Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
No matter how many ellipses mcmagic uses I'd never do something as dastardly as giving him an avatar that links to a lovely forum for people too bad at posting for gbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
I've been trying to order those bordifies white border precise fits for my deck and literally nowhere has any in stock, and even fewer places ship them to Canada. I went to the sleeve makers Facebook page and asked and they gave me an answer apologizing for opaqueness so I don't think they're English speaking ?!??

I just want to troll people with my sleeve choices :/

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

No matter how many ellipses mcmagic uses I'd never do something as dastardly as giving him an avatar that links to a lovely forum for people too bad at posting for gbs.

Thank you OFS. You are a true gentleman.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Errant Gin Monks posted:

I still have Jund to play and Lands. But Miracles was a fun deck to pilot and I'm sad to see it go. Modern will be a fun change I guess. Time to Eldrazi Tron people in the face.

You could always play eldrazi in legacy :v:

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Someone had a bone to pick with him, apparently.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

mcmagic posted:

Thank you OFS. You are a true gentleman.

You are one of the good ones tm in D&D anyway

In other news, I'm building up G/R Energy in Standard to fling 20/20s all day and they're nothing they can do about it.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

GoutPatrol posted:

You are one of the good ones tm in D&D anyway

In other news, I'm building up G/R Energy in Standard to fling 20/20s all day and they're nothing they can do about it.

Emergency banning for Attune With Aether incoming.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

kinda weird that they felt legacy was a less healthy format than the current standard

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

ZeroCount posted:

kinda weird that they felt legacy was a less healthy format than the current standard

That's looking at it backwards. The question they asked was which format would the improvement from a change outweigh the disadvantages. That was clearly true for legacy and less so for standard.

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

your circumcision honestly disgusts me
well here's hoping for a breach in the kamigawa tourny deck i just ordered :v:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

I don't understand how not banning things somehow gets more people to be confident in buying into Standard. I bought into Marvel deck for a few local tournaments, and it was pretty okay but the lottery aspect was real stupid. Then they basically banned it out of the format. Yeah Emrakul was pretty unfun and dumb and ubiquitous, so I'm fine with that banning, if hey're going to ban other cards in standard that are dumb and unfun and ubiquitous. The only deck I would be willing to play in Standard is Cat Combo. The combo is are much of the metagame as Emrakul decks were in the previous season, with significantly less variety among the decks, and a dumb turn 4 combo that just strangles a large number of potential archetypes is pretty much the same effect Emrakul had where you couldn't have a long game that was better than casting Emrakul, but in addition the combo also stops stuff like the Colossus or Aetherflux Reservoir or ramp decks from existing. The combo has all the same effects that Emrakul had on the format, yet WotC is just...leaving it around? If I bought into that deck and it got banned, I'd feel like a real idiot because obviously it was going to get banned, but if it doesn't get banned then it stopped me from buying into the format while also enabling the least interesting Pro Tour.

Also Copter shouldn't be banned. Banning Copter because it just went into every deck with creatures was stupid, because it didn't force those decks to diversify, they just stopped existing.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
What answers are there out there to stop Cat combo in standard, besides manglehorn? Someone said something about a "curse" card?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Subways Jared posted:

What answers are there out there to stop Cat combo in standard, besides manglehorn? Someone said something about a "curse" card?

The black 2 mana curse enchantment.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Sickening posted:

The black 2 mana curse enchantment.

haha, I didn't think about that. That's pretty hilarious

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

GonSmithe posted:

What the hell is this? There is absolutely 100% people who ONLY play Vintage/Legacy. In that stupid Vice documentary they go to one of my local card shops and show a group of people who talk about how Vintage (or legacy? I can't remember) is the only real format and they don't care about people.

You're being really ridiculous stubborn about something really stupid and really easy for everyone else to accept.

The point wasn't that such people don't exist. It's that I don't buy that McMagic personally knows a lot of people whose participation in the game is literally nothing but Constructed Legacy.

The underlying issue is that the theory that WOTC hates Legacy and wants to kill it because those players don't contribute any money to the game is absurd. The vast majority of Legacy players play Limited, Standard, EDH, etc. in addition to Legacy and he'll, they aim products at those formats all of the loving time.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Apr 25, 2017

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

That's looking at it backwards. The question they asked was which format would the improvement from a change outweigh the disadvantages. That was clearly true for legacy and less so for standard.

you have it entirely backwards

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Angry Grimace posted:

The point wasn't that such people don't exist. It's that I don't buy that McMagic personally knows a lot of people whose participation in the game is literally nothing but Constructed Legacy.

Of our dozen or so legacy regulars, I think maybe 4 play more than 1 format, and that's if you count me having modern decks but playing it on average 3 times a year.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Wow, day 1 Amonkhet draft video from lsv

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

suicidesteve posted:

Of our dozen or so legacy regulars, I think maybe 4 play more than 1 format, and that's if you count me having modern decks but playing it on average 3 times a year.

I can buy this and I think it's a similar rate among serious cubers based on my strong evidence of reading cube forums and the two cube articles a year. Prerelease is probably the biggest exception but that brings a lot of different types of magic players together for a weekend. Cube and modern are the formats I play the most with the occasional sprinkling of others (except standard) and that seems like more than the average cuber dedicated enough to post on cube forums.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Rinkles posted:

Wow, day 1 Amonkhet draft video from lsv

Yeah unfortunately it was a single elimination queue and LSV's opponent had Liliana's Embrace, Insult//Injury and Glorybringer, so he got crushed.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

GeneX posted:

you have it entirely backwards

:bravo: very constructive dude

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Hellsau posted:

Yeah unfortunately it was a single elimination queue and LSV's opponent had Liliana's Embrace, Insult//Injury and Glorybringer, so he got crushed.

that owns

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
So I'm entering my Amonkhet cards into my collection tracker on MTGGoldfish and I see that Glorybringer is now at $12. I don't know what the hell for but I'm glad I preordered the other three I need for a playset last night at $5.95 each.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Star Man posted:

So I'm entering my Amonkhet cards into my collection tracker on MTGGoldfish and I see that Glorybringer is now at $12. I don't know what the hell for but I'm glad I preordered the other three I need for a playset last night at $5.95 each.

These were pre-ordering for less than 8 bucks a playset last week. TCGplayer is showing a super low amount left on pre-order, I am sure it will be flooded tomorrow at a lower price.

Actually no, its loving bought out everywhere. This makes zero sense.

Sickening fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Apr 25, 2017

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I suppose a 4/4 hasty dragon for 5 being 12 bucks makes sense given the last time red had such a strong finisher was Stormbreath Dragon.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Sickening posted:

These were pre-ordering for less than 8 bucks a playset last week. TCGplayer is showing a super low amount left on pre-order, I am sure it will be flooded tomorrow at a lower price.

I just like Rx beef decks, but lol at that dragon being $12. The $5.95 I paid was too much already.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Caleb D is steaming a sick Boros aggro deck on Twitch right now.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

whydirt posted:

Caleb D is steaming a sick Boros aggro deck on Twitch right now.

Jesus christ that thing is big

And he thinks that being unable to exert is a bug because he thinks it's an activated ability.

Star Man fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Apr 25, 2017

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

No he doesn't. That's silly.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Any Standard card being playable or valuable makes no sense to me because no one I know is playing anymore.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

This is the most beautiful deck I have ever drafted

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Sickening posted:

Actually no, its loving bought out everywhere. This makes zero sense.

People are putting it in 4color cat. It's a Rare. I doubt it's over 5 bucks in a week.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Hellsau posted:

I don't understand how not banning things somehow gets more people to be confident in buying into Standard. I bought into Marvel deck for a few local tournaments, and it was pretty okay but the lottery aspect was real stupid. Then they basically banned it out of the format. Yeah Emrakul was pretty unfun and dumb and ubiquitous, so I'm fine with that banning, if hey're going to ban other cards in standard that are dumb and unfun and ubiquitous. The only deck I would be willing to play in Standard is Cat Combo. The combo is are much of the metagame as Emrakul decks were in the previous season, with significantly less variety among the decks, and a dumb turn 4 combo that just strangles a large number of potential archetypes is pretty much the same effect Emrakul had where you couldn't have a long game that was better than casting Emrakul, but in addition the combo also stops stuff like the Colossus or Aetherflux Reservoir or ramp decks from existing. The combo has all the same effects that Emrakul had on the format, yet WotC is just...leaving it around? If I bought into that deck and it got banned, I'd feel like a real idiot because obviously it was going to get banned, but if it doesn't get banned then it stopped me from buying into the format while also enabling the least interesting Pro Tour.

Also Copter shouldn't be banned. Banning Copter because it just went into every deck with creatures was stupid, because it didn't force those decks to diversify, they just stopped existing.

I think this is funny because most of the Copycat decks are also playing Marvel. You have one with Ulamog and one without.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

I just think these look great

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

GonSmithe posted:

This is the most beautiful deck I have ever drafted

Lost round 2 because I drew 10 cards and didn't see a single swamp when I had 5 black cards in hand. Feels bad man.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

U/B Cycling feels like the most fun deck to draft.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Mezzanon posted:

I just think these look great
That makes me deeply uncomfortable.

I hope you're mixing old, new and full-art lands in there.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

tell me those are white border perfect fits

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

GonSmithe posted:

Lost round 2 because I drew 10 cards and didn't see a single swamp when I had 5 black cards in hand. Feels bad man.

Sucky. I had an easy sweep with this baby:

2 drop -> trial kill your best creature-> cartouche fight your best creature -> replay trial is totally unbeatable, as is insult + injury at 6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Siivola posted:

That makes me deeply uncomfortable.

I hope you're mixing old, new and full-art lands in there.

My plan is to use black border precise fits for my unlimited basics, and white border for every other card in the deck.

its me glenda posted:

tell me those are white border perfect fits

Yes. They're technically borderfy precise fit white border. They're sold out everywhere that I can find and the maker doesn't ship to North America yet. If you can find the white border precise fits and ship them to Canada, send me that link!

My plan is to use them in conjunction with those ultra guard sleeves that have the matte black inside.

Which would ideally lead to T1 playing a black bordered basic that uses the word "tap" on it, and using that to cast a white bordered judge foil noble hierarch that has a tiny black outline around it from the ultra guard sleeve.

I assume at that point my opponent scoops in rage.