Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I have long believed man created pugs as a breed to show our dominance of nature.

We took a wolf, one of the great terrors of early man, the beast that stole our children from the woods, and we said "let's turn it into a weird slug that can't breathe right"

Don't forget, if they sneeze too hard their eye can pop out. I don't know if that's just a pug-owner urban legend, I'm still wary of it. Little fuckers have their revenge though, their anal glands need to be palpated every so often or they'll spread a rotten fish stench all over the upholstery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Dubious posted:

here's my first doggo, he died in 2007. He died a 16 year old lab.

What a champion. Labs are the perfect creation

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

That sounds pretty normal for a purebred, depressingly.

A purebred pug sure. My uncle raised collies for years and they all seemed to be super healthy and friendly and awesome.

The ones he kept did get to run around on a farm and do a little herding work so maybe that had something to do with things.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I have long believed man created pugs as a breed to show our dominance of nature.

We took a wolf, one of the great terrors of early man, the beast that stole our children from the woods, and we said "let's turn it into a weird slug that can't breathe right"

Behold, from the line of Smilodon Fatalis

I know domesticated cats didn't come from sabertooth tigers

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Apr 25, 2017

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Real talk if you want to see a cat humanity created for its own amusement check out dwarf cats

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Kalli posted:

Wait, seriously I missed musicals chat?

I mean, I love Les Mis, both the original London and Broadway casts, 1776 is a lot of fun, especially the movie version. Camelot I loved as a kid, but I think it's probably faded a bit over time. Jesus Christ Superstar is really fantastic. The 70's version is definitely more about Black rights with how it potrays Judas while the 2000's version is more about the issues of aging homosexuals trying to maintain relevance around a bunch of young kids. Loved Hair and Hairspray, and watched A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum like dozens of times as a kid.

Never liked the loving "rustic" musicals like Oklahoma, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, poo poo like that. I think I just have no attachement to romantic views of the old west though.
The London cast of Les Mis is pretty much the defining, classic musical in my eyes. It's perfect up and down. It sucks that Les Mis is such an easy answer to "what's your favorite musical" but it really does stand a league above almost everything else.

Also shout out to hating Oklahoma and somesuch. I appreciate it for it's place in history but if I never saw those musicals again, it would be too soon.

Rent is also very bad and I'm mad it ever became a thing. gently caress RENT.

Blitz7x posted:

Does Book of Mormon count because it was incredible.

I also like Wicked and Les Mis
Book of Mormon is a legit musical masterpiece.

swickles posted:

Avenue Q is good too. The guy who made Avenue Q was inspired to do so by South Park. Matt and Trey said Avenue Q inspired them to make Book of Mormon.
I think they all worked together. Also the people behind Avenue Q helped put together the musical episode of Scrubs.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Hamilton great. Rent bad. Guys and Dolls probably the best.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Dubious posted:

i can't have a dog because i am not home enough to give one proper love so therefore i have two cats and they're loving assholes

Please post cat pictures. tia

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Shangri-Law School posted:

Hamilton great. Rent bad. Guys and Dolls probably the best.

The best what? Cuz I know you ain't talking musicals. (It's great, though).

Still gotta watch Hamilton...

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Dancer in the dark and pennies from heaven :colbert:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Also once, gently caress yeah once

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

MrLogan posted:

Not a good picture, but the only one I've gotten of the two of them together, this is the closest they've come to a cessation of hostilities since the dog moved in 18 months ago.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

MrLogan posted:

ok, here is mommy's little shitheads

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Chromatic, you are retweeting a lot of Steve Austin today. Are you okay? Do you need some whoop rear end?

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

My little rear end in a top hat Reese (like the peanut butter cup)

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
we postin cattes itt?!

collage my wife made of Jasmine, our kitty who suddenly passed away last month. She was weird as poo poo but the sweetest drat cat.

This is Riley. As I was posting this he sprinted onto the patio to catch a bird but sprinted back into the house when it flew away. Because that scared him.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

No Irish Need Imply posted:

The best what? Cuz I know you ain't talking musicals. (It's great, though).

Still gotta watch Hamilton...

It's not my favorite (that'd be Les Mis), but it's chock-full of classics and great in every aspect. I'd consider it the quintessential musical.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Shangri-Law School posted:

It's not my favorite (that'd be Les Mis), but it's chock-full of classics and great in every aspect. I'd consider it the quintessential musical.
Definitely, my man! :hfive:

Also it's a movie musical and very not traditional but I remembered how awesome An American in Paris is the other day. The closing number alone, ooooooo.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

hamilton is trash

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

In a period of incomparable creative bankruptcy in musical theatre I cannot really criticize Hamilton which is at least an original concept in form and execution

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I don't wanna see Hamilton because it seems like the kind of thing that's trying to trick me into learning something. :colbert:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Quiet Feet posted:

I don't wanna see Hamilton because it seems like the kind of thing that's trying to trick me into learning something. :colbert:

it's basically glee plus an american history color book

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

This is Stormy but he ran away :(

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

it's basically glee plus an american history color book

wow someone's mad they didnt get a second audition

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

wow someone's mad they didnt get a second audition

actually im about to apply for PA school

one day you'll be on my OR table and when no one's looking I'll slice an artery and as everyone scrambles to figure out why your blood pressure is dropping so quickly i'll lean next to your ear and whisper dude, it's prom

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

FizFashizzle posted:

one day you'll be on my OR table and when no one's looking I'll slice an artery and as everyone scrambles to figure out why your blood pressure is dropping so quickly i'll lean next to your ear and whisper dude, it's prom

50ccs of gluten, stat!

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

FizFashizzle posted:

This thread is really good sometimes.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

FizFashizzle posted:

You honestly think no one will notice the giant pool of arterial blood?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

swickles posted:

If Fiz can't distract one small OR with his spectacular rear end, what's that diet for?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

swickles posted:

listen you used an OR scenario to make an ephebophilia joke don't loving judge me

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

swickles posted:

ugh pack it up dad's here

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

swickles posted:

the first part of his plan is to get Joe Thornton, Joe Pavelski and Patrick Marleau to distract the other people in the OR.

a three-headed Shark attack

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Spoeank posted:

the first part of his plan is to get Joe Thornton, Joe Pavelski and Patrick Marleau to distract the other people in the OR.

a three-headed Shark attack

get this hockey poo poo out of here

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

No joke I saw three-headed shark attack on netflix and was like "How ironically would I be willing to watch this?"

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

No joke I saw three-headed shark attack on netflix and was like "How ironically would I be willing to watch this?"

its bad dont

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

its bad dont

Do you get eaten by the three headed shark and if so whats the time stamp

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Do you get eaten by the three headed shark and if so whats the time stamp

not gonna spoil

i also don't know how this forum never picked up on +1

that movie has way more ridiculous scenes with me in them

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

not gonna spoil

i also don't know how this forum never picked up on +1

that movie has way more ridiculous scenes with me in them

It doesn;t stand out like "atlanta zombies" or "Three headed shark attack"

I figured it was a teenage sex comedy but now imdb is telling me there is something about a meteor and a space virus?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

It doesn;t stand out like "atlanta zombies" or "Three headed shark attack"

I figured it was a teenage sex comedy but now imdb is telling me there is something about a meteor and a space virus?

nyt loving loved it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tN0Bl7L-GE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

FizFashizzle posted:

PA's can do surgery? That's interesting!

• Locked thread