Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Someone please play this and report back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
A port of Prison Architect is out now for anyone with a tablet in Holland.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Xtanstic posted:

Someone please play this and report back

Boring tapper, just a bunch of boxes you fill in and buy upgrades. It has drones that give money just like Egg Inc. There are two ad boosts, one of which gives you 20 seconds of double production for watching a 30 second ad. Very disappointing. I was hoping for something weird.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Jesus Christ they make anything into f2p now hu?

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

I've been playing it and it's actually pretty fun, can't say for how long though.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Gadzuko posted:

20 seconds of double production for watching a 30 second ad
lmao

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gadzuko posted:

Boring tapper, just a bunch of boxes you fill in and buy upgrades. It has drones that give money just like Egg Inc. There are two ad boosts, one of which gives you 20 seconds of double production for watching a 30 second ad. Very disappointing. I was hoping for something weird.

Weird? It's not like this was Mia Khalifa's Weed Farm

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Gadzuko posted:

A shame

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Father and Son is an intriguing sounding adventure game from the Archaeological Museum of Naples set in 3 different periods of time. It's free and takes about an hour to complete, perhaps more if you decide to literally travel to the museum in Italy in order to unlock some extra stuff in the game.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Apr 21, 2017

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

*buys international flight and hotel to unlock some doodads in a cell phone game* F2P!! :argh:

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Lutha Mahtin posted:

*buys international flight and hotel to unlock some doodads in a cell phone game* F2P!! :argh:

Maybe you can get Marriot and Expedia to sponsor you.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Friends! I have survey money. And questions!

I love Shadowgate, have the remake on Steam, but barely have time nowadays to sit down and play it there. Tons of phone time, though. Anyone here plating it on a phone? How well was it adapted? I already love the game itself, I'm just curious to see if the mobile port is worth a drat.

Barring that, I'm looking to spend around $5 on something. Suggestions? I enjoy good puzzle games, but am also looking for something that can take me a while to complete. My current favourites, aside from that goddamned Egg Inc, are Dungeon Warfare, 80 Days, Mini Metro, Sproggiwood, and Neo Turf Masters.

Third question: any tips on getting started with Motorsport Manager?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Third question: any tips on getting started with Motorsport Manager?

Play it until you're bored. It's fun, but grindy as hell at higher levels.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
How does one put a gemstone into an item with a socket in Eternium?

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Drag and drop.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Xtanstic posted:

Play it until you're bored. It's fun, but grindy as hell at higher levels.

I played it a bit but ended up getting the distinct impression I wasn't actually doing anything. There's like a setup-guessing minigame in qualifying, then in the race you can change strategy and maybe it makes a difference who knows

Seems to come down more to replaying each stage until you've levelled your car up enough so it can win. Presentation's nice but I don't know if there's much lurking behind it? Some weird bugs too, like cars finishing a lap early

EvilChameleon
Nov 20, 2003

In my infinite money,
the jimmies rustle softly.

hooah posted:

I've been scratching that itch with Griddlers Plus. The interface is a little different, but it's still a picross game, and it's got literally thousands of puzzles. Some are a breeze, but some I had to literally screenshot what I'd done so far and reset so I could get more hints.

Thanks I'll give this a go, and thanks for the picross DS recommendations, I'll see about tracking those down. I've been playing Soul Knight based on the recommendations here and it's pretty grand.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

baka kaba posted:

I played it a bit but ended up getting the distinct impression I wasn't actually doing anything. There's like a setup-guessing minigame in qualifying, then in the race you can change strategy and maybe it makes a difference who knows

Seems to come down more to replaying each stage until you've levelled your car up enough so it can win. Presentation's nice but I don't know if there's much lurking behind it? Some weird bugs too, like cars finishing a lap early

Yeah I tend to play it while I have something else I can do at the same time, like watch TV. It gets to the point where you can take a fairly educated guess at the best qualifying set up, and then it's just tyre strategy and fast forwarding between pit stops. Trying to time wet weather can get you a few places though.

Also, I think if cars are getting lapped, they finish early.

Zarlog
Dec 7, 2005

Zarlog, Protector of Baal

hooah posted:

How does one put a gemstone into an item with a socket in Eternium?

Drag and drop, and don't forget that it's not permanent. You can remove gemstones for a trivial amount of gold, and it doesn't destroy the item. You don't want to accidentally sell them. If you do though, you have a brief window to buy back the item that had it, for the same price you sold it for.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Huh, I could've sworn I'd tried drag and drop. Oh well.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

NPR Journalizard posted:

Yeah I tend to play it while I have something else I can do at the same time, like watch TV. It gets to the point where you can take a fairly educated guess at the best qualifying set up, and then it's just tyre strategy and fast forwarding between pit stops. Trying to time wet weather can get you a few places though.

Also, I think if cars are getting lapped, they finish early.

Yeah but even with the tyres, is it making a difference? You can tell someone to Push forever and they never really move up, tell them to Conserve and they do just as well (or better). Soft tyres might be a bit faster maybe, but there's times where it doesn't seem to make any difference either - you can have another car on hard with a similar driver and they perform about the same

I mean maybe there are subtle and complex simulations going on but it just doesn't feel like it, and you only have a couple of levers. Almost feels like the game is left to your imagination sometimes. Still moreish somehow though

I've definitely had a car not too far behind just cross the line and disappear, and the UI likes to say I have 1 or 2 laps remaining as my dude wins the race, so who knows what's going on

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
I know I'm late on this, but RE: Office Space game poo poo-talk...

I don't know what you guys are talking about. What pay wall? It works as great if not better than any other idlers I've played.

Did anyone else actually play it? It seems like one person posted misinformation and then everyone else was like, YEAH gently caress THAT. It's the best idler I've played and has a lot of character.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

I know I'm late on this, but RE: Office Space game poo poo-talk...

I don't know what you guys are talking about. What pay wall? It works as great if not better than any other idlers I've played.

Did anyone else actually play it? It seems like one person posted misinformation and then everyone else was like, YEAH gently caress THAT. It's the best idler I've played and has a lot of character.

Lumberg spotted.

Seriously, though, I haven't played it yet.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Anyone got any interesting / nicely polished skinner boxes or gatchas? I need something new to check on my phone now and again and see numbers go up. I finally uninstalled Clickopolis 2. Don't say Bit City though I already got bored of that in beta.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Xtanstic posted:

Anyone got any interesting / nicely polished skinner boxes or gatchas? I need something new to check on my phone now and again and see numbers go up. I finally uninstalled Clickopolis 2. Don't say Bit City though I already got bored of that in beta.

Well, there's always...

Egg Inc :getin:

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Haha that'd be perfect if I hadn't played it to death. I remain resolute in my ability to be able to ditch them and leave them ditched. Shark Game is the only one I'll come back to every few months.

the auschwitz diet
Mar 19, 2004
I toast mine own alcoholism

Xtanstic posted:

Abyssrium?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Dungeon Defense is free right now. Gogogogogo

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

Millennial Sexlord posted:

Dungeon Defense is free right now. Gogogogogo

Link for the lazy
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.GameCoaster.ProtectDungeon&hl=en

ChrisXP
Nov 25, 2004

"In football, time and space are the same thing."

baka kaba posted:

I played it a bit but ended up getting the distinct impression I wasn't actually doing anything.

I'm only about halfway up the tree, but I'm surprised you said this. I see a difference of 3-5s a lap for Hard to Soft tyres for example, so having the right strategy for balancing pitstop time or tougher tires can make a big difference. So can timing your changes for wet weather, safety car etc. Push/Conserve is only going to change performance by a couple of %, though, else it would be a press to win button.

At the end of the day, it is only a mobile game though, and F1 is generally considered a boring sport these days, so don't expect anything gripping.

As for tips, I guess don't be disheartened by the messages from sponsers/social media that suggest you are terrible when you are a low ranked car. I dunno why they expect you to be challenging when you are only there for the occassional sponser money reward for a good placing in order to invest in HQ. I've also found little use for Young Driver programme beyond the first tier, as there are always unemployed drivers available when I need them.
I'd also say always take the biggest car improvement on a dilemma, and then find the money for it later.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

It's more that changing tyres and saying push/don't are the only things you can do, and a lot of the time having soft tyres just gets you stuck behind cars earlier. It just feels like the end result comes down more to the driver and car's stats and less about the handful of decisions you make during a race

I've tried giving each car different tyres/orders and a lot of the time the 'slow' one ends up overtaking the other. Or they mess about switching places over and over when I wanted the slower one to drop back and slow the following cars down. Just doesn't feel like a game exactly, to me anyway. Don't get me wrong, I still played a bunch of it!

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
For anyone looking for a new card game, the guy who made Card Crawl has a new one out called Card Thief.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

mrkillboy posted:

For anyone looking for a new card game, the guy who made Card Crawl has a new one out called Card Thief.
Nice! I really liked Card Crawl and hadn't heard about this.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

mrkillboy posted:

I got stuck on the tutorial mission where I had to get 6 gold and rage uninstalled. I'm bad :v:

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
Is it just me or is there not a single game on the app store with a rating under 3.7?

Seems like vote botting is all the rage.

tonytheshoes
Nov 19, 2002

They're still shitty...

mrkillboy posted:

I've been playing this for a few days now, and while it's fun, it gets very repetitive very quickly--and there's just something missing for me. I can't place it, but I just don't find it as much fun as Card Crawl. That said, you should make up your own mind because a lot of people share an opinion contrary to mine.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Publisher Gamevil's new game launches tomorrow War Of Crowns preregister to get some goodies just before it launches.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

EzEight posted:

Publisher Gamevil's new game launches tomorrow War Of Crowns preregister to get some goodies just before it launches.

How long will it take developers and publishers to run out of generic-rear end Word of Word names?

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?

sleepwalkers posted:

How long will it take developers and publishers to run out of generic-rear end Word of Word names?

How many words you got?

E: I'd rather ask how long until we collectively all stop caring about free to play whalefests that don't have any actual skill involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

sleepwalkers posted:

Buckets of Years.