also realized I wasn't translating the $ amounts from AUD to USD, and that made everything sound more expensive. I don't have any BM leggings, I do have a couple handmade pairs of what are essentially burnt velvet knockoffs, but they don't have the same weight or quality. I know that because I do have the black burnt velvet maxi sleeveless dress from BM, and that thing is 1. as heavy as a lot of full-velvet stuff, like curtains, which isn't a problem, even in high summer, because its half mesh and very breathable, and 2. still looks brand new despite being about 4 years old and heavily worn.

Thank you for clarifying, also.

That70sHeidi
Aug 16, 2009
Just got a little package that took NINE DAYS to get here. I can't wait to order from that company again, totally going to save my butt.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

That70sHeidi posted:

Just got a little package that took NINE DAYS to get here. I can't wait to order from that company again, totally going to save my butt.

Yeah my stuff took about 14 days, not too shabby. I can order a bunch of industrial stuff from two blocks away and have it be slower than that.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
the store i got my stuff from is 404ing now, i have shipping info though and it says it made it onto the boat so time will tell

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
Awww yis. Bluetooth shoes are on the way! Li-
http://s.aliexpress.com/YzqQRriY

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

yoloer420 posted:

Awww yis. Bluetooth shoes are on the way! Li-
http://s.aliexpress.com/YzqQRriY

Oh, it's a shoe with a pedometer built in. That's not a completely terrible idea. I've literally gotten pedometers free in cereal boxes, but those couldn't talk directly to my phone so if I wanted my phone to know I would have had to enter it myself like a peasant.

I wonder what it is like to have such completely average/ideal feet that you can confidently mail order shoes.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Well the shoe's ad says it's recommended for people under 90kg so that rules out most goons

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

Facebook Aunt posted:

Oh, it's a shoe with a pedometer built in. That's not a completely terrible idea. I've literally gotten pedometers free in cereal boxes, but those couldn't talk directly to my phone so if I wanted my phone to know I would have had to enter it myself like a peasant.

I wonder what it is like to have such completely average/ideal feet that you can confidently mail order shoes.

It's pretty great. US size 10.5. awww yeah

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I have a few questions.

• is the pedometer powered by a removable battery?
• if so, do you have to remove the entire unit to change it?
• and if so, how much space is left in the shoe?
• does the cavity get hot enough to warm up beef jerky?
• can I get them in yellow and red?
• whatcha gonna do when the Hulkamania runs wild over you?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

isn't a pedometer that thing the court makes you wear to make sure you don't go within 500y of a school

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
Man, I'm so lucky with aliexpress. 10(!)-20 days delivery to europe for most of the poo poo and the seinfeld grips shirt arrived non-smelly!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
aliexpress kicks aaaassss

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I got some stuff in today. The final item from my initial shopping trip, a cool fabric poster for Frankenstein done in German Expressionist style. Also I got the first few of my anniversary sale items in--My jackolantern fridge magnets, and the kooky weather glass I'm giving to my mom for fun on her birthday in July. The magnets are surprisingly strong for being just doofy fridge ones. The poster is dope af, and they included poster stickies with it, but I'd rather frame it.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Been spinning the poo poo out of this thing that somebody posted earlier in the thread: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Whi...2794207662.html

I never really knew I needed something to fiddle with until I started fiddling with something. One of the little plastic grommets keeps popping out every now and then, but other than that I like it!

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009
My obsession with AliExpress continues with a big delivery today. Some bunny stickers and a nail stamping plate for my friend, two cheap necklaces for me, and these two scrubbing things that are supposed to get built up grease and grime off the bottom of stainless steel pans (http://tinyurl.com/m8vc6a6). Haven't had a chance to try them yet, but for 60 cents it was worth a shot.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
those things are awesome, but you MUST wear gloves. They are made of fiberglass, if you do not wear gloves you will get FIBER GLASS in your HANDS

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

I ordered some underwear from a seller on AE. Most of it was similar to the pair posted earlier in the thread, except with cute patterns printed on the fabric. My takeaways:

-They really are cotton - they shrink in the laundry!
-Comfortable and true to the size chart (before laundry shrinkage, ofc.)
-The cotton pairs are sturdy!
-Lacy pairs are comparable in quality to what you'll find at teen fashion stores like Forever 21, Rue 21, or Charlotte Russe - I literally already own a pair I ordered with a tag saying "Charlotte Russe". Same fabric, same cut, etc. That's cool, except those pairs tend to fall apart after a few wears. :saddowns: But it's less than half the price of buying it from those stores, so I can live with it.

I bought from this seller, F&M Underwear.

I also bought this dress from Nice-Forever during the sale. It's actually really good - the fabric is a nice stretchy cotton blend, and it looks nice on me. I'm super into it!

That said, I only mention it because I saw this dress at Target made of a thin, scratchy polyester fabric that costs twice as much. It's the same cut and everything, it just has little rabbits on the lapels and the fabric is garbage!!

So, I'd really recommend the AE dress over the Target one. It turns out if you go up one price tier on AE on clothing, you end up with a really reasonable department-store level of quality. :)

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
Got some more stuff in the mail yesterday:

This amazing jersey

It's much more purple in real life so I feel like a Saints Row character but a 3xl comfortably fits my goonish figure.

And a :nws: vagina ice cube mold :nws: that was featured earlier in the thread. I haven't made any vagina ice cubes yet, though.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I've been buying bunches of cheap novelty stationery to give out at work, it's mostly been a huge hit but I think I'm gonna pass on bringing in this one for obvious reason.

aquaper
Apr 3, 2009
Arbeit macht frei: https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32714585637.html#autostay

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Pick posted:

those things are awesome, but you MUST wear gloves. They are made of fiberglass, if you do not wear gloves you will get FIBER GLASS in your HANDS

Scouring pads cost like exactly the same and will not gently caress you up just touching them, what the gently caress yall

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Apr 26, 2017

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Well the zero orders are reassuring.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Scouring pads cost like exactly the same and will not gently caress you up just touching them, what the gently caress yall

These things are magic. However they are a scary magic. Wear gloves.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I've never had anything burned onto a stainless steel pan that I couldn't fix by boiling some water with salt or baking soda mixed in with it for a bit to loosen all the crud up, and as an added bonus that boiling water does a great job cleaning out your sink and drain/disposal. Also you don't have to worry about tiny shards of glass being lodged in the densest cluster of nerve endings outside of your erogenous zones.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

like what if some of the fiberglass sticks to the pan after you scrub it.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

dentist toy box posted:

like what if some of the fiberglass sticks to the pan after you scrub it.

put it in the dish wash er

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Pick posted:

put it in the dish wash er

If I could afford a dishwasher I wouldn't be buying panties off of Aliexpress.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis
After seeing this thread, I started ordering stuff. Most of what I ordered happened to be some bootleg lego.

Darth Malgus minifig

It looks pretty good. The quality is decent, except that the arms are a little stiff and the hands don't grasp well.

minifig weapons

These weapons are pretty high quality. The only problem was that the mortar had a couple pieces missing.

Imperial mini-walker

The pieces of this set hold together well and everything was included. I compared one of the minifig guns included with the set with the same design from a regular lego set. They're nearly identical. There were only a couple minor differences between them. The minifig that came with this set has an issue with the body and legs not staying attached well. Good set otherwise.

Minifig accessories

I bought some shields and torso covers. The pieces are high quality and just as good as regular lego pieces. It doesn't seem like the store has them in stock, but I imagine someone is probably selling similar pieces.

I didn't just buy fake lego pieces, but I thought the fake lego pieces were the most interesting of the things I bought.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Pick posted:

Otter guy??

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009

Pick posted:

Well that's really, really good to know. Thanks for the helpful, fingers-saving tip.

Guy Mann posted:

I've never had anything burned onto a stainless steel pan that I couldn't fix by boiling some water with salt or baking soda mixed in with it for a bit to loosen all the crud up, and as an added bonus that boiling water does a great job cleaning out your sink and drain/disposal.

It's mostly on the outside of the pan, not on the food touching part. I will try baking soda and lemon juice before trying the fiberglass sticks. If anything, they'll work really well on the drip pans on the gas stove. gently caress those things.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

did you try steel wool? we cleaned up the grody drip pans on the electric stove here (the previous renters didn't clean them very well either lol) with steel wool and long soapy soaks; the bottoms of our pans are kinda gross too so maybe that would help..... hmm....

I can't wait to order stuff once we move, I have a bunch of poo poo in my wishlist to buy for the kitchen (not for food) and the bathroom :neckbeard:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Pick posted:

There are many reviews from people who didn't know.

Feels very evil.

Someone has heard the cries of the glassed and developed a holder that is supposed to make it more comfortable. Costs twice as much though. Ain't nobody gonna pay that much.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mag...2755105678.html

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Facebook Aunt posted:

Feels very evil-1st.

Guy Mann posted:

If I could afford a dishwasher I wouldn't be buying panties off of Aliexpress.

If I had a dishwasher I wouldn't need fiberglass scrubbers.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
They really do get off stuff nothing else can. I've refurbished Guardian aluminum cookware from the 70s with them, they're unlike anything else. Just go to Dollar Tree and get some rubber gloves and you're fine.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
user pics:

helpful for this:

magical for this:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Pick posted:

So is getting fiberglass in your throat and mouth better? Like how do you not ingest that stuff in some way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

King Vidiot posted:

So is getting fiberglass in your throat and mouth better? Like how do you not ingest that stuff in some way?

It rinses right off. Never had a problem.