Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PenguinSalsa
Nov 10, 2009
That last op went far smoother than I expected.

Considering the fighter threat we probably shouldn't focus on knocking out the S-300.
Sure, it's big and scary but as someone said earlier it's more effective to simply throw a few HARMs at it to keep it busy, although that high-altitude strike seems like a good idea.
Reddit might even fly into it first if we're lucky (or somehow manages to convince them that it's worth the risk).

If Yooper is taking requests I'd like a spot in either a Tornado or a Prowler (or something similar). I'm not a fan of the AC-130 and I'd rather avoid the Thunderdome. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PenguinSalsa
Nov 10, 2009
Edit: Double post

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Throwing HARMs at it will keep it busy for maybe a minute.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
Throwing a few HARMs at it while it's being jammed to buggery will occupy it's attention for a fair bit longer.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Having looked up the speed of a HARM I'm willing to revise my estimate to "maybe five minutes" which still doesn't feel like enough.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Seems the Dictator has struck a deal with Costco to offer low price Angolan diamonds and completely bypass De Beers. An amazing example of the Dictators ability to raise funds regardless of the impact. More details on his new Air Marshall, he's a boyhood friend and only held a ceremonial position in the military. It seems being a crazy crony dictator has its downfalls.

Intel From the Free State

These fuckers are retarded. This is from their kickstarter page. Right now they are at $387 million, so almost to Hebrew Hammer Cat.

The Free State must have an air force capable of swatting down whatever troubles come near it! Like a swift cat in an amazing, and dangerous playground. Our Air Wing, Cat Force One, will hunt through the weeds, trees, and forests of Angola and knock out any enemies it encounters.

Our ground force, Tom Cat With Sharp Claws, is going to be the cream on top of the cats saucer. Pay no mind to the recent setbacks, with just a few more stretch goals we can really bring our ground forces to the forefront. Our new consultant, Jack Abramof, speaks of synergization, force multiplication, annexes of power, and Combinational deductional logic force patterns. He's really good!

Flying Cat Toy Level : At $50 Million

A full set of Israeli Drones! This includes comms jamming, radar jamming, and SPIKE throwing models! We'll rename that to CLAW! MEOW!

Hebrew Hammer Cat At $400 Million

A dozen Colombian provided Kfir fighters. Wow! Meow! This has more spunk than our last furry convention.

Cool Cat At $500 Million

Ribbet! Ribbet! What's that I see? Oh noes! It's a mirage! A handful of beautifully marked Mirage Attack aircraft.

Jiu Jitzu Cat At $750 Million

We hire "The Faithful", a Brazilian mercenary air group to help us squash any opponents like a crunchy turd in the kitty litter!

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
Okay, we need to find their airbase so we can KEPD 350 it.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Oh my god. Thank god we're not flying for those morons.

OK, well presumably we will have some time before any of that stuff arrives for the Free State, assuming that they're on Kickstarter and not some homebrew that lets them take/spend the money in advance of the campaign endi-who am I kidding, it's the latter. So we can expect drones and maybe Kfirs soon, with Mirages potentially down the line. If Rohan has any tips on the strengths & weaknesses of the Mirages - I'm sure she's got some, from her IAF days - maybe she could give us some tips on how to handle them?

Who's going to fly those Free State birds? Are they just hiring freelance pilots for their own airforce?

Can we get some intel on 'The Faithful'? I'm guessing they might see an uptick in donations if they manage to successfully advance while we're distracting Dos Santos in the south.

I think taking out the diamond shipment is going to be important for disrupting the Dictator's cashflow further. These mercs don't come cheap.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
https://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/index.php/DataAircraft?ID=2228 These are probably the Kfirs in question.

A drat shame too, I was hoping for Wacky Willie to get them for us next procurement session.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

It's really good that we don't post all our detailed battle plans on an internet forum for our enemies to-

Oh gently caress. Thank god no-one ever visits our dying comedy forum.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Yvonmukluk posted:

Oh my god. Thank god we're not flying for those morons.

OK, well presumably we will have some time before any of that stuff arrives for the Free State, assuming that they're on Kickstarter and not some homebrew that lets them take/spend the money in advance of the campaign endi-who am I kidding, it's the latter. So we can expect drones and maybe Kfirs soon, with Mirages potentially down the line. If Rohan has any tips on the strengths & weaknesses of the Mirages - I'm sure she's got some, from her IAF days - maybe she could give us some tips on how to handle them?

Who's going to fly those Free State birds? Are they just hiring freelance pilots for their own airforce?

Can we get some intel on 'The Faithful'? I'm guessing they might see an uptick in donations if they manage to successfully advance while we're distracting Dos Santos in the south.

I think taking out the diamond shipment is going to be important for disrupting the Dictator's cashflow further. These mercs don't come cheap.

No idea who's flying them right now. I imagine they're hiring pilots on eLancer or something.

Intel on The Faithful is thin right now, I've got sources digging into it.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

Night10194 posted:

It's really good that we don't post all our detailed battle plans on an internet forum for our enemies to-

Oh gently caress. Thank god no-one ever visits our dying comedy forum.

Don't worry, they'll never suspect we're posting over a decade in the past.

Yooper posted:

No idea who's flying them right now. I imagine they're hiring pilots on eLancer or something.

Oh god, I just had a brilliant idea (admittedly, it'll only work once): we get them to unknowingly hire some of our pilots, then just fly off with their planes.

The Sandman fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Apr 25, 2017

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

What I want to know is how they gently caress they've made almost 400 million with a kickstarter.

I guess idiots who'll buy bitcoin miners will also try to throw everything they have at buying an air force.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Night10194 posted:

What I want to know is how they gently caress they've made almost 400 million with a kickstarter.

I guess idiots who'll buy bitcoin miners will also try to throw everything they have at buying an air force.

People will back anything on Kickstarter if you add cat photos. Or creepy manga miniatures.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

The Sandman posted:

Oh god, I just had a brilliant idea (admittedly, it'll only work once): we get them to unknowingly hire some of our pilots, then just fly off with their planes.

I like this idea. I like it a lot.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

We should keep a running tally of how many of the Dictator's Air Admirals we get fed to the lions.

I suspect it'll end up more than 1.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

The Sandman posted:

Quinntan posted:

I like this idea. I like it a lot.
One problem is that they have Jack working for them on that front, so he might recognise some of us. Then again, we've had a lot of turnover and new hires.

We even have a potential 'out' - just say some of people could disgruntled with the current lack of payment and are willing to 'defect' and fork over a shitload of (mis)information.

The main issue would be having to cross the lines and then fly the birds not only away from the Free State, but right over the Dictator's territory as well. Plus potentially refuelling our new acquisitions if they don't give us enough fuel to reach our lines.

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Apr 25, 2017

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
Go up along the ocean, have the KC-135 and a few Grips to bring them home.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I guarantee there's a ton of super earnest internet people caught up in the hype, the irreverence is seen as fresh and exciting and there's heavily gilded careposts about how the free state will change the world. And also, I imagine certain interests are really keen on the idea of a poorly governed state with weak corporate controls and potentially lots of lithium

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Yooper posted:

More like B(-1) Lancer

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Yooper posted:

brb posting combat pilot profile on Fiverr

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

...Wow.

In light of this new information I would like to profusely apologize for even suggesting in jest that we work for those guys, or that any comparisons could be drawn between us and them. It is now painfully clear to me that my statements caused significant damage to company morale and could have been extremely detrimental to the future of the company as a whole. I realize that my past actions were, to put it bluntly, unbelievably dumb as all hell, and would like to make it clear that I do not stand by them in the slightest.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Dr. Snark posted:

...Wow.

In light of this new information I would like to profusely apologize for even suggesting in jest that we work for those guys, or that any comparisons could be drawn between us and them. It is now painfully clear to me that my statements caused significant damage to company morale and could have been extremely detrimental to the future of the company as a whole. I realize that my past actions were, to put it bluntly, unbelievably dumb as all hell, and would like to make it clear that I do not stand by them in the slightest.

Apology accepted. You couldn't have known it would be this bad.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Having a bunch of great planes is overrated, and being great at everything is boring. We should take pleasure in these scrounged planes while we can, for surely we will look back with fondness on the simple days of one Prowler and a platoon of 2x4smen taking care of business.

Now then, after this mission if half this poo poo dies the nostalgia will be a bit slim, so I like Bacarruda's plan at this point because it's conservative. We maintain stand-off range, attempt to acomplish a maximum effect, and don't have single-ship attack missions which is almost always a bad idea.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Night10194 posted:

Chris Roberts promised them sixth generation strike fighters that came with fully functional waifus.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

Davin Valkri posted:

OPERATION POCKET ROCKET MONSTER

Quoting for new page, and also because I shifted the Tunguska strikes to its own phase. How does it look? Is it in the least viable?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Smash the Free State. Raze their webservers to the ground, salt the earth.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Loel posted:

Chris Roberts promised them sixth generation strike fighters that came with fully functional waifus.

Back to Missions - I'm collating the Proposals and will call a vote soon.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Loel posted:

There's outside odds that Strike Command Industries is a PMC that's been set up in this universe, because it was easier to establish a PMC than deliver Star Citizen.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Yooper posted:

Intel From the Free State

These fuckers are retarded. This is from their kickstarter page. Right now they are at $387 million, so almost to Hebrew Hammer Cat.

I'm suprised there's no creepy anime bullshit in the pledge.

Thank you for not putting that in there BTW.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Yooper, please message Jack on Reddit with the following:

"We have booze. How much do you want and what are you offering in return?"

Post results.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
I doubt that Jack's actually tied up with the Free State, at most he's just shitposting on their subreddit while he's ensnared in legal shenanigans related to his drunken rampages through Europe and America.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Quinntan posted:

I doubt that Jack's actually tied up with the Free State, at most he's just shitposting on their subreddit while he's ensnared in legal shenanigans related to his drunken rampages through Europe and America.

No, we know he's a consultant from the Free State's Kickstarter.

Do they provide backer updates? Maybe we should kick in a dollar and get the info right from the horse's mouth. Assuming our sanity could survive the experience...

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Mikl posted:

Yooper, please message Jack on Reddit with the following:

"We have booze. How much do you want and what are you offering in return?"

Post results.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

I'm pretty sure we could turn him for, like, 3 cases of liquor and a plane ticket.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

See if he can get us that S300.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Operation Doodlebug

Operation Black Diamond

Operation By The Numbers

Operation Falafel Ranger

Operation I Love War Crimes

Operation Reverse Isiah Mustafa

Operation Down the Throat

Operation Pocket Rocket Monster

Holy poo poo. The Pentagon didn't have that many plans for the invasion of Iraq. This is outstanding!

Right! If no one plan gets a majority we'll take the top three and do a run off.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

My god, he's sober. It must be worse than we thought.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

By the Numbers, and in an ideal world Id like to bribe/steal the S300. Maybe Abramoff can help...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
Sweet Jesus, an asset that turns himself.
I was wondering how that turd floated back to the top of the bowl.

Feed him booze and hookers for intel. DO NOT let him crash on the couch.