Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Goku will convince the Zenos to contribute to a Spirit Bomb so powerful it kills the very concept of angels except Whis because Whis is so chill it doesn't impact him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
It'll probably be something dumb like using the dragonballs to undo a universe erasure will kill the Zenos in a Reversal of Fortune, which was the high priest's plan the whole time.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
The Super Saiyan Rose dlc is out for Xenoverse 2 and Goku Black's voice has really improved. It's not gravely garbage anymore!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I hope Goku spends the last six episodes of the series giving a lesson on post-structuralist philosophy and the dangers of capitalism while sitting atop a visibly rotting corpse of every character we've met who can be defined as any kind of a god! Then Mr. Satan shoots him.

Next week, GT starts in the same time slot.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

ImpAtom posted:

Goku will convince the Zenos to contribute to a Spirit Bomb so powerful it kills the very concept of angels except Whis because Whis is so chill it doesn't impact him.

Hey, Vados stood up for Goku when everyone else started badmouthing him. Why you gotta leave her out?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

StrifeHira posted:

Hey, Vados stood up for Goku when everyone else started badmouthing him. Why you gotta leave her out?
Individuals are less important than classifications and orders of being, which is one of the core theme conceits of Dragon Ball as a series!

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Squallege posted:

The Super Saiyan Rose dlc is out for Xenoverse 2 and Goku Black's voice has really improved. It's not gravely garbage anymore!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsq9wLqQwLc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcF85HjYz5I

Wow, yeah, this is a lot better than the original. Also, holy poo poo there are a lot of obnoxious youtube people who talk over the entire goddamn vid that's supposed to showcase the voices.

Momomo fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Apr 25, 2017

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Posh Goku

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Aurora posted:

Posh Goku

That is Zamasu yeah

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

That is Zamasu yeah

It's amusing because his voice in Japanese feels so much more sinister

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Leave it to YT to spout dumb crap. Only maybe one comment was like this Zamasu not evil Goku so of course he's gonna sound like royaltly and poo poo.

I dig it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I want a conversation between frieza and goku black now

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Aurora posted:

It's amusing because his voice in Japanese feels so much more sinister

I know but I don't think they can do posh.

So I won't judge them to harshly.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Shindragon posted:

Leave it to YT to spout dumb crap. Only maybe one comment was like this Zamasu not evil Goku so of course he's gonna sound like royaltly and poo poo.

I dig it.

except black goku was evil goku in the japanese version

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

except black goku was evil goku in the japanese version

I mean Nozawa voiced both characters but she noticeably changed her speech patterns and inflections for Goku vs Goku Black. You could do it without the Posh British Accent but Goku and Goku Black should sound different.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

ImpAtom posted:

I mean Nozawa voiced both characters but she noticeably changed her speech patterns and inflections for Goku vs Goku Black. You could do it without the Posh British Accent but Goku and Goku Black should sound different.

I think it's sort of unjustly baked into American popular culture that smug superior douchebaggery instantly calls to mind some sort of posh European accent, so the directing went for the easy road.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kanos posted:

I think it's sort of unjustly baked into American popular culture that smug superior douchebaggery instantly calls to mind some sort of posh European accent, so the directing went for the easy road.

Watch any old 1950s Rome movie. The "evil" Romans talk with British accents, but noble slaves or Christians have American accents :v:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kanos posted:

I think at this point it's something you can't even break out of. I can't even remember the last time I hear someone doing posh douchebaggery without descending into British Accent.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

To be honest I don't think it's possible.

Posh is the most villainous accent.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Rutibex posted:

Watch any old 1950s Rome movie. The "evil" Romans talk with British accents, but noble slaves or Christians have American accents :v:

Or Star Wars.

Acceptable alternative to British accent is a black guy in a scooba mask.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Nessus posted:

I hope Goku spends the last six episodes of the series giving a lesson on post-structuralist philosophy and the dangers of capitalism while sitting atop a visibly rotting corpse of every character we've met who can be defined as any kind of a god! Then Mr. Satan shoots him.

Next week, GT starts in the same time slot.

Hercule and Jaco are both False Gods in Super, frequently receiving praise and adulation for feats they did not accomplish.

Hercule looks like he'll redeem himself (having already taken steps in his parental responsibilities towards the monster Buu) but Jaco is set for the block.

The system and all those who profit by it must be torn down.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

How is the voice actor denying he didn't change his performance unless he actually thinks Black Rose is a different character than Black.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
If SSJRose really automatically gives you a posh British accent then it is truly the greatest of all transformations.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Momomo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsq9wLqQwLc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcF85HjYz5I

Wow, yeah, this is a lot better than the original. Also, holy poo poo there are a lot of obnoxious youtube people who talk over the entire goddamn vid that's supposed to showcase the voices.

Goku Black is Liquid Snake now, it's more beautiful than I ever could have imagined

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I love that Sean is just using his Crowler voice from Yugioh GX

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

japanese goku black is sex. this goku black.... eh

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I can appreciate Posh Goku, the real determinant will be how the dub does as a whole with it

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I can accept Sean Schemmel Black and I'm sure he'll do a better job DBS when he gets actual voice direction.

Holy cow is Zamasu increadibly phoned in though.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Junpei Hyde posted:

Sean is...Crowler...from Yugioh GX

what the gently caress

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Raserys posted:

what the gently caress

He's in like every yugioh dub, as such classic characters as "the southern one from the big five"and "that one Arc V character who looks like Hitler"

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Rutibex posted:

Mordaedil posted:

Or Star Wars.

I thought these were about the imperial connection. You can be smug and not British, but if you're a smug, superior Imperial mouthpiece, British for sure.

The Dawn of War games have all the Imperial factions(and the Orks) sound vaguely British, but Chaos is American.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

OB_Juan posted:

I thought these were about the imperial connection. You can be smug and not British, but if you're a smug, superior Imperial mouthpiece, British for sure.

The Dawn of War games have all the Imperial factions(and the Orks) sound vaguely British, but Chaos is American.

drat chaos yankees

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

OB_Juan posted:

Or, and bear with me; chaos are the good guys

The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

That Chicken sure loves to drum...sticks
Eventually, but at a later date so we can get started early, The imperium of man will be paying, in some form, for the badly needed skull throne.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Rhjamiz posted:

Or, and bear with me; chaos are the good guys

I didn't think Warhammer had any good guys

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

It has good individuals fighting against a bad timeline.

Also breaking news, manga sucks. Even worse pacing on the fusion fight, ugh.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

sassassin posted:

Hercule and Jaco are both False Gods in Super, frequently receiving praise and adulation for feats they did not accomplish.

Hercule looks like he'll redeem himself (having already taken steps in his parental responsibilities towards the monster Buu) but Jaco is set for the block.

The system and all those who profit by it must be torn down.

If this is how you feel about Mr Satan and Jaco, I'd hate to see how you react to One-Punch Man

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

tap my mountain posted:

If this is how you feel about Mr Satan and Jaco, I'd hate to see how you react to One-Punch Man

I don't watch anime.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

sassassin posted:

I don't watch anime.

Friend, do you watch cartoons?

Because if so you watch anime

Anime is all things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Man, what the gently caress is wrong with Toyotaro? He seems to really hate writing for the Zamasus. Black in the manga is an infinitely worse character than the anime version, apparently because Toyotaro decided to write his OC Do Not Steal instead of the actual character, and now Fusion Zamasu has a time limit he didn't have in the anime (because the Potaras went from "works forever for Gods" to "works forever specifically for Kaioshin, and Zamasu was never admitted as one") and lacks all of the incredibly flashy powers of his anime version in favour of...throwing blocks at Goku and Vegeta.

I don't get it. Shin and even Gowasu come across as better in the manga, so it isn't a hate for the Kaioshin as a race. He just really seems to dislike Zamasu specifically, despite being one of the highlights of Super as an anime. Or maybe he's just poo poo writing villains, considering how badly he wrote Hit too (who isn't a villain, but eh, final boss).

I sure am glad that panel space is used to confirm that Vegetto Blue is above Beerus in power though, despite this being obvious from Whis' earlier comments. And I sure am glad Trunks is so worthless in the manga that an untransformed Goku is a far better shield than him.

The more time passes, the more I'm sure Toyotaro is the kind of DB fan that's obsessed with power levels and must give explanations to everything. No fun allowed.

• Locked thread