Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lorddazron
Mar 31, 2011

xzzy posted:

It's been showing up in my news all week. People are seriously using the words "lawsuit" and "human rights violations" when talking about it. :downs:

Jeez. Why the gently caress would you be that bothered? The discovery centres arent operated by Lego (at least not in the Uk) and the Manchester one here simply isnt worth the price of admission. I took my daughters about 6 months ago and the words glorified soft play come to mind. Really expensive for tickets too and not worth the money at all.

Tbh Legoland is pretty much the same. Its basically a kids theme park with Lego branding. Miniland is pretty cool but the rest is crap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Trying to rebuild sets from a big mixed lot that may not be complete is an exercise in madness

I am doing such a thing, and finding all but like 2 pieces is the biggest PITA

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Spookydonut posted:

Just take like a niece or a cousin or a friend's kid, its not complicated
presuming they'll let you be alone with their kid

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Some better pics of my hoverbike. Tweaked it a bit I think it looks a little better now.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Spookydonut posted:

Just take like a niece or a cousin or a friend's kid, its not complicated

Craigslist Ad: looking for child to take to toy store

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

Jusupov posted:

I presume that's due to old drivers since I tested LDD on my 1070 and it looked fine with the outlines. I've got geforce experience uninstalled, as should everyone.
Weird. I've got the latest drivers, uninstalled geforce experience and rebooted.
Still looks like this:

To give this post some more substance, I found the hover car I put together at least five years ago, maybe more.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Ooh friends of ours got back from London and brought me a double decker bus! I had no idea that was such a hot commodity here...

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Feenix posted:

Ooh friends of ours got back from London and brought me a double decker bus! I had no idea that was such a hot commodity here...

I'm going to London in a week. Can you ask them where they got it?

Edit: Looking into it, it was a $75 giveaway in August :(

Beachcomber fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Apr 24, 2017

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
It's 44 bucks on Amazon presently. I believe they got it at the new dope Lego store there?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I went to the Leicester Square Lego when I was on vacation in London last month, they don't sell anything unique there that you can't get at every other Lego store besides a pretty meh t-shirt.

It's still worth going to because of the really good London/UK in-store builds.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The big Leicester Square store was selling the double decker bus in store still a few weeks ago. It's £10 I think?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah I bought one there for a tenner around a month ago. I don't​ see why they wouldn't still be selling them.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Thanks! I like location specific sets like the NYC taxi or the Orlando dragon, even though I don't really like the Orlando dragon.

Lego dragons should look like this:

Edit: except they have the flame wrong by 90 degrees.

Beachcomber fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Apr 25, 2017

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Beachcomber posted:

Thanks! I like location specific sets like the NYC taxi or the Orlando dragon, even though I don't really like the Orlando dragon.

Lego dragons should look like this:

Edit: except they have the flame wrong by 90 degrees.

Also they look cooler with the transorange wings

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I just noticed that (I think) the dragon and the crocodile share the same top jaw piece.

e: and the bottom. And the end of the tail! What is this bullshit? Reusing parts for multiple designs???

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Sagebrush posted:

I just noticed that (I think) the dragon and the crocodile share the same top jaw piece.

e: and the bottom. And the end of the tail! What is this bullshit? Reusing parts for multiple designs???

Yeah I posted about that a few pages back, it's clever reuse of low volume pieces.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Why are sand green and blue so drat under utilized? probably my 2 favorite Lego colors ever and they never seem to put them in sets. I have a about 1000 sand green 1x1 bricks and 2x1 tiles from pick a brick, but I can't really do much with them other than pepper them into builds. Really wish I had a good selection of parts in those colors. They's be so great for all of the sci-fi geekery I like to build.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Spookydonut posted:

Also they look cooler with the transorange wings

My Lego reality solidified in 1996 before they had such things. Those wings are red and yes I will die on this hill.

Blacktron 2 is also the coolest space theme.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
It looks like the upcoming Fishing Shop will be lots of sand green.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

True. Although if I get that thing there is no way I'd part it out. That's a shelf set all the way.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I spent the evening disassembling all my lego movie sets as they were getting pretty dusty and I wanted to use their parts for other projects.

But my fingertips are loving raw now. :negative:

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

xzzy posted:

I spent the evening disassembling all my lego movie sets as they were getting pretty dusty and I wanted to use their parts for other projects.

But my fingertips are loving raw now. :negative:

Brick separators though.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Not as useful as one might hope. I certainly used a brick separator when I could, but they're useless pulling apart tiles or slopes with no studs on them.. and lego uses a LOT of SNOT pieces these days.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

xzzy posted:

Not as useful as one might hope. I certainly used a brick separator when I could, but they're useless pulling apart tiles or slopes with no studs on them.. and lego uses a LOT of SNOT pieces these days.

Use the other end.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
Yeah the new orange ones have a fine edge on the end of the handle for separating things, unlike the old dark grey ones which had rounded ends.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Man. It's about to get expensive again...

UCS Snowspeeder.
Ultimate bat mobile
Batwing
Fishing shack
CMFs

All before June is over, if I'm reading right....

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I can't see how the pointy edge on the orange brick separators can make separating two plates any easier. It's sharp-ish, nowhere near fine enough to actually get in between the plates.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

xzzy posted:

I can't see how the pointy edge on the orange brick separators can make separating two plates any easier. It's sharp-ish, nowhere near fine enough to actually get in between the plates.

Yea and it gets deformed really easily.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

xzzy posted:

And yet it kinda works well.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

If you put the two plates onto another brick you can usually get enough leverage to get them apart, at least enough to get the thin end in at one corner. Or you use two. Don't lie you own two.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I've got a bowl full of brick separators, but I still find it easier to wedge a fingernail in there.

It only becomes worth a complaint if I do it for 2+ hours and my fingertips get a little sore.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Was the Jeremy Hillary Boob minifigure's body used for something else before or did they do a special mold for it? Seems like it was reused because of the unused holes on it, but I can't think of what the gently caress it would have been.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

veni veni veni posted:

Was the Jeremy Hillary Boob minifigure's body used for something else before or did they do a special mold for it? Seems like it was reused because of the unused holes on it, but I can't think of what the gently caress it would have been.

The gremlins from Nexo Knights, iirc.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Lego Creationary is the one Lego board game worth playing correct? I got it super cheap from a thrift store intending to strip it for parts, but it seems to be complete or close to it (haven't done a part count yet). I can't decide if I should round up people and try it or just break it down anyways for more tiny robot parts.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Turbinosamente posted:

Lego Creationary is the one Lego board game worth playing correct? I got it super cheap from a thrift store intending to strip it for parts, but it seems to be complete or close to it (haven't done a part count yet). I can't decide if I should round up people and try it or just break it down anyways for more tiny robot parts.

Ehh it's ok. We have 6 or 7 of them and honestly it's the one we play the least.

Hermsgervørden
Apr 23, 2004
Møøse Trainer
More info on the ideas Saturn V. One meter tall, and with 1969 pieces which is kinda cute. $119 is a good price.

My wife isn't gonna like this.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Only $119 for 2000 pieces? Nice.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The detail is pretty bonkers too, they even model the inflatable floats on the return capsule.

I wonder how many stop motion lego movies we get about faking the moon landing.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
Oh gently caress yes. Been waiting for that rocket from the start. Amazing amount of detail. Bit unexpected too, after they axed the steering on the Caterham.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That's much cooler than I initially gave it credit for.

The little astronaut figures are great!