Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
Jezza is the Nat who got parachuted into the NSW Greens and is doing a fantastic job of making GBS threads up the place.

This pug is another of capitalisms victims. Capitalism, not even once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY

Bogan King posted:

Jezza is the Nat who got parachuted into the NSW Greens and is doing a fantastic job of making GBS threads up the place.

Whatever happened to that Libertarian that ran as a Green?

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Ora Tzo posted:

Whatever happened to that Libertarian that ran as a Green?

Richard Di Natale? He's running it now.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Bogan King posted:

Richard Di Natale? He's running it now.

:popeye:

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Another building developer (of apartments this time) is going kaboom. That sound you hear is the housing bubble.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Double triple quadruple down on the stupid!
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/apr/25/peter-dutton-demands-apology-media-manus-controversy

"Peter Dutton has demanded an apology from the media for their reporting on the origins of a violent disturbance on Manus Island two weeks ago and reiterated his claim that the violence was connected with an incident when a five-year-old boy was led into the island’s detention centre."

Mah feelings says King Potato, shedding crocodile tears.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
When you've even got convicted racist Andrew Bolt telling you to prove your claim that asylum seekers were to blame, you know that you've hosed up.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

DancingShade posted:

Double triple quadruple down on the stupid!
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/apr/25/peter-dutton-demands-apology-media-manus-controversy

"Peter Dutton has demanded an apology from the media for their reporting on the origins of a violent disturbance on Manus Island two weeks ago and reiterated his claim that the violence was connected with an incident when a five-year-old boy was led into the island’s detention centre."

Mah feelings says King Potato, shedding crocodile tears.

Yes but he has secret information that you're not aware of, so you should just believe that he's right and apologise. A politician would never lie, plus he's an ex qld copper and they can always be trusted.

Bloody hell, we need Clarke and Dawe now more than ever.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Annie Lennox looking a little rough.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

The SMH posted:

Three people have been arrested during a "wild night in Coogee" during which police were pelted with bottles and surrounded by a crowd of up to 50 young people brawling on the eve of Anzac Day.

The three males - aged 14, 16 and 21 - are being questioned at Maroubra Police Station and are expected to be charged over the violent disturbance in Goldstein Reserve on Arden Street, in front of Coogee Beach, on Monday night.

Police said they were initially called to the park about 11pm to reports that two girls were fighting.

A NSW Police spokeswoman said when the officers from the Eastern Beaches Local Area Command arrived at the park, they found the girls involved in a scuffle.

As the officers attempted to separate the pair, they were allegedly surrounded by a large group of teenagers who began brawling.

The spokeswoman said bottles were thrown at police when they attempted to disperse the crowd. One officer was struck in the head with a bottle and was treated by NSW Ambulance paramedics.

Police called for urgent back-up from neighbouring police commands, and a large number of police cars descended on the area.

One witness said there were "people everywhere" in the park opposite the Coogee Bay Hotel, with "cops and ambulances everywhere".

Justin Taunton, a Burwood Councillor, was in Coogee at the time and posted footage on Twitter of police cars lining Arden Street just before 12.30am on Tuesday.

He said he had earlier seen "lots of drunk teenagers" wandering the streets, and said the disturbance would probably be "wrongly blamed on the pubs".

A number of cars parked on Arden Street also were damaged during the incident.

Police said the three males arrested over the incident are expected to be charged with assaulting police, resisting arrest, offensive behaviour and malicious damage.

:itwaspoo:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Maybe someone ordered the ice cream?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/fazmuffin/status/587903840625659904

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
normally balding blokes who shave their heads look better for it but somehow dutton has come out looking even more potato-like

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
okay so someone told us that "greens" is an acronym but we can't work it out because the greens don't stand for anything

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

okay so someone told us that "greens" is an acronym but we can't work it out because the greens don't stand for anything

well, gently caress the poor and accept money from the rich were both already taken so what else is there?

Kafka Syrup
Apr 29, 2009

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

This is too witty for Labor Right to come up with.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
I don't understand this. The Greens have pretty strong stances on a whole bunch of things. They usually take the strongest stances compared to the major two :confused:

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

AgentF posted:

I don't understand this. The Greens have pretty strong stances on a whole bunch of things. They usually take the strongest stances compared to the major two :confused:

It's almost as if they just took something from page 61 of Dad's Greatest Insults and used it like a blunt instrument against a party they don't like.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
First Dog:

https://twitter.com/cathywilcox1/status/855916617699475457?s=09

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Hello I am ALP and I stand for Always Liberal-Parrot. :downs:

I make memes, me.

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?
Today I learned that ANZAC day is about 'our freedom'.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Kafka Syrup posted:

This is too witty for Labor Right to come up with.

This guy gets it.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Mr Chips posted:

ANZAC day is just a giant garbage bin of mixed messages by this point. It serves no honest purpose.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

starkebn posted:

ANZAC day is just a giant garbage bin of mixed messages by this point. It serves no honest purpose.

Are you saying that it is NOT fresh in our memories?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Mr Chips posted:

Our freedom to invade a sovereign nation and fail miserably.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Or freedom to do exactly what the British tell us to do.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

thatbastardken posted:

Or freedom to do exactly what the British USA now tells us to do.

FTFY.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
I hope we get dragged into the NK war. I was just thinking there's not enough things for us to spend our tax dollars on.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Starshark posted:

I hope we get dragged into the NK war. I was just thinking there's not enough things for us to spend our tax dollars on.

What about social services for the poor and under employed hahahahahahahaha sorry, drat social conscious

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

SBS News posted:

A man has been charged with offensive behaviour after he allegedly yelled out during the period of silence at Sydney's Anzac Day dawn service.

The 32-year-old man was heard repeatedly chanting "stop the war" during the sombre moment in Martin Place about 5.15am on Tuesday.

Police arrested the man for "behaving inappropriately" shortly after the service.

He was charged with "behave in offensive manner in/near public place and resist officer in execution of duty after he yelled offensively during the dawn service", a police spokeswoman told AAP.

The man was granted conditional bail to appear at Downing Centre Local Court on May 18.

On Monday, a war memorial in Melbourne was defaced with anarchist symbols and anti-war slogan "War is Murder".

The red paint was scrubbed off the brick monument outside Warrandyte RSL in the city's north ahead of Tuesday's commemorations.

Thankfully when we repeal 18c people will be speech will truly be free and this Hero will be rewarded for speaking truth to power.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Bogan King posted:

Thankfully when we repeal 18c people will be speech will truly be free and this Hero will be rewarded for speaking truth to power.

Wait its offensive to say "stop the war" now?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

NPR Journalizard posted:

Wait its offensive to say "stop the war" now?

It's offensive to say anything that disagrees with MY opinion but it's ok to disagree with YOURS.

Basically.

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

"That's why I put up with it."
Next you'll tell me we shouldn't protest at funerals either! PC gone mad!

IE: a moment of silence in respect to people killed in war is pretty much the exact opposite of glorifying war so shouting slogans during it is actually stupid and offensive.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

Should they be able to arrest you for it though?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

meteor9 posted:

Next you'll tell me we shouldn't protest at funerals either! PC gone mad!

IE: a moment of silence in respect to people killed in war is pretty much the exact opposite of glorifying war so shouting slogans during it is actually stupid and offensive.

Yes, we must continue to fetishize Are Military.

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

"That's why I put up with it."

Starshark posted:

Yes, we must continue to fetishize Are Military.

The moment of silence is entirely in line with the original intention of ANZAC day being about the fruitlessness of war and the losses involved. Fetishization my rear end.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Fetishization is definitely what happens now though. Original intent be drat. Of course poo poo happens.

Bogan King fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Apr 25, 2017

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

meteor9 posted:

The moment of silence is entirely in line with the original intention of ANZAC day being about the fruitlessness of war and the losses involved. Fetishization my rear end.

LOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Are troops are heroes when convenient but once we're done with them they can just gently caress off to Centrelink like all the other peasants.

• Locked thread