Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

quote:

I pulled her back and told her to stop. It was just pointless. Then she pulled her arm back and said "you junkie piece of poo poo" and "you are still such a loving addict" and left.
She didn't start hurling the junkie insults until he started manhandling her, so I'm kind of assuming the whole situation was worse than he was letting on. :shrug:

Like yeah, slip ups happen, but he doesn't acknowledge at all that locking yourself in your apartment and blazing for an entire day isn't the healthiest coping response. Neither is grabbing your girlfriend in a fit of anger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Still stunned at that absolute retard considering staying with his 5mo gf who got drunk and banged two guys on holiday.

How is it possible to even consider for one millisecond that's a good idea unless your brain is full of lead deposits

pussy drought

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Elsa posted:

pussy drought

she wasn't even putting out for him tho haha, which is why the story just felt like a redpill spankbank.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

ArbitraryC posted:

she wasn't even putting out for him tho haha, which is why the story just felt like a redpill spankbank.

yeah she's his best chance of getting laid

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

He needs good friends to mock him for even considering it. Reddit's kneejerk therapy wouldn't fix that broken. 

I want to be his irl friend so i can mock him for at least a decade. 

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Apr 25, 2017

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Maria Bamford! I don't know why Pick reminds me of her.

Content:

My [32F] BF [33M] has declared no further education. Red flag?

u/lolwutdafuqbro

TL:DR Bf of 6+ years rejects the idea of additional schooling, declines a trade school unless he gets tired of his life. Unsure if new thing. Giant red flag?

BF- attended some college classes, didn't get far before dropping out so he has a HS diploma, that's it. He's brilliant, no known learning disabilities. I knew he'd dropped out within the first few months of the relationship, but he had a comfortable job so it didn't appear to be a problem. He no longer has that job due to a failed random drug test. He knew they did random drug tests but continued to smoke mj very heavily due to leg pain. We cannot survive financially unless he has a significant ($14+/hr) income. We've lived together for 4 years now.

Me- On my third (!) Associates, this time in hopefully something that I won't need to back out of, which is Cybersecurity. (I'm aware that a third one is probably not the greatest thing to have in the world. In my defense, I was very young and foolish when I first hosed up my life, and was in an abusive relationship but didn't know it yet. That's now over, but I burned a lot of bridges.) I'm very pro-trades, I think Mike Rowe has the right idea, I have zero expectation out of BF besides gainful, profitable employment. He doesn't need a college degree for that, my brother (31) is proof of that. (Industrial maintenance.)

This all came about as I was cooking meal prep for the week, I asked BF "have you given any additional thought to school?" We had discussed it about a month ago, he mentioned he'd been thinking about dabbling in computer sciences again. (What he was originally going to school for.) His answer was "I'm not doing school, I'm not going into debt for nothing. If I get tired of doing what I'm doing, I might think about a trade school." My reply was to point out that he's very eligible for a ton of free money (state funds and federal) but agree that the local electrician's union is a good idea as well, and I mentioned their starting pay. That's basically the conversation.

This is kind of new, except maybe it's not. He's never been a fan of furthering his education, he readily admits he dropped out of college because he hated it and didn't want to become a corporate drone. His level of ambition has always been pretty low, certainly lower than mine. He's not much of a house husband, doesn't clean or cook very well. Am I just really in denial and this is truly him, and everything else has been lip service from him? Is it time to plan an exit strategy or flat out hit the bricks?

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Batterypowered7 posted:

her effort to act nonchalant while cooking takes me right back to my childhood and it makes me feel stuffy. Way to be my mom about it

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
33M boyfriend

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

He needs good friends to mock him for even considering it. Reddit's kneejerk therapy wouldn't fix that broken.

I want to be his irl friend so i can mock him for at least a decade.
I think this is a huge part of why "they cheated but I'm genuinely considering forgiving them" seem so common on the reddit subforums. Like I've been cheated on in a pretty minor way (then gf was at a party, drunk, and made out with a friend that had been chasing after her for a long time). She told me about it the next morning and was super honest/apologetic about it, I took a day to think about what I wanted to do and ended up calling things because after talking with friends about it I just decided I didn't want to be that dude who pathetically stuck around after infidelity. Like with the way she handled it I wasn't even so much worried about future slip ups or the trust being gone, I just honestly was concerned with how it'd reflect on me.

Kinda petty I guess but ultimately it was the right call. These people really could use friends to make them realize how pathetic they look to everyone else when they have so little self respect that they'd just continue a relationship after something like that.

e: I don't think it's worthwhile arguing over whether the stories are real or just meant to rile people up but I think that they weren't loving, it was specifcally a mmf threesome with strangers, her friends didn't think it was unusual she went off to bone two dudes, and much later when she realizes she has to come clean about what she did she starts suggesting it wasn't consensual all kinda tick a redpill bingo page of how they believe beta's date.

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Apr 25, 2017

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

If she was too drunk to consent then she was raped, in which case leaving because of it is a horrible thing to do. On the other hand you would think the friends she was on vacation with would have been looking out for her if she was that drunk.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Batterypowered7 posted:

How does somebody end up with three associates degrees? Shouldn't they coalesce and form one larger degree, like three associate cells forming a bachelor multi-cell or something?

Haifisch posted:

She didn't start hurling the junkie insults until he started manhandling her, so I'm kind of assuming the whole situation was worse than he was letting on. :shrug:

Like yeah, slip ups happen, but he doesn't acknowledge at all that locking yourself in your apartment and blazing for an entire day isn't the healthiest coping response. Neither is grabbing your girlfriend in a fit of anger.

Dude who wants to lock himself in his room and blaze all day should hook up with girl who lives in a room full of stinky lizards and birds.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

quote:

Kinda petty I guess but ultimately it was the right call. These people really could use friends to make them realize how pathetic they look to everyone else when they have so little self respect that they'd just continue a relationship after something like that.

I don't really see that as petty, though - hanging onto self respect is super important. I wouldn't hang about either after reflection.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

I don't really see that as petty, though - hanging onto self respect is super important. I wouldn't hang about either after reflection.

I say petty because it was mostly "but what will other people who know what happened think of me? Won't they look down on me", you could argue that's self respect or you could argue that self respect would be not caring what other people think so long as you believe you made the right decision. I think in my case it was mostly a reflection of how I'd view other people in my position, I'd probably think poorly of a person who stuck around in that context so I in essence was just sticking to my own standards.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

TOOT BOOT posted:

If she was too drunk to consent then she was raped, in which case leaving because of it is a horrible thing to do. On the other hand you would think the friends she was on vacation with would have been looking out for her if she was that drunk.

uh they haven't had sex so I don't think he's exactly her rock and anchor or on the hook to raise the child

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
don't worry he's gonna do it anyway

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
maybe he's got a shot on their wedding night

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Haifisch posted:

That's one way to read it, but in my opinion not the only one. He may have manhandled her or may not have. Still a pretty lovely way to talk to someone if you care about thier continued recocery.

Betacuck dude needs to leave so his balls don't fall off, if it's real. Even if her story is true and 100% how it was conveyed in the story, why would anyone consider sticking around to raise someone else's kide and care for a potential rape survivor with whom they have not ever slept after 4 months and they went on a binge and either got too drunk to consent and had no sense that cheating on you was wrong or were sober enough and did it anyway.

Also if she is sober enough to walk off into the sunset into a MMF threesome without her friends who were watching her intervening she was probably not blackout drunk. Unless you think one or two drinks renders someone unable to consent. But really it is a redpill fantasy.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

ArbitraryC posted:

I think this is a huge part of why "they cheated but I'm genuinely considering forgiving them" seem so common on the reddit subforums. Like I've been cheated on in a pretty minor way (then gf was at a party, drunk, and made out with a friend that had been chasing after her for a long time). She told me about it the next morning and was super honest/apologetic about it, I took a day to think about what I wanted to do and ended up calling things because after talking with friends about it I just decided I didn't want to be that dude who pathetically stuck around after infidelity. Like with the way she handled it I wasn't even so much worried about future slip ups or the trust being gone, I just honestly was concerned with how it'd reflect on me.

e: I don't think it's worthwhile arguing over whether the stories are real or just meant to rile people up but I think that they weren't loving, it was specifcally a mmf threesome with strangers, her friends didn't think it was unusual she went off to bone two dudes, and much later when she realizes she has to come clean about what she did she starts suggesting it wasn't consensual all kinda tick a redpill bingo page of how they believe beta's date.

holy poo poo yes, if you get cheated on tell your loving friends! they will remind you that's bullshit, because their heads aren't stuffed with lovey dovey idiot hormones

i didn't tell anyone when my ex cheated on me because i thought i was taking the high road or some poo poo and guess what, it took 2 more times and also finally telling a friend for my gently caress stupid brain to realize that hey, maybe i should.......NOT forgive them???

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
I think between hiding it until nature itself made it so she couldn't lie anymore, her friends being blase about her going off to gently caress people when she's partying, and the "you don't deserve this, you deserve better" line it's pretty clear where the chips fall here which is why the whole consent thing shoehorned in at the end seemed like super obvious redpill bait. Either way it's a super dumb derail.

putrid aidsman
Apr 13, 2017

by Lowtax

quote:

Me [27/F] with my boyfriend [28/M] of 1.5 years, can't take his anti-Semitic jokes anymore.

My boyfriend, Travis, always knows how to put a smile on anyone's face and is always the life of the party. That's why I wish he would stop making these occasional Jew jokes because they do get a lot of attention, because he is generally in the spotlight.

To be clear, Travis is half Jewish but the thing is, no one knows this. So while he thinks he's being self-deprecating, everyone else thinks he's some loudmouth making fun of Jews. Or worse, they think he's giving them permission to start making fun of Jews. It's awful, especially around new people who don't know him, and it always ends in me telling everyone to stop talking about Jews, and then changing the subject.

When I approach Travis about this, he says it's okay to say all this because he's a Jew. But the thing is, his surname is extremely not Jewish, he knows nothing about Judaism, can't tell you what the purpose of a single Jewish holiday, and in general, he just doesn't really represent Jews in any way. And I get it, not a lot of Jews are practicing, at least none of my friends are, but it's also not as if they talk about being a Jew only to make fun of it. Sometimes they'll talk about a Jewish tradition, or a memory of a bat mitzvah, or whatever, and occasionally, there's some poking fun at say, a "stereotypical Jewish grandmother."

But with Travis, if he's talking about Jews, it's only ever to make fun of them. And I just don't feel like he has the right to because he doesn't represent the culture in other ways. He's only Jewish when he wants to make fun of Jews.

All that said, he has expressed to me before that he's embarrassed of Jewish stereotypes and he's trying to deflect any joke someone can make to him by making it first. But this makes no sense to me because 1. no one knows he's Jewish, 2. no one around us makes Jew jokes (we live in one of the biggest cities in the world, with tons of Jews in it) and 3. even if they did, making these jokes really isn't a good solution.

I'm not sure how else to ask him to stop now because the few times I've done it, he uses the "I'm Jewish" defense. And I'm not Jewish, so it feels like my argument does not have as much weight.

tl;dr: BF is half-Jewish and makes too many anti-Jewish jokes, often to people who don't know he's Jewish/How do I tell him enough is enough?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

putrid aidsman posted:

Jew joke guy.

She is being really stingy in her appraisal of his behavior.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Go tell his Bubbe.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
can you even be half jewish?

IANAJ but I thought it was a p simple system, jewish mother = jewish, non jewish mother = not jewish.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

new phone who dis posted:

I think that the person who has the discipline to master a couple of martial arts and collects swords and poo poo is not in the realm of the guy who just does it because he likes them.

lmao

Buzkashi posted:

Dude's worried he's gonna catch the gay if he likes having his butt touched in any way

she already took his tentative agreement as a license to start pushing his boundaries once, if dude doesn't put his foot down next thing he knows she's gonna cram her whole fist up there and work him like a Muppet

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Apr 25, 2017

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

lmao

she already took his tentative agreement as a license to start pushing boundaries once, if dude doesn't put his foot down next thing he knows she's gonna cram her whole fist up there and work him like a Muppet

Nah, men don't need to consent to being penetrated. - Buttblaster Girl

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN

ArbitraryC posted:

can you even be half jewish?

IANAJ but I thought it was a p simple system, jewish mother = jewish, non jewish mother = not jewish.

Yeah but if I remember correctly, this guy named Hitler kind of made non-binary jewishness into a thing.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

ArbitraryC posted:

I say petty because it was mostly "but what will other people who know what happened think of me? Won't they look down on me"

I find it difficult to disconnect that way, so I could easily be projecting. But I wouldn't want to be that guy, either. I'm efb by someone above saying friend's heads aren't stuffed full of oxytocin.

quote:

she already took his tentative agreement as a license to start pushing his boundaries once, if dude doesn't put his foot down next thing he knows she's gonna cram her whole fist up there and work him like a Muppet

:haw:

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Apr 25, 2017

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

boner confessor posted:

a 25 year old is barely old enough to make their own decisions. the legal age of majority is 18 but that's largely an outdated concept from when life expectancy was like 40. the prefrontal cortex, the part of your brain that allows you to consider the consequences of your actions, isn't done maturing until your mid twenties. this is why teens and young adults are so prone to making lovely decisions

a 30yo loving a 60yo is less creepy than a 25yo loving a 50yo

lol @ this

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

tsa posted:

lol @ this

if this guy collides with a technically it's called ephebophilia guy you'll get an explosion bigger than an atom bomb

tsa
Feb 3, 2014
25 year olds can literally serve in the house of representatives and make laws n poo poo but decide who they can have sex with??? a bridge too far. fuckin' lmbo!!!!

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

tsa posted:

25 year olds can literally serve in the house of representatives and make laws n poo poo but decide who they can have sex with??? a bridge too far. fuckin' lmbo!!!!

Lol at you using the house as a symbol of responsibility

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Let's be real, twenty five is old enough to know better than to bang your mom's friend's ex-husband, let alone call your mom afterwards to gush about it.

I have this funny feeling that she didn't sleep with him so much because he's a hunk of red hot sex so much as she wanted to teach her parents a lesson.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I think the same thing, why is she so eager to get their relationship out in the open? It's awkward at best so it seems like it would be better to wait and see how things shake out first.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

ArbitraryC posted:

I think between hiding it until nature itself made it so she couldn't lie anymore, her friends being blase about her going off to gently caress people when she's partying, and the "you don't deserve this, you deserve better" line it's pretty clear where the chips fall here which is why the whole consent thing shoehorned in at the end seemed like super obvious redpill bait. Either way it's a super dumb derail.

wtf is all this redpill poo poo you seem to know so much about

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

but how old is old enough to have your own sword shrine in the living room

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

tsa posted:

there are horses I'd rather have in the house of representatives than currently serving congresspeople

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Elsa posted:

wtf is all this redpill poo poo you seem to know so much about

There's subforums devoted to the idea that there are two kinds of dudes, alphas that smash all the fresh pus they want, and betas that are stable income providers who are lucky to get sad handies once a month. They also think women cheating and claiming it was rape is a common thing. Basically the whole story reads like a validation of their worldview and i'm sure is already being shared around their own subreddits.

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Apr 25, 2017

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

but how old is old enough to have your own sword shrine in the living room

25 is th e upper age limit. Lower age limit depends on how cool your parents are multiplied by how good their judgment is.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

ArbitraryC posted:

There's subforums devoted to the idea that there are two kinds of dudes, alphas that smash all the fresh pus they want, and betas that are stable income providers who are lucky to get sad handies once a month. They also think women cheating and claiming it was rape is a common thing. Basically the whole story reads like a validation of their worldview and i'm sure is already being shared around their own subreddits.

what seems odd to me is how sure you seem to be that it's redpill bait followed by calling the discussion a derail. Are you sure you don't subscribe to whatever school of thought this is, like why did you call it out as redpill and then get so repulsed by it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Hey, she cheated on him with her co-worker. gently caress her, gently caress her friends, and gently caress her friends' families both literally and figuratively. Just revel in it. Scorch the earth!!!