Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Awesome! posted:

rory mcilroy golf is real bad right

It's not bad, per se, just not really exciting. It's perfectly serviceable golf. There's a battlefield 4 course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

poo poo, Outlast 2 tomorrow! I didn't even realize that. I know goons hate Outlast but I loving loved it so I'm pretty stoked.

bloodychill posted:

Word to the wise. If you end up in veniveniveni's voice chat party, make him do his anime/Nier:A voice for you.

Lol I'll only do it for people who haven't played it because it's not actually a very good impression :v:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

poo poo, Outlast 2 tomorrow! I didn't even realize that. I know goons hate Outlast but I loving loved it so I'm pretty stoked.

Lol I'll only do it for people who haven't played it because it's not actually a very good impression :v:

lovely impressions are the best though.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bloodychill posted:

Word to the wise. If you end up in veniveniveni's voice chat party, make him do his anime/Nier:A voice for you.

Lol

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Real hurthling! posted:

You can be yangus in mp

It just ain't the same, guv

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
The Japanese version of Puyo Puyo Tetris got a patch. It doesn't include an english text option :(

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
So after reading a few recent pages of this thread I need to clarify something:

Nier Automata, a game from the creator of Drakengard, has a good plot? And not just a laughably insane dumb mess that ends with space babies and F-15s?

And the combat is good?

And it's not a nightmarish 'get upgrade fifty different weapons to get the real ending' grind?

Is this all accurate or is this like the time Bioshock Infinite was getting inexplicably praised for its ending?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Basically yeah tho it isn't the first time as Nier 1 also had a good plot

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

You don't need to grind to get the real ending.

The combat is all right but it is not as developed as you think it might be for a Platinum game.

The plot is good and ends well

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Wolfsheim posted:

Nier Automata, a game from the creator of Drakengard, has a good plot? And not just a laughably insane dumb mess that ends with space babies and F-15s?

And the combat is good?

The die hard character action guys will say it's all bland but I thought it was just fine. I liked how the chips, pod programs and weapons let you find and create a style you liked, even if the combat itself wasn't very difficult. Game doesn't beat you up every fight with Z rank because you're not a character action game savant. Plot and stuff is definitely not a dumb mess. Pretty slow start but gets more and more interesting as you progress.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Wolfsheim posted:

So after reading a few recent pages of this thread I need to clarify something:

And the combat is good?

And it's not a nightmarish 'get upgrade fifty different weapons to get the real ending' grind?

Is this all accurate or is this like the time Bioshock Infinite was getting inexplicably praised for its ending?

You're a little behind the times. None of Yoko Taro's work has been remotely as stilted or trollish as the first Drakengard.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Oxxidation posted:

You're a little behind the times. None of Yoko Taro's work has been remotely as stilted or trollish as the first Drakengard.

You say that, but Drakengard 3's writing was so much like The Dark Id's general style of LP'ing comments that there's a high chance he's trolling Something Awful and TDI directly with it :tinfoil:.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You say that, but Drakengard 3's writing was so much like The Dark Id's general style of LP'ing comments that there's a high chance he's trolling Something Awful and TDI directly with it :tinfoil:.

I kinda felt a large portion of that game was in fact trolling the audience.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

tho keep in mind that drakengard 2 wasn't directed by him

it's bad even by drakengard standards since it losses the charm of the insane bullshit plot of the first one without gaining anything from it in return

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

At the very least, Yoko Taro has now had 7 years of being known for a flawed but decent game with an excellent story

Nier Automata is as good a story and also more fun to play.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
Thanks thread. I got Horizon. It seems cool and tuned assuming you sick at games. Maybe I will be a Yakuza man next or a puyo.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
yakuza is good if you just want to smash faces into concrete and maybe play crane games in an arcade

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
That FF15 farming video posted earlier today is great, thanks!

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

loudog999 posted:

My brother had my account setup on his PS4 as primary so we could share games. He just broke up with his girlfriend and she sold the ps4. What do I have to do to make sure that my account is safe? I have deactivated all devices through the website and changed my password, will that prevent the new guy from using my account to buy stuff?

Did she steal the PS4 and sell it, or was it hers?

If you're worried about your account, call Sony.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Stagger_Lee posted:

Thanks thread. I got Horizon. It seems cool and tuned assuming you sick at games. Maybe I will be a Yakuza man next or a puyo.

I think Horizon errs on the side of being a little too easy on Normal. Very Hard was the sweet spot for me, but all gamers and their sensibilities are welcome here.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Billy Gnosis posted:

The Japanese version of Puyo Puyo Tetris got a patch. It doesn't include an english text option :(

Ah, disappointing! I saw the patch got a lot of changes, but the change list is of course in Japanese....

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Out of curiosity, what's the current status of Astro mixamps on the PS4? Are they a thing people use?

edit: I'm most interested in Dolby headphone functionality but with my existing headphones, and I don't know anything else that can do that on the PS4. It's just an idle interest, I'm otherwise satisfied with my Soundblaster X G5 for that, which does 3D sound via its own proprietary software on the PC but not the PS4. Or is the Dolby headphone standard just completely passe and worthless?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Apr 25, 2017

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Anora posted:

Did she steal the PS4 and sell it, or was it hers?

If you're worried about your account, call Sony.

From what I can gather they both paid for it and he let her have it when he moved out. I'll contact them after work just to play it safe. Thanks

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Quantum of Phallus posted:

from its name alone I'm assuming it's another pretentious and boring walking simulator that the nerds over at RockPaperShotgun will lap up

I'm really only giving it a thought because I liked Unfinished Swan when I got it on PS+.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Eurogamer liked it and I like walking sims so gently caress it, full speed ahead

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what is the best car game for ps4?

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
Prey demo incoming on Thurs, looks like it might actually be good?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

DoctorGonzo posted:

Rocket League

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

DoctorGonzo posted:

Despite it's terrible launch, Driveclub is a fairly good casual racer (realisticish, but not a sim). It leans heavily into online/community stuff and I doubt that's well populated any more, but you can usually get it really cheap.

Trackmania Turbo is a more of a time-trial thing than a racer, it's OK, I got bored of it pretty quick though.

Ummm.... the last F1 was fairly well reveived if that's your kind of thing. Ditto the last Dirt, if that's your kind of thing.

I haven't played Project Cars so don't know how the PS4 version is. I get the feeling it's more of a PC thing though.

For good arcade racers the system isn't exactly spoiled for choice, but I like Need For Speed Rivals and still play it now and then even though it's a few years old.

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Apr 25, 2017

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

DoctorGonzo posted:

Dirt Rally is really good if you want realistic driving model and like beating track records. If you just want to drive against other cars some other games are better.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

DoctorGonzo posted:

Sakurazuka posted:

Rocket League

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wipeout Collection is the only good car game coming out soon

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Is Need for Speed good?

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Sefal posted:

Is Need for Speed good?

Haven't played the latest one, but is supposed to be mediocre. Good graphics and potentially fun, but not much to it and a lot of cheesy FMV to sit through (which can be a plus for some). Rivals is solid dumb arcade racer fun, but a little dated and still a poor alternative to Forza Horizon.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
While I shouldn't be surprised by it I'm still salty that Xbox has two standard Forza titles plus a Horizon one while we don't have anything Gran Turismo yet.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Schremp Howard posted:

While I shouldn't be surprised by it I'm still salty that Xbox has two standard Forza titles plus a Horizon one while we don't have anything Gran Turismo yet.

you can apply for the closed beta

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I'm more upset that Forza is exclusive because it's better than Turismo.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Do any of those have split screen?

Forza is the only thing I miss having gone from 360 to ps4. It's so good.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Gravy Jones posted:

Despite it's terrible launch, Driveclub is a fairly good casual racer (realisticish, but not a sim). It leans heavily into online/community stuff and I doubt that's well populated any more, but you can usually get it really cheap.
Driveclub works and has been for ages), cheap unless you want the DLC, feels good and still looks pretty as all gently caress. Even with PS4's Direct-To-Youtube compression the game is still pretty as gently caress.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4GLxZWYahQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

DoctorGonzo posted:

Sakurazuka posted:

Rocket League